Filter By:

Called youi to change over to them from budget direct. Got great phone service from within Australi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

I am greatly satisfied with the providers customer service.
And I will have the same person to call if and when I need too. This itself was a seller for me, as i will not have to go through a series of different people when i need to call my insurance provider.
Setting up my car insurance was easy as and I am now considering changing other insurances to youi as well.
My car insurance was a little dearer per month, but the benefits of my new insurance is alot better than budget direct. So glad I called youi today

• 1 comment
  • 9 helpful votes

Premium increases too much

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I have car, home and building insurances. Renewal premiums increase too much! Better switch to other is much more cheaper..

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Renewal rises are never welcomed, & many things such as increases to parts/materials cost, labour costs, area risk, claims history & even things like build code changes all get taken into account. ... read more »

Hervey Bay

Private message

Forced to give phone number

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

I too was caught out by having to give my phone number when I wanted a quote, you can't submit your enquiry without giving your number. I answered the first phone call thinking I could get the quote and then they might leave me alone, but they don't, I just wanted to get a quote to see how competitive they are. Wish I hadn't.. Reading through the reviews it looks very suspicious that the 5 star ratings seem like an advertisement rather than a review. There are so many 1 star ratings that are clearly from real people.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I'm sorry this wasn't for you Rosie! It's true we like to run through quotes over the phone to ensure we understand one another & tailor the quote to your needs & so we have a back-up recording if ... read more »

• 1 comment
Private message

Quick to take your money and slow to give it back

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

I am very disappointed that YOUI chose to only refund 50% of my policy as I made a mistake and did not REMEMBER to cancel my DIRECT DEBIT, I didn't even realise I had a policy with YOUI. This human error has cost me dearly and has caused hardship and family issues. At the end of the day, I have paid the full policy to your company and you have STOLEN my money. Also, I had to ring on three separate occasions to find out when I would be receiving the refund. I am very unhappy and this has caused me a lot of distress.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We really don’t want you feeling this way & I understand why this must be financially hard for you Vicki. I’ve also responded to you on the Youi Wall so will reply here too with an offer of help & ... read more »

Youi Official

When we promised to refund you back in July, we should have given you the full story & completed the task Vicki. I’m sorry we let you down by not being up front, & for taking too long to process th... read more »

Thank you so much Jeremy. I really appreciate your effort in resolving this matter. I will consider returning to Youi in the future.
Regards
Vicki

Won’t leave me alone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Went on the website for a quote but the link just leads you to getting a call from a rep. Didn’t answer the call as I wasn’t expecting to be called that soon and after rejecting the call I got called again and then texted. Few hours later got called again and I rejected. Then decided to call for a quote. Got a quote which was double the amount it would’ve cost me to get insured by other companies and the excess was ridiculous as well. Politely told them I would think about it and had to block their number because they were calling too much now I just get emailed everyday. Customer service is good but a bit over the top. Prices are not as competitive as other companies especially for under 21 drivers with provisional license.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Melanie, when you start a quote at Youi we finish of the quote with you & give you a call. In a crowded insurance market our point of difference is to speak over the phone & tailor a quote to yo... read more »

Sydney

Private message

What! These guys are a fake insurance company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

These guys only want your personal details to sell to third parties. Their online-quote website doesn't give you a quote, it just asks you for your details. When they call you back they spend almost an hour getting all your personal details. After that call I was getting heaps of calls from telemarketers the next few days.
And their reviews are fake. Almost every day they create at least five 5-star-rating reviews of themselves to bring their rating up. If you have a look at the review period Apr 9 2017 - Jun 06 2017, they forgot to do this and there were only about 20 reviews, which looked more genuine.
So if they call you and they don't give you a figure for the quote within 5 minutes, just hang up on them.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We’re as real as it gets for an insurance company Dean. Your personal information is of the highest priority & we never sell or offer it to anybody or any entity. I’m sorry if you were getting call... read more »

Brisbane

• 5 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Great Company for car insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

We've had 3 insurance claims in 5 years, none of them my fault. Claims submitted on the phone, a case manager appointed. I would receive updates and follow up calls and emails making sure everything was ok and all in progress. Youi would pay for a cab fare to collect hire car. Always a pleasure speaking to them and they have a great team on the sunshine coast who take my calls NOT an office in India. Excellent service.

Wagga Wagga

Private message

Commercials are straight out lies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Straight from the Youi website:

"We ask more questions and make less assumptions because the better we get to know you, the more we could help you save.

Drive a short distance? Light colored car? Work from home? No shed on your property? These are just a few of the reasons why you could save lots with us. Because at Youi, you get a premium that’s as unique as you are."

In my case we changed our Youi policy to driving less and changed the main policy holder to my wife (who, like me, has never been involved in an incident or lost any demerit points whatsoever) and our costs went up. After a lot of back and forth with the actuarial department over a week and a half, the employees at Youi informed me that there was nothing they could do about the price and they could not give me a clear answer as to why our premium increased with those changes. Even though we were driving the vehicle less and it would be parked safely at home the majority of the time.

Review: 5/5 for the employees at Youi who agreed that it was a good idea to go with a different insurance agency. 0/5 for Youi as a whole. Would not dine here again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hey Tim, thanks a million for speaking with me earlier. I’ve replied to your facebook post in more detail & just wanted to say thanks again for raising this. Your experience wasn’t what we’d want f... read more »

Private message

I have changed back to my previous insurance company

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Even though it seemed a good idea to get insurance through Youi at the time I have since found out that things I have to pay extra for are available as standard on my previous insurer for my previous car . I have also found it cheaper in the premiums than Youi. I have saved about $25 a fortnight by changing back. Sorry Youi but you are NOT the competitive company you say you are in the ads.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

The right move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

This new policy setup was an easy and pleasant experience with friendly service, a good value policy and a simple process. I saved almost $200.

great customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

I used the call back service on the Youi app, as it was outside the 9-5 times. Jessie called at 0900 and as I already have Youi comprehensive insurance the task of insuring a second vehicle was not painless. Jessie not only was polite but also very professional and is a true asset to your establishment. Thankyou for making my decision today very concise and factual.

MCLAREN VALE, SA

• 6 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 50 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Watch out when it comes time to renew...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

All went well, changed to Youi quickly easily at a good price. Uneventful 12 month insurance period Got my annual renewal 12 months later and had to ring and query it - almost $500 increase on the previous year. No claims, no change to the car or my driving history. Nothing. Clearly a 'gotcha' and a minor $100 odd dollar decrease in premium offered only after I protested. Well no, I'm not that stupid. I cancelled and left and will never go near you again and I've warned everyone I know.. Absolute rogues. Went to the RAA and saved myself over $500.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

it was good to speak with someone i could understand as i am getting old and hard of hearing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

service was very good and i dont need to write twenty words what a dopey thing to put on your feedback

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Your policy was good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Young people with the right attitude listen to what you say a very pleasant talk.

Jade was great, explained all about policy and gave me choices as we went along, the policy was set up very quickly, which I needed as the car is being transported tomorrow, she was easy to talk to, whole…

Fabulous customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Love the fact that you get to speak with someone in Australia and they are ALWAYS so very helpful. Wouldn’t go anywhere else! Keep up the great work YOUI!

One phone call saved me nearly $500 a year

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Very quick easy process- a little repetitive in some parts but overall simple. Hopefully just as simple if I ever have to claim

Could NOT believe the price difference for exactly the same cover!

Excellent value.
Customer support was extremely polite +friendly. Soooo easy to set up! Won't be changing ever again now.

Quick Ins setup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Jade was great,explained all about policy and gave me choices as we went along, policy was set up very quickly, which I needed as car is being transported tomorrow , she was easy to talk to , whole experience was pleasant
Regards
Steve Paine

Made My Day :-)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Great quote system, fast phone answering (4 rings) Policy setup process, easy and good value too. All questions answered with explanations.
Exceptional customer service, thanks Olga :-)

Perfect for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Yes I've switched from my previous insurance company to youi insurance. The customer service was excellent helping me with the process of the policy set up.
Thank you for contacting me. I very pleased with my decision to change my insurance company.
Regards Fulvio Pilar

1 of 281 pages

Is my Mazda 2 insured still Beth dagan 1/54 McAlister street Rockhampton Queensland?

Beth asked on Aug 02, 2018

Answer this

Thanks for the chat Beth! Your insurance is all up to date & I’ve resent those documents for you. – Ella

A good insurer would have first advised you that placing your name, address and car details on a review/blog website is not wise and responded to you privately. They would then suggest you ask Product Review to remove your question so that you reduce the risk of identity theft. Cheers

Does Youi cover for non-accidental repairs like the ones that come up during a scheduled maintenance?

Sudeep asked on Jul 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Sudeep. Your normal mechanical repairs are not covered by the policy. The general exclusion from the PDS reads: We will not pay for loss, damage or legal liability caused directly or indirectly by: mechanical, electrical or electronic (including computer software) breakdown or failure; Thanks for asking a great question -Jeremy

Hi Jeremy. As I read your reply to Sudeep, if my car computer software (ECU I think) malfunctioned an prevented my brakes working (EBC I think) and there was damage or legal liability as a consequence, the exclusion in your PDS would be triggered thereby making me totally liable for any loss. There are instances online and in forums where computer malfunctions have occurred causing damage because of brakes not working as they should and motors stalling in high speed traffic lanes. I will now have a close look at the cover offered by the insurer I renew with but in light of what you have raised, I may take 3rd party cover only. Once a Comprehensive Policy covered all damage and liability, that must now be a thing of the past.

What if I want to take my vehicle and camper trailer on a nongazetted road with your roadside assist that comes with my insurance?

unhappy asked on Jul 19, 2018

Answer this

Unhappy - From my experience with Youi and their PDS, Youi's insurance will not cover you on non-gazetted roads, privately owned roads and if your vehicle is not designed by the manufacturer to be used as a 4WD or in 4WD parks etc. As for Youi's roadside service, it's absolutely hopeless in city areas least of all, out in the scrub where they only access limited areas with 2WD vehicles. I suggest you try Club 4x4 Insurance. Cheers

We do have a couple of exclusions that may apply in this instance. Such as if the breakdown occurs outside a service area, or where we are not able to access the car due to it being in a restricted area, including but not limited to airports, security controlled zones and community events, we would not be able to assist. We will recover the car if it is bogged provided that there is reasonable and safe access for a conventional two-wheel drive recovery vehicle and no other specialist equipment is needed. Hope this helps, if you need anymore info let me know :) Cheers Josh

See all 123 questions about Youi Car Insurance