Filter By:

• 4 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Youi controls your credit deductions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have two vehicles due for insurance renewal.
Obtained quotes from Youi and the price was good. However when I asked for details to make the payment The supervisor advised the only form of payment is via direct debit from my nominated credit or debit card. I advised I wanted to do a bank transfer rather than provide a credit card which Youi could access at any time especially when renewal came due which did not allow me to review the renewal rate I would be charged. No was the answer only means of Youi insuring the vehicles was as detailed.
I wonder how many people give this due consideration that they no longer control the renewal process and that Youi simply debits the nominated card with no reference to the insured person.

Excellent !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

The ladies I dealt with were polite and very helpful and made the insuring of two cars and motorbike easy. Thanks

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I'm with youi more then 5 years excellent service thanks to youi staff staff members the customer service very informative.

Dereck Saved me over $250

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Just joined Youi and Dereck the customer service gentleman made the experience a breeze, welcoming and very informative. An excellent staff member to your team. Dereck saved me over $250 a year for my new Mazda 3.
Thank you Dereck and thank you Youi.

Saved 1/2 on My Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Was with the a different Insurance Company that didn't even advise me they were putting up my payment, the payment was double what I am NOW paying, Extremely wrapped I changed.

Melbourne

Verified Customer

Quote process was really horrible...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I went through Youi’s quote process a few months back and it was really straightforward and efficient. The lady who helped me at the time understood my needs and understood that I was requesting a QUOTE. She sent me an email of the quote and that was that. Easy, amazing and couldn’t fault her service.

This time however... like last time I went through the website to request a quote. Minutes later, I get a call from one of the phone reps. Through a series of questions to “tailor” my quote, he was quite effervescent and outgoing - and wanted to get to know “me” as a person. Anyway, fast forward past the questions, I receive a quote for the policy I’m interested in. He proceeded with the process of purchasing the policy and explained about how to pay over the phone, etc. This confused me a little because I initially thought the call was simply for a quote not to commit to a policy. As a result, I kindly explained to him that I intended only for a quote so I could think about and consider all my options.

He suddenly became extremely, albeit unnecessarily, aggressive about my apprehension to readily committing to the policy. I was merely asking for a quote not asking to buy insurance straightaway, as I wanted to consider all my options before making a decision. He kept interrupting with the stock standard phrase, “I understand where you are coming from but...” in a condescending manner. Well, needless to say, I’m pretty sure he wasn’t empathising with my situation, but merely trying to coerce me to fulfil sales KPIs. I’m really disappointed with this experience and to be honest, scarred by the aggressive (and honestly, rude) behaviour of the phone representative. Whilst at first I was excited to learn more about Youi’s policies and perks, I think I want to run away as fast as possible from this company. Beware.

Very Expensive Quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Quoted me about $6500 for third party insurance when I have a clean record (not including fire and theft). Bought from a competitor who quoted approximately $550.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Underwriting is all about statistics to better understand the risks involved Sam. As price is based on this, it’s tricky to find a winning offer for all. Still, I can appreciate your decision given... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Serious Commitment and Deadline Issues.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I was involved in an accident where only I was the victim, on Sunday. The only damage to my car nothing else or nobody else was involved. Called roadside assistance and got the car towed to safe storage by Ready Towing on Sunday. Called Youi and booked a damage assessment for Tuesday morning at 7am via phone call on Monday. I waited till Tuesday evening to get results. Finally, called Youi myself and got to know that Towing company could not deliver the car to Bignell Repairs till Tuesday closing time of the Bignell, the assessing site for damages. Called Youi again today (Wednesday) and got told that they will take another day for this which will be Thursday now.
I was told by Youi that I have the option to refuse claim and get it repaired myself, if I wish, after the damage assessment of my car from Bignell Pannel Repairs.
So it basically took 3 days and still counting to just assess damage which is a 30 minutes job for Bignell Repairs due to the mistake of Ready Towing which was sent by Youi and Youi people are very casual about it.
So now I don't know what is happening with my car and how long will it take. I have to take off from my work from Monday to Thursday. This is affecting my regular job(s) and I am sitting home not making money.
My question to Youi is, Have you done this to me If I would have taken claim and paid you the excess money???
This is the height of frustration, harassment and testing my patience.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We gave the expectation that your car would be assessed Tuesday morning & failed to deliver, I’m sorry. Ideally, we should be waiting for the car to arrive at the location before booking the assess... read more »

worth the while to shop around

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Been with YOUI for a couple of months... so far all well. If and when I have to make a claim will be a determining factor.
The assessment words go from GOOD to AWESOME … Awesome seems over the top.... I would have preferred VERY GOOD or EXCELLENT. So, to be different, I say Henry's performance was COMMENDABLE.

Insurance claim made

Amazing service...twice in three weeks!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

When you are stressed after an accident.. Your phone call is answered promptly with a friendly, well mannered, knowledgeable staff member who can deal with your claim in one phone call. So, so helpful and make the process straight forward and keep you well informed throughout.
We have had to place two claims recently and first class service both times. Also amazingly prompt payment!
Well done Youi and your fantastic staff and customer service, would highly recommend.

I haven't had to make a claim yet, but every time I call to change a policy or address I experienced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I have been a member of Youi since 2013. Not once have I had bad service, it's this, more than the savings, which keep me with Youi.

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Got tricked into giving them my number then kept receiving calls

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Went to obtain a quote for motorcycle insurance online. It said we can call you instead, and I declined, as I was only looking at prices and not seriously inquiring.

Afterwards it said to show the quote that they needed to send a pincode to my mobile for verification; I entered my number. Then it said that they couldn't give me a quote, and for the next three days they continued to try to contact me before I blocked the number.

They dishonestly obtained my phone by pretending to need to send me a pincode.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Joshua, I get it you were after an online quote. We do call to finish off a quote, so we can tailor make a quote for you. I get this isn’t your cup of tea, in a crowded insurance market we do pr... read more »

Happy with Youii

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Have been with Youii for years and bought a new car and changed over the insurance from my existing policy to another one and James was very helpful. Thankyou

Sydney

• 1 question

Expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Customer Service is very good, responsive. But getting quote is sometimes annoying as they have to call you even when it is 9 PM.
I was with Youi for more than a year, then they increased the policy. I decided to switch over and able to find other insurers with almost half price.

Also, during my first quote, I did mention to the agent that I am going to move to new address in two weeks. She said it is ok and the policy will remain the same with no extra cost and she happy to update my address. I purchased the policy. But after I moved I noticed She had only updated my billing address and not the residential address. When I tried to update the address myself I had to pay extra for it.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I’d like to help & learn more Arthur as you’ve mentioned some concerning points. We have guidelines for appropriate hours of contact & when changing an address, this could present more/less risk so... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Youi Roadside Assist

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Unfortunatelly my car broke down, had to use Roadside assist. Phone operator Kym was really helpful, towing shoed up in less than 20 min. Towing guy Benjamin from Simmo`s was very friendly and caring. Couldn`t have better experience even in this bad situation.

Brisbane

YOUI go the extra mile!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

We switched to YOUI just over 5 years ago and saved over 58% off our premium and for all of those year we have always had great service!
We had a small car accident and when I called YOUI the staff were so helpful and the car was fixed within the week!
So for us - YOUI are great and do go the extra mile!

Geelong

• 6 helpful votes

Very Expensive quote - 3 times anwhere else

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Car insurance was up for renewal, so went to Youi online quote only to find out that they call you back, ask all the questions again and then more and then get a quote 3 times dearer than my current insurer, and other quotes I got. That was a huge waste of time.

In fact the Youi quote was more than I paid for the car! When I queried with the girl on the phone, all I got was that is what the computer says.

Probably best try another car insurance company, wouldn't recommend.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We are a little different & call for a more personalised service Fordt150. Often our tailored process gets great results, sadly, this isn’t the case for all as price is based on risk. Car value is ... read more »

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Great experience with consultant.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

I have just signed for comprehensive insurance today Friday 30 November 2018, my insurance starts Saturday 1 December 2018.
Looking forward to being insured with Youi.

Durack

• 2 helpful votes

Annoying questions

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Just wanted to get a online quote but get called up by a sales member with annoying questions that are nearly are all the same it takes nearly 20mins , luckily they are cheap

Comments
Youi Official

We understand a phone call is not for everyone & sorry to have annoyed you Bob. We feel, by having a conversation, asking more questions, allowing you to ask us questions, there will be higher chan... read more »

Wollongong

• 1 helpful vote

Saved a ton!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

In comparison to other insurance companies, Youi gave me the best price for the car insurance I wanted, with quick response times and the most friendly customer service I have experienced. Thank you, Youi!

1 of 289 pages