Please be advised that Yatango Mobile is under liquidation as of November 2015.

• 16 answers
Private message

An excellent option for a no-contract mobile plan

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2015

Pros: No lock-in contract! Pay month-by-month, with the option to change your plan each month and ahead of time, even receiving recommendations on what's best for you for the least spend. An intuitive and informative website allows you to see where you're at, as does an app, and past bills are available too. Great customer service - fast, helpful and honest.

Sure, there are others out there who offer similar or maybe a bit more but for a bit cheaper - but the reviews suggest that there's hidden fees or inflexible charges or rubbish / non-existent customer service or bad mobile service. I'd rather pay $3 extra per month knowing I'm with a good operator.

No major downers - The packs offered could have a bit more variety, e.g. 1.5Gb of data rather than just 1 or 2Gb, or 300 SMS instead of 200 or 400, but that's it. But Yatango has a community where suggestions and requests can be made AND listened to.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

another month another reason my account isn't working properly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2015

Sigh.
They only thing going for yatango is that they are cheap.
I got a new credit card so I duly entered it. Of course, at Yatango's end, there is some problem with their merchant id, that they haven't fixed. I had to inform them about it, and they still haven't so I'll have no credit until they do.

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hey annoyed111, Greetings from Yatango! We're sorry to hear that it seems you're currently having issues registering your new credit card due to the billing system issue that we're currently havin... read more »

This is why I have recommended Yatango to my friends.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2015

I like the fact that it is so flexible. I can change my plan every month if I need to which is very helpful when I am away with only my phone for contact. Now that I understand how to use the chat, I find it a much better way of getting fast help than waiting on the phone for hours.

Value!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2015

Originally loved that you can alter plans each month according to use and because they keep improving their value, I am now getting unlimited calls and texts for $23.90 per month!

great deals

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2015

I've been with Yatango for about 18 months. I love the flexibility and for what I use - way cheaper than alternatives.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

peace of mind and a friend in need.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2015

I live in an area where mobile phones do not work so I never had one as all the plans were based on a large amount of calls being made. That is until now. With Yatango Mobile coming to Australia I only have to pay for the calls I make. I am in my seventies now and have a one hour drive to town and I am always worried that I may need help.
With my Yatango Mobile account, I feel safe now knowing I can call for help right there and then when I need it.
MY children and grandchildren and I are all grateful that no matter where we are, Yatango will connect us.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sunshine Coast

• 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Great So Far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2015

I'm just an occasional user of mobiles, in fact I'm still working through my intro bonus. They have a plan to suit me and I've had no reception issues here on the Sunshine Coast and the service has been outstanding, so I can thoroughly recommend it for users like me.

Newcastle, New South Wales, NSW

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Confusing system, Ripped OFF!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2015

Extrememely confusing SYSTEM!!

DO YOU KNOW that they Keep your credit card details and can charge you anytime they want???

I topped up $45 of credit. Suddenly they told me that that the credit can't be used to pay the PLAN amount. It can only be used for PAYG. They then charged an extra $11 for the PLAN I'm taking. This is ridiculous. So I told them that I wanted a refund as I won't be using the PAYG up to $45. However, they then said that it is non-refundable.

So there you go guys.. I lost $60 for nothing.... Great job for me trying to save some cost....

I do applaud they're good and fast customer service though. Just the system is very confusing and unfair.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Yatango Mobile Official

Hey OzzySanta, First of all, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. Please be advised that our packs are set to auto-renew every 30 days and that will be taken off o... read more »

Hi Ira, thanks for the reply. I would actually appreciate a refund.The credit still hasn't been used yet. Do tell me how I go about this.

Yatango Mobile Official

Hi OzzySanta, Thanks for your reply. I'll be glad to have a look at your account and help you with your issue. If it's not too much to ask, it would be great if you send me an email directly at s... read more »

perfect for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2015

For very light usage there is probably no better deal out there. $10 for 3 months is very good value and you can change your plan every month according to your requirements.

All I hoped for and more

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2015

Competitive pricing, consistent coverage and no lags on heavy data transfers. Flexibility to tailor my pre-paid versus pay as I go depending on my mobile needs month to month. First mobile system that adapts to my needs not the other way around.

Great Value, Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2015

Great value for money, great service. Plenty of warning when your plan is about to expire. Easy to port your number to (mine was transferred in under 2 hours). Prompt service when chatting to a consultant online.Change your plan at anytime. Highly Recommended.

Very good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2015

Very good value and great customer service, I like the way the best plan is recommended every month, easy to get answers to questions.

Good for light users

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2015

Very flexible and affordable for light users. The bonus calls to other Yatango customers is a well-loved feature for me, and Pay As You Go is also good for when I don't need much data.

• 1 helpful vote

Excellent alternative communications

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2015

I am a low usage user of mobile and mobile internet. I have been with yatango for 2 to 3 years now and cannot find any fault that you can expect with any telcom. You can tailor your needs month to month or take a more than reasonable plan. I live in and near black spots in a rural area and service so far on their network has ben decent. I would recommend yatango in a heartbeat.

Comments

Now taken over by yomojo.com.au

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Excellent Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2015

You can customise your plan and it's absolutely cheap! x) If you're looking for a plan for monthly data plan and calling PAYG. This is a perfect company for you. x)

Great Value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2015

I have been very happy with my yatango account. It suites my needs and is flexible if my needs change. What more could I want. I am a low volume user and this is the perfect plan. Thank you Yatango.

Sydney, Australia

• 8 helpful votes

Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2015

Very transparent pricing, you receive more than other companies for less, customer support has been good, can't complain. I have been with Yatango for 1 month now.

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

They take your money - Credit expires within 2 days does actually mean at start of day 2

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2015

Received an e-mail from Yatango on Friday that my credit will expire within 2 days. Login on Sunday morning, which is still within the two days after the e-mail. Credit gone... Contacted Yatango.. "sorry to hear from me, but I should read the T&C. They can grab my credit for they stated in T&C that they can clear my account out within 2 days. The words customer service and compromise probably are not in their dictionary. Not much credit lost, only $33, but what upsets me most is that the e-mail from Yatango does not account for business days and they do not wait for two days to pass. I am surely not their best profitable customer, for I spend only a few $ per month on my phone and it is only a PAYG. Well I will be gone as their customer. Don't trust their T&C and be aware of the non-specific words, such as the "within". Rather go to service providers who value customers.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Flexible and great value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2015

We recently moved from Savvytel to Yatango and find it very flexible and terrific value for money. We are low volume users and appreciate that we can tailor our account and cost to our usage.

Yucktango customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2015

Customer service play on words meanings to confuse & try to make you feel ignorant due to their lack for customer empathy. Now my secured direct debit details vanish & my service is barred/restricted, only finding out when unable to make multiple calls. On enquiring my direct debit details miraculously reappear. Yatango do not know what happened to my private confidential direct debit details! Want to play fate with your banking details give yatango a go! Potential for a very good service but can't loose the smug attitude.

2 of 18 pages

I had request a refund at Nov. but no money back. What can I do now?

kiki asked on Dec 20, 2015

Answer this

Hi kiki, I'm just a fellow customer plus don't know the circumstances so can't really give you a definitive answer.
However since the company has been sold I don't think you have too much hope of getting a refund.

yes yatango went bust....The very next day the same people went operational with Yomojo .. you have three options write to Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman [TIO} ...... if paid by dredit card ask your bank to rescind payment. or Contact Yomojo and ask ,but they may reneg any responsibilty and only offer a new account startup for free

kiki i was with yatango and paid yatango $20.40 security deposit yet yomojo refunded... call them.. annoy yomojo til you get a positive reply... YOMOJO web is CRAP not functional and usage details are rubbish... actually think it is not legal to display content as they do :)

I would like to know why my Yatango mobile app is not working?

Matilda asked on Dec 08, 2015

Answer this

Yatango was wound up almost two weeks ago [lack of money] the same people have now started Yomojo with the same problem lack of money, they sent me an unsolicited invoice for the month of $36.00
what does that show you?

Yatango was bought by Yomojo. You can use their website to access your account.

where is YATANGO.com website? vanish no reply from them

nancy asked on Dec 08, 2015

Answer this

Sorry unable to find anything on Yatango.com or any other avenues. I hope someone else can help. Regards Torben

I would not engage Yatango as they wanted to charge me $20.,, instead of $18.00, But the next week I was sent a phone bill for $36.00 from the same people now calling themselves YOMOJO. Yatango was wound up postal address level 15, 10 Queens road, Melbourne Victoria 3004
They need money badly that is why they want $20 up front