Model: Queen Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Pain gone, deeper sleep!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

We purchased a Zenna mattress in January 2018 after much research and wanting a chemical free and safe option for ourselves and our kids. The first few weeks it felt a little firm (but still comfortable) and I was tossing up getting the topper to soften it. However, the bed softens in the first few months and after only one month we were we LOVING this bed. We have tried 4 different beds in the past 10 years and always the same problem, aching back, pins and needles and sore hips. Within a week all of that was gone and I wake up feeling my spine is aligned and rested. I would say I'm sleeping deeper as well as i don't wake up every time I turn over or because something hurts. Extremely happy, Jeff and Sally at Zenna were helpful and courteous every step of the way, we will be buying another one when our daughter is ready for her first single bed. Worth every penny. The 100 day return policy is also great for peace of mind. THANK YOU!

Verified Purchase Model: King Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Best mattress ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

I bought my Zenna Latex Mattress in January and have been super happy since then. I've never slept on a better bed! The mattress has shown no signs of sagging and the cover seems durable. (the latex pillows are great too)!

Verified Purchase Model: Single Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Better than expected!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I've been on the hunt to replace our families inner spring mattresses for sometime but wasn’t able to find a suitable alternative. It was important to me to find a mattress made from natural materials that was free from inner springs, foam, synthetic materials and other potential toxins. I had decided that an all natural latex mattress fitted the criteria. After looking into latex mattresses I came across Zenna. The website was a little light on the specific information I was after. So I called Zenna and was reassured that the mattresses are 100% natural latex, is manufactured at a reputable factory in Belgium, is not fumigated on arrival to Australia, and no fire retardant chemicals or glues etc used in the production. I ordered a single mattress to ‘test out’. The delivery was quick, well packaged and easy to roll out. The profile was actually higher than I was expecting and fits nicely in my sons Ikea bed base. As to be expected with latex, it is on the heavy side. Although I haven’t slept on it, it feels really comfortable and I’ll be ordering an additional single and king size. I'm very happy with this purchase, the mattress is better than expected and the price is very reasonable.

Verified Purchase Model: Queen Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Love the Zenna

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

I love my Zenna mattress. It’s the first mattress I’ve ever owned where I often say to my family “I LOVE my mattress!”

One year ago I decided it was probably time to retire my trusty 30-year-old basic inner spring mattress. This decision set me upon a search that lasted for nearly a year - until I found the Zenna.

To replace my old inner spring mattress, I first turned to a popular foam mattress-in-a box but I personally found it felt ‘plain’, I got a little hot in it and also my back began to get sore from it.

I then tried another brand of mattress-in-a-box. It was comfortable but I got even hotter in it due to its memory foam components.

I then tried an inner spring mattress from the shops being advised the springs would allow air circulation and stop heat build up. But alas, I sweated the most in this one due to the memory foam pillow top.

I truly wondered what on earth I was going to sleep on because most conventional medium/soft mattresses these days have memory foam comfort tops.

After extensive research I discovered that natural latex was a promising solution for hot sleepers.

I had slept on a synthetic latex mattress many years ago and remembered it being hot to sleep on. So I was hesitant to take the plunge but I had to try something.

Out of all the natural latex mattress options out there, Zenna was the only one that allowed a trial. So I felt confident to try and see if it would work for me.

I’m so glad I did because it solved my problem - hot sweaty nights are now a thing of the past. And it also feels great: the Zenna is springy and responsive - I describe it as my mattress loves me back. For me, the Zenna is a total winner. Even the free pillow that came with the mattress is great.

The only thing I was slightly concerned about was that the mattress is a bit thinner than other mattresses I’d tried. However, I have found that this doesn’t affect the comfort and I think it could actually be part of what allows the mattress to breathe so well - so I see it as a worthwhile compromise. Also, any thicker and it would become very heavy.

Thank you Zenna for making a great affordable product available to Australians.

Verified Purchase Model: King Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Love Zenna Mattresses

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2018

I could not believe my luck when I came across Zenna mattresses, had been looking for an economical eco friendly mattress which I thought didn't exist until I found Zenna. We love our king size mattress, ordering and delivery was super easy and quick, as it is in two parts within the bamboo cover we can flip to have different levels of firmness. It is very comfortable and feels great knowing there are no nasty chemicals. Kids have had some incidents on it :) but we can just take off the cover and chuck it in the wash. We will be getting singles for the kids asap!

Model: Single Date Purchased: Nov 2017

We LOVE our Zenna mattresses

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2018

We have multiple Zenna mattresses in our house - so easy! Order, arrives so quickly, pull it out and let it come to life - such a great mattress. For us, the real draw card is the non toxic nature of it - no mites, no mould, no springs attracting weird electrical forces etc etc. These things are so durable, and are totally supportive and comfortable and I feel so good about my kids sleeping on them. I'll be ordering more shortly!

Verified Purchase Model: Queen Date Purchased: Oct 2017

I feel better now I'm not sleeping on a toxic bed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

I started looking for a new latex mattress to improve the health of my life. We spend so much time sleeping and I wanted a toxic free, chemical free, mite free, non metal bed at a reasonable price. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I not only feel better overall, but I am sleeping better. It is the perfect firmness and very supportive all over. I have recommended Zenna to all my family ad friends.

Verified Purchase Model: Queen Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Firm and Perfect for what we were looking for.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Mattress arrived quickly and well packaged in protective wrap. Despite it's relatively small size rolled (about 60cm diameter roll for queen), it was surprisingly heavy. When we opened the wrap it expanded to about 60-70% in 1hr and about 90% in 12 hrs.
We bought the Zenna because we wanted a firm mattress with a relatively low profile and definitely don't like the sinking feeling or heat of memory foam. We think it feels great - not a night where we have been left wanting. Plus my partner has allergies so the 100% natural latex and bamboo cover are bonuses. In four months it hasn't faltered and I am confident that no depressions will appear for years to come - the same cannot be said for a spring mattress! We previously had a well known swedish-flagged mattress and that showed strong depressions after a couple of years which we suspected had been linked to some back problems we had. The mattress bamboo outer cover is relatively thick and can in fact be zipped off and appears to be machine washable.

Summary
+++ Firm, low profile, good value considering expected life-span, allergy-sensitive natural materials, machine washable cover and doesn't slip much
---- Heavy (although also a positive as doesn't slip much), more expensive than spring equivalents

Disclosure: This review was written in exchange for sending us a complimentary pillow. Nevertheless I have recommended it to family and friends before writing this review.

Verified Purchase Model: Double Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Back problems have disappeared!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I've had my Zenna mattress for about 5 months now - I purchased it after trying another popular 'mattress in a box' which had started to give me back aches due to being a bit too soft. Since I returned that mattress and swapped to Zenna my back has not been achy and I've slept really well. I tend to be a restless sleeper but find that I am waking up much less often at night with this mattress.
This mattress also appeals to me due to the safe and hypoallergenic nature of the natural latex as I get bad hayfever from dust etc in beds.

One thing to be aware of is that this mattress is a lot denser and heavier than many others due to the pure latex - we lost a few bed-slats in the transition as they couldn't handle the increase in weight (but totally worth it)!

I was worried that it might be too firm as some people have described it as such but was happy to find that it was not an issue at all.

Overall - would definitely recommend to others (and already have!)

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 2 answers
Private message

Verified Purchase Model: King Date Purchased: Oct 2017

What we hoped for - Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Our Zenna mattress has been so comfortable to sleep on from day one. We had previously used a latex mattress for 30 years, so we wanted something we hope will last as long. So far after 4 months of great sleeping our expectations of the durability might well be realized as this mattress has retained its comfort and support. We have found it very much to our liking throughout the recent hot summer nights and very enjoyable during the few cooler ones as well. Customer service was great also. All in all an excellent purchase.

Model: King Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Highly recommended. We have 2 now!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

To be completely honest I bought this mattress based on the chemical free component initially. We bought a king single for our son as we wanted a mattress that was free from as many "nasties" as possible. Zenna ticked the most boxes for us but until we received it I wasn't sure just how comfortable it would be...well let's just say I was so impressed by how comfortable it was and how well we slept on it (I usually end up in bed with our son) that we just ordered a king size for ourselves!! I highly rate this mattress and the service has been excellent as well

Verified Purchase Model: Queen Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great quality and very comfortable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

My husband and I find our Zenna mattress very comfortable. We also purchased 2 king single mattresses for our children who are really happy with them. The mattresses look and feel like they are very well made. Delivery was very quick.

Verified Purchase Model: Queen Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Perfect nights sleep

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

This mattress is fantastic. The right amount of softness which supports the entire body. Haven’t slept better in years!
I have heard people complain about hot mattresses but this one has kept me just right. Delivery was prompt and the unpacking is so easy!

Fantastic mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

The Zenna mattress turned up really quickly and was delivered by two friendly and helpful guys.

Initially I thought the Zenna mattress was too soft, but a quick flip and all is great!

I like the way it slightly molds to you but is still firm and supportive. I hadn't realised how unsuited I was to my previous mattress. I was waking up with a stiff back and stiff hips, which I had put down to ongoing issues from a cycling accident a few years back. But now I'm waking up with no stiffness at all. I wish I'd bought the Zenna Mattress years ago.

Model: Queen Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Love my Zenna!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I am beyond impressed with the purchase of my queen Zenna. So much so, that I have now also updated the mattresses in my guest room and all my guests have given the comfort factor a big thumbs up. The Zenna is comfortable and supportive and I love knowing that it is made from a natural material and does not contain harmful chemicals. My concerns prior to purchase were in relation to latex mattresses sleeping hot and also that the mattress would be too thin. I decided to take the leap despite my concerns and I’m glad I did. I don’t find it too hot and although being thinner than most mattresses, there is no loss to comfort and support.

There’s nothing quite like sleeping in your own bed and that is now truer than ever with my Zenna.

Model: Single Date Purchased: May 2017

Thumbs up for Zenna mattress.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

I am happy to give the thumbs up for Zenna having bought three single size latex mattresses from the company. I am completely satisfied with the product and the excellent staff service. Before buying, I thoroughly researched the product and found Zenna ticked all the boxes in what I wanted from a mattress. A latex made from environmentally friendly materials; firm back support; a good quality latex mattress at an affordable price and free delivery.
Since using the mattresses my guests and I have experienced many comfortable nights sleep.

Verified Purchase Model: Double Date Purchased: Jul 2017

This is a top product. A bit soft for me, but our visitors love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

I am very happy to let you now, this product is top of the line.
We do also have a Queen size Euro Latex mattress. We do like the firmness on this one.
But I am not knocking your Zenna Mattress.
Thank you.
Dieter.

Model: King Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Our king size Zenna mattress is great. It felt a bit firm initially, but after putting a softer topper on it, we a very pleased with our purchase. I would certainly recommend the Zenna mattress for comfort and price.

Copacabana

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Model: King Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Good support

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Good supportive mattress, a little hard initially but we got used to it quickly. Have had it for approx 4 months, don't wake up with sore back and I have an L5 back injury. A topper would be good if someone requires a little more "softness". Ordering and delivery process was hassle free. I will never buy an expensive mattress again, I have literally had them all and they aren't worth the cost. Nothing to lose as it can be returned within 3 months. Just one thing, the king is in two pieces within the cover, not one slab, i personally don't find this a problem.

Purchased at: Online Computer

Model: Single Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Excellent mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

This mattress provides all the support and comfort one could ask for, and has the special benefit of being made of a natural product. I'm very happy with it. I'm confident that it will be as good in several years time as it is now.

1 of 2 pages

King

Hi there, the website says that the Zenna mattress is “certified as 100% natural“ by the Eco Institute. However my understanding is that the Eco Institute tests whether materials meet certain thresholds e.g. for hazardous materials, pollutants and emissions. They don’t test, for example, whether the material is natural or synthetic. I’ve read a few forums which indicate that some customers have previously received mattresses from Zenna that were a blend of natural and synthetic latex so I just wanted to double check before I order. Can you please clarify what the Eco Institute certification means? Do you have any other proof that the mattresses are 100% natural latex?

Rosie asked on May 08, 2018

Answer this

Hi Rosie, thankyou for the query, the Eco-Institute DEFINITELY tests for any synthetic latex and is the world’s LEADING AUTHORITY on guaranteeing whether it is 100% Natural by testing each latex mattress and passing it as 100% Natural with a certification number reference (as per our certificate) which can be verified,

“100 % Natural Latex Core 1114 — 33337 — 001 11/2018

they would definitely not pass any latex mattress as 100% Natural if it had any synthetic latex, our raw material is 100% Natural latex sap from the rubber tree. They do also test for hazardous materials, pollutants and emissions, note that our supplier is not a small manufacturer in the industry (it is the biggest in the world) , we are also certified by OEKO-TEX CLASS 1 https://www.oeko-tex.com/en/business/certifications_and_services/ots_100/ots_100_product_classes/ots_100_product_classes.xhtml

In 2016 we sold both a blended and 100% natural latex, we soon realised that people only wanted 100% Natural, so in 2016 we discontinued the blend, since 2016 we ONLY sell 100% natural certified latex.
Verification can also be obtained directly with Latexco, the largest and most sophisticated latex factory in the world. Feel free to contact Latexco directly as well to ask about Zenna products. (info@latexco.com).

Warm Regards
Team Zenna

Bit confused by the description: "Pure European latex core with 100% natural latex... No chalks, no fillers, no chemicals, no metal used...". A few questions: 1) where can I see/touch it? 2) is there any polyester, foam etc in the quilting? 3) the bamboo fabric - what is the non bamboo composition e.g. polyester? 4) apart from 100% natural latex is there anything else in the mattress e.g. synthetic latex? 5) what is the meaning of the word "core" and "with" - why wouldn't you just say :"Pure European 100% natural latex"?, is there a reason? Thanks. Looks interesting and we need to buy one so would consider any answers.

Mebourne SE asked on Apr 24, 2018

Answer this

Thankyou for your enquiry, we will be adding some of this to our FAQ's

1) where can I see/touch it? /Apologies, we are an online only mattress..

2/3) the bamboo fabric - what is the non bamboo composition e.g. polyester? / We are happy you ask and that you are doing your due diligence properly. Many other mattress stores offer a "bamboo" or any natural fabric but actually use literally 3% or less bamboo yarn while still calling it natural. For Zenna, we wanted to make sure that the body is in direct contact with natural yarn only. You can only establish this with a natural yarn content of at least 33%. In our case, we use a knitted fabric of which the composition is 60% BAMBOO. As you may know, a knitted fabric consists of:
• a TOP yarn
• a filling yarn
• a BOTTOM yarn or so called backing.

For the Zenna mattress, Top yarn is 100% Bamboo = the layer that you touch. Part of the filling yarn is also bamboo which brings us to a total of 60% BAMBOO yarn of the complete knitted fabric (3 yarns combined). The backing is polyester yarn for the same reason as we choose the padding: to avoid shrinkage during washing.We opted for this (thin) layer of quilting to make sure the mattress still offers an outstanding micro-climate (= cool sleeping environment) while still ensuring the 10 year washability of the cover. (cold water and no spin).

Our mattress covers are certified by OEKO-TEX® CLASS 1, passed suitable for babies and children.

4) apart from 100% natural latex is there anything else in the mattress e.g. synthetic latex? / We do not use any synthetic latex
. The raw material is 100% natural latex.
Note that our supplier is not a small manufacturer in the industry (it is the biggest in the world) and they have certificates to back up this 100% natural latex claim. They offer, for example, the OEKOTEX CLASS 1 certificate as well. What this means can be found here:

5) what is the meaning of the word "core" and "with" - why wouldn't you just say :"Pure European 100% natural latex"?, is there a reason? The CORE simply means the latex block that is inside the mattress cover. Thank you for highlighting this. We are working on the website on a daily basis to make sure we are as correct and transparent as possible about our products. So allow us to confirm the following again: our product is a 100% natural latex mattress, 100% made in Europe.

Regards
Team Zenna

King Single

Hi. Is this Dunlop, Talalay or some other process - can you clarify please.

Mebourne SE asked on Apr 23, 2018

Hi, yes, it is the Dunlop process, regards Team Zenna

See all 7 questions about Zenna Mattress

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Queen King Double Single King Single
Price (RRP) $1495 $1695 $1295 $995 $1095
Size Queen King Double Single King Single
Type Latex Latex Latex Latex Latex

The main difference between these models is size