Woolworths metro Southern Cross

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

An employee rudely came forward and demanded to open the backpack I was carrying. It's so disgraceful how he conducted himself to make me feel like a thief. Just because I didn't buy anything does not mean it's right for them to demand a bag check. What happen to cctv cameras? Shameful conduct. Won't be returning to Southern Cross Woolworths metro store.

Glenwood NSW

• 4 helpful votes

Rude and incompetent staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I went to Woolworths at Glenwood nsw, went to the self service and paid for my food.
I didn't have bags nor a trolley, but I did have a basket.
I proceeded to place my items in the basket, finish my purchase and walk out to my car to unload my goods, return basket and go home, to be stopped by an older staff member and he told that I cannot take the basket out to my car.
I said to her, why not, I've done this before.
She said, you can't do it. I said, can I take a trolley to the car? She said yes.
I then asked. What's the difference?
She said, we've had baskets go missing.
I said, you are being very rude. She said, no I'm not.
I then said, if I can take a trolley out, then you better get me one. This woman didn't want to serve me by being helpful, but made the younger girl get it for her, not asking her, but demanding it.
I then asked shirley the supervisor what the difference is, and should couldn't answer me. The reason why they can't answer, or won't, is because they know that there is no difference.
People take trolleys and dump them away from the supermarket. I had never done that, all I wanted to do was take my goods to my car, like you can with a trolley and return the basket.
Woolworths says that they are fresh food people, but they aren't, I use to work for them and have seen their loading docks, there is cochroaches and mice running all over the stuff.

Verified Customer

Customer Harassment by the duty manager

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Hi, i am writing this review because of the harassment i faced in woolworths Double bay today. While i was in the store to buy some groceries the duty manager told me to get out of the store because of his personal reason which is infact Racism. He threaten me to call the police and told one of the night filler staff to kick me out of the store. This is totally harassment i want Justice.

Sydney

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Went in to do some shopping. Went through checkout where lady scanned all my items. When I got home looked at the receipt and saw I got charge for a item I didnt purchase and one of my items I purchased was not on receipt. When rung up wollies and asked them how this could happen when I saw her scan all items. Now the item that came up on receipt was 3 times more in value then the item it was meant to be. He said to go back to the store. I asked could I go back to my local store as that store was 45 minutes away.Went there when I dopped my daughter of at work. He was quiet rude and said no. Been a customer for over 40yrs and will never go shopping at wollies again. Absolutely disgusting service.

average

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

nice clean shop and friendly staff but fruit and veg leaves a lot to be desired. very poor quality. shop too large to pop in and pickup a few necessities.

The place to be for your daily needs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Unbeatable price!! Friendly staffs!! All daily needs are available at a affordable price.They are one of the best in business.

• 1 question

Woolworths

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I are up to date with technology, ecard gift cards , and quick to update New stock , the staff are very friendly . They have great specials and the Woolworths rewards card is on of the best it doesn't take much to get $10 off you shopping or save the points and get a gift card .

Poor quality fruit and vegetables

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

The fruit and vegetables are overpriced and not very fresh. Not good to have soft carrots etc .
Also the sliced meat is slimy .
Coles are much better but none where I live .

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 36 helpful votes
Private message

alot of the checkout staff either hates the customer or their job it seems

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I'm a regular at The Glen shopping centre, every time so far at checkout the staff seems to hate my guts or their work I am polite and personable so it must be the latter. At the best of times they make me pack my groceries even though I supply them with my reusable shopping bags, they have no manners and even worst attitude. Only shop at Woolies if i really have to now

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Budget priced Coffee, Product of Mexico ,

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

$3.70, Glass holder filled with good tasting granulated coffee. When you top up a flask on a day trip,,
Savings is a reality.

Fliners

Worst steak ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Last time my wife brought the steak from wollies i thought it was her inability to chose a nice steak, however i did the buying this time and i can honestly say its the worst steak i have ever eaten. The cut was a scotch fillet still cheaper than the butcher but not worth the $33 kg that they are charging for something that doesn't even resemble a premium cut of meat, my 10 year old would not eat it. You should not be charging the premium price on an inferior product. I will not be buying any meat from wollies.

Morayfield

Recently purchased rump steak

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

I have been buying rump steak from Woolworths for a long time now and have always recommended it to friends and family, at 21.00 a kilo it has been good value and very tender MSA quality.
I have purchased the still 21.00 rump twice in the last 2 weeks and both times it was that tough I feed it to the dog.
Upon checking the sticker on the packet I noticed the steak was no longer MSA but still the price of MSA quality.
I felt very disappointed and deceived because there was no noification of the change or warning to us consumers that it wasn’t same quality.
I will no longer purchase meat from Woolworths and in fact will probably try doing all my shopping at Coles.

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Local woolies is fantastic..great service..prices excellent..great service and friendly .fresh food excellent quality always friendly very happy with Newmarket Woolworths

• 10 helpful votes

Tough steak at Woolworths

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Woolworths used to sell good quality steak, but recently it has been very disappointing.
The rump steak we purchased and bbq'd yesterday, soon after delivery, was the toughest ever, and I have to see the dentist over a loose tooth & sore gums I have after trying to eat it. We gave up and cut it up for the dogs.
On contact Woolworths were not interested, and their food policy seemed to not apply ! ......... very disappointing. We don't intend to try them for meat again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Staff that obviously want a different job

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I am a regular shopper at Woolworths at Southern cross station. Only because it's on my way to work. My local store is marginally better. Although I do understand that staff at this particular store are extremely busy, I am yet to encounter a friendly staff member. Everything seems such a hassle. This morning an item scanned twice at self serve check out. When I asked for assistance the staff member looked at me like I asked her for a kidney. Please, try to smile once in a while. I'm sorry you all seem to hate your jobs so much. Oh and the pre packed salad I bought that was 3 days before expiry was full of brown lettuce.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Local Woolies

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

I like my local woolies! Great range of products and the food is always fresh! I’m super happy with the amount of health foods being introduced and the “odd bunch” in the fruit and veg section! Amazing idea to reduce produce wastage. The staff are always happy and willing to help out! Sometimes things can be extremely over priced though, that’s the reason for -1 star.

Easy Grocery's

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Woolworths easy fresh quality healthy food with friendly customer support. Positive additude and positive support, making grocery shopping a breez.

INCORRECT RECYCLE DIRECTIONS

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

NEW PRODUCT - WW - Italian Classic BEEF LASAGNE - 400g
The recycle directions on the packet state :- Sleeve (RC) Tray and Film (Bin) -- BUT the tray has the PET triangle recycle symbol on it.

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

My first time shopping online with Woolworth and very pleased. Customer service was great And I even got a gift for shopping online for the first time ( Coles never did anything like that ) big thanks to Collingwood park Woolworth I Will definitely shop again.

newton

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Woolworths ready meals are so superior to "youfoodz"

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

This is very factual but didn't think to take photos. Youfoodz won't allow me to place another review because I rated them badly. ..I have just completed your rump steak meal and was impressed with taste and appearance. Why would people eat the crap youfoodz supply???

1 of 97 pages