• 1 comment

Good product, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I was previously with the national telco as a pre-paid customer, and also with the major competitor in the country. As a rural customer, I found the Telstra network more extensive and reliable in the bush than Optus, however the Telstra pre-paid deals were average.
I switched to Woolworths Mobile a year ago, and I am a very happy customer. Woolies uses the Telstra network, so I get the coverage and speed I need, but at a better rate and options than Telstra, especially for data.
Plus the convenience. I shop at Woolworths frequently, so buying the pre-paid voucher can be done at any checkout.
I have recently needed help via their online Customer Support and was delighted with speed of this service and had a very favourable outcome.
Highly recommended.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Gazza959,

Thank you so much for your review, we are ecstatic to hear your services with Woolworths Mobile is working, and our team was able to help with your enquiry within a timely manner.

Have an amazing day!

Very transparent and understanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

This is the first time I am writing review for any Telco. Infact, having an experience working in Telco for few years in IT and seeing the way normal customer requests being handled, I am really touched by Woolworths transparency in a process. My wife was facing an issue with not able to call to amy Vodafone numbers and issue was ongoing for around 6 weeks. But Woolworths mobile team was very responsive and understanding in resolving an issue. They even offered a credit because they got late to resolve it by a week! I had a bad experience with other big Telcos in the past particularly with Optus (who btw in my opinion are the most unethical and someone who never cared for the customers complaint) and considering this Woolworths is pretty awesome. Keep it up good work and customer service.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi DPP, Thank you so much for your review, l am glad to hear you are happy with Woolworths Mobile and the contact center has been able to assist with your wife's issue. I will pass this feedback ... read more »

Loyalty customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

I have been very happy with my woolworths mobile, however when I purchased my new recharge i see woolworths are no longer giving 10% off for reward customers.. very disappointing.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Carebear, Thank you for your review. We are so excited to hear you are happy with Woolworths Mobile. We understand the 10% removal is something that might be disappointing for our customers. ... read more »

Melbourne

Very happy with phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Excellent coverage everywhere l go.
Prepaid which is easy to manage
Yes great value for money
Excellent support when needed

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Angela,

Thank you for your positive review, we are ecstatic to hear your happy with us and everything is working smoothly.

Melbourne

Surprisingly good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

I usually steer well clear of supermarket sprukers. I got 2 mobiles on a 2 year plan.
The Woolworths mobile phone coverage came with a guarantee of mobile service as this was extremely important in my area as voda phone and optus don't work. I've been with them a year now and have had no extra charges on my bill and no service issues either. I coupled my husband's mobile aswell and saved heaps on the monthly bill compared to Telstra. Less $60 per month for the equivalent plan. There's an app to manage things but i just check the emails they send me....2 per month. I'm very happy with the phone and the service.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Kylie,

Thank you for your awesome review, we are happy to hear everything is working exceptionally well. Have a great day!

Roselynn

They won't let me upgrade my plan

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I have asked to upgrade my plan as mine is out dated and i have been told i have to be on the plan for a year before doing so I'm paying $120 a month with the add-ons i have to get.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Will,

We are more than happy for you to upgrade to a new plan with a new handset. I will be sending you a PM so we can discuss this in more detail.

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Some calls go straight to voicemail

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I recently ported my wife's number from Optus to Woolworths mobile. I am still with Optus. Whenever I call her phone from mine it goes straight to voicemail without ringing. This had never happened prior to porting the number from Optus. All settings on the phones are the same and no "blocking" or "do not disturb" settings are in place. Called Woolworths mobile last week to try and sort it out but they just said they would get back to me... No assistance so far. Very frustrating to not have any feedback and assistance.

This issue has now been ingoing for weeks and weeks now. I have been asked repeatedly if the number has been “blocked” and that is as far as the response has gone. I have responded with the same answer every time. There are NO numbers blocked on the phone. Woolworths mobile tech support have thus far been utterly useless.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Heine,

We apologise for the inconveniences caused, as discussed we are having this matter investigated by the relevant department.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Woolworths Mobile.

As an update- the “relevant department” has just again raised the same question with me that was first answered over a week ago...

Wangaratta

Awesome. Had no problems

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Been on Safeway ( oops I mean Woolworth's

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Sprios27,

Thank you for your kind review!
We are so happy you are loving our phone plan's.
Have a lovely day.

Cheers,
Raisa

Would be 5 stars if they didn't restrict INcoming calls so hastily.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

Im on my second phone contract with woolies. Price is good, inclusions on my new plan makes the plan even better value. Coverage is great. However, when 28 days late in payment they cut both in and outgoing calls which makes life tough. I know its not great, paying late, but life happens and it would be great if i could still take a call, should it be important. Cutting off everything doesn't make money appear from nowhere, enabling quicker payment from me. It just makes me think less of the company and makes life hard when on a pension. At least if i had prepaid I would be allowed incoming calls for up to a year with no credit. Optus do not cut incoming until 60 days.. Not happy at how they treat customers. Also the constant calls, texts, letters in the mail are rather ridiculous. You'd think i was going to skip the country because i owe them $42 for 3 weeks...

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your feedback, we have sent you a PM regarding your matter raised.

Waikiki

• 2 answers

mobile phones

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

i have an optus post paid mobile. Optus had a good network coverage. I am very much satisfied with their service and they are up to date. Easy to get connected with. Optus have a very good customer service team. I recommend Optus to my friends and families. I always choose optus mobile to give gifts.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Syndi,

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear your service with Optus is working well :)

Enjoy your weekend.

Roselynn

So happy that rollover excess data each month

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

MY plan prepaid yes it is good value for money yes I am satisfied with customer service and happy with my deal

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Vic,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you're enjoying your prepaid service with Woolworths Mobile :)

Have an awesome day.

Absolute rubbish service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Coverage is not too bad but I'm sick of this oppo r9 plus.
Unreliable piece of crap, called support requesting if i could upgrade to a more expensive phone and get denied due to contract ending in Feb 19.

Did i miss something I'm not canceling the service I'm trying to add a higher cost for myself.

I need a reliable phone.

One more phonecall to support with a NO and woolworths can take it up with TIA.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Andrew,

We apologise for the inconveniences you have faced with your OPPO handset, l will be sending you a PM shortly so we can take a look into this for you.

Updated our phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Best service l have ever had , just can't be faulted , great value for money , best plans around for a prepaid .... cheers to all the staff

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your awesome review, we are happy to hear you're enjoying your services with Woolworths Mobile. Have an awesome day.

horsham

• 1 question

Christopher in customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Definitely the best customer service I have ever had from.anywhere .Nothing was a bother and manner and knowledge excellent .
Congratulation any business could profit by having people of this calibre well done

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi K, Thank you for taking the time to send fantastic feedback!! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us. We have sent you a private message, as we would like to recognise the agents... read more »

worst plan ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

no 4g network on my mobile even it says i have 9 G of data left, very disappointing and will not buy it again

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Han,

We apologise for the inconvenience, please allow me to look into this for you. I will be sending you a PM shortly requesting your details so we can investigate this matter for you.

Roselynn

My pre paid mobile phone plan is excellent with reliable coverage also good value for money and very

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

Customer care is excellent. Staff are polite and will help with any queries or problems in a positive, friendly manner.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Funny,
Thank you for your fantastic feedback and positive review!
We are happy to hear that you love our service.
Cheer,
Woolworths Mobile.

Tasmania

• 5 helpful votes

Should've listened ...

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Please, for the love of ...whatever... run, don't walk away from Woolworth's mobile. I looked through all the reviews here and thought they were just written by bitter people, and decided to take the plunge ... what a colossal mistake! There's a reason the prices are too good to be true, and that's to make up for their complete incompetence, and sucker you into a plan they believe you can't escape from (because they won't let you), for the next however many years, all the while giving you no handset, no sim card, and customer service that's so terrible the people at the other end of the line don't even know how to use a phone properly, (yes I'm being serious).

These are the things I have learnt in the few, wretched days I've had with Woolworths Mobile.

1. Your phone will come ... "whenever". And when I say whenever, I mean whenever. Do not trust their emails, their contract, their startracker service. Your precious phone will arrive whenever they gosh darn feel like it, and no, you can't have your initial payment back, even if you don't have anything to show for it. You're locked into a contract they haven't even started yet. (Yes! It's true!)

2. Even though they have no contract with you yet (as confirmed by Mohammad), they are beholding you to it "in potentia", so quite frankly, you're out of luck chuck, they're not cancelling the contract they haven't started yet, that they haven't given you a handset for, haven't given you an account number or sim card for, because ... I don't know ... they can? Tried to get a more reasonable explanation out of Mohammad, but alas, he had nothing but the company line.

3. When you do get a hold of customer service, three things will happen. A) You will wait on hold for goodness knows how long, so if you want a cup of tea or a toilet break, do it now. I recommend a stiff drink, because it's the only way you can wrap your head around the idiocy. B) You will then be answered by a "customer service" operator who will have no idea that she has taken a call, and will proceed to complain loudly to her fellow co-worker about customers, WHILE YOU ARE WAITING TO BE ANSWERED. It's fantastic, nothing better than getting from the horse's mouth how little they think of you, (I'll give you a hint, it's nothing). C) You'll be handed over to "management" who does absolutely no management at all, and will ALSO forget to put you on hold, (for quite some time), so you can hear the entire call room and their conversations, (Yeah,Tuesdays suck, ain't it grand your day's almost over? A few beers on this end of the line wouldn't go astray either, maybe I'll meet you at the pub!). And finally D) after dithering for goodness knows how long, not talking to anyone else, just making me wait, he tells me; politely, to shut up and that they're going to do absolutely nothing and I'm just out of luck. Too bad you waited a full day on our hearsay, you'll get your phone when we're good and ready, and we'll pay you for the privilege. And if you're not here? Tough luck, you can just wander wherever we gosh darn tell you to, to pick it up. Then we'll charge you too.

Now I know I may, (or may not, goodness knows with this lackluster company), a cheery little note telling me to let them know in a PM about my troubles and they'll try and do something about it. That's just autobot nonsense, I've sent emails to all sorts of management, and I am waiting a reply. No doubt it will be another corporate "tow the line" spiel, and I'll still have to shut up and wait on their good graces while they take my money.

I have requested a copy of my disastrous call, and once I receive it, I am more than happy to give it to whomever requests it. Just for the laughs, (at my expense).

So yes, whatever you do, regardless of how tempting the low lying fruit might be, just turn your nose up at it and run away. They are far better with baked beans and toilet paper, than anything else. No wonder they've been in a slump for so long.

And to think I was thinking of moving my home and car insurance over. The thought makes me shudder.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Lilly, We are disappointed to hear your experience regarding our service, and I apologise you are not happy with Woolworths Mobile. We would like to look into this matter for you. We have sent... read more »

Albany, Western Australia

Private message

Disappointing update to pre-paid plans

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

I joined my children's phones to Woolworths mobile as the rewards discount and low entry cost for plans made it an affordable family option. I feel these offers were only in place to lure new customers and feel quite mislead now they have been removed. I think the changes will see a move away from this service to a network with more reliable coverage that is now equally priced.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

HI Emma, Thanks for your feedback. Our new Prepaid plans while no longer have the 10% discount offers the freedom of no lock-in contracts, giving you the flexibility to change your plan any time.... read more »

DANDENONG

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

The customer service team are always friendly, just the service is bad.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

I entered a 24 month contract in May last year, the service worked great until December or November last year when my phone started dropping out of calls frequently, I haven't been able to use my phone to call people since with out it dropping out... even though i live in Geelong.

The only resolution given to me is to cancel my contract and pay out my headset, which is expensive. (Called in January to ask about the price and it was 400, called again today and it's still 400.. even though I've kept my payment upto date) I'd like another resolution as a phone is meant to call, when you pay for a service you expect to receive it.

May 16th 2018 Update: Geelong, was happy at the start. Now I'm not.

Due to the lack of response to me enquirey I'm lowering my previous score.

Tldr my phone worked perfectly for a few months, then out of the blue stopped. Can't call people, Woolworths won't fix it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Zina, I am sorry to hear your experience regarding our service, l would like to look into this matter for you. I have sent you a private message requesting your account details, so we are able... read more »

I've sent my details, but it seems as If you're going to ignore my message. So just going to put a little comment here so you look at the message and reply. Also lowering my score to 1, the only re... read more »

Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Zina, Apologies for the delay in responding to your post, we have been unable to locate your response to our message. I will be sending you another PM requesting the same information, again l ... read more »

Narangba

Beware of woolworths mobile

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

This is a warning for anyone deciding to go with woolworths mobile. I went with them when they first started their plans. I had problems with a phone they supplied me and was without a phone for weeks, it took them at least 2 weeks to sort it out and for a while there it looked like they weren't going to do a thing. Anyway eventually I got a handset that actually worked, but then I found I used too much data for the plan to be useful to me so I transferred the sim to a phone to use for emergency so I had no other real use of the service, I didn't need any more contact with them in this period of time. Anyway thinking that woolworths would contact me when my plan was up, they didn't, there was no email, or contact over it they just let it keep taking money out before letting you know the contract was finished. I contacted woolworths to have it terminated. Had my account terminated and everything, then about 3 weeks later got an email saying that they were going to take money out of my account. I contacted woolworths again and the customer service guy said ignore the email it's just automatically generated. I was like is it going to take money? And he said no. Then they direct debited when that date come up. So I contacted woolworths again to find out what happened and they had closed my account, but my bank details was still active and there for them to use, and the sim was still saying it was active, even though my account was terminated.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Rachael,

I am disappointed to hear about your experience with Woolworths Mobile, I have just sent you a private message requesting your account details so we can take a look into this for you.

1 of 24 pages