Filter By:

This is the perfect insurer to go with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

The policy was grate value i saved over $400.It was pretty straightforward to set up and i was relay happy with the customer support. Thanks Mohammed Siraaz for being so helpful and setting up my insurance in such a small time.

Comprehensive Car insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

So I was after a quick quote and then considering them as an option I Got on their website and filled all the form.. in less than 1 minute got a call from them asking the same questions that were just answered on the form. Sales girl was over confident and just pushing me to sign up. In my initial conversation I made it clear that i want a quick quote but she didn't pay any attention. In the end after around 20 mins she came up with the quotation on 447 per month. Please bear in mind that my I was paying 145 per month with Allianz and told her its too expensive. Even In the form I mentioned I use public transport to work for 5 days.. Still she said we are very competitive...
Just a Rip off. by these guys.

Later on I looked up their reviews and one guy who paid 300 per month for two years came to know that his insurance was only costing 81 per month with other providers...

Should have given zero stars and report them to insurance council.

Just Dodgy and unethical.

Clarity is Important

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Matt took time to talk me through the details of the policy and what options were available.Great service and good value compared to the other quotes I obtained.

Geelong

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Great professional service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Youi's insurance policy was great value compared to my previous policy. I received patient, and helpful assistance in setting up my policy. Also the fact that I am no longer dealing with a broker but with an insurance company directly gives me peace of mind that in the event of a claim I will be looked after. The person I dealt with had excellent knowledge of the product and I can recommend Youi for anyone seeking value for money insurance and professional service.

Great customer service and saved me $$

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Good value, easy to set up - Sarah Mason was awesome!
Very happy with the service and will continue to insure through Youi. Thanks Sarah!!

insurance foir my new Mazda

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Matt went all out to provide me with a good policy for my new Mazda, and even though the Mazda is 2 and a half times the value of my Patrol which I had insured, the increase to the new car was marginal..as usual, Youi service was excellent.....you do realise, its a bit of a habit with you blokes......customer service and manners is everything when dealing with someone thanks Youi, and a big thank you to Matt

The best money saver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I think this policy is very good value, and I was pleased with the way I was help to set it up, a nd hope in the future this will be the same if I have to make a claim, thank you for your help ,
Pete

New car insurance policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Received brilliant service from Tyson ... very clear in explaining the product, provided great follow through and offered sensational value.

A MUST HAVE !!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

the cover was good value.and very easy to set up.
customer support was outstanding.
I am very satisfied, thank you

Good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Youi ask a lot of questions which ultimately saved us a lot of money for the policy. Compared to other insurer quotes Youi were the best by far comparing apples with apples.

Youi's TV advertisements are factual

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Very easy to deal with youi, good value and the staff very friendly and help full. I would recommend to all seniors.

New Policy with Youi save $$$

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Thank you Antanya Rossetto for taking the time to go through the new Insurance policy with me, by moving from *** ($1507.48) to youi ($993.86) I saved $513.60. So far I saved $1,902.55 from all my three policies. My first one back in Jan 2018 with Paul Blackwell. **** ($1,822.25) to youi($1,065.56) and again in April 2018 **** ($1,762.43) to youi($1,130.17).

I am one of those that don't to move around, I just received a gold card from RACV for being with them for god how long... But sometimes worth to check out... Well done guys...

Verified Customer

Best insurance company so far.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

As my old insurancer decide to jump my premium up heaps from last year I decided to compare and found youi a lot cheaper ($574 cheaper!) And even with some added extras! Plus I recieved an amazing customer service experience from Chanel

Awesome Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

The staff member was very understanding and helpful. Ended up taking out two policies so far. Saving alot of money and knowing we have the best cover that suits our needs. Great customer service. Very happy!

• 1 review
Private message

Youi quote process should be illegal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Tried to get Youi quote online - what a waste of time! After phishing my data no quote provided and Youi wanted me complete the quote process via phone call. You wouldn't do it for some random cold caller so why should Youi expect you to give details over the phone?
I wouldn't want to speak to their representative unless I already knew they were going to be competitive and prepared to put their quote in writing before the call.
Also, difficult to leave negative feedback on their contact page - which explains the number of positive reviews!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 1 review
Private message

Not worth it and wasted almost an hour on the phone just to get a quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Waste of time! I just wanted to get a quote for my vehicle so I filled out all the details online. Upon submitting I received a call almost instantly and wasted exactly 40 minutes to only find out their comprehensive insurance is actually no better and actually higher than other quotes I have from other providers. I value my time! Spent almost an hour just to get a quote. Shame on youi! I would not recommend youi to anyone. What a joke! Waste of time!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Our intention is not to waste your time I.P so I’m sorry if you were left feeling that way. 4-minutes is a long time for just a single quote so if our operator was talking the entire time, we sure ... read more »

a nice change

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I changed from another car insurance provider and found the change easy on the phone and saved over $200 on a like for like policy.

A great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

This policy is very good value, and so easy to set up on the phone
Jake was very efficient and explained it all very concisely

new policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

seems good so far. nothing else to say except the 20 word minimum is silly as it is a new policy and i have nothing to say .

Melbourne

• 1 comment
Private message

Don't waste your time on the computer filling out answers (they will call you within minutes anyway)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

What a waste of time using their website ( spent 5 minutes answering all their detailed questions online ) then get a phone call 20 seconds later by a pushy sales person asking all the same questions ARRRRRRRGGG they won't hear from me again

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We understand a phone call is not for everyone Michael. It’s concerning that you felt our sales person to be pushy. We work hard to be helpful & I apologise if this was anything but that. Would yo... read more »

Hi Jeremy i agree with you 100% in asking more questions, my problem is that they were the same questions i had already typed into the website ( which could not have been read that quick before i ... read more »

Youi Official

I’m sorry I missed your call Michael & thanks for replying. It wouldn’t be a great experience to be asked all of those questions again. We repeat a few basic questions to positively ID you & then a... read more »

1 of 271 pages

I have a Mercedes E class and wonder if it is safe to insure with Youi in case of a claim. I was told that the repairer don't use new genuine parts, is this true? Has anyone experienced this, or can the insurer reassure this?

facetoface asked on May 08, 2018

Answer this

Hi Facetoface! Thanks for reaching out, repairs quality is super important when selecting an insurer. Youi uses a combination of genuine, refurbished or alternative parts depending on the vehicle & nature of repair. We’ll use genuine parts any time warranty is an issue & for older vehicles it can vary a lot depending on circumstances. If there’s an alternative part that does the same thing like a windscreen, we’ll usually go with that so you’re not paying a fortune in premiums. Sometimes for older cars, new genuine parts simply aren’t available or in circulation so we often have to go for alternative parts. I’d love to speak over the phone & try to give you more relevant info, did you mind sending your details to ellat@youi.com or in a PM?

facetoface - A good insurer will also offer a "lifetime warranty" on repairs too. Perhaps it would be wise to ask Youi if they provide this. Cheers

Cheers Boris, thought I’d forgotten something there. Proud to confirm Youi also offers a lifetime guarantee on all authorised repairs for that extra peace of mind :)

Hi - wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me with Youi car insurance. Yesterday I had an accident - other party reversed into me and admitted fault. I tried to submit a claim with Youi and got a call telling me my options were to contact the other insurer myself and get it fixed or Youi could do it, but in that case despite the accident not being my fault they could not rule out my premium being impacted. I've got insurance with a number of companies, and this is the first time I've been told to contact the other insurer myself, otherwise if they do it they can't rule out an impact to my premium.

Graham asked on Apr 30, 2018

Answer this

A claim is never a situation any of us want to go through Graham & our aim is to have you back on the road asap. Insurance is about risk & many factors are taken into account when calculating the premium e.g. increase of risk, part costs & claims just to name a couple. With this said depending on your policy cover we would give you all the options available to help your claim progress smoothly as possible. I’m keen to look further into your case & see if I can shed more light for you. Please email robynf@youi.email your policy/claim details & I’ll give you a bell. Look forward to hearing from you, Robyn.

Contact The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) on 1300 780 808 or the Insurance Council of Australia on 1300728228.
Legal Aid may also assist depending on your circumstances.
Cheers

If I am an unlisted driver involved in an accident whereby it is 100% that I am not at fault, is the unlisted driver excess still payable? And will the premiums go up on the comprehensive insurance?

Hdnl asked on Apr 20, 2018

Great questions Hdnl,
It all depends on how successful we are at recovering that excess from the other party. So, if it’s clear from the start that the other party is at fault, & if the details of the other party are collected (including name, address, contact number & insurance company) we can often waive the basic excess quickly but not the additional excess. After an incident, in the background, we explore who’s at fault – this can be a subjective opinion closely relating to what can be proven if it ever went to court for example. Even when it’s obvious to you who was at fault, when all the information is at hand, it can be surprising what a legal standpoint is, say just for example, there are no witnesses. It can take time & there are many unknowns so to get the car repaired we often collect the additional unlisted driver excess. Then, only once (or if) we’ve recovered that additional excess, the excess can be refunded.
Your premium is calculated on our risk analysis. Say you’re the best driver on the planet & you drive in peak hour very day of the week, you’re statistically more likely to be hit by another driver compared to the same driver who never commutes. That’d be fine if we recovered all costs associated with not-at-fault incidents but we don’t. As a result, not-at-fault incidents can increase your premium because statistically it could mean that you’ll be hit again. Not your fault but we’re talking statistics here, & as an insurer we’re attempting to predict the future! Thankfully, it’s not weighted as heavily as an at-fault claim against your premium.
I’m sorry for the long-winded explanation & I hope I’ve answered your question?
Cheers, Jeremy

What a load of baloney !. Time to insure with a real insurer.

See all 114 questions about Youi Car Insurance