Filter By:

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Customer Service is very good, responsive. But getting quote is sometimes annoying as they have to call you even when it is 9 PM.
I was with Youi for more than a year, then they increased the policy. I decided to switch over and able to find other insurers with almost half price.

Also, during my first quote, I did mention to the agent that I am going to move to new address in two weeks. She said it is ok and the policy will remain the same with no extra cost and she happy to update my address. I purchased the policy. But after I moved I noticed She had only updated my billing address and not the residential address. When I tried to update the address myself I had to pay extra for it.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I’d like to help & learn more Arthur as you’ve mentioned some concerning points. We have guidelines for appropriate hours of contact & when changing an address, this could present more/less risk so... read more »

Durack

Annoying questions

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Just wanted to get a online quote but get called up by a sales member with annoying questions that are nearly are all the same it takes nearly 20mins , luckily they are cheap

Comments
Youi Official

We understand a phone call is not for everyone & sorry to have annoyed you Bob. We feel, by having a conversation, asking more questions, allowing you to ask us questions, there will be higher chan... read more »

Lake Macquarie

• 7 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Fantastic premiums, ordinary claim experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

I’ve been with Youi for a while, and persuaded family members to make the switch. Saved quite a lot - insurance is a necessary evil, so savings matter.
Until I made a claim against my comprehensive car policy. There was poor communication between assessor and repairer, which left me in the lurch on finishing dates for repairs. I’d spoken to both, and both versions of events which just left me more confused, and annoyed. The assessor finally admitted there could have been better comms all round.
And as I fall into the category of “most people”, I would have thought (as I was led to believe by the claims advisor) there would be comms between her, and the assessor, and repairer. Not so.
All in all, cheaper premiums don’t always mean premium claims experience.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Andrew, I’m sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is super important to me & it sounds like we dropped the ball putting you out with repair times for your vehicle. Sometimes situations... read more »

Thanks Koppo. I’ll follow up next week with you

Ballarat

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO INSURE OTHER THINGS WITH US!!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

With other vehicles insured by youi, I called to insure a car in my name following the recent death of my father. The guy on the other end looked at my File and asked if I wanted to insure a trailer. I responded that I was only looking to insure this car and the reasons why but he then went on to interrogate me about my house/contents insurance. I understand "Do you want fries with that?" but I did make it pretty clear that I had a single purpose and wanted to focus on that. I subsequently realised that I should have asked to speak to someone else, but did not at the time, because I just wanted to complete the transaction and move on. Pushy sales staff are a turn-off.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

You should never feel pushed & if that’s how it is, we definitely got it wrong. Sincere apologies, clearly we’ve got some improvements to make. Like all business, we do like to offer to quote on an... read more »

• 1 review
  • 8 helpful votes

Can't get online quote

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

All I wanted was to get a quote online to compare with existing and other potential insurers, but it doesn't wotk that way and you get phoned up and have to go through every detail. Fine if you are buying the policy, but not fine if you just want a quick quote!

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We understand time is precious in today’s busy life, thanks for giving us a go. Sometimes online quotes are possible while at other times we do call & we attempt to warn you of our process before ... read more »

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

I have changed back to my previous insurance company

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Even though it seemed a good idea to get insurance through Youi at the time I have since found out that things I have to pay extra for are available as standard on my previous insurer for my previous car . I have also found it cheaper in the premiums than Youi. I have saved about $25 a fortnight by changing back. Sorry Youi but you are NOT the competitive company you say you are in the ads.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

overly enthusiastic staff

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

having just returned from a 3.5 month holiday in 9 European countries, hiking, kayaking, skiing and dancing, drinking, i was told by the young DUDE that i was boring,,,,,, because i hadnt planned anything for my weekend!!

Comments
Youi Official

Wow Shayne, great example of why we shouldn’t make assumptions! I’m sorry for the experience & would like to review this call, please message me the quote number or mobile you used & I’ll track it down. Cheers Josh

• 5 comments

Direct Debit or Nothing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

Spoke to a nice lady regarding changing my car policy. Prior to finalising and getting a quote I was informed I had to pay the new and future premiums by "Direct Debit" I said I could pay by Bill Pay or Bank transfer not Direct Debit. As a consequence we could not do business. Pity I was not told this before I wasted about a half hour. This is the first time I have been refused goods or services because of the way I wish to pay. I think a refusal like this would be found illegal, it is certainly a poor business practice.

Comments
Youi Official

G’day Bazza, I’m sorry we didn’t have your preferred method of payment. It’s true we have direct debit which can be from either bank account or credit card. We choose these methods as other forms c... read more »

Thanks Koppo, I am personally unaware of additional charges for the financial services (Bill Pay and Bank Transfer) you will not accept. As that is the way you do your business I suggest you tell potential customers before wasting their time.

Youi Official

Thanks Bazza, noted, sorry to waste your time this time, Cheers for your input. Koppo

Verified Customer

The amount of time you spend talking is just totally unacceptable.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

Look nice lady but in total, over an hour and half, answering the same questions over and over again, as I was interested in 3 vehicles. They almost seam happy to WASTE your time.
I still also do not know, if like AMMI, I have a rating 1 for life?
They need to make the process much more simple and stop wasting peoples time.

• 2 questions

Youi variable

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

Despite Youi wanting to let the world know about potential savings ,they do not even try to lower any policy that comes in way above other insurers . No mention of this is given in their feedback questions. Full disclosure , please !

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Sometimes we are beaten in price by other companies, this is because everyone will assess risk differently & charge different amounts for it. Sadly, we don’t price match as this is what we believe ... read more »

sussex inlet

youi or whoi

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Easy to deal with at the time of taking money. Havnt experienced dealing with a claim.
Always easy to set up. Hopefully as easy to claim.
Great service again my turn to pay,. Youi asked me to review when I paid policy. Will they ask me to review if I claim? Time will tell.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Good Morning hopefull & thank you for posting. Awesome service is what we strive for & this is far more than great service when you’re paying your premium. We strive for a quick turn around time on... read more »

Cam I havnt had a claim from any insurance for more than 30 years. I have read about claims from your posts,. you asked me to comment. I only go by what I have read. Your sales are well respected your claims stink. You asked I answered. Hopefull.

Youi Official

I hear what you’re saying Hopefull. I appreciate your comments & I hope you enjoy your stay with Youi. ~ Cam

melbourne

Insurance claim made

Impressive at the start disappointing later

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

Someone run into my car in front of my house while parked ( I am 100 % NOT AT FAULT) luckily I wasn't inside the car at the time.
My car was written off, the claim process with YOUI went very smooth and full credit to them it was impressive.
However when insuring my new car again with YOUI the premium went above by 300 % even though conditions didn't change, that is not fair..

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Thanks for talking with me earlier Hayrullah & I sorry to hear of your tough time recently. I’m glad we made it on service at the start, not so good we couldn’t come up trumps with the new car :( W... read more »

Have difficulty with opening the attachments from my policy!

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

I did phone again and hopefully I will get another email :) !!!! I am wrinting no more words, the problem is my older computer :) Have a good day !

Comments
Youi Official

Thanks for taking my call Marja, I’ve sent the document, this time direct from my email so now I’m hoping you can open it? Please let me know how you go. Cheers, Jeremy

Yes, I can see the document now! Thank you, Jeremy

Private message

Always good to get another quote

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Thought i could have been offered a better rate as i have 4 other policies with YOUI. Customer support was fine and policy set up was ok. Will still review all of my current insurances to see if i am getting great value or not for insurance services that i have with YOUI.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

Private message

Unfortunately insurance is an evil necessity

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

Youi always comes out on top when comparing premiums with other insurance companies, but I have no idea how well they do when having to make a claim as I have never had the need to do so. Sadly there are those who cause premiums to rise which makes it unfair for those of us who are careful and don't have accidents, particularly those under 25 years of age. The customer service was second to none, as Rod Mcinnes helped me with updating current policies, adding a new policy and assisting me in getting on to the Youi Rewards program. Thank you Rod!

Comments
Youi Official

Thanks for your views Swede, it is a grudge purchase we get that but I’m glad Rod looked after you & made it a pleasant experience. I appreciate the feedback, Cheers Josh

On line application

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

I was applying for comprehensive car insurance on line before I could complete I was taken over by a salesperson and started from scratch answering all the questions I had already listed .
If an online application is not available then just provide a phone number rather than going through everything twice
I might add that I endured the same experience insuring a car last month where I completed the application then a phone call going over the application again

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

There are a few basic questions online that we ask, however we may call & confirm these answers to locate/ID the quote & ask a few more questions to tailor the policy to you. Still I’d like to look... read more »

My initial thoughts were a sales person horning on on line applications

Private message

The fact that you automatically direct debit annually the premium from a credit card didn't go down

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

Good value for money
No not easy to set up
I don't agree with you guys keeping my credit card details. Then when it's ready for renewal you hit with out me knowing.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Disappointment!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

The customer service representative was great! Very friendly and helpful and chatty! She set everything up for me and signing in was no problem. I would like to express bit of disappointment as after getting in with Youi and paying fees, had car battery problem and the car went dead. I sent to youi inquiring about whether they can be of assistance , help me out if they can provide battery. it has been 2 weeks and have heard absolutely nothing. I received email that said someone from Youi will be contacting me shortly and till now nothing! is there explanation for that? Please advise!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Nina, I’m sorry if your message hasn’t had a reply. I’m here to help! If you have Comprehensive Cover, our Roadside Assist can help out here by arranging the replacement of the battery but this... read more »

Brisbane

Verified Customer

Good when i didn't need to make a claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

The policy was well-priced especially with the included roadside assistance - which i forgot i had and mistakenly signed up to RACQ Roadside Assist! DOH! It was easy to set up online. The Customer Support was also good help. However, i feel a failing with the policy is the no-fault excess. There are other policies out there that allow for no-fault claims, i.e. in my situation, someone hit my car when i parked it. I was out at dinner. They never left their details. I tried to make a claim but had to pay the excess - when it wasn't my fault! I know not all car insurance providers do this - but a lot of them do. This would make Youi a 6/5 star kind of policy.

Comments
Youi Official

I’m sorry to hear our excess left you short of being 100% satisfied Ally! We do waive excesses for not at fault claims if the excess is recoverable from the other party. Without seeing your claim,... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Online quote not online!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

Went online to get a quote for comprehensive car insurance. Got to a certain point and then it stopped and I then received a phonecall from Youi. The whole reason I went online was to get my quote online! The phonecall took forever, asking all sorts of questions, some which I had already answered online, plus all that friendly chit chat that I wanted to avoid. Finally we get to a price. We asked if she could email through the quote and she kept asking what we were after and saying how it's taylor made for us and how they provide such personal service. That's great, but I just wanted to receive the quote via email so I could compare them to others. She really wanted us to sign up there and then and when we didn't she said should she close down the quote. We told her no, please email us the quote but we still haven't received the email. The price was cheaper than the renewal notice I received from Allianz, but I guess they don't want our business.

1 of 6 pages