Really bad coverage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

Travelling around Australia, even places their map says I should have 4g we have nothing at all. Had to buy a telstra sim anyway. You get what you pay for.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Jacq,

We are sorry to hear you having coverage issues. Our team would love the opportunity to investigate for you. We have sent you a private message. We look forward to speaking with you soon. Kind regards, Stephanie

Melbourne

• 1 question
Private message

Fast delivery and good customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

Just sign on a Samsung S8 special postpaid package. The application process is not too complicated. But I got issue 1st time after sent off the payment details, the transaction did not go through. I used the chatbox to make an inquiry and the online consultant has guided me through the process again. However, I was asked to submit ID and payslip the second time. The chatbox consultant checked and fixed it up for me. In the end, I got confirmation of the transaction with no need to submit further details. So I would recommend if there is any issue, go to support straight away.

The customer service is good and delivery is fast. The phone looks great with the Gear Fit2 the deal is pretty good value. Coverage is fine as I am in Melbourne metropolitan area. Haven't tested in the regional area yet.

However, when I got in the mobile App to check my account details, I realized that under My Details, all my personal details (including date of birth, address, name, email address, contact number) are shown. I think it is not necessary to have all these details available on the App. I called the customer service, the reason is because they want to allow me to be able to make amendments through the App. Why do I need to change my date of birth? I would suggest the details be hide or partly hide for security reason.

Also as the App once logged in do not have lapse time to log out automatically, that means in order to protect your privacy, you must remember to log out every time after you log in the App. This could be an area of improvement in the future.

So far I am happy with the purchase and the customer service.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Sally, we appreciate your feedback regarding the mobile app. Thank you for the kind review and hope you enjoy your new Woolworths Mobile service, we hope you have a great day! Cheers!

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Terrible international call

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

I join the woolworth plan that is one of big mistake this year.
I never think about international call is provided only 10countries.
Only 10countries people can call international call other have to pay extra.
Crazy system.
Who recommend that service.
I talk with my friends around 10.
They also say terrible system. Why not my country South Korea.
Very shock and never mention when I join.
Don't use it expensive low service and nothing change.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Allen, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have sent you a private message and a member of the team will be in contact with you about your account. Thanks.

Perth

• 9 helpful votes

Fake network coverage map

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

I bought a Sim card after checking the network coverage map on their website which clearly showed 4G coverage at my home. When I got home (only 20min south of Perth City) I realized I have zero! net work coverage and I can not even make a phone call or send a text message. My missus is 9 months pregnant and I am waiting for her call every minute to go to the hospital but she couldn't reach me at all. I contacted Customer service and they did not believe me that their map shows incorrect coverage and asked me to send them screen shot which I did. Eventually and after a couple of very stressful days, I bought new Sim card from another provider. After contacting Woolworth customer service again they agreed to send a $30 Woolworth gift voucher.
They claim they are using Telstra network but it is not 100% true. "DO NOT TRUST THEIR NETWORK COVERAGE MAP". Contact them first to confirm your area coverage or even better not to bother doing business with them at all.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi SHO, Sorry to hear about your coverage issues. Our team would like to investigate this for you. We have sent a private message. Thanks.

Very efficient, seamless experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

The postpaid plan is excellent value for money, customer service was efficient and seamless, I'm very satisfied with this transaction.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Old Duffer, Thanks for the kind review. We are so pleased you are enjoying your post-paid service. Have a wonderful day. Cheers, Chris,

Brisbane

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

I have no phone and now a large bill

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Do not let your monthly payments exceed 2 months without paying them or Woolworths will cancel your plan and stick you with a huge bill! Woolworths is meant to take the money out of your account on a monthly basis but they often have technical issues and fail to tell you about it. Also have not had my phone for 10 months and its already broken the screen is black, it overheats (samsung S7 edge) and no one will help fix it Woolworths says its samsungs problem, samsung can't find my account or is sending out a courier. Phone is still here and still broken. Since I can't use the phone have not been receiving messages saying my account is over due. Get an email after 2 months of trying to have my phone fixed saying Woolworths has cancelled my phone. Call Woolworths guy says it's my fault I should've noticed the money wasn't coming out of my account, I said I have a side separate account which I put money in weekly to pay for the phone, I said all the money is still in there and i can pay it right now. He said once my phone is cancelled there is nothing I can do, I asked for a manager he said there are no managers the department doesn't have them. He gave me an email address, I sent an email only to be redirected and redirected again. So now I have no phone, no plan, a very large bill and no one to help. Woolworths obviously hasn't been dealing in the phone business very long because they suck at it. I really hope this helps people to make up their mind on not going with a Woolworths mobile phone plan, cause they don't care about their customers.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Rosey, Apologies for the inconvenience. Our team would like to investigate this for you. We have sent a private message. Thanks,

Just an update. The message above from Woolworths Mobile Official was the only message I received from them, I replied to this message and have not heard a thing back. On top of cancelling my phone... read more »

BLYTH

Professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

The network is very reliable, my plan is prepaid, plan is value for money and the customer service and/support is very professional and I am extremely satisfied

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Darryl, Thanks for the kind review. The team are so pleased you are enjoying your pre-paid service. Have a great day. Cheers, Chris,

Verified Customer

A hidden gem with a little bit of rough edges

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

Overall, WooliesMobile is perfect but they're a little bit stingy on data usages, though I guess I'm just not within their target market. Still it would be great to get a little bit more bang for your buck. Another thing is the in't calls, it would be awesome if they'd get to approve more countries in, especially the one where I'm from(Philippines). As my parents aren't tech savvy, it's always a struggle to call them on skype or viber. In conclusion, WooliesMobile is awesome and I've already recommended it to my friends(telstra users) as they always complain about the big T's inflated prices...

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Louie,

Thanks for the awesome review & valuable feedback.
We're glad to read overall you're enjoying the service and certainly appreciate you spreading the good word!

• 1 comment
Private message

Caution.... Woolworths Mobile may damage your credit rating with faulty credit checks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2017

Applied for Samsung S8 post paid deal as it seemed good. Credit check said my ID details don't match, reentered same details but again same response. Details are correct and have been used successfully with other companies in the past but Woolworths say they don't match. Tried twice more but this time response said I have failed my credit check which is really impossible. Rang Woolworths customer care to be told that it is likely that the credit check failed due to the multiple applications going through due to an error in their system and to clear this I would have to contact their credit check company. Rang the company who then tried to charge me to get an immediate answer to my problem or told me I have to wait for at least 10 days to get the report and then try and get the multiple applications removed and then try to get the same deal on the S8. They suggested I would now have problems with any credit application if I don't clear this up. Please remember my ID details were correct and I have never had a problem with the details in the past. Seems very dodgy and time consuming and rigged and is enough to turn me away from dealing with Woolworths in any capacity. Shame.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Elizabeth, We're really sorry to read about what has happened surrounding your credit application, please contact us to further discuss to see if we can come to a suitable resolution.

Cheers, Alex

Hi Alex, Thankyou for apologising. Are you offering to fix the problem with my credit rating that applying for a Woolworths Mobile plan has created? Or is the problem Woolworths Mobile single han... read more »

Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Betty, Thank you for getting back to us so quickly! Due to the sensitive information which is related to your application and to protect your privacy we are unable to discuss your personal... read more »

Brisbane

• 1 question
Private message

Error on app when recharge.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Hi, when i recharge, i saw error masseges. So i tried agian.. and agian utill successful recharged massage. Now mine recharged 3 times. How to cancle...?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Luke - I've sent you a private message.
Cheers
Rod

Australia

• 2 answers
Private message

I pray I never have any technical go wrong, for everyone on woolies mobile

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Don't bother calling customer 'service' or customer 'care' team, especially if it's a technical problem and/or outside of the first 30 days. No one has a clue about how to help, and it seems as though if your issue is not resolved after they've made you go and buy the 4th $2 sim to do yet another sim swap followed by yet another APN settings check before seeing if you've got the latest version of Android (it seems like it's updated twice daily) which is followed by (instead of getting us off the phone ASAP, spend the 3 minutes walking us through it, at least pretend to care) palming the problem off to anywhere other than someone who can help, usually the manufacturer is their preferred fob off method with technical support.
Don't bother with requesting they escalate it, they'll put you on hold for a while or until the phone seems to somehow disconnect and you're forced to call back again and do it all over. If someone's claiming their 'management', be careful as they will be more than happy to lie you about 'laws' and tell you "it's standard across the board" and this is the same as every other Telco in the country, it's Industry wide as the current 'standard' for every Telco.

When I ask for a Manager, I expected to have been greeted by a MANAGER someone with a shread of professionalism and knowledge. Instead a lady who claimed to be the manager ([name removed] or [name removed] or [name removed])... More lies. And after our conversation, I'm still unable to locate which laws you thought existed and after confirming with the Victorian Department of Fair Trade that had you stopped for one or two seconds (instead of being so condescending, talking over me and dismissing everything I said) and just listened, you might have understood the problem instead of spooning me lies and treating me like an idiot.
to the 'manager' or 'Lead' or team seniors who are more often condescending and like to offer whatever will get you off the phone ASAP, but never a legitimate solution to your problem... call backs are an extremely rare, with the exception of whatever team the handles the complaints directly sent to the CEO. Fair Trading was my next step, however, they stepped in and actually helped. Sorry if I was difficult when you first called [name removed], you were great, definitely above and beyond. I'm off to enjoy my holiday.

With luck, I'll never need to speak to your 'Management' team or the intervention of your CEO and/or The Department of Fair Trading is necessary.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi There,

Apologies on the delay in responding to your comment, a personal message was sent previously, we look forward to speaking to you soon in order to get this resolved.

- Alex

Don't offer customer support the way other telcos do, and can't give me an invoice

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Ever since myself and my partner swapped out phones to Woolworths we have been receiving calls from a private number at ridiculous hours i.e 2am 3am etc.
Every other company can put a trace on the number to find out who it is and resolve the issue. Woolworths simply suggested I change my number. Not very helpful at all!
I also can't access my recharge history on my account and no form of invoice is given for recharges. Seeing as they are supposed to be an Australian business, you would think they would be able to produce one

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi JJJ,
I regret to hear about your current experience with Woolworths Mobile. I will be sending you a private message shortly requesting your contact details, so we can investigate the issue for you. Cheers!

Unable to activate my sim card

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I just bought woolworth sim card today and has been trying to activate it online for the whole afternoon. I keyed in my international passport but it keep saying Identification check wasn't successful

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Will,
We regret to hear you're having trouble with activating your prepaid sim card. I will be sending you a private message shortly so we can attempt to activate the sim for you.
We look forward to your response. Cheers!

sydney

• 4 answers
Private message

Double charge for adds on

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Please be careful with the adds on. I did add an "addson" once but they charge me twice. "Our zero bill shock promise" does not valid.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi hengQ,
I am sorry to hear about the issue you have been facing l would like to investigate this issue for you, I will be sending you a private message shortly requesting your contact details. We look forward to your response.

Sydney, Australia

• 3 comments

The down-low...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

Pros: Fast porting in a matter of hours. Easy activation.

Cons: Online chat service does not work from the WW Mobile website & not available on my Android phone. No I will not call to talk to someone because it doesn't even allow me to use Youtube either anymore when it was working before on my old sim. I can't call out to my dad, but I'm able to call him via Messenger... gave up after 2nd try at two seperate locations plus I live less than 200m from a phone tower in clear view of my house. Southern end of Adelaide CBD Victoria Square - wifi drops out.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Fire4FX,
We do apologise for the inconvenience caused, I would like to take an investigation in the matter. I will be sending you a private message shortly. We look forward to your response. Cheers

I can see why I couldn't get Youtube on my phone now. The WiFI was on but in Adelaide it connected automatically to Internode. I've disabled my WIFI & Youtube now appears to be OK. But still, I tri... read more »

Hi Fire4FX,
We are glad to hear that youtube is now working for you. We have sent you a PM requesting your contact details, once responded we can then investigate the issues with your calls.

Recharge only available if you have an internet connection

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

I find it really weird that, in order to recharge my account, the app requires me to have an active internet connection. If I had data, I wouldn't need to recharge, now would I????
Other than that, I'm pretty happy.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Ange,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we really appreciate valuable feedback like this, rest assured we will be relaying your comment to the relevant department.

Cheers!

- Alex

Everything just works out of the box.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

Easy porting in to Woolies Mobile from Amaysim. Great web and app support. Good value and coverage. Loving the data roll over. They even have a Whirlpool forum presence!

I do port in and out of mobile carriers quite frequently, chasing mobile prepaid plan bargains. But I always come back to Woolies and I'm here to stay this time round, as everything just works. Keep it simple with no tricks - this carrier has!!

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Peter,

Thanks for sharing such awesome feedback, glad to hear it's been a positive experience so far!

If you do have any issues at all, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers!

newcastle, Australia

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

You get what you pay for

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Changed from Vodafone to Woolworths mobile due to poor service of Vodafone in my new house.
Brought a $2 sim and recharged it with $15. Wanted to use my existing number

Registered at 11am online, received email phone number was activated at 1130am, very quick :)

At 2pm still had no service, rang customer service (CS) was advised it could take 4 hours for service to my phone
Waited til 4pm, still no service rang CS was told it could take 6 hours, should leave phone off til 6 and try again.
Waited til 6pm, still no service, Rang was told to wait til 7, waited to 7pm still no service.
Rang CS, they walked me thru about 10 possible solutions none worked, CS finally decided that i need to purchase a new sim card and try again to port my number over but as it was now after 8pm i would have to wait until tomorrow for it to be activated. They could not guarantee it would work. Asked for refund, they offered a $50 store card, asked for refund again and was told that all staff had gone home and i would have to try again tomorrow. They have refused to provide refund to the card on which i paid so Cancelled service and have send report to ombudsman to have my money paid returned.
All in all, lost money and have not had a phone service for more than 24hrs, like i said you get what you pay for.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Rukas, I would like to apologise for the issues you have faced, I would like to investigate the calls between yourself and our team. I will be sending you a private message shortly requesting yo... read more »

I received 2 refurbished phones

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

Customer service is really bad. They give you the runaround and it's really difficult to get in touch with the manager.

You never get calls from them, you got to call them up instead. My issue is not yet resolved and it has been over 1 month since I got this phone now. I bought the Samsung Galaxy S6 phone but it had come with the seal already opened. That's how you can tell it is refurbished. Plus I've had numerous Samsung's before.

The packaging isn't correct either. You don't get phones with the IMEI and serial number with stickers on the back.
It should be inside the phone where the battery is.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Sue,

A private message has been sent and we will have one of our managers give you a call once we receive your contact details.

Kind Regards,

Very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

Great coverage, I was with another provider before switching to Woolworths I had dropouts all the time , I had to drive around the block to use my phone.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Joy,
We are glad to hear your happy with our services and everything is running smoothly. Have a good night Joy! Cheers!

1 of 19 pages