Please be advised that Yatango Mobile is under liquidation as of November 2015.

Yucktango customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2015

Customer service play on words meanings to confuse & try to make you feel ignorant due to their lack for customer empathy. Now my secured direct debit details vanish & my service is barred/restricted, only finding out when unable to make multiple calls. On enquiring my direct debit details miraculously reappear. Yatango do not know what happened to my private confidential direct debit details! Want to play fate with your banking details give yatango a go! Potential for a very good service but can't loose the smug attitude.

Tarneit

• 2 answers
Private message

Great product and packs but horrible customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2015

Switched over from Telstra to Yatango about a month ago. The initial set-up and service was fantastic. However, when I made a change to my plan online for the following month, things just went downhill. I ended up not having any data added for the month so I made an inquiry via email which is the only way you can get any help given they don't have a phone based team. Their email service states that they usually reply within 1-2 hours or guaranteed within 24 hours. Well I have not had any replies for over 24 hours on more than one occasion and have had to be without any data on my phone for the last 6 days. I am not sure if saving money is worth the lack of service any longer and I am seriously considering switching at the end of my current cycle.

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hey Amar, I would like to apologise for the bad customer service you experienced. I would like to know more about this issue of yours. Would it be possible for you to send me your mobile number an... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Expiring Credits

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2015

I made a mistake porting over to Yatango when Savvytel was purchased by them. I was previously on a prepaid "Credits Never Expire" plan which suited me well. Now with Yatango, Credits expire after 90 days - unless you top up. Why? It's not like it costs them anything to hold on to OUR MONEY. In my opinion, confiscating people's money after 90 days like that is akin to stealing. I'm going to use up all my remaining credit and switch to Aldi Mobile. Slightly higher charges, but your credits last 365 days!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hey Jamus, I apologise if you feel that our Pay As You Go (PAYG) plan doesn't suit your need. Although, it would be best to know that so long as you top up within 90 days then any remaining credi... read more »

No dice. Taking unexpired credits is in my opinion, legalised theft. I shouldn't be forced to spend more money every 90 days just to prevent my credit balance from being stolen. Stealing credits is... read more »

Yatango Mobile Official

I understand your frustration, Janus. Although, I believe that we are very upfront right from the bat advising our members that our PAYG credits do have an expiry date. We advertise this on our website and can be seen on our terms and conditions.

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Best deal for light/infrequent user wanting long credit expiry.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2015

My son uses his phone for occasional texting and emergency phone calls only, Yatango were by far the cheapest as you can choose how much to put on for texting/calls/data and it only expires after 3 months rather than monthly. You can also change your plan at any time if you see you're using more of one or the other than you planned in a month, which is cool. Minimum top up is $10. So for a light user, $10 every 3 months, works well for us.
I don't recommend trying to get any sense out of their customer service though.

• 2 helpful votes

So far not so good

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2015

Already 24 hrs just to port number from Savvytel who they have taken over although listed in same office.No clear info on how or where to top up credit and no way to monitor ? Also want 2% each time you top up on card if you can figure out how to do it, does this also apply to debit cards ? No telephone call centre and even a que for email questions. Not happy at all so far, Savvytel was much much better,all you had to do was continue and Improve customer service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hey Vin, Sorry to hear that your experience with us hasn't been the best so far, I hope we can make it up to you moving forward. In regards to topping up credit and monitoring your usage; bo... read more »

After Initial problems I stuck with it,staff did try to resolve issues and I am still using Yatango with no Issues except the credit/debit card charge when topping up and also you can't check your ... read more »

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

A backwards Step

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2015

It appears that Yatango has no way for you to check your usage or current account balance if you are using a normal Windows Phone. There is no App available and even no number you can call for a quick balance like with Savvytell. Rather a backwards step I think.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hi Tom, Thanks for the feedback; unfortunately we do not have a Windows app at the moment, but if you need to check your balance on the go we recommend logging in to your Dashboard via an internet... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

You Tube

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2015

Yatango are charging me for using You Tube and I dont use You Tube. How come??? Also for data usage in a WiFi area. Not happy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hi Barbara, Thanks for bringing this to our attention; sorry that you have had these issues, we want to help. If you could please leave this feedback for us here: http://bit.ly/18nUuQy using you... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Not off to a great start

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2015

I Ported 2 phones over from savvytel Friday contacted yatango sunday and was told it will be another 48 hours after the original 48 hours not far off dumping these 2 sim cards in the bin and canceling the whole thing

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hey Mark, Sorry to hear that porting is taking longer than expected; we understand that this can be a frustrating time but unfortunately porting can take anywhere between 3 hours and 5 days to c... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Go over your plan

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2014

Yatango is good only if you can manage your phone (.or kids phone) and don't go over plan during month. Otherwise excess charges are brutal. Also dashboard doesn't work properly to show data cost so misleading. Avoid!

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

A communication company that cant communicate

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2014

Operates without humans; email chat only, seldom works from the website, chat window freezes. This company attempts to operate without human interface when it does not work there is no back up process. Could not recommend this communication model until it can learn to communicate with its customers

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Used to be good... now their just another Telco :(

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2014

I was lured to Yatango by great data rates. Unfortunately, someone thought it would be a good idea to double to cost of data... why? Because they can now offer 4G... too bad I don't have a 4G device or live in a 4G service area. If I had known their rates were increasing, I wouldn't have bothered switching.

+ I liked the 30 day free trial and the free SIM.

- They changed their rates within about a month of signing up.

Private message

Service drops out & slow internet

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2014

I was quite excited about joining Yatango, but after trying the service I was quite disappointed to see that the signal strength varies greatly from NO signal to nearly full signal without me moving my phone. I'm missing calls because of it. I'm in Camberwell and in an area with Optus coverage. To make matters worse the internet is very slow.

Silly of me to have ported my number.

+ Cheap, you can build you own package

- Very inconsistent network coverage

Brisbane

Not great

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2013

Since the Kogan Mobile debacle, I have tried Amaysim and now Yatango. When the 30day trial period was up (Unlimited calls/6gb internet) they recommended a plan of $50 per month. Not idea since there are cheaper plans around, including unlimited! Data went quickly (I was tethering here and there but nothing major d/l). I now cannot log into their service site - it says that the email address I signed up with is not valid? So I cannot check my usage, cancel auto top up, the website is also horrible. I have bought a Boost sim card and fingers crossed they are the best of the best after all the chump brands I've had to go through.

- Expensive, website, coverage drop outs

MELBOURNE

• 34 comments
  • 4 questions
  • 30 answers
  • 210 helpful votes
Private message

I don't like dodgy managers and staff who hide behind their own corporate stone walls.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2013

Kogan Mobile phones were shut down by Telstra (Ultra Boo Hiss) and they made an offer to switch over to Yatango Mobile - but there are somethings that I don't like about this service - because it's unethical.

One - there is no contact number - I mean everyone else has call centres, even foreign ones, and yet their pricing is not remarkably better for not having one, than those who do have one. I regard this as a severe impediment for actionable issues that need to be acted on immediately, or for when ones phone is lost / stolen etc.

Two - They tell us that the community forums are a place to resolve issues? Like this is selling the pipe dream that we the people who pay their wages, are now supposed to be acting as unpaid outsourced technicians - with a whole heap of ideas and technical capabilities, which on rare occasions, it's actually good, but for the most part, it's a mix of long delays to responses and at times, and very wishful thinking for technically useful information.

Three - this act of all this chummy chummy [censored word removed] - where the customers are supposed to be acting as a defacto technical support - is also a farce. We are not a community, we are a group of people who have decided to exchange our money for the services that you provide. If you do not willingly supply technical support etc., by phone instead of outsourcing it to the customer base - who you are not putting on the payroll either, then as far as I am concerned, you and your [censored word removed] disqualify you from earning an income from me and the rest of the customer base.

Four - If I buy a specified amount of data per month, and I use that data up, then there this is also a bare faced scam, because your not actually able to buy a block of data, which then comes to a halt once it has been used. Your actually buying a two tier payrate data plan - without any restriction between using up what you have purchased, and continuing right on at an excessive rate, with no stop, or brake, between them.

I think this is just shifty accounting. I think the people who are running this company smack of bait and switch tactics and sleazy marketing.

I have asked them for a phone number so that I and everyone else can contact them, and I want it to be displayed on the website - but I have seen so many dodgy fly by night telcos that I will refrain from holding my breath on this one too.

+ It's a phone company - Better plans that Telstra or Optus - who I regard as outright lying thieves.

- Shifty PR "happy community" [censored word removed] and no real contact methods. Only a PO Box and a Email Address

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Yeah - communication is what you offer - I can see it right here. Chat to Us Need to chat to us directly about your account? (i.e. your order status). You can chat to us by sending us an Email ... read more »

No phone service - but customer service by email only - and it's taking up to three days for a reply? "We are currently experiencing a large number of questions so our replies are taking longer tha... read more »

And all the emails I have been sent so far, come from a non reply email address? Thanks.

I had request a refund at Nov. but no money back. What can I do now?

kiki asked on Dec 20, 2015

Answer this

Hi kiki, I'm just a fellow customer plus don't know the circumstances so can't really give you a definitive answer.
However since the company has been sold I don't think you have too much hope of getting a refund.

yes yatango went bust....The very next day the same people went operational with Yomojo .. you have three options write to Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman [TIO} ...... if paid by dredit card ask your bank to rescind payment. or Contact Yomojo and ask ,but they may reneg any responsibilty and only offer a new account startup for free

kiki i was with yatango and paid yatango $20.40 security deposit yet yomojo refunded... call them.. annoy yomojo til you get a positive reply... YOMOJO web is CRAP not functional and usage details are rubbish... actually think it is not legal to display content as they do :)

I would like to know why my Yatango mobile app is not working?

Matilda asked on Dec 08, 2015

Answer this

Yatango was wound up almost two weeks ago [lack of money] the same people have now started Yomojo with the same problem lack of money, they sent me an unsolicited invoice for the month of $36.00
what does that show you?

Yatango was bought by Yomojo. You can use their website to access your account.

where is YATANGO.com website? vanish no reply from them

nancy asked on Dec 08, 2015

Answer this

Sorry unable to find anything on Yatango.com or any other avenues. I hope someone else can help. Regards Torben

I would not engage Yatango as they wanted to charge me $20.,, instead of $18.00, But the next week I was sent a phone bill for $36.00 from the same people now calling themselves YOMOJO. Yatango was wound up postal address level 15, 10 Queens road, Melbourne Victoria 3004
They need money badly that is why they want $20 up front