Rude staff member

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

Promotional offer Harne Super Dry $42 with shopper docket . So off I go and buy $50 shopping that I didn’t plan on buying,Only to be told that my docket didn’t in title me to the discount . The girl at BWS was quiet rude to me and very aggressive. Not to worry Coles is closer so thanks Wollies but no thanks again.

Verified Customer Store type: Physical store

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

Woolworths is the best store ever!! They have competitive prices, good locations, a wide range of products and best of all, great staff service. I highly recommend Woolworths to everyone.

Bad employees

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

I recently shopped at the Woolworths in Coogee as I do once if not twice a week and experienced the rudest employee, Nancy. When I was at self check out I noticed she was watching me and my younger sister, once I was scanning my last few fruit/veg items I unintentionally "stole" an avocado. Nancy came over and accused me of stealing which was humiliating enough but then she proceeded to tip out my full bag saying a stole more. She realised nothing else was stolen so I started putting them bag in the bag and went to pay but I had another item sitting on the scanning area which I no longer wanted, hence why it wasn't in my bag... however she came up and scanned it shoving me out the way saying "you forgot this!". I told her I no longer wanted it so please remove it, I got another employee who was nice and helped remove the item, but Nancy proceeded to say I was "stealing". to her colleague. Extremely embarrassing experience as I'm a local and knew most who were shopping there. I understand theft levels may be high due to self scanning but that is taking it way to far and simply not customer service. Nancy was not discrete and seemed to make sure everyone surrounding heard.

Horrible employees

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

My friend and i used the chermside woolworths and were followed by two employees the whole time. The waited for us the leave before checking our bags and pockets while everyone watched. I felt humiliated that i would be treated like this because of my appearance. Would never use again after this incident. Very upset.

Brisbane

• 1 review

Store type: Online store

WARNING - YOU CANNOT AMEND AN ORDER TO BUY MORE!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

I am very disappointed that I cannot amend my Woolworths Online order this week to add more items (that is, spend more money!).

Apparently when all delivery times are booked for an area, the system is not capable of allowing someone who ALREADY has a delivery time booked to amend that order.....!

This is a relatively simple IT fix.....change the programming to allow an order to be amended and preserve the delivery time already set for that order.

Come on Woolies.....show us how great your IT department can be and get this one sorted

Store type: Physical store

bad self check out employee

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

I have never had a bad experience before at the Point Cook town centre but on 16/01/19 at 7.30pm an employee named [name removed] at the self checkout accused me of stealing in front of my daughter when I told her that there’s an issue it’s the machine never seen someone at the self check out behaving so rude towards a customer coming and wiping off what I already scanned and accusing me in such a way. I don’t approve of her behaviour and I will not be going back to that store.

FRANKSTON

• 8 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 46 helpful votes

Regular Woolworths Customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

I've been using Woolworths for years and even now I've moved I'm still a fan. I normally use the Bayside shopping centre store as it is next to other stores I use so makes shopping easier. I always go early in the morning and find shopping a breeze, nice and quiet and plenty of products to choose from. Their shelves are stocked and I can get in and out quickly plus I seem to keep getting discounts off most shops now so i can't complain. I get weekly emails pointing out regular items I buy that are on special which is really handy too, thanks Woolies!

Store type: Online store

Poor service and damaged products

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Fresh fruits and vegetables are old and bruised. Tends to run out of the items i ordered. Pick up counter also take a long time lack of staff.

• 4 helpful votes

Store type: Online store

First and last online shop

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Thought I would give it a go and selected and paid for items only to find at delivery time some important items were not available so I wasted my time and now have to wait some days for a refund. It won’t happen again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Derrimut

Petrol docket

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Don't shop a Woolworths much, but had no choice, while I was holidaying. Days later went to buy petrol from caltex Woolworths and the receipt for a 4 cent discount did not work because I needed my awards card to scan, for it to register. The wife had it which she was not with me, meaning I did not receive the discount. Coles allows you to use the purchase shopping receipt for petrol discount, without having your awards saver. Looks like I will avoid shopping at Woolworths as they have a system that is not user flexible and incovienent.

Best sausages

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

I have been buying woolworths gf thin beef sausages for years.Also the meat rissoles pk of 8 ,along with the beef parsely and black pepper sausages.There is more meat in these items and they taste real.

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Woolworths bad experience again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

This is my second negative experience at the Woolworths at Garden City, Booragoon WA where the price for items advertised on their website are different at the Woolworths store at Garden City.
My second negative experience prompted me to do this review as it has happened twice this month.
The staff members I spoke could not explain the price difference and consulted their store manager. It was at this point that I received lame excuses about the website advertised item applied only for NSW and not WA. The item that I purchased was a mushroom cups 500g which was advertised for $5.50 but sold at the store for $6.00
In addition to the website excuse, the person (who I think is one of the managers at the store) made other excuses about items having their prices changed twice a day. For 50 cents difference, I decided to pay the $6.00 price as I needed the mushroom and just wanted to get out of the store.

Corrimal

• 2 questions

The best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

I have shopped at Bulli Woolworths since it’s opening and I have found the store to be a nice experience to shop in. The staff are very friendly. The Bulli store is not my closest to home however the ease of parking compared to my closest store and a store with room to move in comparison makes a better experience. Woolworths management should be proud of this store, 5 stars!

Brisbane

Good, frustrating, not terrible

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Our household had used the Woolworths delivery service regularly over the past 2 years. I like the convenience of checking items within the house before adding to cart, I like shopping while my 2 children are comfortable at our home and I am not pressured into buying treats, and budget-wise I am able to monitor my cart value as I go which helps us not overspend.

Unfortunately there are a few dislikes that we have to swallow for these benefits. 1. Items are 'unavailable', even though at the same store our delivery is prepared has 5, 10 or more of that same item on the shelf. 2. Cold item are not cold I could never rely on having ice cream delivered. 3. Our weekly shop often tetters on the $100 value, so when a big ticket item is unavailable it means that we are under the free delivery value and have to pay $10 for delivery, or alternatively pick up and collect. As we need the baby formula, we often opt to go in store and pick up the baby formula that was listed unavailable but is still in store, week after week. 4. Routine items that are out of stock, like fruit that is in season and bread - a daily staple. 5. Short date expiry, or like the tofu that was 2 months past expiry.

I often wonder why the online experience is subpar. Does Woolworths think the online shoppers are too lazy to come and shop, so they are going to be too lazy to make a fuss or complain about not getting the full selection or the quality products as an I store buyer.

To recap, I love shopping at our local Woolworths, it is new, it has everything we need. But the online experience leaves me still having to go down to the store to pick up and go in store to collect the things that were listed as unavailable.

If the consumer could get the desired purpose of having the delivery deliver all said products, it would be a great outcome.

port macquarie

• 3 helpful votes

Don't buy Solanto tomatoes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

We buy these for salads. Normally they are sweet and tasty. At the moment the Solanto brand is awful. In every pack it is rare to find a suitably ripe tomato, most are well past their use by date and there is almost always one rotten one in the pack. The Perinos from Coles seem to be a better quality although a couple of weeks ago they were selling stuff much like these Solantos. I used to only buy Solantos but they really went off like I have described about the middle of November.
I tried them again last week and again today - waste of money. The quality control exhibited by Woolworths is rubbish. They put out a lot of poor quality fresh fruit and vegetable - I suspect because they are holding product too long in their distribution system.

• 2 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Store type: Online store

December promotion dishonest and unethical, and their customer support is a disgrace.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

In early December I received at least 3 emails from Woolworths online offering a $30 voucher if I spent $160 through online shopping. Although it wasn't expressly stated I took it that the $30 voucher would apply to online orders.

I spent more than the required $160 and duly received an email advising me of a code to use at checkout to receive the $30 saving. But then Woolworths have added another condition – I have to spend a further $60 before I can claim this $30. Nowhere in their email was this disclosed – in fact the exact wording is 'Minimum spend of $160 or more at www.woolworths.com.au using Pick up or Delivery before 9th December 2018'. Now, after I have met the spend requirement and they have my money, they have increased the minimum to $220 before I can claim the $30.

How dishonest and unethical is that?

I took up the matter with them 5 times across 2 different platforms, and the first 4 responses were totally unhelpful. In fact it would appear their customer service staff either do not read emails or cannot understand English. The 3rd response I received apologised that I hadn't received the voucher code and gave it to me again. This was despite me stating, very clearly, that I had received the voucher. Either she could not be bothered reading my email or could not understand English. I subsequently received an email from the 'Head of Customer Hub' asking me give feedback on the interaction. I was straight to point, detailed all the shortcomings and made it clear the matter was not resolved. Never heard another thing from this 'Head' – obviously doesn't care which goes a long way to explaining the attitude of her staff.

The 4th response I received I have labelled incomprehensible garbage. It looks like the responder has just copied some random paragraphs from templates for standard complaint responses.

Finally on the 5th response I received acknowledgement that 'the initial email about the promotion does not state that the minimum spend required for the voucher' (sic) and tries to justify it by stating that this was because the voucher hadn't been allocated to me. No idea on why this matters, much less why it is even considered valid. Woolworths must have known that this extra $60 spend was required, but kept it concealed until I was committed. I responded to this email and, days later, am still waiting for a reply.

I have used Woolworths online quite a bit and, to date, without issue. However it only takes a bad experience to destroy the previous goodwill. They may be the fresh food people, but they have some pretty rotten apples in their promotions and customer service areas.

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 11 helpful votes

Worst store in WA

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Yanchep WA store is the worst online supplier I have ever dealt with. They supply the wrong items, products are close to use by date, bread is supplied with heavy items on top, fruit is bruised. The list just goes on.
I have complained to the store online manager Jackie who has such a bad customer service response. Ive complained by phone to the customer service people who are so polite and credit me for bad products but im not wanting refunds week after week. Im wanting to receive quality products in good condition and have a use by date of at least 4 days.
Is that too much to ask ??
The order paperwork says delivery has been checked by online management but seriously .... how can they say that when its stuffed up ??
The store must have shocking staff throughout.

Loganholme

• 6 helpful votes

Store type: Online store

Woolworths the fresh out of stock

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Where do I start, firstly the Meadowbank store is nothing but a mess just about every order has missing items, Woolworths needs to address this problem ASAP or you will lose more online shoppers to Coles. I know of 7 families that have vowed to never shop at or place an online order with Woolworths and that's only in my surrounding streets. My latest order was only half fulfilled absolute disgraceful what's more they supplied me with rotten fruit, it is not good enough just to reimburse shoppers money back because they now have to go and buy the items that you failed miserably to have in stock or on special that you do not want to deliver, and don't give that nonsense about from time to time you run out of stock because it happens all the time.
Woolworths the fresh food poachers.
Ron

Roast chicken

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

DIsappointed with roast chickens today. Opening time is 7am but the roast chickens were not available until 9.55am. When i got home i found the chicken so overcooked - all meat on the legs hard and the stuffing was like rubber. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

• 12 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Overseas Coconuts always rotten

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

I am so sick of buying Woolies Coconuts that are imported and we have to keep taking them back. Why the hell dont they buy them locally then at least they would be edible. The last 3 I purchased went straight in the bin. Very annoying.

1 of 103 pages