Filter By:

Awesome service.james fife helped me all through the process.saved a lot of $ switching to youi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

Lovely experience.people know wat they are doing.saved a lot of $ switching to youi.would recommend youi to anyone who wants a better deal

Ballarat

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO INSURE OTHER THINGS WITH US!!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

With other vehicles insured by youi, I called to insure a car in my name following the recent death of my father. The guy on the other end looked at my File and asked if I wanted to insure a trailer. I responded that I was only looking to insure this car and the reasons why but he then went on to interrogate me about my house/contents insurance. I understand "Do you want fries with that?" but I did make it pretty clear that I had a single purpose and wanted to focus on that. I subsequently realised that I should have asked to speak to someone else, but did not at the time, because I just wanted to complete the transaction and move on. Pushy sales staff are a turn-off.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

AWESOME

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Tavie was very helpful and explained everything.
Excellent quote and saved loads of money.
Well done,will be using you again.

Private message

Playing around with their quote

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I received a quote for $645 but had to cancel it a week as the delivery of my car was delayed. One week later on the phone, the quote came in at $1000, after I told them how dissatisfied I was, it came down to $850 and there was nothing else they could do citing all sorts of nonsense that the quote was different from last week (by that muck in less than a week!!), I told them I would go online and do the quote again and it came in less, someone called me up and more talk and dissatisfaction the price eventually came down to $627. What a joke, and they wanted to charge me $1000, all in a space of an hour. Price gouging at it's worst!!

Not good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Lots of question and at the end pop up the page to let me know they will give me a call but what I'm gone to do block them and no more to waste my time.

Expensive and complicated

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

My experience with Youi was much the same as all the other negative reviews.
I rang to see if I could get a quote for home / contents insurance, a quote that would be cheaper than the insurer I currently use. Actually it's an insurer I've used for 20 years or more. I felt a sense of loyalty to stick with them, but with the Youi adverts on TV, I thought that I might really save some hard earned dollars. It felt promising.

So I started my online enquiry, expecting like other reviewers have said here, to get a pop-up box on my screen displaying a quote. Instead, withing 60 seconds I get a phone call, which I did not expect, from Youi. He was a friendly bloke - although I found him a bit schmoozy and over friendly. Said he was working from home in Brisbane. So we begin....everything I answered online, I had to re-answer. The quiz and questions became very complex. I was unable to answer many of them about the structure/materials/dimensions/etc etc of my home because I did not know exactly. I said, Mate, I live IN my home - I didn't build it! I'm a female with no building construction knowledge, it's a trade I didn't fancy taking on.
Anyway, we muddled through and to my shock, the end quote was $400.00 more than I was already paying AND would be more if I wanted to add this or that option. Also the add-on options were very confusing.

Overall, it was a very lengthy, complicated process to get a quote. Too many details, too many questions. Actually, I felt like I was being interrogated for murder.

We spent almost an hour on the phone, just listening to all the insurance drivel made me tired and I lost complete interest. Thanks but no thanks. I realise insurance is a complicated business, calculating everything and all the risk assessments - but your premiums are not competitive and the process not user-friendly. I felt I'd be conned a bit, putting all my personal details online then getting an unexpected phone call too. If I wanted a phone quote I would have rung in the first place. In the end I hung up on the guy, who started to get a bit pushy for a sale.

Hence, I decided to stay with my insurer who is not pushy and is very competitive, and doesn't ask me a million in depth unanswerable questions.

Also I am wondering if many of your 5 STAR ratings on here are Youi employees, who are trying to keep the Youi review rating above 4 stars. The reviews are all very similar and a bit pumped up. A bit over the top about service, and savings.
Sorry - I found Youi misleading, complicated and would not recommend.

awesome service thanks youi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

signing up was easy thanks to a lovely lady named karen, who did an amazing job explaining everything to me.

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I spoke to 2 friendly and very helpful staff and I highly reccomend Youi for all your insurance needs.

Perfect service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Youi is a Great competitive company that is Client orientated with Excellent customer service. I Felt very welcome and at ease

Deceptive practices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I went online to get a quote for car insurance following the prompts and before I knew it they were calling me in order to finalize my quote - not what I asked for! They kept ringing until I texted them to stop . They then email a quote through offering a low price which when you try to accept it magically increases by $100 though no assumptions or conditions have changed from my first submission . Truly deceptive , and trying to email for a response ? Forget it !!!

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Good service could be cheaper

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

New to youi with car insurance
Great phone service, although i didnt save money i took the two policies out

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Way overpriced comprehensive car insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Youi's advertising how much they saved their customers turned out to be totally false in my case!
My late model Mercedes would cost $595.00 MORE with Youi than with AAMI! and I have an exemplary driving record, don't use a hands-on mobile phone and have a maximum no-claims bonus.
When I asked the representative WHY, he said the only reason he could think of was that I live in the Manly NSW district which has high traffic volumes. In other words, he didnt know why.
It pays to check thoroughly the advertised claims made by Car Insurers!

Changed my car insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Was pleasantly surprised by the saving I've got by changing and what was included as normal in my policy conpared to the company I had been loyal too for 28 years with worth doing your sums people I should of done mine sooner.

MEL

Over priced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Guys please do your homework, they over charge things and ask so many questions as if they will make the quotation very low for you... But woh its over the hedge. Got same thing much more less in quotation from others.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

a pleasure to deal with as well as being competive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

it was a pleasure to deal with the staff member I encountered and the patience she showed in explaining things to me.

Torquay

Bizarre

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Decided to purchase insurance but wanted to get a few website quotes. Youi was my last port of call.

Filled out all the information, gave my email and phone number. Was expecting a quick quote in a pop up window. Instead I was told I'd be contacted via phone shortly. The Lady on the phone couldn't give me a quote until I did a 10 minute questionnaire with her (yes 20 minutes after I'd already filled in all the necessary information on line). I refused and ended the call.

Got an email about 90 minutes later with my quote, which was comparatively expensive. More than double what I got from budget direct. My premium was $900 with Youi but $600 with budget direct.

Definitely wouldn't recommend signing up with Youi.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Extremely satisfying

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

1st time using Youi, saved $100 on previous policy, service by Michele was simple & easy to follow.
I will consider contents insurance in the future.

Verified Customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Just switched to Youi car insurance and saved $200 on my previous insurer. Service over the phone was super friendly and professional. The thing I love the most though is when I phone Youi I have never had to listen to really bad on hold music! Straight through to a real person. Just like the old days! Now I’m thinking of changing all my other insurance policies across to Youi.

Canberra

Verified Customer

Landrover third party insurance same as comprehensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Changed to youi after a bad experience with another company. Friendly call centre, never had to claim though. Went to ensure another car, third party was the same price as comprehensive (almost $2k). They were unable to tell me why a small it was a back end thing. Unfortunately I had to change companies to one that charged $300 for the same thing. Shame as I had three vehicles with them.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

The best value car insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I have had YOUI motor vehicle insurance for my own vehicle for over 6 years now and I have just changed over the insurance for my wife's vehicle from Suncorp and saved over $400!. I also have my home & contents insurance with YOUI and they are the most competitive company in the market.

1 of 286 pages

I was insured with youi for the last 12mths by my Daughter and I have no record of the matter can you check for me? BN243 Car Insurance Monday, September 4,2017 Payed Youi $526.07 Visa.

Normy asked on Oct 18, 2018

Hi, im just wondering if I am still covered in an accident if I am in an accident but have a suspended license? Thanks

Jack asked on Sep 12, 2018

Answer this

I hope everything is alright Jack! There is an exclusion in our current PDS & here is the link: https://www.youi.com.au/GetPDS?riskType=VEH - See page 19 – “We will not pay for any loss, damage or legal liability caused directly or indirectly:", "14. when the car is being driven by a person whose driver’s licence is suspended, cancelled or has special terms applied to it unless you have told us about it, we have accepted this and it is shown on your policy schedule;”
Please also consider that each claim is based on its own merits. Would you like me to call you to discuss this further? Alternatively, my direct line is 0731563531 & I’d be happy to answer any questions - Jeremy

Unlikely any insurer would cover you these days, although once upon a time, there was an exclusion in medical emergencies. Don't forget, your CTP would probably exclude cover as well.

Is it true with youi you have to have a bac of 0.00% to be covered in a car accident? And not the legal requirement of 0.05% bac?

Bartschy asked on Sep 11, 2018

Answer this

Great question Bartschy! Providing you are under the legal limit & the alcohol is not directly related to the incident, you’re covered. I hope this helps Bartschy :O) Cam

Grey answer Youi !