Disappointed Again

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

I used to be a loyal customer until approx 3 years ago. In the past 3 years I have seen many items removed from woolies shelves and on this visit once again product has been removed. I went to purchase Chicken maryland and chicken thigh fillets with bone n skin both removed from sale. I spend approximately $400 a fortnight and now shop elsewhere because of this.

Convenient online shopping and home delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

We have been using Woolies online for a couple of years now, and have found them to be mostly on time within the estimated window of time.
The delivery staff have been decent, and are always courteous.
We have had the only a few instances where items have been unavailable, but are notified of those.
I have always been refunded if there were produce not up to scratch, I think this has happened only a couple of times. (I still prefer to pick some fruit/veg myself).

They save us time and we've found them to be great.

Worst customer online service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Have had my order cancelled by the online team 3 times with no notification after driving 200km to collect. was told it would not happen again, once again want to collect my order and it is cancelled. Terrible.

driver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2018

9.00 o clock on time driver good bloke always happy clean i live in doreen sunday delvery driver 5 stars should be 10 stars

DANDENONG

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 21 helpful votes

Chasing Refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

They couldn't drop my online order in front of my property as the order contained cigarettes. I was told I will receive a refund immediately which never happened until I got in contact with them 3 weeks after incident.

Ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

It is great price sometimes but then sometimes I find it lack of choices and variety when I compare with other shoping grocery stores like Coles and Aldi.

Get rid of the packaging

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Get rid of the plastic packaging around fruit and vegetables.

Consumers do not need it. It is ridiculous. Woolworths have a responsibility to reduce waste. Do it now before it is too late.

False advertising Chicken Kiev + No Duracel batteries

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Normally find Woolies stuff reasonable. Annoyed some time ago when they stopped stocking Duracell batteries and a member of staff in a moment of frankness explained they couldn't make enough profit on them.

But my main complaint is that the Woolies brand Chicken Kiev, in packaging showing delicious garlic stiffing oozing out, had a minute smear of garlic at on end and was virtually tasteless. False advertising.

Sydney

Verified Customer

Woolworths Email Offers and App prices do not appear to translate to Instore

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

I am not going to waste words on Aldi & Coles which are my closest shops because complaints are just not looked at plus I choose to shop Woolies as I often get the whole ‘basket of goods shop there. I also have accumulated Qantas Frequent Flyer Points but recently have noted emailed and app offers of bonus points and specials have not been allocated for or during shops. Following is my latest gripes complaint after 2 years of complaining and 1 mediocre reply : -
“Rewards email double points expiring today received on Thursday so I created a cart then a list of groceries before proceeding to shop at Alexandria NSW Store after following all instructions. However when I went to use the wallet on Iphone for the almost $300 shop it took forever and kept timing out so unsure if double points did register. Please advise.

In addition when same purchases were in online cart for pickup $163 ... as compared to my actual in store purchases with a number of purchases - item unavailable, total came to $295+ .

Thirdly cauliflower discount $1.80 whilst on the store shelf it was $3. Got discount after raising with manager.

Fourthly, aisle itemised list incorrect ...eg. some items in aisle 4 were listed in aisle 7.

Fifth, listed items such as fresh produce were at front of store and had “aisle unavailable “ whilst meat and chilled products not in correct order of aisle or store layout.

Apart from the lovely staff, the instore experience was a nightmare and I had to keep going back to get items from previously visited aisles because they were listed in the wrong aisle on the app ‘shop instore’ option. As a result I spent over 2 hours instore and on a busy Friday - not good enough! I had driven past my 2 local Woolies, as they do not have parking or a local pickup zone, to get to this store. The staff were very helpful and apologetic as time and again I had to seek help with where products actually were or incorrect non-matching app price then the fiasco at checkout where there was a queue behind me.

The least Woolies can do is get its act together and ensure app information : prices, store layout, correct aisle for products and offers including ‘special mail out offers’ ... are available to the customer at the shopfront or when ordering online. To be hit with a bill of more than $100 when shopping in store as opposed to the app cart price shows I hope a lack of quality control rather than misleading trade practices. I will publish this review on a number of Public review websites to ensure that Woolies does act to rectify, recompense, and not bury this complaint as it has been at least 2 years since I first complained of app and instore discrepancies especially with items advertised as “on special” or “your specials” .
I hope to hear from management and some proactive rather than tickbox (I have rung the customer) approach!
** Today, I have undertaken the same approach but added some of the instore clearance items to cart (at full price) and the cart price rose by $70-80 but still almost $50 cheaper with full prices and including items which were not available in store . ”

*** NB - the same gripes on a far worse scale applied to my experiences at Coles and Aldi and fell on deaf ears or staff very unreceptive so I voted with my feet to use hard-earned money elsewhere - so I only shop at these as a last resort.

Bass Hill

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

DEAD MOTH IN MY BAG OF SALAD

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Found a dead Moth in my Baby Leaf Spinach and Rocket Salad I bought at Woolworth's and it was gross... can't believe it

Mince stringy and dry

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Beef mince is stringy and when cooked up stays stringy and very dry doesn’t matter whether cooked for short time or long time. Even stewing for hour and a half doesn’t make it any better. Poor quality. And the colour is pale when cooked also.

Gosford

• 4 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Lack of security

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

For the second time I have been attacked at this store by another customer when I have been having difficulties with the self-serve checkout. Normally there is a security officer there, but never when they are needed. Absolutely no co-operation or help from any of the staff or management and now I'm having a serious panic attack. Why did nobody call the police? Well this will be on a store camera and I intend to take this further. No customer should have to suffer this humiliation. Especially when they are a regular customer. I don't have a car and I rely on this store as it's the closest to where I live.

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Ripped Off by Pre-packaged Meat

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Bought two packs of stir fry pork normal price of $9.00 for 500g. Got them cheaper because use by date was close. For dietary reason I must weight out my protein intake. Felt ripped off when one pack was short weighed by 21g and the other by 30g. One instance, I could convince myself as an accident but two out of two impress me as an "on purpose". Under normal pricing that's about 92c/kg bonus for Wollies. Not bad considering the number of meat sales they must make. Sent a complaint to Woolworths but doubt I will hear back from them.

Update: Review was sent to Woolworths by Product Review for comment/resolution some 3 weeks ago - seems to me they clearly consider shorting their customers a good business practice AND NOT AT ALL DISHONEST as they have not lowered themselves by responding.

Perth

• 6 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

General feedback

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

Hello

The issue of a low star rating is not about the food or products. Lets face it , everyone goes to one the major 3 retail food outlets now.
This is a low score since the introduction of self checkouts. This probably applies to everyone who uses this type of technology but since I mainly shop in WW. it applies here.

These might make you all more coin with lesser staff but I do no shop for the same quantitys I used to. Its all too hard trying to be herded into this small checkout areas that cant fit enough on it,, slow you down with a tiny scale tray area , have AI that goes off and delays you needing staff members to reset them.... and deal with the baskets and people in your face trying to get room. So now because of this, I have reduced my shopping to specific low loads , and shop for other items elsewhere.

IGA for some general items and yourselves for some major items.
Now perhaps that model im using still works for you but Iam giving away money to others who inconvienience me less Technically I should be paid for doing your job and since I never had any inductions into using the system nor could i be responsible for using it wrong.

I decided that my dream job is to be one of those people who who watches others do their job at the self checkouts rather. than open a till lane. I see staff just standing around doing nothing and chatting , queues at the self checkout high and anywhere from one to no open till lanes

The area for self checkouts has increased over time with till lanes dissappearing
If you think your doing me any favours here by having this type of checkout system and believe you have made my life more convienient , you could not be farther from the truth.

I dont know how others shop or what works for them, This model though can only be profitable to a certain extent and is driving me to shop less and look for other options. I feel sorry for the senior citizens who are now collateral in this depletion of service.

In a way i should thank you, you have curbed my shopping habits and likely helped this planet by restricting my rampant consumerism. Im just glad im not shopping for a large family anymore.

sydney

• 3 comments
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

disgusting online service from woolworths

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

I have had to shop online now for around 18 months if not more. The on line shopping experience I have had with Woolworths is disgusting beyond disgusting. 12- 13 times I have had my order wrong. There has been missing items in every one of these orders starting at 1 missing item to 16-20 missing items .
On two other occasion I have not ph them because the items were less than 2$. I have been given free delivery vouchers next day delivery on missing items even free grocery's to make up a 50$ order so they can delivery it any thing under 50$ they want deliver you have wait to reorder it next shop .
I have had my delivery shop changed 3 times I have had manager's ring me customer complaints ring me.
But this weeks order's have gone far beyond the incompetence of Woolworths on line. I had a delivery on the Thursday 1 item missing Saturday deliver 4 items missing and turned up 2 hours after my time line. Great work Woolworths. So your asking why don't I just give up and shop at the stores. I am disabled I can not walk i can not make it out my car by myself let alone walk around the super market. I am not playing on my disability but i think about all the ederly people, mums with kids, people that don't have transport at all and so and so on so I think because it they have done it to me 12-13 times you no darn well they have done it to them.

Comments

Well yes it has happened again missing items in my online shopping this time they were most helpful. Instead of the usual apology this time I asked to speak to a manager or some in in charge i got no sorry were two busy. Great service woolworths

Woolworths Discovery Tours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

Yesterday the prep children at my school visited Woolworths at Highpoint. They were shown around the store by Jennifer, a lovely informative lady. The children were shown out the back of the store, around the bakery and through the fruit and veggie area. They were then given a show bag and allowed to choose 3 pieces of fruit to take home. The teachers were very impressed with the visit. It fitted in beautifully with our 'Health and Wellbeing' unit of work. A couple of the kids came bouncing out to the bus saying "That was the best excursion EVER". Thank you Woolworths and Jennifer for a great service to our school and the community.

Soggy Icecream

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Bought a box of Cornettos icecream that were soggy and horrible. Same as the Drumstick brand last week. It would seem that a whole lot of icecreams have been allowed, intentionally or otherwise, to defrost, and then refrozen. Products thusly shouldn't be sold at full price, without the knowledge that they are damaged. Sub-standard products IMHO.
Cheers.

sydney

• 5 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 2 answers
  • 23 helpful votes

Rewards not there

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Yes, you are right. Happened to me too. Everyday Rewards sent me an email about getting points if I buy a certain product but it had never happened, twice.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Love Woolworths!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Absolutely love Woolworths! Their rewards card is awesome. I always get discounts on my shop and off my petrol. The discounts on general household items is great too.

GREAT SERVICE AT BELMONT WOOLIES

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Went to Belmont Woolies (hadnt been there b4)and was having trouble with finding a few items and was helped by a lovely lady (didnt have name badge on) but went out of her way to show me where each item was (even thought they where at different ends of the shop) and also helped with the auto section ...
I had hurt my leg so she was very respectful in helping me
VERY IMPRESSED WITH SERVICE