Please be advised that Yatango Mobile is under liquidation as of November 2015.

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Even though they've been sold

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2015

First off, know that Yatango was bought by Yomojo, which made me sad as I had finally found a prepaid plan I liked, so was worried what would happen.

So far all okay, they set up our accounts on the new website and we got access no problem. We're still getting what we pay for and the months rolled over smoothly.

The new website isn't as nicely done and the old Yatango mobile app doesn't work anymore, you have to check through the website (so far anyway) but it's still the same chose your own plan format which is what's important to me.

You can choose how much of each product you want - say 100 SMS, 200 minutes voice and 1gb data - pay for that and your good to go. Each lives in its own 'box' so if you run out of one it doesn't eat your credit from the others. With our previous plan my daughter would use up her data, then it would take from her call credit (at a much higher price) and suddenly she had no contact with the world. So now we don't have that problem any more.

I'll look for Yomojo to repost this part, I'm hoping the money will work out for them because I really appreciate the service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2015

Great product good service. The international service is excellent to have. Pity reception in Mawson Lakes is not the greatest.

great service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2015

the site is really easy to use, the rates are affordable and can be tailored to what your usage is, which is perfect.

• 16 answers
Private message

An excellent option for a no-contract mobile plan

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2015

Pros: No lock-in contract! Pay month-by-month, with the option to change your plan each month and ahead of time, even receiving recommendations on what's best for you for the least spend. An intuitive and informative website allows you to see where you're at, as does an app, and past bills are available too. Great customer service - fast, helpful and honest.

Sure, there are others out there who offer similar or maybe a bit more but for a bit cheaper - but the reviews suggest that there's hidden fees or inflexible charges or rubbish / non-existent customer service or bad mobile service. I'd rather pay $3 extra per month knowing I'm with a good operator.

No major downers - The packs offered could have a bit more variety, e.g. 1.5Gb of data rather than just 1 or 2Gb, or 300 SMS instead of 200 or 400, but that's it. But Yatango has a community where suggestions and requests can be made AND listened to.

This is why I have recommended Yatango to my friends.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2015

I like the fact that it is so flexible. I can change my plan every month if I need to which is very helpful when I am away with only my phone for contact. Now that I understand how to use the chat, I find it a much better way of getting fast help than waiting on the phone for hours.

Great Value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2015

I have been very happy with my yatango account. It suites my needs and is flexible if my needs change. What more could I want. I am a low volume user and this is the perfect plan. Thank you Yatango.

Verified Customer

Flexible and great value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2015

We recently moved from Savvytel to Yatango and find it very flexible and terrific value for money. We are low volume users and appreciate that we can tailor our account and cost to our usage.

I love Yatango

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2015

I have been with Yatango for a few years now. The latest unlimited packages are great whereas I can make as many calls or texts as I want, with the peace of mind of knowing that it isn't going to cost me any extra each month. Some months I make heaps of calls and texts, others not so many, but who cares when you don't have to worry about any additional costs. Very happy. Thanks Yatango :)

Good for light users

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2015

My wife and I joined Yatango as the charges are good for light users and there is "free" Yatango-to-Yatango calls. We only sign up for Voice and Yatango Voice, and pay for SMS and Data as we go. Very economical.

good value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2015

have had Yatango for my daughter for a few years now and had no real issues with them so can recommend them

Verified Customer

Good and prompt service via Chat...Not so great on Network Performance but that could be Optus's fau

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2015

Good and prompt service via Chat...Not so great on Network Performance but that could be the network provider fault. otherwise suggest everyone to join...

Nice company !!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2015

I love the possibility to "build your own" for a cheap price and the easy way to change it. And the plan recommendation is nice to have an idea of how much I need for the next month. I recommend it!

Fills a gap in the market

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2015

I don't use my phone a whole heap but sometimes if I'm travelling I'll need to use it more. So Yatango is brilliant in that I can change my usage month by month. Their small DIY packages are excellent for people who aren't heavy phone users but they also have some higher range packages too. They have a great app where you can see your usage and update plans etc in real time. The service is definitely not as good as some of the bigger companies but how often do you need it? Seriously worth the savings in my mind.

Flexible plans.Ever.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2015

I've never regretted switching to Yatango from Amaysim, just to better monitor my usage, somehow I thought I would never be able to do that with Amaysim. Thanks Yatango for great customer support.

Perfect for me

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2015

I find the prepaid plan perfect as I tend to use it mostly for texting, with the occasional phone call. With credit expiring after 3 months and auto top up I am not wasting money. Have had no problem with reception so far, and you were very helpful when I changed from savvytel and had a few problems. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend you.

A+++ great seller, fast, affordable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2015

Yatango provides an affordable, flexible and reliable service. Tracking data usage is a little vague but overall the phone app gives you a good live summary of usage and credit available. I recommend Yatango.

Highly recommend

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2015

One of the cheapest pay as you go mobile deals. Good mobile internet reception and very convenient to check your balance and top up using the Yatango app

Good plans

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

It is ideal for me to be able to change my plan monthly as I travel a lot and my situation change constantly.

Mobile phone

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

Response for any problems has been quick, generally the problems have been my lack of understanding, explanations are easy to follow, happy with the service.

1 of 4 pages

I had request a refund at Nov. but no money back. What can I do now?

kiki asked on Dec 20, 2015

Answer this

Hi kiki, I'm just a fellow customer plus don't know the circumstances so can't really give you a definitive answer.
However since the company has been sold I don't think you have too much hope of getting a refund.

yes yatango went bust....The very next day the same people went operational with Yomojo .. you have three options write to Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman [TIO} ...... if paid by dredit card ask your bank to rescind payment. or Contact Yomojo and ask ,but they may reneg any responsibilty and only offer a new account startup for free

kiki i was with yatango and paid yatango $20.40 security deposit yet yomojo refunded... call them.. annoy yomojo til you get a positive reply... YOMOJO web is CRAP not functional and usage details are rubbish... actually think it is not legal to display content as they do :)

I would like to know why my Yatango mobile app is not working?

Matilda asked on Dec 08, 2015

Answer this

Yatango was wound up almost two weeks ago [lack of money] the same people have now started Yomojo with the same problem lack of money, they sent me an unsolicited invoice for the month of $36.00
what does that show you?

Yatango was bought by Yomojo. You can use their website to access your account.

where is YATANGO.com website? vanish no reply from them

nancy asked on Dec 08, 2015

Answer this

Sorry unable to find anything on Yatango.com or any other avenues. I hope someone else can help. Regards Torben

I would not engage Yatango as they wanted to charge me $20.,, instead of $18.00, But the next week I was sent a phone bill for $36.00 from the same people now calling themselves YOMOJO. Yatango was wound up postal address level 15, 10 Queens road, Melbourne Victoria 3004
They need money badly that is why they want $20 up front