Filter By:
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer

First time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

First time to try Youi and exceeded my expectations for phone quotes. Christine and Kyndel were highly friendly, polite and warmth. They know how to win customers. Price is somehow within ok to a little bit dearer but covers all that I will need.

Ocean Grove

• 4 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Slippery as eels

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Have been a multiple policy holder for a few years without a claim. When my wife lost a piece of jewellery recently we made a claim. However Youi managed to wriggle out of any obligation because of unclear phrasing of the conditions. I had policies totalling several thousand dollars, and the claim was for about $1000, but they would not honour the policy. I have since cancelled all my insurances with them and gone back to AAMI who have always treated us honestly and fairly.
Youi were also very aggressive when chasing us to switch over to them, up to 5 calls a week, but fobbed us off when the going got tough.
Beware of the way Youi price their policies...it seems cheap, but you'll find that the coverage is less than acceptable, and the fine print holds a lot of loopholes for them to reneg on their commitment to the consumer.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

PREMIUMS almost TRIPLE competitors!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

To complete your online quote for Home and Contents insurance, you have to submit your mobile phone number. Someone rings you straight back and then spends 20+ minutes asking a whole series of questions many of which you already filled in or which you would normally complete as part of an online quote! Then they leave you on hold whilst they supposedly work out a price???? This is a very annoying, frustrating and inefficient process which obviously has to be recovered through their premiums...... Which are DOUBLE to nearly TRIPLE for identical cover. Believe me, I'm not making this up. I received quotes from all the major players..QBE, Allianz, Suncorp, CGU and the prices ranged from $1250 to $1850....YOUI's price....$3,500!!!!
This is not a typo..I repeat this is not a typo!!! I asked the very sweet sounding and charming young saleswoman if this was some sort of joke and could she check her figures in case she had made some mistake but she was adamant that this was the price and could not explain why it was so far out of the ball park that it was laughable! Whichever company you choose, do yourself a favour and see how they fared with Banking Royal Commission.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very helpful and best coverage for my car and home.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

2 Years ago I changed to YOUI. It was an easy transition with very helpful and knowledgeable staff to assist with the process. Initially I only had car cover, now I also have house contents.

Gold Coast

Youi Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

3 years & so has my son they are very good to deal with very happy will stay with them for a long time

Doveton / Melb ourne

Private message

Saved Money treated like a Human being and not like a Robot.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Just today 4/12/16 nice to speak to some-one taking the time to talk you through all the Mumbo jumbo mine-field Insurance Policy.Thank.s Jordy from The Gold Coast have a nice Day Hey have My Car Insurance with Youi since 27/11/18 today 4/12/18 signed up with Youi contents and House Insurance thanks.

Waikiki

Private message

I now have all my insurance policies with Youi.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

This is the second policy I have switched to Youi, much cheaper than other companies, staff are excellent and very helpful and you get the added perks of Youi dollars. Couldn't be happier.

First time to be insured

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Just signed up for home and contents. Never been insured for anything in my life. Its the cheapest and easiest to deal with. And saved $400+ compared to other insurance places. Special thanks to Bill. Hopefully never have to make a claim but if I do hope it’s as good as the service I received :)

Easy and helpful service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

I just joined but good savings, easy to set up, really helpful staff happy I switched. Looking forward to saving more via the app

Excellent service and policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

I have had a number of policies over the last 5 years. They have always been good and the service excellent

Very helpful and great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

2years and 10 with my old one love how you I explain it all and work with you for the best deal

very simple great people on the phone (Australians) easy to understand quick efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

car insurance 2 month and home insurance start in a month but all seems easy and very tempting to joyn, has a quite good reputation.

How nice to talk to someone who takes the time to explain everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

I have just converted to YOUI.
I was pleased with the amount of time, patience & information they were able to provide.

Verified Customer

YouI has great people that work for the clients

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I have been insured with Youi for 10 years, whenever a small problem has come up it is always sorted in a timely manner by lovely staff, that really couldn't be more helpful. Thank you and I hope to have another good 10 years.

First Contents insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

This is the first insurance company I have been with and the prices quoted were much less than I expected.
I would recommend

Ideal..no match

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

Almost 4 years
Awesome customer service
Best value for money
I have two policies at the moment
Look forward same in future

Maitland

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Great service for updating policies,always promt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

WE have been with Youi for over 7 years now,they just recently got my business for our motorcycle as well,in saying all this,we have never made a claim at all,and if you want the 4 x 4 market you will need to have a good look at some of the opposition insurers,one in particular,so in saying that,Youi have all but 1 of our current policies.

Lauren was so helpful and got the best price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

This is the first time I have had a insurance policy with Youi and I would definitely recommend them to friends and family. Lauren was so helpful and told me everything I needed to know. I also managed to save over $400 a year on my landlords policy. Thank you Lauren.

Mike Jarvie is a legent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Only just signed up with youi having previously not having any insurance. Mike Jarvie is an excellent consultant and was great from providing further information to every single question I had all the way through to arranging a time in my schedule to finish the quote. Looking forward to many years of service with Youi.

• 4 helpful votes

Rude Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Rang up to get a simple quote and spent 30 mins on the phone to them. Towards the end of the conversation it went sour and he got extremely sooky that I wouldn't sign up. I'm unsure if there cover is good but I got a better quote anyway, apparently the $650 i was quoted annually was unheard of though.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Service is our No.1 & our mission is to leave you with a smile every time Luke & I'm sorry we didn't on this occasion. Our quote process & pricing does work well for many, still we get it doesn’t w... read more »

1 of 46 pages

Good morning! I'm after contents insurance for a three bedroom home. I have the usual furnishing and approximately $40K worth of art? How much would it cost to insure?

Daryl WM asked on Nov 16, 2018

Answer this

Hi Daryl & thanks for your question. To be able to provide you with a quote, we’d need more information, for example, the location of your home, & the security etc. The premium is calculated on how we see the risk so we won’t know the premium before we receive the answers. You can start the quote online if you wish here https://www.youi.com.au/home-insurance or you can call 1300225975 to talk to a real person - Jeremy

if someone's house is insured for say $500,000 and it burns down and all is lost. Do you payout the entire $500,000 or does market value come into play? Secondly does the land value come off that $500,000 I am asking because I have had a very bad experience recently with business insurance and am now wondering how home insurance is assessed. Bad experience was not from your company

Trevglenda asked on Sep 28, 2018

Hi Trevglenda,
A great question & I’m sorry for whatever your experience was for your business insurance.
With Youi, we offer a “Sum Insured” type policy for our Building cover where you nominate the “sum insured”, the cost to rebuild your home. Land value is not included as it isn’t included in our cover. The property market value isn’t a factor either as you’re being covered to have the home re-built, not a new property purchased elsewhere.
If you made a claim & the entire home had to be rebuilt, we would need to rebuild your home to how it was prior to the incident, UP TO the sum-insured value that you selected. So, if you had a small 1-bedroom shack insured for $900k & if we could rebuild it for $200k, we would rebuild it for $200k. At the other extreme, if you had 10-bedroom stone castle & you chose a sum insured of only $200k, perhaps that wouldn’t be enough to adequately rebuild it to its former glory.
Have I answered your question? – Jeremy

In simple terms, lets say your house would cost $500,000 to build and the land value was $380,000, total $880,000. You need to take in to account debris removal and disposal after an incident of total loss. This, depending where the house is located can cost from $75,000 to $200,000 on average. Then there's the services like gas and electricity. Allow another $10,000. The worst thing you can do is under insure as insurers have an "Under Insurance" clause that can penalise you. So, $500,000 to build (rebuild) - at that value probably, allow about $150,000 for debris and disposal and $10,000 for services. Total insured $660,000 (guide only). Always best to get a professional to value a rebuild after damage as theres too many variables.

Hey Youi just a few questions: 1. What is Youi's policy and procedure in relation to managing a claim to conclusion in a timely fashion (e.g. from the royal commission, the Box Hill customer appears to have waited a long time to get her claim resolved while the Cannonville QLD customer's claim is still to be resolved)? 2. What is Youi's policy and procedure for maintaining its approved supplier list (e.g. from the royal commission, the Box Hill customer had a builder that appeared to be operating in breach of the laws and was not replaced to resolve the Box Hill customer's issue and also, that builder's work was not checked after having been "completed")? 3. When we take out home and contents insurance with Youi, are we required to maintain our home to meet the latest building code, law or regulation?

Concerné asked on Sep 19, 2018

Answer this

Great questions "Concerne", but I will leave Youi to answer those. One thing I will give you a tip on is question 3. Whilst your home should always comply with relevant building codes at the time of building, repairing or renovating, there's really nothing that I'm aware of that enforces owners to modify homes as codes change EXCEPT: if you become a landlord, i.e.: rent/lease/share/whatever and you have a legal tenant. There are a number of precedents in courts where the landlord has been found in breach of their "duty of care" to a tenant if the property has code faults. Equally, the managing agent has been found liable as well. A recent case was where a person cut their hand severely on front door glass. The court found the glass did not comply with the building code and the tenant was awarded over $800,000 in compensation. I wonder if Youi would cover anyone through their landlord insurance or through the legal liability cover of a contents policy if that was to be claimed against the owner, but somehow I doubt it based on your previous questions.

1) Our policies & procedures are detailed & have been significantly enhanced due to the findings of the two claims you mention & are audited regularly to ensure quality.
2) Additional steps & checks have been added to service provider requirements/quality measures, with auditing enhanced here also.
3) As a general rule, if we have assessed that your insured building was originally built to code at the time it was constructed, & the damage you’re claiming is a result of an insured event, it will be covered in full & brought up to current building standards. If it wasn’t originally built according to the building code at the time, we will consider the individual circumstances of the claim.

We are disappointed in the customer service, and the timeframe taken, in the two cases reviewed by the Royal Commission this week. We unreservedly apologise for this and will continue to work closely with these customers to settle their claims as soon as possible. We are confident the changes will further improve our customer experience, and we are committed to continuously getting better. Cheers Josh

See all 40 questions about Youi Home and Contents