Please be advised that Yatango Mobile is under liquidation as of November 2015.

Sydney

• 7 comments
  • 35 helpful votes

I wouldn't recommend Yatango

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2014

I tried their service for a month, and was very dissatisfied. The connection was very slow and would always cut out. The staff was also very unhelpful. Like, when I called set up my mobile broadband service, I remember dealing with a staff member who tried to argue that iPads don't have APN settings, when they in fact do. The service is quite disappointing and I wouldn't recommend it.

- Lack of customer service and slow internet

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Blacktown

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

A flawed system that takes your money and gives you nothing in return; seriously

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2014

I set up an account on Yatango and gave in all my details: name, address, phone number, credit card details, the lot! A week later I was told that my case was closed because I didn't provide enough information. After going back and forth via email trying to sort this out, it seemed that their system doesn't actually send through any email alerts and there is no way of checking any progress concerning your case. In the end, you can only be alerted if someone from the support team sends you a personal email.

Here's where it gets really strange; the support team member told me that my case has been closed and, so, I won't be receiving anything from them. That wasn't so bad considering I wasn't happy with how unprofessional their company handled my matter and blamed me for not receiving any emails from their automated system. So, if they don't send me anything, I don't care because, at that point, I didn't want to have anything to do with Yatango anyway. However, try to explain to me this, my bank account says that Yatango pulled out money from my account.

Yep, you read that right. Yatango pulled out money from my account and a week later, after making sure that they received the money, closed my case, blamed me and said that I won't be getting anything.

Raising this to fair trading. Whatever you do, never go with Yatango. I'm not the only one who has been robbed by this company or treated so unprofessionally and rudely.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
  • 12 helpful votes

Absolute Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2014

I have been with Yatango for about 4 months and have had numerous problems with their billing. Firstly, they attempted to charge me for the first month which was meant to be free, which to their credit, they did sort out. The next issue is that Yatango have not been taking payments from my credit card which they have on file. I was not aware of this, and am now faced with 3 months of bills to pay. I logged on last month to make sure my credit card details were correct, which they were, but still no payments from it. I have tried to make a payment manually today, but this wont be processed, and i have to "contact us to make payment"...

so Yatango, how does one contact you when you don't have a phone number to call on. The best you can do is provide an e-mail or message service on your website, but that doesnt get actioned straight away. Now i cant use my phone because Yatango hasn't been debiting payments....

Sad, i initially thought this was a great new provider, however they have a long way to go, if they are to compete with more "professional" Telco providers.

+ price

- customer service, billing

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Hopeless customer service and highway robbery!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2014

BEWARE !!! I wrote countless emails due to repeated wrong billing... to no avail. Then I was overseas for 3 weeks so changed my plan to" pay as you go"as I was not going to be using the phone..., then when I got back changed it for the following month. However they changed it immediately and charged me. Then I noticed I was being charged for data and I never use my phone for internet!! I went onto chat and was told some phones automatically accumulated data charges from google or some such rubbish!! So I was charged data when using my laptop!! not my phone? How does that work?? Useless bunch!! DO NOT GO WITH YATANGO!!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes

Worst telco ever !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2013

Don't believe the positive reviews, staff of yatango are writing them and attacking anyone who questions them on there plans or service etc. Terrible experience from day 1. Web site has errors all the time so your not sure your request is received, no phone support and online takes days to get a reply if at all. Not really cheap at all and not all that customiseable its just a bunch of plans you need to select what suits you from the 3 or so options. Optus network has no 4G and is pretty poor compared to Telstra. Want a good network try Aldi mobile to get Telstra at a pay as you go rate or $35 unlimited with $10 for international/extras. Even TPG etc is cheaper ! And no I am not a competing Telco just an unhappy customer. I doubt any other Telco is worrying about losing customers to this mob!!!

+ The colour of the site

- Network sucks, no support, no questions answered, can do the basic you expect.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

finally gone had enough

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2015

Well after my last review I hoped that they would have fixed my account, but guess what they stuffed it up again.
Enough is enough I have left yatango for good never to return and my suggestion is that anyone that wants to join DON'T!!
your crazy of you do expect problems and it be on going there accounts dept is hopless I don't even want any refund from my account owing happy to get out.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hi cat, We are really sorry to hear that you are so frustrated, we strive to give our members the best experience possible and it isn't right that you haven't received this experience. If you... read more »

You have got to be kidding, I got customer experience alright but it's awful is the only to dicribe it

Australia

If you haven't signed up, dont bother!.... No concept of Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2014

My number was ported almost a week ago and from that point onwards my user account doesn't work nor can I make any outbound calls or use my cellular data on my phone. Almost a week of sending countless emails asking Yatango to fix my issues, I still haven't received one reply. If you are considering to join Yatango, do your self a favour and don't! Save yourself the frustration and energy when something goes wrong.. believe me something will go wrong! ... IPO... I don't think so... first step is to your Customer Service issue sorted..

December 12th 2014 Update:
So to try and make it look like Yatango is being proactive and really care about their customer service, the marketing dept asked me to contact them and that they would help me out in resolving my issues ASAP- which by now are outstanding for over a week. So I did as I was told and 2 days later even the marketing dept have not responded nor have they even looked at or addressed my issues.. so it seems. If I can't get any help from the Marketing dept what chance do I have of getting my issues resolved from their chat/support channel? I have many times used the chat session but they are as useless as t*ts on bulls. Or if you want to speak (oh that's right, a Telco company can't call you up or receive any calls- so forget about speaking), I mean chat to the line manager, the standard scripted line seems to be "my manger is on a break at the moment".

So people out there be warned and don't make the same mistake like I did and don't sign up.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hey there, So sorry to hear you are having these issues and that we haven't been there to help you out. Let me change that, could you please email [email protected] with your name and number a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

A communication company that cant communicate

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2014

Operates without humans; email chat only, seldom works from the website, chat window freezes. This company attempts to operate without human interface when it does not work there is no back up process. Could not recommend this communication model until it can learn to communicate with its customers

Ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2014

I took a $39 month prepaid for my ipad with 10 gb sim and without knowing they took $99 next month from my bank account rang them and they said it was on the web site ? But I never looked at the web site and it was no mention of $99 for 30 days or renewals when I joined for a 30 day 10 GB sim of my tablet .stay away from Yatango

- ripped me off

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hey Daniel, We are sorry to hear about this, we never like to hear about one of our customers having a bad experience with us. Could you please let us know the number that you called as we don't h... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Can't understand the bad press

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2014

I have been on Yatango for a week. Some of the comments here bewilder me. My SIM was posted out promptly; the porting took place within an hour and all my queries were answered almost immediately. Today I left Yatango and moved back, reluctantly, to Telstra. I live in a rural area inQueensland and Optus, the carrier for Yatango, caused drop outs, slow data, calls breaking up and Skype was almost impossible to use. If I was living in an area serviced properly by Optus, i.e., a suburban area, I would definitely stay with Yatango for value for money.

+ Good service, great value

- Optus network in rural areas

melb

Don't bother! The Wheels Have Come Off the Wagon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2013

Hey Guys, I never write reviews and this has cheezed me off so much I have to vent. I just joined and everything was going smoothly (got the free month plan etc) however I lost my phone and tried to reorder a sim on the site. My account was suspended for an unpaid bill of $00.00 - like to know how that works. SO I cant get a new sim. I have emailed them three times with absolutely no response to a fairly important issue. I'm going to a new provider.
If I could give them nothing I would. No recommendation from me and I will be spreading the word at every opportunity I can.
In case some (insert rude word here) from Yatango is reading this sort out your biz!

+ Everything is ok - if nothing goes wrong

- poor customer response (3 day supposedly to get back to people in a communication industry is too long!) der! service not great either

Pack of Lies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2015

Yatango is a company built on un-kept promises. Yatango promised to deliver their SIM card in 3-5 business days. Waited for over a week and it is still not here. I tried to contact them to follow up (they promised to reply in 24 hours), but after three days, there has still been no response. Can't believe I wasted my time and money on this nonsense. Poor form, poor communication.

Private message

I have never had such a bad experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2014

Dont bother.
I couldnt even get the sim card to activate. Spent more than 2 hours on their live chat. After 30 mins I asked for a refund. Was told to wait a bit longer. 4 times I asked to be refunded. After 2 hours im told ill have to wait until tomorrow as the manager just left. Will be taking this up with the ombudsman.

Useless Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2014

I tried to top up my sim card and received notification that the top up was successful but $0 was added?
I thought it was just a system error, so I tried couple more times and same thing happened.
So I contacted the customer service and it took them couple of days to reply to me when I also realised that they have actually charged my card 3 times for the failed top up.

Over a week after, the top up still has not been completed and their customer service N o e l only replied once a day with 1 liner email (sometime even replied at 3 am in the morning, not sure what are they doing at that time). There is no proper help from the email except it seems like he tried to delay the issue.
All emails were asking about verification, where I was using the correct email, correct details and I can even log in to my account to check my own details.
The last email said that a manager was to be follow up the request and also asking when was the top up??
Can't you read my first email which mentioned that I just tried to top up on the same day??

Another week and 3 more emails without reply and this simple top up issue still have not been resolved.
A refund has also been requested but it has been ignored completely.
Only way to contact is by email, no phone number.

Never again sign up with a sim card provider company which does not have phone number.
They sell sim card but could not get a phone number for themselves.
Quite useless bunch of people.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hi yoshi, I am so sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered, it is certainly not the experience we wish our members to have and this sort of feedback is not taken lightly. We really wa... read more »

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

AT Start thought wow this is good but feel Totally Blinded Now Very Disapointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2014

i got lovely email from support at YATANGO thinking yes Im on a good plan and already on 3 occasions they hve taken $60 more than what they are invoicing you for!!! Trying to get a REFUND for your own money is like PULLING TEETH!! Forget it lm still waiting & ive had enough WASTE OF TIME IVE LODGED A COMPLAINT WITH OMBUDSMAN YAYANGO IS DODGY IF I DIDNT CHECK MY STATEMENT ID NEVER HAVE KNOWN THEY RIPPED ME OFF!! & They doint care as Ive addressed it with them instead they took away my unlimited sms and CLOSED MY CASE KNOWING I WAS OVERCHARGED!!!! HEADS UP STAY CLEAR!!

Sebastopol

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2014

Good start guys.....I signed up Saturday had a slight issue (1 day delay) with port and data was not working but after an email to support it was fixed (in minutes). If this is the service from now on I'm all in.....This is finally a system for people like me who are not big talk or text but needed some data .......well done.

+ Exactly the plan with flexibility I was looking for.

MELBOURNE

• 33 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 27 answers
  • 207 helpful votes
Private message

I don't like dodgy managers and staff who hide behind their own corporate stone walls.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2013

Kogan Mobile phones were shut down by Telstra (Ultra Boo Hiss) and they made an offer to switch over to Yatango Mobile - but there are somethings that I don't like about this service - because it's unethical.

One - there is no contact number - I mean everyone else has call centres, even foreign ones, and yet their pricing is not remarkably better for not having one, than those who do have one. I regard this as a severe impediment for actionable issues that need to be acted on immediately, or for when ones phone is lost / stolen etc.

Two - They tell us that the community forums are a place to resolve issues? Like this is selling the pipe dream that we the people who pay their wages, are now supposed to be acting as unpaid outsourced technicians - with a whole heap of ideas and technical capabilities, which on rare occasions, it's actually good, but for the most part, it's a mix of long delays to responses and at times, and very wishful thinking for technically useful information.

Three - this act of all this chummy chummy [censored word removed] - where the customers are supposed to be acting as a defacto technical support - is also a farce. We are not a community, we are a group of people who have decided to exchange our money for the services that you provide. If you do not willingly supply technical support etc., by phone instead of outsourcing it to the customer base - who you are not putting on the payroll either, then as far as I am concerned, you and your [censored word removed] disqualify you from earning an income from me and the rest of the customer base.

Four - If I buy a specified amount of data per month, and I use that data up, then there this is also a bare faced scam, because your not actually able to buy a block of data, which then comes to a halt once it has been used. Your actually buying a two tier payrate data plan - without any restriction between using up what you have purchased, and continuing right on at an excessive rate, with no stop, or brake, between them.

I think this is just shifty accounting. I think the people who are running this company smack of bait and switch tactics and sleazy marketing.

I have asked them for a phone number so that I and everyone else can contact them, and I want it to be displayed on the website - but I have seen so many dodgy fly by night telcos that I will refrain from holding my breath on this one too.

+ It's a phone company - Better plans that Telstra or Optus - who I regard as outright lying thieves.

- Shifty PR "happy community" [censored word removed] and no real contact methods. Only a PO Box and a Email Address

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Yeah - communication is what you offer - I can see it right here. Chat to Us Need to chat to us directly about your account? (i.e. your order status). You can chat to us by sending us an Email ... read more »

No phone service - but customer service by email only - and it's taking up to three days for a reply? "We are currently experiencing a large number of questions so our replies are taking longer tha... read more »

And all the emails I have been sent so far, come from a non reply email address? Thanks.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

No support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2015

Tried to access the website to recharge my account, but it was down for more than 3 days. tried contacting them through their website support team and facebook however still have not received a reply. now my credit has expired and can't use the phone. very disappointed!

Brisbane

A backwards Step

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2015

It appears that Yatango has no way for you to check your usage or current account balance if you are using a normal Windows Phone. There is no App available and even no number you can call for a quick balance like with Savvytell. Rather a backwards step I think.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hi Tom, Thanks for the feedback; unfortunately we do not have a Windows app at the moment, but if you need to check your balance on the go we recommend logging in to your Dashboard via an internet... read more »

Wish I could do 0 stars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2015

Nothing but trouble, my number was never ported from amaysim properly so basically Yatango were illegally billing me, am in the process of contact with Ombudsman!!!!!!!!!!! Also charging me in the wrong monthly billing period! Nothing but trouble!!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hi Saltay1 The process around porting is that a member's service begins (and they start getting billed) once their number has successfully ported and their service moves to an active status; so ... read more »

1 of 18 pages