All SMS are titled with Woolworths

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

The only annoying thing is that the woolworths is listed on every incoming or outgoing SMS. Can this be changed. Everything else works fine.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Auslink,

We'd love to have a look into this for you to see what can be done about that. Could you please give us a quick call on 1665 from your Woolworths Mobile service?

• 10 comments
  • 1 question
  • 17 helpful votes

Shrinking Support

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

I have no complaint about the plan I have, but it seems that Woolworths is shrinking their support options. It seems bizarre, but they have now removed everyone's internet account access, and they are making it an app-only process (only available from your phone). This is fine if you are always in a connected area or you do all your access through your phone, but for many of us this is not possible or convenient. Whenever I need a setting on my account checked, I now must telephone them and go through that process.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Viditor, Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to give our team ways in which we can improve our customers experience. We take all feedback extremely seriously and I w... read more »

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I have this Oppo phone plan from woolworth. It was ok at first then lately did not ring so I missed lots of phone calls, this phone is playing up then work normal as it pleases. This phone was in full volume and always upgraded in latest version. Actually, this phone has an attitude and in control, a woolworth crap phone service. Then I contacted the customer service as my daughter shown me that she called me 10x on her mob phone. I don't have any record of missed called from her and the phone never rang that was on the table next to me which is strange. I contacted this oppo customer technical support who sound like a Lebanese, obviously the customer service is in Australia not from overseas, he suggested that I should pull out the sim card and put back again as their system did not tell there's something wrong on the phone. The system will not do that which his knowledge was very basic and should not be in technical support. It was a surprise that this is Australian technical support can offer a shallow knowledge to the customers that most people know. . I am not satisfied on his technical support, his ability is no good. He gave me another phone number 1300 00677(oppo) to contact if the problem did not fix on IN and OUT sim card as if he is passing the problem. Then he tried to avoid me and to discuss further by saying Thank you for contacting Oppo then he switch off to run away to cut me off. The wooly corporate game is paying him more than $25.00 an hour is not worth it, he rather put a stock on woolworth shelves or forklift job. He is the dumbest technical support I ever encounter. This Australian customer technical supports has no intelligence at all. I rather to speak to the Indians with strong accent but with technical knowledge. This smart Australian is not smart enough to do that job.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Lucy, Thank you for reaching out to us. It is worrying to read your experience with our service and team. I would love to talk with you about this matter and come to a resolution immediately. I... read more »

• 1 review
  • 8 answers

Simply the best !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Network coverage is great, my postpaid plan is excellent value and sevice to date is first class

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Kenny,

We're really happy to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this awesome feedback!

Raisa

Shocked and demoralised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

I purchased a Woolworths phone for my children to use when travelling to and from school through one of the sales representatives at my local Woolworths supermarket (Macquarie Shopping Centre). I was told that it would cost me $35 per month which included phone calls & texts (unlimited within Australia) as well as some data and the phone itself. The money had to come from a credit card or debit card each month. The phone was the brand 'oppo'. All went smoothly initially and I was sent emails advising me that a payment would come out on a certain date and so on. In December 2017 the payment of $35 did not go through as there was not enough money in the CC (our fault of course) and we went overseas for Christmas. I was conscious we would need to catch-up the payment and assumed that the mobile would be disconnected until payment was made. The payment in January 2018 also failed due to a lack of funds but a third attempt was made later in January and the 2 months' worth owing ($70) was taken out successfully. When I called Woolworths Mobile at the end of the month to reconnect the phone before my children recommenced school, I was told that my contract had been terminated and I was no longer a Woolworths Mobile customer (this took 2 days with several phone calls to ascertain because they initially said that it was me who had terminated the contract). I was also informed that because I had failed to pay the account for 2 months (although rectified in the second month), that I would need to pay $300 to pay out my contract. At this point I was speaking with the supervisor of the call-centre, a man by the name of [name removed] who was patronizing, sarcastic and argumentative. He told me that he would be 'direct' with me because he was 'South African' and 'South Africans are direct' and that I had been terminated as per the T&Cs which 'is their right' and that they were a much smaller company than Optus, Virgin ect... and could not have the same flexibility as they were not really a part of Woolworths (????). I could not understand how a company as large as Woolworths could be so cut-throat with a long standing customer (I shop there every week and have so for years as can be verified by my Woolworths Reward card). There was no way of reinstating my contract and essentially, for not paying my account for 2 months I have been charged $370. I spoke with [name removed] in the Credit team there who was firm in his stance of not reviewing the $300 but polite and when I explained that we would have difficulty paying the $300 up front, he suggested a payment plan of $50 per week which will assist us. I also reported my experience with [name removed] the previous day and asked that the phone conversation be listened to by his superior. This is the first time I have been so poorly treated by a company, I have been with Virgin Mobile for over 15 years (I should have gone with them for the kids' phone in the first place) and if I have ever not paid the account which has been rare with them, they have disconnected me and when the bill has been paid including a reconnection fee, I have been reconnected. It does appear that Woolworths Mobile stated these terms in their Terms & Conditions which I did not read (how many people really do?) but I believe their policy to be very harsh. It is not right, it is not the way to treat people, particularly long term customers. I am well aware our record wasn't perfect but being penalised like this after such a short amount of time has been very demoralising.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Tanya, I apologize for the way your case has been handled with Woolworths Mobile. I understand this is not an ideal situation and you have been left without answers or a defined outcome. I wou... read more »

$15 plan suits my needs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

Changed to Woolies prepaid 12 months ago. Live in the country so coverage is usually an issue but as Woolies use the Telstra network not an issue for me. Yes I'm an older Australian and tend to use the basics which suits my needs. Thanks, couldn't be happier!

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Thank you for the great review!

Glad to read we're able to provide you quality service at a reasonable price.

warrnambool

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Only one issue

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Brought a new phone to go with new plan. Woolies not being a direct link to telstra im happy with that. All is good. reception is good but... my one issue is for some reason it wont hold wifi connection like all our other devices. Its good most the time but sometimes it'll drop connection but all 3 xboxs. Partners phone and daughters tablet all still fine. Not a major issue just odd. Had worse issues with optus so cant really complain.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Max, Thank you for reaching out. We can help fix this immediately. We just need the model of the handset and look into your account. If you are still experiencing this issue please contact our... read more »

oppo mobile

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

Terrible service ( almost none) with oppo mobile phone, I was misinformed as to the functions and available assistance/ support post purchase with an easy access and with the plenty of info available on oppo website( not correct), It is very frustrating and disappointing experience till this day. Oppo Salespeople are not trained well , having difficulty in setting up the phone correctly, I was held for hours at the supermarket.
My network coverage is unreliable. No value, no support.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Jo Anna, Thank you for getting in contact with us. We are sorry to hear about the service you have received and that you are having trouble with your Oppo phone. We pride ourselves on our ... read more »

Best value for money coverage is excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Coverage is excellent. I use prepaid. It's value for money for sure. Customer service is excellent so happy to help me out

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Karen,

Thank you for the amazing review, it's awesome to read this great feedback!

Woolworths Mobile Blacklist Customers Who Are 2 Months Late On A Bill

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Was 2 months behind with 2 months left on account (faced financial hardship). Finally cleared my overdue fees and inquired about a recontract as I had cleared up any debts. Was told on the phone by a customer service rep that I should find a different provider as Woolworths do not want me as a customer.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Bach Of Psych,

I would like to discuss this with you and will send a personal message shortly.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

price and coverage great customer service terrible

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

I decided to go with a woolies plan and A5 phone last year. When i selected my plan, after checking and rechecking many times, i selected a $50 plan that included $120 to spend at woolies.To access the promised $120 cash back, which woolies informed me would be put onto my rewards card, Ive had nothing but problems setting it up, first i had to jump thru hoops to activate my rewards card as i found out the rewards card i had for years wasnt even connected, then in another phone call to woolies, when i realised the $120 hadnt gone on still, i was told you dont get $120, its $10 a month for 12 months and it would go onto my woolies reward card after i paid my bill for the coming months. Yet...Still nothing months on, i finally found time to call AGAIN yesterday and was told my plan never included the $120!! it was only the s8, which i dont believe for a second as it was something at the time i checked and rechecked in those initial phone calls, as well as seeing it online at the time myself. I even took screen shots at the time as i felt like it was too good to be true. Turns out it was. When i rang yesterday the initial person kept trying to refuse to put me onto a manager, when i finally spoke to a manager, he was very rude to me at the start of the conversation. When I said I had screen shots he told me to send them to him, and he said his name was just 2 letters, and to call back on the free number when I had the screenshots. I said I didnt think that sounded like a reliable method of contact, and did not want to have to start this whole process again, and infact felt quite dodgy to just give me initials and a free number, and I wanted an email address for further communications. He then got angry and told me he was insulted I found that dodgy and raised his voice at me! When i pointed out to him his job should be conflict resolution and not making inflammatory statements to a customer and actually trying to pick a fight he started back peddling very quickly. He told me he hates it when the sales people promise things they dont deliver just to make a sale!!, I said did you really just say that to me??!! I can't believe he then tried to blame his own company he is meant to be a manager for! wow. As for the screen shot.... I have thousands of photos on my computer and not sure if i will be able to find/have time to locate the screenshot or if I even still have it, initial searches havent shown anything up anyway, but the experience I had in dealing with the customer service team in itself was more disappointing than not full delivery on the plans promises to be honest. Aside from this, I am happy with the coverage and price of my phone and plan. Just very shocked and disappointed with how the customer support team treats their customers.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi KLJ, Thank you for taking the time to review our product and for letting us know about your experience with our customer service team. Woolworths Mobile constantly strives to provide the best ... read more »

This is perfect Woolworths

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Woolworths is excellent I love that they can deliver and can hold your order that also makes your live so much easier if you have to buy water boxes and nappy boxes

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Milky,

Thank you for the great review.

Glad to read we're able to make things a little easier for you!

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Absolutely love my mobile phone and plan package

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Extremely satisfied with network and the fact I can’t exceed my bill it’s capped and if I need more data etc I can get it using the app which I luv and is easy to use. Really happy changing providers the best option I made. Will definitely continue to stay as a Woolworths mobile customer. As for customer service and support I can’t say anything bad because they have been fantastic. Overall extremely happy =)

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Thank you for the wonderful review Marie, we're over the moon to read you're enjoying the service :)

Welcome to Woolworths Mobile!

Amazing customer support!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

I am 100% satisfied with Customer Support! I was having problems with a SIM that I bought, had put $45 recharge on it, only to be told that the SIM may be damaged, so I bought a new one and that one worked. Called them up to see if they could transfer the $45 credit over, but as I’d already activated the new card, that wasn’t an option. So they ended up putting $45 on the new SIM at no extra cost. Very happy with the outcome!

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Raili R,

We're really glad to read the team was able to provide you with a satisfactory outcome, cheers for awesome review!

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Great service, great coverage

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Ported my number over and it was done within 1hr. I called customer service to make sure everything was ok and the phone operator was friendly and LOCAL. The only thing I would suggest to Woolies is to offer the possibility to have an account for prepaid mobile instead of customers loading their credit card details online. I'm concerned about hackers accessing my credit card details. I was with Lycamobile and changed to Woolies because they didn't have mms. With Lycamobile, I had an account which I loaded up with $100. Every month, my mobile would auto-renew. I would make sure I had enough credit in my account. I know I can pick up a voucher from woolies. It means that I'll have to do this every month which is a pain. If I can put $150 in an account & woolies can auto renew every month, I'd give woolies 5 stars.

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Marty B, Thanks for the awesome review! You can certainly set-up your account to recharge automatically and debit your chosen card on the recharge expiry date, please download the Woolworths ... read more »

Hi Alex, I will have to quote my credit card online which I don't want to do. I had chosen the $30 prepaid plan. I was hoping I could buy a voucher for may be $100-$150 from woolies, top up my acco... read more »

Woolworths Mobile Official

Hey Marty, If you would prefer not to use your personal credit or debit card for the auto recharge you may wish to consider purchasing a pre-paid visa debit card which you can load money onto and... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

One of my reasons for not shopping at woolworths anymore

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

My wife & I used to shop at woolies weekly. We barely do now, One of our reasons for changing our spend to elsewhere was graphically displayed today. I convinced my wife we should pop in a buy a couple of items at woolies and give them another chance, rather than just go straight to Aldi. I went to use the app for rewards that I was emailed about Nov 2nd. The app tends to open automatically & annoyingly when I don't want it, but when I went to use it at the self serve checkout I couldn't work it out. So I asked not one, but two different staff about it. Neither knew ithe app existed as an alternative to the rewards card, let alone know how to help me open and use the app. Most of all, they gave off the firm impression they didn't give a rats and told me "just use the card". This untrained, uninformed unhelpful attitude is why we un-woolworthed ourselves from you. They hadn't been told about it and could not have show disdain or disinterest in helping or finding out from anyone else any more than they did.

As a footnote, I posted this on the chat section of there woolworths site and was assured Monique was chatting with me. After no response, I posted it again 2 hours later. Still no response, so I thought I'd try this website.......for what it's worth, Monique has a photo of a man next her name. Perhaps it's not a real Monique that didn't respond?

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Paul Kitson, We are sorry to hear about the experience you have received within our Woolworths Supermarkets. Your post has come through to Woolworths mobile but we work as one to make things a... read more »

Sydney, NSW

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

In late November 2017 I signed up with Woolworths Mobile on a 36 month contract with a handset payment plan on a Samsung Galaxy A7 Mobile Phone.
The process was simple and everything is clearly detailed on their website as to what the plan inclusions are.
I received the mobile phone within 2 business days and activated the SIM immediately without any problems whatsoever.
I am very impressed with what Woolworths Mobile is providing to us consumers here in Aus.
Being on the Telstra network is an added bonus as Telstra have the most extensive and comprehensive coverage than the other 2 telcos.
The app for Android is perfect and always available in an instant to see my mobile phone usage.
The bills are easy to read and understand and include all necessary information for the usage for the billing month.
The fact that data is capped so you can not go over your monthly data usage limit is re-assuring as there will be no additional costs for excess data usage . If more data is needed then Woolworths Mobile offer data add-ons for purchase.
The plans on offer are affordable and have generous inclusions ie data and unlimited calls & SMS.
Overall I think Woolworths Mobile is most suitable for me and my needs for a mobile phone service.
I think Woolworths Mobile should be considered when seeking a mobile phone service plan.
I am staying with Woolworths Mobile for a long time as I genuinely like what Woolworths Mobile have on offer .
I see no point paying a lot more with Optus or Telstra as Woolworths Mobile have a promising future as a reseller of mobile network services and offer more appealing plans than the other 2 telcos.
So thank you Woolworths Mobile for supplying me the mobile phone and network service and I am proud be a customer of Woolworths Mobile

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Afternoon Tiger1973,

Thank you for providing this positive feedback to us. We do value all the feedback from our customers that we do receive.

Regards

J.C

Maitland nsw

• 10 helpful votes

Prepaid

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

Ported over so easy can you keep the current plan for life amazing prices need more data on prepaid plans lower cost

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Thanks for choosing Woolworths Mobile!

Best customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

My coverage for data is not the greatest but it was about the same at Telstra but now I'm saving a lot more
The msg and phone is about the same as I had before
The customer service is second to none
Woolworths team only supply solutions to your concerns and
Any issue will be fixed up to your satisfaction in short order
That's why I shop at woolies

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

Welcome to Woolworths Mobile!

Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Chad L, Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying the phone plan and customer service. We take pride in providing exception... read more »

Verified Customer

Bad service and misguided information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

I was sold the OPPO handphone with a plan at the Woolworth Hoppers Crossing Shopping Centre. I signed the Woolworth Mobile Phone Plan document which clearly states i am the account holder. When i tried to activate my account after two months, I was told I am not the account holder as my previous phone number was in my husband's name. I was informed by the sales person, [name removed] that an email from my husband would suffice. My husband lives overseas at the moment, and despite his busy schedule he sent an email. Subsequently i was told that email is not sufficient and that he has to call the woolworth customer care to activate the phone and was given a direct number which was not a direct number after all. Alas! my husband had to spend UAD60 on the phone call just to get the phone activated, despite me having paid two months of bill without using the service. No one is going to refund AUD 60 because i was incorrect information at the sales point and the after sales care service!! I spoke to the customer care representative and they blamed the vendors for misguiding me. It seems to me that woolworth did not want to take responsibility on the ir appointed vendors sales or providing appropriate training. I requested for explanation from vendor and woolworth customer service but no one came back to me with a response. In addition to this they said my husband had to complete an authorisation form as the account was under his name. He was requested to fill an unfriendly/uncler authorisation form which did not have option for whom to witness the signature if it is signed overseas and whether it would be accepted. When i asked this question no one could answer. I told them they have to review this form or use their discretion in different circumstances and not make if difficult for their customers. Because I did not get a response form customer care service on this matter, i had to wait for my husband to fly down to get this document signed. How good can you rate this service!!!

Comments
Woolworths Mobile Official

HI Dissappointed, We're sorry to hear that you have experienced these problems. We would like to try and assist resolve your activation issues, and if you could kindly provide your contact inform... read more »

I signed a document which indicated I am the account holder ( I have attached the document) but subsequently you told me the account is under my husband's name. because of this i had to change my p... read more »

Woolworths Mobile Official

Hi Dissapointed, We are sorry to hear you are still having issues accessing the account. We have sent you a private message to obtain your details and contact you directly. We would love to get t... read more »

1 of 22 pages