Filter By:
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Serious Commitment and Deadline Issues.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I was involved in an accident where only I was the victim, on Sunday. The only damage to my car nothing else or nobody else was involved. Called roadside assistance and got the car towed to safe storage by Ready Towing on Sunday. Called Youi and booked a damage assessment for Tuesday morning at 7am via phone call on Monday. I waited till Tuesday evening to get results. Finally, called Youi myself and got to know that Towing company could not deliver the car to Bignell Repairs till Tuesday closing time of the Bignell, the assessing site for damages. Called Youi again today (Wednesday) and got told that they will take another day for this which will be Thursday now.
I was told by Youi that I have the option to refuse claim and get it repaired myself, if I wish, after the damage assessment of my car from Bignell Pannel Repairs.
So it basically took 3 days and still counting to just assess damage which is a 30 minutes job for Bignell Repairs due to the mistake of Ready Towing which was sent by Youi and Youi people are very casual about it.
So now I don't know what is happening with my car and how long will it take. I have to take off from my work from Monday to Thursday. This is affecting my regular job(s) and I am sitting home not making money.
My question to Youi is, Have you done this to me If I would have taken claim and paid you the excess money???
This is the height of frustration, harassment and testing my patience.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We gave the expectation that your car would be assessed Tuesday morning & failed to deliver, I’m sorry. Ideally, we should be waiting for the car to arrive at the location before booking the assess... read more »

Private message

Disappointed former loyal customer!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I had been a loyal Youi customer for many years insuring all my assets, home and contents, two motor vehicles, caravan and a motorcycle. When it came time to shift the storage location of my caravan from a private property only three suburbs away to a secure storage facility I expected a slight rise from the mid $500's I was paying, however was very shocked to find that increase was almost a further $500.

I subsequently contacted Youi to discuss this and was offered a 'loyal customer' discount which reduced this policy price to early $800's.

I subsequently contacted a further insurance company (that I have no further assets insured with) and that company provided a quote of early $400's with a higher insured value and one third the excess of that of Youi, plus all of the inclusions that Youi promote.

Needless to say that I have now moved my caravan to the other company and expect that my other policies will follow shortly.

Extremely disappointed and very hard to understand given that I had all of my policies with Youi and a further company could insure a one off asset at less than half the cost of Youi's 'loyal customer' price.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I completely understand why this would cause you to shop around Jason. Your loyalty is very important to us & I’m sorry if we were unable to beat the price of a competitor. We’re balancing between ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

False value

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Asked for a comprehensive car quote, price was cheaper than others but the agreed value was $10000.00 less than the others, be aware

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Thanks for your comments John. Agreed value is based on the average condition at the time of the loss. We have allowances in the agreed values we offer, so we must be calculating that differently t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Playing around with their quote

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I received a quote for $645 but had to cancel it a week as the delivery of my car was delayed. One week later on the phone, the quote came in at $1000, after I told them how dissatisfied I was, it came down to $850 and there was nothing else they could do citing all sorts of nonsense that the quote was different from last week (by that muck in less than a week!!), I told them I would go online and do the quote again and it came in less, someone called me up and more talk and dissatisfaction the price eventually came down to $627. What a joke, and they wanted to charge me $1000, all in a space of an hour. Price gouging at it's worst!!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

This is sounding odd Damien, for the difference in the premium your explaining. Insurance is about risk & the questions we ask assesses the risk based on our underwriting, which is how the premium ... read more »

Canberra

Verified Customer

Landrover third party insurance same as comprehensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Changed to youi after a bad experience with another company. Friendly call centre, never had to claim though. Went to ensure another car, third party was the same price as comprehensive (almost $2k). They were unable to tell me why a small it was a back end thing. Unfortunately I had to change companies to one that charged $300 for the same thing. Shame as I had three vehicles with them.

Adelaide

Private message

Quote was double that of competitors

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I've had full comprehensive motor vehicle insurance with Allianz for many years, but my car is now 15yrs old and with excesses and a market value of only $4300 I decided to downgrade to Third Party Property coverage only.

Wife (47) and I (56) have unblemished driving histories, car is kept in locked garage, we've been Rating One for ever - all the other 'risk' questions (eg: convictions, demerits, claims within last 3 years etc.) were negative. All the questions were the same with all three insurers and I was looking to pay annually:

Allianz quoted me $188 with a $400 basic excess
RAA was $210 with a $400 basic excess
YOUi... wait for it... $384 with an $800 basic excess

The sales rep was very nice but as I said to her "that's considerably more than I've been quoted elsewhere". She went through all the questions again but was unable to reduce the quote. When I asked why YOUi was more than double Allianz she was unable to give a reason beyond "it's possibly because your wife has only held a drivers licence for 12 years". Mmmmm. Needless to say I didn't sign up with YOUi.

I'm not complaining about a product I didn't purchase, but must say I was extremely surprised at how expensive YOUi's quote was, and how out-of-kilter with Allianz and RAA, for essentially the same product (in fact YOUi's basic excesses were also double).

For a company which advertises so heavily on the suggestion they will be cheaper than others ('Tom saved $180' and so forth) I was quite puzzled when I received their quote.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend against YOUi, perhaps they are more competitive on other forms of insurance - but I'd definitely recommend getting some other quotes before accepting any offer from YOUi. Do not simply assume they are cheaper, or even comparable to other insurers.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

It’s no secret we do things a little different Adrian. It's a tough market that's for sure & sounds like we were off the mark for you & your wife. Insurers will assess risk differently, hence why t... read more »

All very interesting Robyn, but bottom line, your product was more than twice the price of your competition. Just saying!

• 6 answers
Private message

The quotation system is terrible!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I am not sure how efficient this company pays out but the online quote system isn't really online like other insurance companies. Instead you will receive a call from their salesman trying to fast talk you. Their opening statements are "what do you want most from your insurance company", in which I replied for the company to pay out if necessary and I do not have the time for this. A few days later they text me the quote.
Why bother with all this nonsense in the first place, just let the customer view the quote online!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We are a little different & call to ask a few more questions to tailor the policy to you. By doing this we may be able to save you $$$ on your premiums, still we understand it’s not for all. I’m so... read more »

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Trickery with the online quote

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

While I price I ended up receiving was competitive, I was extremely unhappy when I tried to do an online quote and ended up getting a phone call from a pushy salesperson who just made me go through every damn question I'd already answered online plus a bunch more. I was in a rush and just looking to compare a few basic covers across a few companies and that took forever, annoyed me and really put me off using Youi. Don't have an online quote function on the website, if that's what you're going to do. It's misleading.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Thanks for reaching out Anna. We don’t condone any form of pushy behaviour & I’m keen to investigate this. We let you know at the start of the quote you might receive a call, so we can confirm your... read more »

• 1 question

Can't get a quote!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2018

We are already insured with Youi for another car. I was trying to get a quote for our new car last night while our baby was asleep. After filling out the form, I kept getting bombarded with calls that I had to decline as the house needed peace and quiet. I get a text message from '[name removed]' asking when the best time is to call, so I respond "I can't talk, can you please email it to me?" No response, so I send a "??" 20 mins later, and nothing.

Seems all the sales people care about is getting their commission, and if there is potential that they don't get it or someone else does, then they won't care.

Pretty poor service from a company I thought I was happy with...

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We understand a call is not always convenient Blake, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience, as it’s not our intention to have you feeling this way. We're humans dealing with other humans in a... read more »

Thanks Robyn, but I believe you're missing the point as sometimes it's much more convenient to simply complete everything online and not need to speak with anyone and pretend that we care about eac... read more »

Youi Official

Hi Blake, thanks for getting back to me as your feedback is important & has been noted down. I'm sorry for any frustration this has caused. We take a pro-active approach & get that on occasions thi... read more »

Cudmirrah

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Avoid Youi Car Insurance like the plague

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

I very recently hit a wombat. I rang Youi as my insurer. Firstly I was informed that the tow truck driver was not allowed to drive me the 15 klms to my home so I could get home safely. Then I was asked if I had $100 on me which I did not have to pay for non-existent cabs in the wee hours of the morning. The only thing Youi did was organise the tow truck driver. I was then informed the 2 car hire companies they deal with are closing down and to organise my own hire car. Then I was informed Youi would only fund 14 days car hire at $50 a day - which is totally unrealistic because the car hire minimum is $54 per day. Then I was informed the assessment would be undertaken at 9am Wednesday 22/8/2018 and it is now Saturday 25/8/2018 and I am still none the wiser re whether Youi will repair or pay out.
I have rung every day since Thursday to ascertain what will be happening to the vehicle and whilst the operators are very pleasant, they cannot assist.
This is totally unacceptable. Literally 5 days of the 14 day car hire have been taken up waiting for Youi to pull its finger out and demand the assessment be provided.
I'm disgusted to say the least. Not only was Youi prepared to leave a female driver with no way of getting home stuck out in the middle of nowhere, their claims procedures leaves a lot to be desired.
I elected to have car hire only to find out that I can only have 14 days and they cap the amount and I have to organise my own car hire. In fact I should have car hire for the duration it takes Youi to either have the car repaired or pay out.
Oh and by the way the $100 - Youi expect you to pay and then get reimbursed and you can only claim $100 maximum - Total crap when one resides in a rural area.
I'm right over this crap to say the least. Not to mention I pay for Roadside assist only to find out Youi will only fund 2 road side assists per annum.
And they're not that cheap to put things mildly.
I'm sure as hell considering insurer options after this experience.
And by the way it doesn't take 5 days to ascertain cost of parts. There is a Toyota business in Nowra and all the repairer has to do is pick up the damn phone. If I can obtain the cost of a Toyota Prius wheel rim in literally 5 minutes - tell me why the repairer and/or Youi can't obtain the relevant quotes for Toyota Prius parts within 30 minutes.!!!!!
I'm right over Youi to say the least. Their advertising is incredibly misleading to say the least.

August 30th 2018 Update: Update to My Review: Avoid Youi Like the Plague

I would like to provide this update about my experiences with Youi and making a claim. My initial review: Avoid Youi Like the Plague.
6 days into the car hire I was informed the repairs had been approved and the repairer required up to 2 weeks to undertake the repairs and when I informed the car hire would run out and I'd be left with no vehicle, kind of like - oh dear too bad so sad so to speak.
This morning (Thursday 30/8/2018) I received an email from Youi requesting feedback on my experiences as they're 'passionate about customer service'. Well I kind of let fly on the Youi Wall titling the feedback: Not Happy Jan.
Anyway a Youi Complaints Officer called me and we had a very long chat about my experiences.
Upshot: she called the repairer and the car will be repaired by Friday 7/9/2018 - one up for the little people.
Then she called me back and she had obtained approval for a car hire which they will organise 31/8/2018 and I will have this hire car until the repairs are completed; and if this means the car is not repaired by 7/9/2018 as now envisaged then I still retain the hire car until the repairs are completed.
She will also call me tomorrow to provide me with other feedback in relation to the experiences I experienced.
Now I do appreciate that someone in Youi has finally seen the light of day and actually pulled their finger out and decided to work for the customer rather than simply for the company.
Thank you complaints officer. I sincerely hope Youi does learn from this experience and other customers are not put through the multiple experiences I experienced.
As a result I have increased my rating from terrible to bad because this complaints officer is doing her best.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Desley. I have your other feedback as well & have left a response there too. We do update you every 48 hours & it looks like you beat us to it each time. Generally, a car would take up to 48 ho... read more »

Many thanks Cam. Once you were put on the case, things started to move in the correct direction. You say the assessor has 1 week if the car is not able to be driven. Now this is interesting to s... read more »

• 15 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Youi handle claims poorly

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

I have been a Youi customer for 6 years. I was recently burgled and made my first claim. You have been hopeless to deal with. After a ton of phone calls and emails and text messages they still have not repaired the damage. I would not recommend them.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Alex & I’m sorry you feel we’ve let you down. I’m here to help & get to the bottom of this for you. I need to know more so I’ll pop you a message to get some more details & I can get onto this for you. Thanks, Cam

Private message

Quick to take your money and slow to give it back

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

I am very disappointed that YOUI chose to only refund 50% of my policy as I made a mistake and did not REMEMBER to cancel my DIRECT DEBIT, I didn't even realise I had a policy with YOUI. This human error has cost me dearly and has caused hardship and family issues. At the end of the day, I have paid the full policy to your company and you have STOLEN my money. Also, I had to ring on three separate occasions to find out when I would be receiving the refund. I am very unhappy and this has caused me a lot of distress.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We really don’t want you feeling this way & I understand why this must be financially hard for you Vicki. I’ve also responded to you on the Youi Wall so will reply here too with an offer of help & ... read more »

Youi Official

When we promised to refund you back in July, we should have given you the full story & completed the task Vicki. I’m sorry we let you down by not being up front, & for taking too long to process th... read more »

Thank you so much Jeremy. I really appreciate your effort in resolving this matter. I will consider returning to Youi in the future.
Regards
Vicki

Won’t leave me alone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Went on the website for a quote but the link just leads you to getting a call from a rep. Didn’t answer the call as I wasn’t expecting to be called that soon and after rejecting the call I got called again and then texted. Few hours later got called again and I rejected. Then decided to call for a quote. Got a quote which was double the amount it would’ve cost me to get insured by other companies and the excess was ridiculous as well. Politely told them I would think about it and had to block their number because they were calling too much now I just get emailed everyday. Customer service is good but a bit over the top. Prices are not as competitive as other companies especially for under 21 drivers with provisional license.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Melanie, when you start a quote at Youi we finish of the quote with you & give you a call. In a crowded insurance market our point of difference is to speak over the phone & tailor a quote to yo... read more »

Melbourne

Overpriced - Pushy Sales Technique - Lengthy quote process

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Got a quote from them - half online, then they call to bother you for another 40 mins and try and pressure you into closing. The price was way off the mark, $200 - $400 more expensive than other quotes, even RACV. I guess you get what you pay for. From the reviews, their service may be good but you definitely pay a premium for it.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Insurance claim made

Overseas call centre when in an emergency!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Absolutely appalled by the service my poor 75-yr old parents received by Youi Insurance yesterday afternoon. They were hit by a hoon on a motorbike in the middle of Samford Road, leaving the car to end up on the wrong side of the road, facing oncoming traffic and having been seriously damaged and probably a write off! They were helped from the car and while Dad was sorting details with the other driver Mum called Youi! Her call was diverted to SOUTH AFRICA where she got a person she could barely understand. This is an EMERGENCY SITUATION but this woman wanted to know the time and the weather in Australia then asked bizarre questions about how long they have had the car, how often do they use it, what is it used for. As if Mum was phoning for an insurance quote! Seriously. The woman then suggested they just leave the car where it is, and a tow truck would be organised for tomorrow! Mum tried explaining they were in the middle of a busy highway, how can they just leave the car there....... My poor parents were in shock, my Mum is disabled and left sitting on the side of the road, being hassled by rogue tow trucks and this is the service Youi provided!!! Absolutely appalled. You may offer great quotes but your service in the time of an emergency, which is when we require you to be amazing, was beyond belief. Just waiting now for the hassle of trying to get a hire car for them and the nightmare of the insurance paperwork to start........

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We need to help as much as we can in times of need & the wellbeing of everyone in the incident is the priority. I hope your parents were uninjured!? We ask that safety concerns are addressed before... read more »

Youi Official

Thanks for passing on my details to your parents. I’ve spoken to your father and he provided me with more information which allowed me to investigate fully. I’ve also listened to the calls when th... read more »

Melbourne

Why???????

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

I have been a Youi customer for five years now, I have my car , my wife’s car and home and contents policies with them and have NEVER made a claim.

Every year when it’s time to re-new I notice that the policies creep up a few dollars ( even though the value of the insured items depreciates ).
Up until now I have just paid it and continued on, however, my most recent re-new has my policy climbing by about 30% (approx $400 per year) , when I called them to ask why they just told me that it MAY be because of a lot of claims in my area or repairs on my type of vehicle are more expensive then they previously were? And they couldn’t offer me a better rate.
I guess customer loyalty isn’t really worth anything these days , I will be looking around for a better deal and taking my 3 policies with me.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Increases at renewal are common as risk changes, materials/labour pricing increase, building codes change & many other things are taken into account that affect the renewal price. Still this is a l... read more »

OA17275444

Thanks for that Simon, I’ll take a look & be in touch shortly. Cheers Josh

SYDNEY

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Really depends on who you are talking to

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Noted good reviews and got a recommendation from a friend to look at youi car insurance option as mine was due for renewal (I'm happy with my current one but wanted to compare, just in case). I dutifully completed a very comprehensive questionnaire online and was expecting a quote to be emailed to me but no, a direct phone call came within seconds, allegedly to get even more detailed information (not sure what exactly, since the online questionnaire covered literally everything short of my school years). And then a textbook hard sell started: too talkative, too many personal questions, repeating the same offer despite the initial "no, thank, don't need this", etc. The guy who called was initially very friendly and really talkative, too much to be honest; I was not expecting to spend more than a few minutes online on an insurance quote but instead got a phone call and a sales guy with heaps of time on his hands.
At the start, I was politely supporting the small talk and patiently waiting for the actual insurance discussion to start until the questions became too annoying and too much time got wasted. I politely but firmly said that I appreciated his desire for a friendly chit-chat but would really like to discuss the insurance and I have an appointment coming, so I cannot spend too much time on this call. This was taken as a personal offence (apparently, I should have been delighted and ready to drop everything in order to listen at length to personal stories of a stranger who called me uninvited). The sales guy immediately changed the tone, started talking very fast while going over the insurance questions and quickly produced a quote that was 3(!) TIMES bigger than the one from my current insurer (which is a major company). Obviously, he was angry with me and produced a deliberately exaggerated quote just to make sure I refuse to accept it. Strange sales tactics, but what would I know?
Judging by many positive responses youi must be a reasonably good insurer but the sales people they employ apparently differ significantly. Hopefully, you have better experience than I have.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Talk about stumbling at the first hurdle Anna! We pride ourselves on exceptional service though it’s true we’re always going to have some less experienced staff & some that just got up on the wrong... read more »

Hobart

• 1 answer

Exorbitant price

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

My quote for car insurance was $200-300 more than other quotes (Budget Direct, Allianz), with the same excess, and mostly the same cover.

The method of quoting is overly lengthy - you enter all the same information online as you do for most other companies, plus more. Upon submitting, you don't receive and instant quote, as I did with the three other quotes I received, but rather, someone calls you and speaks oo you for 10-15 minutes, asks for all the same information you entered online, plus more, and at the end of it all gives you a heftily priced quote. But the have charisma.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Theodore, I’m sorry to hear we didn’t get you the price you were after. In a crowded insurance market, we do like to have a point of difference & that is speaking to you over the phone so we can... read more »

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Not professional enough 'Buddy'

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

The Policy price isn't bad itself. The customer service assistants need some training. Calling the customer "Buddy", asking questions such as "What's wrong with your phone buddy, it lost connection again" it is unprofessional and it leaves me anxious to get a policy with such a service. I get it that Youi wants to be the 'Everyday aussie battler of car insurances' but do not forget to be respectful towards clients, keep the 'nicknaming/pet naming' to yourself and keep it formal not colloquial.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Apologies Mike, I agree the nicknames aren’t for everyone & it’s important we’re always being respectful. I’d love to review the call & get the coaching happening, are you able to send your quote d... read more »

Inverell

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Way too expensive compared to other insurers

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

Youi is way more expensive than other insurers. Everyone i know who has recieved a quote has commented on how expensive it is. Nrma is about $2100 a year cheaper for comprehensive

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

It all comes down to risk Mason, every company will rate it differently & charge different amounts for it. Still this is a large difference & I’d like to look into it further, so please message me ... read more »

Well youi wanted $3300 for a year at market value and nrma gave me agreed value of $28000 for $1650 so no. I dont want your help

1 of 8 pages