Awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

The most awful company I’ve ever come across I have never ever been this disappointed use worldremit at your own risk

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Ivy. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. We're really sorry to hear that you've not had a good experience. Please provide your transaction number or customer number so we can assist you directly. Best wishes, WorldRemit.

Call centre wait times pathetic!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Trying to get through to the call centre is just plain ridiculous. Wait has been 30mins all the time that I have had to ring in. Review this as it’s a pain and just not worth the wait.

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Skyler, We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience with our call times. As we enter Holiday season, the unfortunate truth is that the wait times will tend to get a little longer. We opened a... read more »

GLEBE

Cancell payment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Hi,

Does anyone know how to cancel a payment.I cant see any option on the website to do that.
I just find it awkward that your payment is deducted 1st then only do you go through the approval process

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Jessica, thank you for getting in touch. Our customer service will be happy to assist you with a cancellation - please contact us via email, or if urgent, via call. Unfortunately, we cannot loca... read more »

hi,please provide me with you contact number

WorldRemit Official

Hi Jessica, All of our contact details are available on our website if you go to the Contact Us page. The number you will need to call will depend on the country you are calling from. You can al... read more »

Verified Customer

World Remit is a Fraudulent organisation.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

I have sent money to my mum on the 9/11/2018 and according to World Remit, the transaction failed because the Account number was incorrect.

1.) I called World Remit and explained that this is the same account I have been sending money to in the past and nothing has changed. The first excuse They gave us they no longer send money to the bank. And World Remit tried to refund my money but it didn’t go through because my bank refused transaction and asked me to contact my bank for my money (unbelievable)

2.) World Remit requested for a new bank account to pay the money into. I provided the account as requested yet no money was paid.

3.) I contacted World Remit and I was given another flimsy excuse that I have chosen a wrong account when transferring money to the bank. At this time, there was no mention of the new bank account anymore, so I requested to speak to a manager but a person came on the phone and acted like a supervisor.

4.) I emphasised how disappointing this has been to send money and going through all the stress and requested my money be refunded. I have given them a new account as requested so that the money could refund my money and I was told it will take 2 business working day for the money to be refunded. Now it’s taken 4 business working days and I have not received my money back.

5.) I received email there is a delay and their account department will process my money but I have not received payment and they are requesting to close my case without confirming if I have received my money.

6.) I called World Remit again I was given a fake ARN number to take to my bank for my refund. I went to my bank and my bank checked and confirmed no transaction was made to refund the money and investigated the case. My bank finally confirmed this is a fraudulent transaction and have raised a case with the Bank fraudulent team who have also confirmed this is fraudulent. Bank has confirmed they have flagged World Remit as a fraudulent organisation and all transactions to world Remit would be flagged and withhold.

My bank also confirmed they will raise a case with the Attorney Generals Department in Australia for fraudulent actions and a general notice will be placed on news and to the General Public to avoid transactions with World Remit in Australia.

Finally, Bank fraud department also will be flagging World Remit under the National Banks of Australia as a fraudulent Organisation so that all banks in Australia will withhold any transactions made by unaware Customers.

My next action plan
—————————-
1.) Going forward with evidence of my transaction. World Remit will be reported to National Fraud Authorities, United Kingdom. Australian criminal intelligence. Ombudsman Australia, Tribunal Uk. and other fraud organisation committee World Remit resides in.

2.) More reviews will be spread on the internet and via News Media about World Remit fraudulent transaction to inform the Population en mass about the fraudulent activities of world remit.

This is an awareness to the general public not to send money via WORLD REMIT!!!

My Australian Bank has raised a Fraudulent case with Australian Federal Government and more actions are in progress.

Ola.

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hello Ola. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. We're really sorry to hear that you've not enjoyed your experience. Please provide your transaction number or customer number so we can loo... read more »

I have received my money back just yesterday to the account that World Remit said was rejecting transaction and I have informed my bank to stop all legal proceedings. My bank have however noted thi... read more »

Ola,

We are happy to hear that funds have successfully reached your account after being delayed.

We have sent an email to your further clarifying the situation.

Please accept our apologies, and thank you for using WorldRemit!

Not secure

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

I used this company to send money for funeral. Because of the hurry, I interchanged the last two numbers. I call them, they say the money was already paid. I thought money is only released when the name and telephone number matches with the one registered. I am very disappointed.

November 26th 2018 Update: Poor security

I am totally disappointed with worldremit. How can you pay money to an account that the name doesn’t match with the person I am sending money. I have requested recall but I am told they can’t. Never ever use this stupid company.

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Mimi, If a payment is made to the incorrect details, it is up to the receiving bank to determine what checks they wish to carry out to complete a payment. We understand that mistakes can happ... read more »

I don’t understand this. Like any other services I have used,before the money is released to the receiver, the name and the number the sender has written has to match first. If this is how you guys... read more »

Don’t trust this thing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

It’s a scam, they first get the money, and then “unapproved” your account. Why? Well, they like your money.
Also they said I will get my money back in 3 days, now? 6 days, I have to go through all that dispute lodgement by my bank.
What a terrible experience.

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Adam, Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry you've experienced issues with your account and refund. Please send us a private message with your transaction number so we can locate your detail... read more »

Shame is taken 12+ days and still nothing!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

My Father tried to send me some money to Australia, I had received a text message saying it will shortly be accounted, still nothing my father also received an email, I then tried to speak to customer service and they were telling me in a rude manor we need to speak to the person who sending and threaten by putting the phone down, dose matter who I am a customer and I wanted some assistance. In case of an emergency I wouldn't recommend WorldRemit.

I have sent an email with all my details and bank Details to show whats in my account.

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Mahir, Thank you for your feedback. For security reasons, we are only able to discuss transactions with the senders. For us to assist in checking this transaction, kindly provide the transactio... read more »

Account Disabled after deducting money from my account

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Due to some family emergency I used Worldremit for the first time to send money to India. I registered my account and initiated the transfer as Worldremit promised that the money will be in my Indian account in 1 hour. Immediately after transferring the money, my account was disabled. Now my money is struck and with an emergency situation back home you guys have cheated me. One of the worst money transfer service I have ever come across.

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Thank you for your message Dave. We would like to look into this for you and see if there is anything that we can resolve. If you would like, please let us know what transaction number or account n... read more »

Melbourne

Worst service till date

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

World remit terrible service I have seen in recent times. I have transferred money to Indian account on 1st November, no transaction history, no confirmation email but amount is deducted from my account. What is this ?

When I spoke to customer service each of them are giving different responses. I will definitely not recommend world remit to any of my friends and family members. I want my money back ASAP. Very very terrible service and pathetic customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Pratheen, Thanks for contacting and we apologize for any inconvenience. We are more than happy to help you resolve your funds. Please reply or send us a private message with your transaction n... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Worst Money Sending Company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I Signed Up in order to send just a hundred dollars to Mexico and after I provided all information requested including my bank information, they cancel my transaction and my account for no reason, whit out giving me any explanation why. I do not recommend this company at all.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Graciela, Thanks for your feedback and we apologize for any inconvenience. Accounts are judged by a variety of factors. You can give us a call at any time to see if your account can be re--ope... read more »

I already did that, and you agent knew nothing about my case and had no idea why you refused to open my account. I was just trying to send 100.00 and I gave you ALL information that you requested. ... read more »

WorldRemit Official

Hi Graciela, Our agents are very well-informed, but as a highly regulated financial institution, we do need to keep the specifics of our approval criteria confidential in order to preserve the s... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 question

Hold my money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Hello friends,
Last time I send my money from WorldRemit and they hold my money a long time. Every one five free transaction but WorldRemit charge for transactions as well as they transfer money after long time. They can’t replay. I hold around 20 minutes on line. Also I send mail more then 2 times but they can’t replay me.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Kripal,

We apologize for any inconvenience. We have been a lot busier this week. Please update your review to include your transaction number so we can reach out to your to help resolve any issues.

Warm regards,

Hello dear,
My Deatail send you. So you can easy to reach me and you can solve my problem. Please I need money there can you please solve my problem.

Kripal

WorldRemit Official

Hello Kripal, Unfortunately, we are unable to locate those details in this review. Please kindly respond including any transaction number so we can locate your account and investigate this furthe... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Completely disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

Absolutely shocking, I’m not sure where to even start. Sent money using remit on the 31st, money was deducted from my account, didn’t receive a transaction number, there’s no trace of the transaction at all , called remit more than five times and problem still not resolved. Remit says card payments aren’t working for Australia and they are working on it. The sad thing is remit didn’t even have the decency of letting its customers know that they are experiencing some issues. There’s no follow up, no notifications or anything. I’m completely disappointed in your service and have immediately gone back to WesternUnion

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Lynn, We're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with WorldRemit. We did experience an extremely brief technical glitch at that time for our Australian customers which resulted in pre-a... read more »

I just got off with one of your staff members and they said it hasn’t been resolved so who’s telling the truth

WorldRemit Official

Lynn, We would like to check your account directly to confirm the exact status and provide you with the most accurate information available. Please provide your WorldRemit customer number, transac... read more »

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes

Unprofessional staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I have used this service for years and its been a great service. Transaction 31251753. Very rude and abusive staff member, she kept talking and refused to listen to my enquiry and I ended up hanging up. Called to complain to manager, phone kept ringing and ended up hanging up Thinking of finding another provider. I am a busy person and chose this service for convenience to avoid disruptions to my work schedule but today it caused so much anxiety. I wasted an hour at work because of this staff member. Thinking of finding another provider.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hello William. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. We're really sorry to hear that you've not had a good experience. A supervisor did attempt to call you, but we were unable to get throu... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Scam took my money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

I was trying to send my wife money to Ghana I sent her money and then I received the email that said we working on processing your request and then I received another email that said we sorry your account has been closed, didn't make any sense it asked for all my personal information it took all my card information and it took my money and then I called the 1-800 number I was left on hold for a long time, someone and came back and said they going to refer me to another team that will help me. 3 days later I got another email and it said sorry yeah count don't meet all criteria for approval don't make any sense. This site is 100% of scam. Do not use it whatever money you send this site you would not get that money back I promise you and whoever you sending the money to will not receive it I promise you I had another friend try and use the site thus in a little money just to see if it was just me is 100% scam whoever send it fake site. Please do not lose your money you will lose it if you use it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Joseph,

We're sorry to hear that you've has a negative experience with us. Please provide your customer ID number or transaction number and we will take a look into your case.

Private message

Account disabled without any reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Sent money to a friend only to receive a reply email back that transaction has been cancelled any my account has been disabled without any tangible reason.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hello Frank, We apologize sincerely that your account was disabled. We would be more than happy to look into this situation and have a supervisor reach out to you and provide some additional assis... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Change of policy and lower rates.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Hi had really bad experience with this company using them more then six years. I just find out they don't except payment from third party why don't you tell same time when we filling the details to make payment that we can't proceed your payment because its different name. When I called the customer care after 6days haven't received payment back she just hang up. Updat your system so customers don't have tribal time. It's ok for me now I am not using them again thanks god.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the recent service received. Please note that we do not permit the use of 3rd party funds to pay for a transaction and this has always been the ca... read more »

Dubbo

Using them again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Had great service and support the 1st time will stick with them.And hopefully we'll into the future.. Thank you so much WorldRemit

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Louj,
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you are happy with our service and support. Please let us know if you need help in the future.

• 2 helpful votes

Transactions cancelled and money returned after 5 days

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I have been using worldremit for 5 years and this review is based on the experience on my recent cancelled transactions by worldremit. I did use the same accounts that I have used earlier for transfer but the transactions are cancelled twice because of difference in account names. I did use the same accounts before and money is transferred with no issues,if there is any change in policy , world remit should have informed customers and provide a way to quickly correct or refund the money to customer account. Worldremit can’t hold the money for days, we are in Australia with npp, interbank transfer happens in seconds. I am going to close worldremit account now and find better means for transfer.

Worldremit is lower than rate offered by other banks or financial institutions, I suggest everyone to don’t hold with worldremit and check for better and quick options.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Venu,

We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your transactions. Please provide a case or transaction number and we will look into this for you.

WorldRemit

30362433 is the transaction number. (Worldremit can’t hold the money for days when the transaction is cancelled for any reason, we are in Australia with npp, interbank transfer happens in seconds.)

WorldRemit Official

Hi Venu, Thank you for your reply. Please note that we do not permit the use of 3rd party funds to pay for a transaction. All customers have always been expected to use their own payment method... read more »

Perth

Worst service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Please don't use there service they don't know what they doing.very inexperienced staff with lack of knowledge. I have sent money two days ago and i don't know where my money is i rung them 5 times since and ask for update but they have no idea.once i get my money back i won't use them in future and also recommend everyone not to use them.absolutely disgusting. Case no.07149417

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Jas,

We sent you an email and will have someone call you during sociable hours tomorrow with an update. We apologize for the inconveniences you've had.

Warm regards,

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers

Not sure really!?!???

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Last month I was scammed by people who pretended to be my aunt and guided me through a Facebook page called April Grant and then WorldRemit to transfer all these fees to South Africa to someone named Marriam. This so called aunt said she paid $5000 and got a grant of $200,000.00. I honestly believed it because I truly thought it's my aunty..she would never lie to me. I've paid $1000 then $$2525.00 then $4350.00 to this Marriam person and this pretender was helping me paying for the rest of these transactions. WorldRemit couldn't assist me with my situation when I reported it two weeks ago. I gave all my transactions and codes and the details of this woman whos collected all my money in South Africa but there was no reply until two days later. I really need to know if you people can do something and retrieve my money from these people coz now I am in deep debt I cannot pay.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
WorldRemit Official

Hi Sana,

We're sorry to hear that you were a victim of a scam. Please provide us with your transaction or case number so that we can look into this for you.

WorldRemit

Case No: 06809562. Transactions: 107608981, 107592578, 107576759. I've sent these before and the reply was sorry for the inconvenience. I don't need sorry I want my money back from these scammers a... read more »

Transfer history o Marriam Emily Madibeng: 6/9/18- $1,000nzd she received $10,047.ZAR. 11/9/18- $2,495nzd she received $24,414 ZAR, 14/9/18 - $4,230nzd she received $40,668 ZAR. So you investigate and find this con artist woman and her schemers...

1 of 18 pages