Filter By:
  • 6 helpful votes

Not good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Lots of question and at the end pop up the page to let me know they will give me a call but what I'm gone to do block them and no more to waste my time.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

By asking more questions we can tailor the policy to you & hopefully save you some $$. Sorry it didn’t work for you Hamed, still we’re grateful you gave us a go. Cheers Josh

• 1 review
  • 8 helpful votes

Expensive and complicated

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

My experience with Youi was much the same as all the other negative reviews.
I rang to see if I could get a quote for home / contents insurance, a quote that would be cheaper than the insurer I currently use. Actually it's an insurer I've used for 20 years or more. I felt a sense of loyalty to stick with them, but with the Youi adverts on TV, I thought that I might really save some hard earned dollars. It felt promising.

So I started my online enquiry, expecting like other reviewers have said here, to get a pop-up box on my screen displaying a quote. Instead, withing 60 seconds I get a phone call, which I did not expect, from Youi. He was a friendly bloke - although I found him a bit schmoozy and over friendly. Said he was working from home in Brisbane. So we begin....everything I answered online, I had to re-answer. The quiz and questions became very complex. I was unable to answer many of them about the structure/materials/dimensions/etc etc of my home because I did not know exactly. I said, Mate, I live IN my home - I didn't build it! I'm a female with no building construction knowledge, it's a trade I didn't fancy taking on.
Anyway, we muddled through and to my shock, the end quote was $400.00 more than I was already paying AND would be more if I wanted to add this or that option. Also the add-on options were very confusing.

Overall, it was a very lengthy, complicated process to get a quote. Too many details, too many questions. Actually, I felt like I was being interrogated for murder.

We spent almost an hour on the phone, just listening to all the insurance drivel made me tired and I lost complete interest. Thanks but no thanks. I realise insurance is a complicated business, calculating everything and all the risk assessments - but your premiums are not competitive and the process not user-friendly. I felt I'd be conned a bit, putting all my personal details online then getting an unexpected phone call too. If I wanted a phone quote I would have rung in the first place. In the end I hung up on the guy, who started to get a bit pushy for a sale.

Hence, I decided to stay with my insurer who is not pushy and is very competitive, and doesn't ask me a million in depth unanswerable questions.

Also I am wondering if many of your 5 STAR ratings on here are Youi employees, who are trying to keep the Youi review rating above 4 stars. The reviews are all very similar and a bit pumped up. A bit over the top about service, and savings.
Sorry - I found Youi misleading, complicated and would not recommend.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Firstly, thanks for giving us a shot Blaike, I know it’s a detailed process & might be very different to what you’re used to. We call when you start a quote online to offer a more personalised serv... read more »

awesome service thanks youi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

signing up was easy thanks to a lovely lady named karen, who did an amazing job explaining everything to me.

Exceptional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I spoke to 2 friendly and very helpful staff and I highly reccomend Youi for all your insurance needs.

Perfect service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Youi is a Great competitive company that is Client orientated with Excellent customer service. I Felt very welcome and at ease

Deceptive practices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I went online to get a quote for car insurance following the prompts and before I knew it they were calling me in order to finalize my quote - not what I asked for! They kept ringing until I texted them to stop . They then email a quote through offering a low price which when you try to accept it magically increases by $100 though no assumptions or conditions have changed from my first submission . Truly deceptive , and trying to email for a response ? Forget it !!!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

It’s not our intention to have you feeling this way & we understand a phone call is not for everyone. The idea behind it is to make a connection. We feel, by having a conversation, asking more ques... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Good service could be cheaper

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

New to youi with car insurance
Great phone service, although i didnt save money i took the two policies out

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Way overpriced comprehensive car insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Youi's advertising how much they saved their customers turned out to be totally false in my case!
My late model Mercedes would cost $595.00 MORE with Youi than with AAMI! and I have an exemplary driving record, don't use a hands-on mobile phone and have a maximum no-claims bonus.
When I asked the representative WHY, he said the only reason he could think of was that I live in the Manly NSW district which has high traffic volumes. In other words, he didnt know why.
It pays to check thoroughly the advertised claims made by Car Insurers!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I’m sorry we couldn’t win your business Trevor. We ask questions to help us understand the risk & this goes to calculating the premium. You’re right to assume that the representative would not unde... read more »

Changed my car insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Was pleasantly surprised by the saving I've got by changing and what was included as normal in my policy conpared to the company I had been loyal too for 28 years with worth doing your sums people I should of done mine sooner.

MEL

Over priced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Guys please do your homework, they over charge things and ask so many questions as if they will make the quotation very low for you... But woh its over the hedge. Got same thing much more less in quotation from others.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

a pleasure to deal with as well as being competive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

it was a pleasure to deal with the staff member I encountered and the patience she showed in explaining things to me.

Torquay

Bizarre

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Decided to purchase insurance but wanted to get a few website quotes. Youi was my last port of call.

Filled out all the information, gave my email and phone number. Was expecting a quick quote in a pop up window. Instead I was told I'd be contacted via phone shortly. The Lady on the phone couldn't give me a quote until I did a 10 minute questionnaire with her (yes 20 minutes after I'd already filled in all the necessary information on line). I refused and ended the call.

Got an email about 90 minutes later with my quote, which was comparatively expensive. More than double what I got from budget direct. My premium was $900 with Youi but $600 with budget direct.

Definitely wouldn't recommend signing up with Youi.

Extremely satisfying

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

1st time using Youi, saved $100 on previous policy, service by Michele was simple & easy to follow.
I will consider contents insurance in the future.

Verified Customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Just switched to Youi car insurance and saved $200 on my previous insurer. Service over the phone was super friendly and professional. The thing I love the most though is when I phone Youi I have never had to listen to really bad on hold music! Straight through to a real person. Just like the old days! Now I’m thinking of changing all my other insurance policies across to Youi.

Canberra

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Landrover third party insurance same as comprehensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Changed to youi after a bad experience with another company. Friendly call centre, never had to claim though. Went to ensure another car, third party was the same price as comprehensive (almost $2k). They were unable to tell me why a small it was a back end thing. Unfortunately I had to change companies to one that charged $300 for the same thing. Shame as I had three vehicles with them.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

The best value car insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I have had YOUI motor vehicle insurance for my own vehicle for over 6 years now and I have just changed over the insurance for my wife's vehicle from Suncorp and saved over $400!. I also have my home & contents insurance with YOUI and they are the most competitive company in the market.

I can’t believe I didn’t make the call to Youi earlier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I’m so happy that I decided to give Youi a call to compare my car insurance with Suncorp. In a single call I’ve saved myself over $500 per year! Stoked is a total understatement! I couldn’t be happier with this outcome!

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Got a quote from youi. After 20 minutes on the phone I got a quote that was $320 more expensive than my current insurance and would have insured my car for $7000 less! What a joke. Read the fine print and ask plenty of questions if you're dealing with this lot

wonderful service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

This is my fourth policy with Youi. Even the car salesman was impressed, said it was one of the quickest and easiest Policy he had seen done with such a professional attitude but never losing that human touch and keeping a sense of humour at the same time.

Sooooo helpful!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

When I realised that I had run out of 3rd party insurance I phoned Youi and went through the process of getting a quote. Kirsty was so helpful, patient, professional and even laughed at my jokes! We actually did a comparison with the pdf of another insurer and I realised that Youi actually covered more even though initially more expensive. Happy customer and I signed up then and there.

5 of 289 pages