Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Better than most

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

Pretty good design and it works better than several other cleaners we have tried. I like the scrubbing action of the underside sweepers. This has helped keep our pebblecrete pool surface free of dirt and algae. Our pool catches a lot of eucalyptus leaves and some twigs, which unfortunately often choke it. On the plus side, it is easy to open and clear when this happens and to be fair, very few cleaners cope better anyway. It effortlessly climbs walls and rarely gets stuck, if it hasn't actually jammed. We've had this for about a year and haven't had to replace any parts yet, so pretty happy overall.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the review, Mike. Happy Swimming.

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Bad experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Very bad experience I don’t recommended any one to buy this product.
Stop working all the time and staying at the bottom with out any movement
Bought from local pool shop

So be careful buying this product
Very bad very bad very bad very bad......
Very bad very bad experiences ver y bad

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Your Unit would be under warranty going from the date of your Review. May I ask if you have called us for help? Thanks.

• 3 comments

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Constantly jams

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

This pool cleaner is unfit for purpose. It jams regularly on small leaves.I have tried various pump pressures without any success. I previously had a Hayward poolvac XL, which was a much better claener but was talked into replacing it with the Zodiac when the Hayward started to wear out.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

HI Andrew. Sorry to hear you have had these issues. May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team?

On experiencing the regular problems with the cleaner, I jumped onto the Zodiac website to find out how to resolve the problems. The Zodiac website nominates: "Should you have a product issue your... read more »

Canberra

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Excellent! I'm very happy with the AX10. Does a great job and even climbs walls!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Delighted with the AX10. I've been doing all the vacuuming myself since we bought the house, although there was a pump operated cleaner already there. It was a cleaner designed to look like a Humvee 4WD! Used a very power hungry pump and was useless as it never did a proper job. So when I put solar heating on, I decided to get one of these new suction cleaners. Never looked back! It was simple to install. I even went to the bother of checking the flow by measuring the wheel rotations as it said. Was bang on the default setting and I had it working in about 10 minutes. Does the pool beautifully and doesn't miss any corners! My only disappointment is that when I went to register it, I discovered a promotion for a potential $200 cash back. I tried it out and I won/earned? a $150 cash back, so was really excited, until a couple of days later when Zodiac came back and said mine was ineligible, as I bought the machine on line. I checked the T&Cs and the condition was there deep in the fine print. Very disillusioned. Why not have a form of cash back promotion for online purchases too?? I'm not in a city which is well endowed with bricks and mortar suppliers. Not happy. Although I am happy with the AX10. I would certainly recommend the machine, just not necessarily the promotions run by the Company!

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Wombat, Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Can you please Dm your email address? Thanks.

Hi, What does Dm mean please?

Direct message!

• 9 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

I do not know what to expect next

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

This product has become faulty after 5 months. The exact facts are that one of the rubber bands on one of the sides is partially coming off and blocking those wheels that should turn.
I have engaged with the company, as the product carries 2 years warranty. They have asked me for proof of purchase (but I had already registered in December in their website, hence what do they do with the data????), and so I gave it to them. All of these was done by email, but never got a reply, hence I rang and managed to talk to a person, who was helpful and told me that a new set would be sent to my home.
That is fine, but I asked if in the next 5 months it will happen again. Then I was asked if the product is left constantly in the pool, Yes, I used to have a kreepy krauly and was always in, except when we used to swim in summer.
The answer was that rubber can change if left too much in water... well, why that is not stated in the manual?
Rubber and its compound will change with temperature and alkalis or acidity levels, I understand that, I am an engineer.... how was this design in the first place and why there aren't any clear caveats in the manual??? A company would design and give 2 years warranty so every 5 months you need to ring and get a spare set of rubber bands? Something does not click here...
Sadly the product is 10 out of 10 when it works, but I have lost the trust and really do not know what to expect.
I cannot be taking the thing out of water every day, had I known this was the way the product must be used, I would have never bought it.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Richard. We can certainly appreciate that you would be concerned about your Product and the fault that you have experienced. We hope that the continued use and 10/10 performance can restore your... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Best pool cleaner I’ve ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

After reading some bad reviews, I weighed it up and went for the AX10. After setting up, I had it stop working after 5min , discovered I needed to clean the filter on the pump itself. After that the pool went from cloudy green to perfect and clear overnight. I have never had the pool look so good all the time. I wish I could upload photos before and after to show the difference. I leave the AX10 full time in the pool and only take out when we are using the pool. I believe that the most important part is to make sure you follow the instructions with setting up and you won’t have the problems that are mentioned in the bad reviews. Oh and by the way, I got my $50 back too!

Purchased at: Atlantis Pools

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thanks for the 5 start review. Glad you were able to take advantage of the Cash back offer also, Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Happy so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

Just purchased my AX10. I let it loose on a pool with a ton of leaves in it. I had to clear out blockages every few hours but it eventually got through it all and the pool looks great now. It was a tad expensive, but I think it is worth the money since it is getting in the corners and up the sides of my pool.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for stopping by and leaving this review for the AX10, Happy Swimming

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Pool floor and walls have never looked so clean!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

I manually cleaned the pool every weekend in summer and every fortnight in winter. After having the Zodiac AX10 in the pool for a week the pool has never looked cleaner. I am amazed at how well this works. I simply put the hose together put it in the pool and away it went. No mucking around at all. It climbs the walls and cleans them with no problems at all. It will sometimes get on to the steps but it will not climb up and onto the steps as it reaches the top of the step and then turns around.
Absolutely no complaints so far and it has certainly exceeded what I was expecting.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you for your 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Poor Promotional Offer T&C Details

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Having always had a Zodiac suction cleaner, the last being the T5 (which worked well) and as it requires replacement I did my research into what Zodiac had to offer as a replacement. I decided to buy the AX10 (over the phone) which is fantastic and I could not be any happier. However, Zodiac won't honour the Cashback promotional offer saying it was "Online" purchase. When contacting Zodiac I repeatedly spoken over by the Customer Service representative who was additionally very rude. The T&C's do not reference or exclude purchases may over the phone. This is poor mis-representation on Zodiac's behalf.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Stewart, We are glad to hear that the Cleaner is working well for you. If you would like to email your concerns regarding the Cashback, we can look into this further for you. Please send your details to apac.aftersales@zodiac.com - Thanks.

Please provide me with a number and name who will resolve my issue as I do not wish to get into an email debate.

Zodiac Official

Hi Stewart, There a number of staff members who look at these enquiries. All you need to do is mention this conversation and that we asked you to email and we will take it from there. Our phone is 1300 763 021, Thanks.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Easy and simple to install

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I have an irregular shaped pool (though basically rectangular in shape) with a swim out 'beach' area. Covers the pool well (especially the walls). Has not become stuck anywhere unlike the previous Creepy Crawly. Is quiet. Don't have many leaves in pool but it has stopped once or twice when it picked up a leaf - however, was easily restarted.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Ian, Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

AX10

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

A friend has had the MX8 for 6 years now, she hasn't had much trouble with it just replaced the gearbox's and tracks about a year ago so I thought I would give it a try. I found the AX10 for the same price online, Quite impressed on the size of leaves and bark it picks up, twigs are a big problem though. Lots of reviews say they are having trouble with climbing walls, if you take the time with setup ( watch YouTube ) and get the flow correct it loves to climb walls. Time will tell how good it really is, I'm quite happy so far

perth

Good...for 5 mins!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Bought an ax10 in october, up until now I've always bought cheap cleaners but this time i thought I'd go a bit more expensive thinking i would be happier...nope. It worked for about5 mins and i had a big smile on my face but then I'd started to slow, not climb the wall and then just its just stopped in the middle of the pool. A technician came out and with it being brand new just packed it up and swapped out. The new one arrived and i plugged it in on Wednesday, again, a big smile on my face. It climbed the walls, cleaned the pool, nice and quiet, lovely!!! for about 10mins, then it proceeded to stiffen up, slow down, and stop. Very disheartened, what i paid is alot of money for me. There is very little debris or sand in the pool, the suction from the pump is good, plus the ax10 is supposedly designed to run on lower suction. I was better off with the cheap ones I've previously bought, even if they were noisy, they at least lasted more than 10mins at a time. Oh, and to top it all off, the exact same thing happened to me as the review from yesme regarding the $50 cash back.

Zodiac AX10 cash back not truthful from Zodiac

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

I have purchased 3 Zodiac products over 20 years with the first one suction cleaner lasting over 17 years with replacing different bits and pieces. The 2nd one a Zodiac G2 lasted 3 years with its parts not lasting very long at all in comparison to my first Zodiac cleaner.

SO this time I went for a Zodiac AX10 which they were offering a cash back on, which does not have a suction diafram.

I purchased from my local store over the phone and said I would pick up the next day, the store sent me an email and a link to pay for the AX10 which I did. I couldn't get to the store as they close at 4pm. Picked it up the next day at 10am from the store front.

Now Zodiac don't want to pay my $50 cash back because they said I did an ONLINE store purchase which is not allowed in the T & C's. Pretty bad customer service and how many customers who buy their products will be caught out.

The only thing I did online was pay via a link which they emailed me the invoice.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Yesme, Thank you for reaching out. Could you please PM your number so we can contact you and sort this out.

Zodiac Official

Hi Yesme, just want to follow up regarding this post from a few weeks back.

Have you installed the product since posting this review? Please kindly PM your details or email apac.aftersales@zodiac.com. Regards, Zodiac.

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

ZODIAC AX10

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Our Zodiac G3 was 8 years old with some parts being replaced over that period,It was time to replace it and I wasn't certain about buying the same as what we have had or try something different. So far I am happy with the way the AX10 cleans , it also has better coverage over the G3 as the G3 had areas it would miss. I am aware the parts are much more expensive but I hope that they are not needed on a regular basis. At this stage being brand new I am happy to give it 5 stars. Ask in 2 years time?

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Zed, Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!!!

Update, The cleaner was working great until I woke up to find 1 of the tracks had come off on the weekend, I refitted it and the following day both had come off 1 wheel on each side. It feels as th... read more »

Zodiac Official

HI Zed, Sorry to hear that you had this issue. We can most certainly get this sorted for you. Could we ask that you call us on 1300 763 021 and mention we asked to call? Or you can PM your details. Thanks.

Perth

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Great product (just little costly to maintain)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Purchased mx8 before, used for around 2 years and swapped to few other brands thought I could get away with the expensive tune up kit, guess what? Those other brands gave me more headache than before, the Dolphin & Hayward were terrible & unreliable. In the end saw Zodiac have this newer AX10 which is same as mx8 with scrabbles at the bottom. very happy with the result. Highly recommended but just bare in mind you need to have tune up kit after a year or slightly more. (without the tune up kit my previous mx8 track kept coming off the wheels) And these tune up kits don't come cheap ($150-$300 depending on the parts)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

HI GGAJ, thank for your 4-star review, Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase. Happy Swimming.

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Zodiac AX10 Pool Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

I purchased a Zodiac AX10 pool cleaner in December 2016 and it is fantastic. It is a really great pool cleaner, very happy with it. I have a large above ground pool 11mtr x 5mtrs and the curve between the walls and floor is really acute, almost a right angle. The Zodiac doesn’t care and goes up the walls and down again with ease. Covers the whole pool and really does a great job. I also like the click in hoses. They don't come apart.

My pool is surrounded by trees and gets heaps of leaves so I recently purchased the in-line leaf catcher and it also does a good job.

I have had other pool cleaners before and they just haven’t been any good. Really happy with the AX10 and can recommend it to anyone.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Neil. Thank you for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

I’ve had a Zodiac 10 since 2016. The rubber cleaners have stopped spinning, suction seems to be ok. I have noticed when I lift the cleaner to the surface , and the connection piece is raised out of the water it sucks in air. Is this normal or that is where I am loosing suction??

Simon asked on Dec 29, 2018

Hi I have just bought the Ax 10 Very expensive but thought I need something reliable and dealer didn’t have creepy krauly at the time. I’m getting zero movement at all 1,2,3 settings. Pump seems to be ok as nearly sucked my finger off at the skimmer boxer inlet. Feeling dienchantered at moment as this was for a remote area property. Is there something that needs tweaking that I’m missing?

Deon C asked on Dec 02, 2018

Answer this

Hi Deon,
Tricky question as there are a number of variables. Essentially the unit in my experience is quite straightforward and really should work out of the box....BUT, it may be that you haven't put the connectors to the skimmer box together properly, making sure that you hook it up to suit the type of skimmer box you have. Frankly that's really the only thing i can think of initially. I can only suggest that you relook at that aspect and then if it still doesn't work and depending on where you purchased it, perhaps talk to the sellers, who may well be able to think outside the box.
Happy to continue the discussion if you like.
Cheers

Very strange, if you have enough pressure at the skimmer box level, as you mentioned, then is a question of setting up the plate and the valve. Sometimes they do not seat properly in place and the vacuum is not happening.
Mine is now a year old, and I had to put it on 2 as it was wearing off the rubber "tires" since it tended to climb walls a lot and the teeth of those rubber tires wear out in 8 months. Rather than that, could not tell you anything else. If the product is brand new of the box, unless is faulty then a mystery to me.

Hi. Suction Cleaners will need some adjusting time to time. Please call us! Our Customer Care Team can walk through this over the phone. Our number is 1300 763 021, Thanks!

Having Huge problems with my new AX10.....tried every single adjustment to get this thing to work with my eco pump and it just wont...i can barely get up the walls....ive taken put my cartridge and made sure its clean which didnt change a thing really. I then took the cartrigde out all together to see if perhaps it was the age of the cartridge....still no change. I have my eco pump set to clean so changed it too boost with the AD valve set to 2, still its running very slowly and cant handle the walls...ive run outta options with this bloody thing...i wish id never wasted my money on it....clearly a small eco pump isnt sufficient to run it.....id lobe to hear if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

Mlsherrell asked on Sep 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Misherrell, Sorry to hear that you are having issues. May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team?

See all 7 questions about Zodiac AX10 Activ