Filter By:

AVOID

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I have been with Woolworths for 3 months. The insurance team competence is on par with their fresh produce quality. The first month they claimed they were you able to direct debit after I had signed because the computer wasn’t working and so my credit card was needed. The next month they stole almost double after I enquired about a policy change and specifically stated not to change it. Today I have woken to 3x the amount authorised ramen from my bank for no reason. I hadn’t even spoken to them. They may eventually return it, at a cost to me of foreign transaction fees of $10 plus overdraw fees, and offer a gift voucher but I’m actually afraid if I don’t cancel this policy with the monthly unauthorised debits I’ll be paying more than my car is even worth by the end of the year!
Do not use! Cheaper is not better.

Dont waste your money!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

After a year of being with them, they added an extra $20 a month onto my insurance, with the value of my car down $2000.
After 2 years and making a claim recently, my claim was denied. Received a rude phone call to tell me.
If you want to pay a fortune for rude customer service, a claim denied, having to get documents for them and them saying they will refund you the price and never seeing that money, reducing the value of your car dramatically after 1 year and charging you more when you renew your policy each year, then go with Woolworths! They will deny your claim then give you an excuse just so they dont have to pay up. Wouldnt recommend them to anyone, dont waste your money!! So many other insurers out there who will do right by their customers

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Absolutely the worst customer service team I have ever had to deal with. Both myself and my partner both have policies over 2 years with Woolworths and both cancelled last week due to the complete incompetence of the team. My partner simply wanted to transfer his policy to his new car - he rang 4 times as every time he was sent confirmation it was incorrect and in the end he was over charged and just cancelled the entire policy. For my policy I sent an email to cancel renewal which was confirmed and the policy cancelled only for them to still charge $600 the next week. It is unbelievable how bad the service is and I will never use this company again.

Insurance claim made

24/7 Claims Line - I don't think so!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

So, yesterday I contacted the Woolworths Car Insurance claims line to report a crash - my car is not usable - to be told that if I make the claim over the phone today, someone will be in touch within three to 6 business days. Alternatively, I could call on Monday from 0830 EST to lodge my claim and actually get some assistance. So I won't worry about getting to work or going about my business or that I need to call when I should actually be working... no, I wont worry about that or the less than helpful woman that I spoke to on the phone who didn't appear to understand that her not helping me with my problem is now the problem! I have a rental car included in my cover but cannot access it until after Monday. Woolworths' claims line does not operate 24/7, someone just answers the phones. I imagine if I wanted to BUY insurance, someone would have been there to take my money. What a terribly poor service. I would highly NOT recommend.

Insurance claim made

Only good if you can't afford paying yearly but still want comprehensive insurance

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

I've joined this insurance simply because I didn't have enough budget to pay for a year but still wanted to be covered under comprehensive policy. For the 1st one year, I only needed to pay $60 /month so it wasn't a bad deal for my case. But that's pretty much all you can get out of this, I wouldn't expect a satisfying service when it comes to making a claim.

Sydney

Horrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

I was in a car accident a few months ago and the at fault driver was insured with woolworths insurance. As a result of the accident my car was a write off. I had to call woolworths insurance multiple times a week to keep renewing the hire car they gave me and to get updates on the claim. They have now informed me that the claim was denied and they have dropped the other driver as a client and will not be reimbursing me for my car but cannot disclose to me why. the other drivers car has been repaired and I'm left with no car and was told i need to seek legal advice on receiving the money for my car from the other driver. Everytime i dealt with woolworths insurance i would be placed on hold for a minimum of 30 mins and they were difficult and no help. 10/10 do not recommend.

Canberra

• 5 answers
  • 34 helpful votes

Raised my premium and dropped the value of the car by $6000

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

BEWARE - Always shop around

When i was renewing my policy I noticed Woolworths had increased my policy and significantly dropped the value of my car, charging more to provide less.

When queried about this I was told that due to the other drivers they cover making claims my premium had gone up even though we have not made any claims?. I was also told I had some special promotion on the first policy which seems to be a standard lie as more than one person said it but the rate of alleged discount varied (one said 5% the other 10%)

I shopped around and beat their policy by $400

Insurance claim made

They play on time! They are a bunch of lyers!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Years with Woolworths comprehensivue car insurance.
MONTHS of terrible expiriance.
Wasted money on some kind of substitute becouse its not real insurence.

If you are looking for a good insurance... its not here!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi Zaraz, thank you for sharing your review with us. We're very sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience with your cover. If there's anything we can assist you with, please share with us y... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Waited over 20 days to get write off claim, don't return calls, refuse to provide appropriate servic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I have been waiting 20 days to get my insurance paid out for an accident that was deemed not my fault. I had 20 days car hire which I had to ask for despite being insured with the company 4 years with no previous accidents.
I called multiple times to ask what is happening with the claim prior to my rental car finishing and kept getting told by [name removed] and [name removed] that someone will return my call. I never received a call back. The day I was due to return that car I called requesting an extension on the rental since they have not yet paid out the claim. I was told this will not occur and that it will take another week before I receive my money.
Prior to this whole experience, I called 6 times because they weren't taking my monthly instalments out of my account. As soon as I put the claim through, they took three instalments out of two different accounts and I was informed that was the way it worked because those instalments were owing and I had to pay for the month the car was written off as well. Extremely disappointed in the service and certainly will not insure with Woolworths again!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi M.S, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear you've experienced difficulties with your recently lodged Car Insurance claim. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you d... read more »

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Cancelled policy within cooling off period.
3 months and still no refund.
Rang numerous times, always being told previous person had not processed cancellation correctly.
Customer service was always polite, as was I.
Today I rang again and said I was going to the insurance ombudsmen unless I received a full refund and an apology letter by end of business today. Tonight the money was finally in my account. Would highly recommend that you DO NOT USE WOOLWORTHS INSURANCE. Cheaper for a reason.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi, thank you for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear of the delay experienced when awaiting your refund, despite contacting our Customer Service Team on multiple occasions. We appreci... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Cant claim my insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

This is the most hideous insurance that i have come thru. My car was hit by someones car and then she gave me her claim number i then call the insurance for 1 month and they were like keep transferring the call from 1 staff to another i have to repeat my case for them all the everytime. They never called me back but everytime they said was they will call me back !!
This insurance company should be banned by the government cos this is only making fool to people

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi Abishek, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear you've experienced difficulties with your claim. We're disappointed to hear of the way your claim had been handled. Please sh... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Claims process

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

The worst i have gone through.Day 9 and my claim hasn't been looked at or finalized.Very,very poor.Dont take policies here

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi Collet, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear you're still awaiting action with your recent claim. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you due to this delay. Pleas... read more »

Collect Mbungo,claim no:893081,NSW

Contact customer service 4 days in a row with a minimum of a 2 hour wait

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Where is the customer service. Phoned 4 days in a row with wait times quoted over 2hrs. No option for a call back. Obviously they don't want me to renew my policy. Congrats Woolworths for a pathetic excuse of customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi Donna, thank you for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear you've experienced difficulties with contacting our Car Insurance team. We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Thief’s - Stole money out of my account

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

They auto renewed my policy, took they money which is ok as it’s in the small print, the insurance premium sky rocketed so I changed provider, called Woolworths & the refunded my money. Problem came 12 months later when the auto renewed again, (while I was with another provider) they took $600 out of my account that 1) I didn’t have and resulted in bank charges, 2) the were not authorised to do as I didn’t have an active policy. It took around 1 month to get the money back & 3 calls to their useless call center, each needing 1-2 hours. Woolworths insurance owe me 6 hours of my life and $20 in bank charges.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi Daniel, thank you for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear you had been debited for your policy despite cancelling your Insurance prior to this payment. We apologise for any inconven... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Call waiting time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I contacted 1300641327 for comprehensive car insurance renewal and the waiting time is more than three (3) hours which is way too much.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi Angie, we're sorry to hear that you had to wait a considerable amount of time to reach our Car Insurance team and we certainly understand your frustration. If your query still hasn't been resolv... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Absolutley terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

And this is just trying to pay for a new Insurance Policy, hours and hours of waiting time to get through to a Customer Service Person, who I admit are nice but did not do what they said they were going to. I would hate to think what would happen if I had to make a claim. I just rang through their recorded message said it was a 8 minute wait I have now been on the phone for 35 minutes, all I want to do is cancel my policy get the refund I was promised by the 3rd customer service person I was talking too and get as far away from Woolworths Insurance as I can. Unfortunately with Woolworths Insurance you don't even get what you pay for

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi Caz, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're disappointed to hear about your experience with our Car Insurance team and your frustration is understandable. Our team is doing the best they ... read more »

Perth

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

I have had the insurance since June last year and its great. Customer service is fantastic and great prices.
I had to do a claim and it was easy, Did it online and they rang me to confirm some stuff. Got a quote that day from repairers and it was approved the next day.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi Shannon, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're always seeking to ensure that we offer our customers an exceptional customer service and we really appreciate your positive feedback. Thanks

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

35 minutes on queue but no one answered my call

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Terrible customer service! I called to cancel my car insurance and I was on queue for 35 minutes and no one answered! Yes 35 minutes! Website says hours of operation 8 am to 8 pm...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi Richie, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're disappointed to hear that you had to wait for 35 minutes to cancel your car insurance policy. Our customer service team is always doing the ... read more »

Townsville

Can’t even contact them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

I’m deaf cannot use a telephone. Been trying to get a quote for comprehensive car insurance for two days and all I get is “page not available” only other option they give me on website for contact is via phone. Missed out on my business for being uncontactable for hearing impaired people. Not very disabled friendly in this day and age.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi RichB, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear that you've been trying for 2 days to get a quote on our website for your comprehensive car insurance and you received an error... read more »

Port Douglas

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I got a chip in my windscreen and went on line to see if it was covered by my car insurance, then went on to lodge a claim. I received a response that I would hear from someone in the claims area within 3 days. Then I had a look at previous reviews and based on other's reviews thought it would be forever before I heard back. I was totally surprised to receive a phone call from claims support the next morning and I had the chip fixed by lunchtime. Very happy with the response.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Car Insurance Official

Hi Christineap, thanks for sharing your review with us. We're very happy to hear that our Car Insurance Claims team has got in touch with you within the promised time frame and was able to process ... read more »

1 of 23 pages