Filter By:

I haven't had to make a claim yet, but every time I call to change a policy or address I experienced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I have been a member of Youi since 2013. Not once have I had bad service, it's this, more than the savings, which keep me with Youi.

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Got tricked into giving them my number then kept receiving calls

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Went to obtain a quote for motorcycle insurance online. It said we can call you instead, and I declined, as I was only looking at prices and not seriously inquiring.

Afterwards it said to show the quote that they needed to send a pincode to my mobile for verification; I entered my number. Then it said that they couldn't give me a quote, and for the next three days they continued to try to contact me before I blocked the number.

They dishonestly obtained my phone by pretending to need to send me a pincode.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Joshua, I get it you were after an online quote. We do call to finish off a quote, so we can tailor make a quote for you. I get this isn’t your cup of tea, in a crowded insurance market we do pr... read more »

Happy with Youii

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Have been with Youii for years and bought a new car and changed over the insurance from my existing policy to another one and James was very helpful. Thankyou

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes

Expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Customer Service is very good, responsive. But getting quote is sometimes annoying as they have to call you even when it is 9 PM.
I was with Youi for more than a year, then they increased the policy. I decided to switch over and able to find other insurers with almost half price.

Also, during my first quote, I did mention to the agent that I am going to move to new address in two weeks. She said it is ok and the policy will remain the same with no extra cost and she happy to update my address. I purchased the policy. But after I moved I noticed She had only updated my billing address and not the residential address. When I tried to update the address myself I had to pay extra for it.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I’d like to help & learn more Arthur as you’ve mentioned some concerning points. We have guidelines for appropriate hours of contact & when changing an address, this could present more/less risk so... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Youi Roadside Assist

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Unfortunatelly my car broke down, had to use Roadside assist. Phone operator Kym was really helpful, towing shoed up in less than 20 min. Towing guy Benjamin from Simmo`s was very friendly and caring. Couldn`t have better experience even in this bad situation.

Brisbane

YOUI go the extra mile!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

We switched to YOUI just over 5 years ago and saved over 58% off our premium and for all of those year we have always had great service!
We had a small car accident and when I called YOUI the staff were so helpful and the car was fixed within the week!
So for us - YOUI are great and do go the extra mile!

Geelong

• 7 helpful votes

Very Expensive quote - 3 times anwhere else

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Car insurance was up for renewal, so went to Youi online quote only to find out that they call you back, ask all the questions again and then more and then get a quote 3 times dearer than my current insurer, and other quotes I got. That was a huge waste of time.

In fact the Youi quote was more than I paid for the car! When I queried with the girl on the phone, all I got was that is what the computer says.

Probably best try another car insurance company, wouldn't recommend.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We are a little different & call for a more personalised service Fordt150. Often our tailored process gets great results, sadly, this isn’t the case for all as price is based on risk. Car value is ... read more »

Private message

Great experience with consultant.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

I have just signed for comprehensive insurance today Friday 30 November 2018, my insurance starts Saturday 1 December 2018.
Looking forward to being insured with Youi.

Durack

• 2 helpful votes

Annoying questions

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Just wanted to get a online quote but get called up by a sales member with annoying questions that are nearly are all the same it takes nearly 20mins , luckily they are cheap

Comments
Youi Official

We understand a phone call is not for everyone & sorry to have annoyed you Bob. We feel, by having a conversation, asking more questions, allowing you to ask us questions, there will be higher chan... read more »

Wollongong

Saved a ton!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

In comparison to other insurance companies, Youi gave me the best price for the car insurance I wanted, with quick response times and the most friendly customer service I have experienced. Thank you, Youi!

Wollongong

Great support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I was shopping for a cheaper policy and Harper supported me with a lot of knowledge and patience to clarify all my questions.

Murrsy Bridge

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I've only just switched to Youi so I'm new to them. But the guy i spoke to about car insurance was great, he was friendly and explained things well, so it's been good so far.

Private message

Amazing Service & Just so Easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

The Youi staff are always quick to help and find the best deal for you. They have an amazing team, nothing is too big or too small. I am currently on my provisional licence and I was super surprised at how affordable their insurance was! I feel protected should anything happen to me or my car. The Youi team is truly amazing.

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great company until making a claim!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

We used Youi due to the savings we were going to make compared to our regular insurer. Initially Youi seemed great, so as policies have expired we have gradually transferred our houses - both rental and home and our cars over. However, we have recently had to make a claim and that’s where Youi fail, I have to say they have been the worse company I’ve ever dealt with from rude untrained staff, to being given false information. The worst thing was that after being told the old policy would just be transfer over to our new car, they cancelled the policy costing us more money! The day prior to collection of the car they called to make sure we wanted the policy to transfer over, but unfortunately I was unable to get to the phone at the time, when I called them back 25 mins they had taken upon themselves to cancel the whole policy ‘because they couldn’t get hold of me’. When investigating further the time between them making the call and cancelling the policy was 3 mins!!!! Come on Youi surely you can do better than that!! Needless to say Youi have lost our business and that of all our family members too - remember people, you pay for what you get - Alliance just can’t be beaten for their service.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

John, your comments concern me & it is important I look into the service you received during your claim & the cancelation of your policy. Please email michelles@youi.com with your policy or claim no. & I will be in touch. Thanks Michelle

Thank you Michelle, but I’ve spent far too much time on this now, you guys messed up, but the outcome will remain the same. Kind regards John

Youi Official

Thanks for your response John. I’m here to review your concerns independently. If you change your mind, you have my details, so I will leave it with you. Thanks Michelle

• 5 helpful votes

Expensive and slow repairs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

More expensive than RAC. It took 5 weeks for minor repairs and they didn't bother to give me updates. Everytime I rang it it was gonna be another week. Also excess is over the top.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Mum, cheers for your comments. I hear you & it can be frustrating when repairs take longer than advised. There can be many reasons for this including parts delays, workloads amongst many others.... read more »

Ningi, QLD

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Excellent Service and Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Just changed from Coles to Youi car insurance and found the customer service worth the change. No more dealing with overseas teleservice centre which is great and the price was a reduction which is even better

Private message

Perfect, hassel- free and professional.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Cost-effective, as always, but more importantly, Youi staff are clearly trained to deliver high levels of service. I was adding another vehicle to my policy.The staff member I dealt with on this occasion was courteous and friendly, but at all times considerate and professional.

excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

very quick roadside service been with youi for 5 years flat battery would recommend youi to those that asked which insurance are you with

Adelaide

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Thankyou Youi! It's so nice to talk with someone on the sunshine coast and for helping me save on my policies. I've been with Youi for three years and they've always been polite and friendly.

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 30 helpful votes
Private message

Happy to be in your next commercial and expose how expensive you are

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

These ads are rubbish. I have a clean driving history, no claims except a windscreen. Youi was the most expensive option every time. Every time I see one of you ads I cringe.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Andy, I’m sorry to hear our ads aren’t your cup of tea. Insurers rate risk differently & cover can vary. Still, thanks a bunch for giving us a go & is there anything further I can assist you with? Cheers Koppo

2 of 290 pages