Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Awesome , extremely helpful !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Jesse was very clear at explaining the policy to me and was very pleasant to deal with. He offered me a number of options which good.
I would definitely use Youi again.

great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Was happy with the service for new policy for my car.
received policy number straight away in text but still awaiting for email to confirm the policy.
helpful and friendly services.

Helpefull and friendly!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

The policy was competitive and easy to set up. Jason was friendly and had a good knowledge of the product answering all my questions very clearly. I definitely recommend Youi.

Policies that Suit Needs

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Helpful friendly service and clear answers to questions asked. No waiting on line very prompt service. Easy setup of policies.Very satisfied with support. Policies good value being linked together .

Launceston

• 6 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 39 helpful votes
Private message

Overpriced and unaffordable

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

I did an online quote only to find that I was to pay almost $1,000 for a yearly premium compared to other car insurers generally charge around the $400-$500 mark per year. I really don't understand youi's overpriced car insurance nor the fact that I own a vehicle worth no more than $2,000 and they expect me to pay $1,000 for a premium. I have made no claims and have a excellent driving history. So in my opinion, forget Youi, I really don't see what all the hype is about.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I’m sorry we disappointed you Smok, it sounds as though you have a great driving history & a A1 client to have aboard. Please rest assured lots of things come into play to determine the risk in cov... read more »

5 star service, with a competitive price to match

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Youi provided me with a competitive and affordable quote for comprehensive car insurance ($600 less than what I was paying my current provider) that was tailored to my needs and based on the use of my car. I didn’t feel pressured into signing up with them immediately. They gave me time to weigh up all my options and decide, plus they didn’t bombard me with follow up phone calls! It was very easy to set up my new policy. Everything was done over the phone, hassle free and seamlessly. Their customer service is excellent. Ryan, the consultant I spoke to, was polite, friendly, knowledgeable, patient and clear and concise. I’m very happy with my decision to switch over from my current provider to Youi and would happily recommend their services to family and friends. Thanks Youi!

Sydney

• 2 answers
Private message

I love youi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

For three years now, Youi have always been extremely friendly and go out of their way to help us, although the policy can be slightly higher than other companies the service is always amazing and the staff polite and friendly, I like that roadside assist is included in your policy at no extra cost and the security of being able to choose your own repairer you pay for what you get and in my opinion youi is worth the extra dollars.

Amazing cant recommend enough

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

It was an amazing experience to deal with and easy to talk to and organise my policy and the people you deal with are amazing and easy to deal with

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Great value for my car insurance , it was great to speak with an actual person, the person I spoke to kept me well informed, fantastic service and advice thank you.

Amazing service, amazing savings!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Not to sound like an advertisement or anything, but I just called Youi to get a quote on car insurance (we pay annually and our yearly account is due soon, so I'm just shopping around) and not only was the customer service AMAZING (shout out to Brett, if you can select a consultant Brett is the one you want), but we straight up are saving 500 bucks on our yearly payments from our old provider. 100% would recommend to literally everyone -- didn't even feel like a sales call, just a chat with a friend.

just Start with youi but it’s seems good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

The customer service was awesome his name Ash he really explain to me a lot of things and answered all my questions and I’m very happy with that and he was making sure I’m happy with my insurers he looked after very well .

staff satisfaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Excellent value easy talk through and customer service 2 to none Staff were confident and supportive to my needs They looked through my other policies to amend if needed and offered options Very happy with staff at youi

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

David was so helpful and great to talk to. Didn’t push to sell me product. I did though. Will be recommending Youi to everyone I know. Great job Youi. Thanks

New Policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

The Youi Consultant was excellent to deal with and greatly assisted me in my purchase of the policy for my new motor vehicle. Policy was set up easily. Really happy with my experience. Thank you

Verified Customer

Exceptional service, customer service team are brilliant!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I needed to review and update my policy and have always been happy with YOUI after being a customer for almost 3 years. I had comes changes with the car and that was going to reduce my costs so I got a quote from another insurer then came back to YOUI to see what they could do. I wasn't disappointed! The customer service Rep Anthony L was excellent! Patient, knowledgeable and really did a great job helping me set up a new policy with my new requirements. Very happy with the outcome :)

Very happy to continue being a customer of YOUI with service like this. I have to say YOUI probably has the best customer service of any company that I have ever interacted with in relation to products and services that I need to call up for customer service. I think that actually makes a massive difference and is one of the deciding factors in my loyalty to a company.

Good price friendly phone contact

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Good value easy to arrange half the cost of my present insurer and similar provisions.
I would recommend to my family and friends to at least get a quote from Youi, you may be surprised.

Value for money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Good value and very easy to set up policy.
Very Friendly and always easy to talk to customer service staff.
This is the 3rd policy we have with Youi,within my family!
Youi are a great insurance company.

Verified Customer

I have no reason to not change all my other policies over to Youi.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Phil was so great to deal with, he explained the policy and I received a very good rate to insure the vehicle. The quotes he supplied were well under my policies I have now and have very similar terms.

Quick, Easy, competitive insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

My new policy was quick and easy to set up, with friendly and helpful staff, everything was explained with terms I could understand. With a competitive price I was happy with. Had a good experience

Understood what I was buying

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Policy was explained very well and I knew what I was covered for and what I was entitled to, I was also reassured that I knew what each question meant and was not confused at all.

1 of 234 pages

Does Youi has any product that covers off-road 4x4 driving, for example driving on off-road tracks?

Bilal asked on Feb 02, 2018

Answer this

Hi Bilal, if you have a 4x4 that is designed to be driven off road you ARE covered if you are driving off road. Our roadside assistance, Youi Assist (for flat tyres, flat batteries etc.), we can only come to your rescue if a two-wheel-drive service vehicle can access the location. Does that answer your question? Cheers, Jeremy

PLEASE EXPLAIN !
Page 19/20 of Youi PDS: We will NOT PAY for any loss, damage or legal liability caused directly or indirectly: when the car is being used in a four wheel drive or adventure park, or if it is used for endurance or skills tests.
This includes National Parks in all states and Territories as they are classed as parks for four wheel drives.

Do you offer fuel discounts to your customers?

David O asked on Jan 28, 2018

Answer this

Answer removed for inappropriate content.

Hi David, currently there’s an offer through YouiRewards where you can purchase Caltex vouchers. You use YouiDollars to receive a 5% discount off a $50 StarCash digital fuel card. No scam, you can always download the Youi app & check out all the T&C’s for yourself. Also, if you complete a quote with us, we’re offering you 100 YouiDollars with the “Youi can’t lose” promo – that way you get to test out YouiRewards without even starting a policy! If at all you’re worried, search the internet for what others are saying ;) Cheers, Jeremy

Answer removed for inappropriate content.

I did an online quote for Youi comprehensive insurance for my son and it was 3 times as much as he is paying through his current insurer. Does Youi really give you $100 if they can't give you a better price on insurance or is that just a deceptive tactic?

felicity9 asked on Jan 10, 2018

Answer this

Hi there Felicity, thanks for giving us a go & sorry it’s not worked out this time. Our “you can’t lose” promotion means if you get a quote from us & don’t go ahead, we’ll give you 100 of our Youi dollars to use in our rewards app. The code will arrive via email 7 days after the quote is completed & you can then use the Youi dollars through the app towards various discounts on everything from food to fuel to holidays! Hope this helps, if it’s been 7 days & you’ve not seen the code yet just send me an email to ellat@youi.com & I’ll chase it up for you. Thanks for posting – Ella :)

I would have to agree with you felicity9 that this is most likely another deceptive move by Youi.
There’s many complaints here on Product Review from people asking when and if they will receive the YP$100 which is about the equivalent of AUD$10 and there’s nearing 1000 complaints elsewhere.
Given Youi has been FINED 3 times since August 2016 for deceptive conduct and dodgy sales techniques to the amount of $570,000 your intuition or research may very well be correct and no doubt we’ll see ASIC come down on Youi again should it be another tactic - hopefully even harder than the $150,000 fine Youi received in December 2017

See all 110 questions about Youi Car Insurance