Filter By:

Invergordon

• 4 comments
  • 5 answers
Private message

Youi controls your credit deductions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have two vehicles due for insurance renewal.
Obtained quotes from Youi and the price was good. However when I asked for details to make the payment The supervisor advised the only form of payment is via direct debit from my nominated credit or debit card. I advised I wanted to do a bank transfer rather than provide a credit card which Youi could access at any time especially when renewal came due which did not allow me to review the renewal rate I would be charged. No was the answer only means of Youi insuring the vehicles was as detailed.
I wonder how many people give this due consideration that they no longer control the renewal process and that Youi simply debits the nominated card with no reference to the insured person.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Quote process was really horrible...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I went through Youi’s quote process a few months back and it was really straightforward and efficient. The lady who helped me at the time understood my needs and understood that I was requesting a QUOTE. She sent me an email of the quote and that was that. Easy, amazing and couldn’t fault her service.

This time however... like last time I went through the website to request a quote. Minutes later, I get a call from one of the phone reps. Through a series of questions to “tailor” my quote, he was quite effervescent and outgoing - and wanted to get to know “me” as a person. Anyway, fast forward past the questions, I receive a quote for the policy I’m interested in. He proceeded with the process of purchasing the policy and explained about how to pay over the phone, etc. This confused me a little because I initially thought the call was simply for a quote not to commit to a policy. As a result, I kindly explained to him that I intended only for a quote so I could think about and consider all my options.

He suddenly became extremely, albeit unnecessarily, aggressive about my apprehension to readily committing to the policy. I was merely asking for a quote not asking to buy insurance straightaway, as I wanted to consider all my options before making a decision. He kept interrupting with the stock standard phrase, “I understand where you are coming from but...” in a condescending manner. Well, needless to say, I’m pretty sure he wasn’t empathising with my situation, but merely trying to coerce me to fulfil sales KPIs. I’m really disappointed with this experience and to be honest, scarred by the aggressive (and honestly, rude) behaviour of the phone representative. Whilst at first I was excited to learn more about Youi’s policies and perks, I think I want to run away as fast as possible from this company. Beware.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Very Expensive Quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Quoted me about $6500 for third party insurance when I have a clean record (not including fire and theft). Bought from a competitor who quoted approximately $550.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Underwriting is all about statistics to better understand the risks involved Sam. As price is based on this, it’s tricky to find a winning offer for all. Still, I can appreciate your decision given... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Got tricked into giving them my number then kept receiving calls

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Went to obtain a quote for motorcycle insurance online. It said we can call you instead, and I declined, as I was only looking at prices and not seriously inquiring.

Afterwards it said to show the quote that they needed to send a pincode to my mobile for verification; I entered my number. Then it said that they couldn't give me a quote, and for the next three days they continued to try to contact me before I blocked the number.

They dishonestly obtained my phone by pretending to need to send me a pincode.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Joshua, I get it you were after an online quote. We do call to finish off a quote, so we can tailor make a quote for you. I get this isn’t your cup of tea, in a crowded insurance market we do pr... read more »

Geelong

Verified Customer

Very Expensive quote - 3 times anwhere else

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Car insurance was up for renewal, so went to Youi online quote only to find out that they call you back, ask all the questions again and then more and then get a quote 3 times dearer than my current insurer, and other quotes I got. That was a huge waste of time.

In fact the Youi quote was more than I paid for the car! When I queried with the girl on the phone, all I got was that is what the computer says.

Probably best try another car insurance company, wouldn't recommend.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We are a little different & call for a more personalised service Fordt150. Often our tailored process gets great results, sadly, this isn’t the case for all as price is based on risk. Car value is ... read more »

Brisbane

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great company until making a claim!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

We used Youi due to the savings we were going to make compared to our regular insurer. Initially Youi seemed great, so as policies have expired we have gradually transferred our houses - both rental and home and our cars over. However, we have recently had to make a claim and that’s where Youi fail, I have to say they have been the worse company I’ve ever dealt with from rude untrained staff, to being given false information. The worst thing was that after being told the old policy would just be transfer over to our new car, they cancelled the policy costing us more money! The day prior to collection of the car they called to make sure we wanted the policy to transfer over, but unfortunately I was unable to get to the phone at the time, when I called them back 25 mins they had taken upon themselves to cancel the whole policy ‘because they couldn’t get hold of me’. When investigating further the time between them making the call and cancelling the policy was 3 mins!!!! Come on Youi surely you can do better than that!! Needless to say Youi have lost our business and that of all our family members too - remember people, you pay for what you get - Alliance just can’t be beaten for their service.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

John, your comments concern me & it is important I look into the service you received during your claim & the cancelation of your policy. Please email michelles@youi.com with your policy or claim no. & I will be in touch. Thanks Michelle

Thank you Michelle, but I’ve spent far too much time on this now, you guys messed up, but the outcome will remain the same. Kind regards John

Youi Official

Thanks for your response John. I’m here to review your concerns independently. If you change your mind, you have my details, so I will leave it with you. Thanks Michelle

Insurance claim made

Expensive and slow repairs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

More expensive than RAC. It took 5 weeks for minor repairs and they didn't bother to give me updates. Everytime I rang it it was gonna be another week. Also excess is over the top.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Mum, cheers for your comments. I hear you & it can be frustrating when repairs take longer than advised. There can be many reasons for this including parts delays, workloads amongst many others.... read more »

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 30 helpful votes
Private message

Happy to be in your next commercial and expose how expensive you are

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

These ads are rubbish. I have a clean driving history, no claims except a windscreen. Youi was the most expensive option every time. Every time I see one of you ads I cringe.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Andy, I’m sorry to hear our ads aren’t your cup of tea. Insurers rate risk differently & cover can vary. Still, thanks a bunch for giving us a go & is there anything further I can assist you with? Cheers Koppo

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Too expensive, no online quote, total waste of time on the phone to get a quote.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

You have to call them to get a quote! no online quote like other companies. The process was long and at the end it was much too expensive compare to other well known companies.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I get it’s different to what you were expecting Av.vs. By having a chat we’re able to answer any Q’s you may have & explain what we can offer in cover. Granted, this will differ between insurers & ... read more »

• 1 answer
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Waste of time: Painful long quote experience only to be $300 more than my current insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

Every year at renewal time I give Youi the benefit of the doubt due to their advertisements saying how much money you can save. Tried to get a rough online quote but before you even get an idea of price they call and take 15 minutes to go through everything word for word that I just filled in online. Didn't listen to my answers. How many times did I say I'm the only driver and no one will be using it. Asked the question 3 different ways and was surprised at my frustration. Then finally I get to the end, listen to the long product disclosure spiel and then get a quote $300 more than my current provider and $200 more than 4 other providers I got online quotes with.
Complete waste of my time and will not bother trying again. She was so rude and was not surprised to hear they were more expensive. Forget it!

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi MissV37, I’m sorry for your experience. We pride ourselves on awesome service here at Youi & it sounds like we’ve fallen short. We do prefer to speak to you over the phone & this way we can tai... read more »

Berwick

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Dont switch to Youi

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

My claim no. 28173109. I have switched from AAMI to Youi recently and it is proving to be worst mistake ever. I strongly believe that i was misled by insurance provider. Plus no efforts were made to resolve my request. Very poor service.

Brisbane

Private message

Youi suck you in with a cheap price and then raise it continually

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

We've been with Youi for 8 years. We started with one car and house contents, and then increased to cover two cars, building and contents.

At first we thought they were great. They ask questions for about an hour on the phone about every single detail you can possibly imagine... and their price was quite a bit cheaper than the competitors.

Admittedly we became complacent... and each year when they renewed the policy, we'd barely glance at the email and they just automatically deducted the money from our bank. We hadn't noticed until recently, when we had received a confusing message from them, that they had increased our premiums again and again and even though a couple of years ago we changed from comprehensive to third party, fire and theft - they were charging us more in premiums than the replacement value for the car!

They basically completely justified the amounts and said that they always informed us of changes - and wouldn't even acknowledge the fact that the car was now insured for more than it was worth without our direct consent.

The moral of the story is to always check the emails carefully before they take the money out. We have multiple policies, plus all the other insurances we pay, like health, pet, etc... so we had trusted them and become complacent in checking. They get you in at a low price and gain your trust, before shafting you later.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

It’s true, as costs increase, so too will the Insurance renewals & by how much will depend on the individual risk profile. It’s a common misconception that Insurance should automatically go down a... read more »

Worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

They don't give you a quote without giving your last name and email address. You go to the website to inpute some details and you think you will get quote instead u get a call from unprofessional person and not even a quote it is a joke

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

It’s true, our quotes are detailed Bach & I understand your uncertainty with any stray from the norm. The info you provide forms part of your actual Insurance contract (Policy) once you agree to p... read more »

Insurance claim made

Best people to chat to and its easy and cheap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

I have just joined but im very happy already at the awesome rate and easy people to chat with, it was so quick and easy to get this done and affordably. Kind regards Amie

Sydney

Train staff better

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I had been involved in an accident and called Youi to see if there was any assistance I could get form my insurance policy. Upon calling I was advised that my payment had lapsed for a few months period, which voided YOUI's ability to assist me in my accident.

All this had already been explained to me thoroughly on the call that I had initiated with your customer service team, as such I saw no reason to engage in further conversation with your staff regarding this matter.

Later in the day, i received a call from your company, this i realised was the second attempt to call me, as i had missed the first call. The call was from a manager, calling to unprofessionally interrogate me about why I hadn't made the payment for a few months. The tone of this call was as if a mother talking down to a child!! I had to explain to the 'manager' that I had a lot of things going on that required my attention at the time, that made me not realise the payment had been delayed. This call was made not to offer any solution whatsoever, only to exercise a completely INAPPROPRIATE tone and conversation with me. I explained that I would resolve the situation on my own, as YOUI was unable to assist due to the failed payments, to which, this 'manager' responded "yeah...." in a rude dismissive tone.

What was the point of this call?

i have worked in customer service call centre situations for many years, and have NEVER heard of any of my managers or colleges making the effort to actually make a call to a customer, to offer NO SOLUTION, and simply exercise a rude tone, and to ask unnecessary questions from. This is severely unprofessional.

As I was already aware that I would need to pay out of pocket for the damage of my accident, you can imagine i was not in the best mood processing this. What do you think the point or the effect of such a call is? what was the goal of YOUI in INITIATING this conversation?

I would suggest that you as a company really study your motivations and practices in customer service and customer experience. Perhaps its time you caught up with the vision and goals of what a customer service team is expected to offer in all other companies. Perhaps its time you invested in better training of your staff on idea customer experience practices.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I’m sorry for the experience Niyasha, generally a manager would call because it was requested, so I’m not sure why this was done. I’m keen to find out though & review this call, please message me t... read more »

OA17096138

Not good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Lots of question and at the end pop up the page to let me know they will give me a call but what I'm gone to do block them and no more to waste my time.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

By asking more questions we can tailor the policy to you & hopefully save you some $$. Sorry it didn’t work for you Hamed, still we’re grateful you gave us a go. Cheers Josh

• 1 review
  • 8 helpful votes

Expensive and complicated

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

My experience with Youi was much the same as all the other negative reviews.
I rang to see if I could get a quote for home / contents insurance, a quote that would be cheaper than the insurer I currently use. Actually it's an insurer I've used for 20 years or more. I felt a sense of loyalty to stick with them, but with the Youi adverts on TV, I thought that I might really save some hard earned dollars. It felt promising.

So I started my online enquiry, expecting like other reviewers have said here, to get a pop-up box on my screen displaying a quote. Instead, withing 60 seconds I get a phone call, which I did not expect, from Youi. He was a friendly bloke - although I found him a bit schmoozy and over friendly. Said he was working from home in Brisbane. So we begin....everything I answered online, I had to re-answer. The quiz and questions became very complex. I was unable to answer many of them about the structure/materials/dimensions/etc etc of my home because I did not know exactly. I said, Mate, I live IN my home - I didn't build it! I'm a female with no building construction knowledge, it's a trade I didn't fancy taking on.
Anyway, we muddled through and to my shock, the end quote was $400.00 more than I was already paying AND would be more if I wanted to add this or that option. Also the add-on options were very confusing.

Overall, it was a very lengthy, complicated process to get a quote. Too many details, too many questions. Actually, I felt like I was being interrogated for murder.

We spent almost an hour on the phone, just listening to all the insurance drivel made me tired and I lost complete interest. Thanks but no thanks. I realise insurance is a complicated business, calculating everything and all the risk assessments - but your premiums are not competitive and the process not user-friendly. I felt I'd be conned a bit, putting all my personal details online then getting an unexpected phone call too. If I wanted a phone quote I would have rung in the first place. In the end I hung up on the guy, who started to get a bit pushy for a sale.

Hence, I decided to stay with my insurer who is not pushy and is very competitive, and doesn't ask me a million in depth unanswerable questions.

Also I am wondering if many of your 5 STAR ratings on here are Youi employees, who are trying to keep the Youi review rating above 4 stars. The reviews are all very similar and a bit pumped up. A bit over the top about service, and savings.
Sorry - I found Youi misleading, complicated and would not recommend.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Firstly, thanks for giving us a shot Blaike, I know it’s a detailed process & might be very different to what you’re used to. We call when you start a quote online to offer a more personalised serv... read more »

• 1 review
  • 7 helpful votes

Deceptive practices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I went online to get a quote for car insurance following the prompts and before I knew it they were calling me in order to finalize my quote - not what I asked for! They kept ringing until I texted them to stop . They then email a quote through offering a low price which when you try to accept it magically increases by $100 though no assumptions or conditions have changed from my first submission . Truly deceptive , and trying to email for a response ? Forget it !!!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

It’s not our intention to have you feeling this way & we understand a phone call is not for everyone. The idea behind it is to make a connection. We feel, by having a conversation, asking more ques... read more »

• 1 review
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Way overpriced comprehensive car insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Youi's advertising how much they saved their customers turned out to be totally false in my case!
My late model Mercedes would cost $595.00 MORE with Youi than with AAMI! and I have an exemplary driving record, don't use a hands-on mobile phone and have a maximum no-claims bonus.
When I asked the representative WHY, he said the only reason he could think of was that I live in the Manly NSW district which has high traffic volumes. In other words, he didnt know why.
It pays to check thoroughly the advertised claims made by Car Insurers!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I’m sorry we couldn’t win your business Trevor. We ask questions to help us understand the risk & this goes to calculating the premium. You’re right to assume that the representative would not unde... read more »

MEL

Over priced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Guys please do your homework, they over charge things and ask so many questions as if they will make the quotation very low for you... But woh its over the hedge. Got same thing much more less in quotation from others.

1 of 289 pages