Review rating:

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

My new Zodiac G3 pool cleaner Leaves my old G2 for dead

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

I can't believe I didn't replace my G2 pool cleaner sooner. The new G3 pool cleaner has a robust body design that gets around my pool like no other pool cleaner I have had before. It picks up leaves and scrubs the pool as it goes. I purchase this cleaner online from Platinum Pool and Spa Centre for $399 including free shipping and it was on my door step the next day. Great work Guys and great cleaner Zodiac.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Bob!! Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We are so happy to hear this. Happy Swimming!

Cairns

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Only lasted 2 years and 5 months

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

I have just been on hold to Zodiac for the last half hour, so I am writing a review instead.
The G3 works well. It has met my expectations with regards to pool cleaning.
It has not met my expectations with regard to longevity.
I base my expectations on its predecessor, which lasted 13 years with only a skirt, a foot plate, and half a dozen valve replacements.
It has not met my expectation regarding life expectancy. After two years and five months, it is completely worn out.
The wheel on the hose is almost worn through. The skirt is see through. The body is decomposing. The foot flange has shattered.
I was willing to put up with the cassette hand nut unscrewing itself from the body. Fixed with several layers of tape to hold it in place.
This is a sad state of affairs, when the old model lasted 13 years, and the new improved model lasts 2 years and 5 months.
And no, my chlorine levels are not sky high.

Purchased at: Swimart

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Brian, Sorry to hear that you experienced a long wait time. If you would like to speak to someone, you can inbox your phone number on Facebook or PM on Product Review. We have a Customer Care te... read more »

Zodiac have agreed to replace the cleaner. No one can explain what has happened to the existing cleaner so hopefully the new one lasts longer.

Verified Purchase

Next Generation G3 Pool Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I would like to start by saying that i don't usually go out of my way to write reviews. However I believe this is worth my time. I was looking for a replacement of my existing Zodiac G2 pool cleaner when I found the Zodiac G3 (The next generation to G2 Pool Cleaner) online. After going to my local pool shop who recommended everything but a Zodiac I purchased the G3 as I was complexly happy with my previous Pool cleaner the G2. I rang and spoke with the supplier (pool and spa direct) and they were happy to explain the ins and outs of all their pool cleaners in stock. I went with the G3 as an upgrade to the G2 and have been so pleased with my purchase I have been telling everybody about it. It climbs the walls, and the whole pool floor. I have never been so happy with a pool cleaner before in my life. I don't usually buy online as I believe in local businesses but I was so disappointed in the advice and lack of options from my local pool shop which forced me do some investigation online. I am glad that I did though as i got a great pool cleaner at a great price and couldn't be happier. As explained to me by Pool and Spa Direct every pool is different and there is a pool cleaner out there for every pool and I know i found mine. I hope this review helps you in your quest for your perfect pool cleaner!

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi John, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Zodiac G3

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2015

This is the second Zodiac that I have purchased, the first one purchased over ten years ago. I have found them great and easy to use. Would recommend to anyone wanting a pool cleaner.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the review, Judy! We're glad you love your new Zodiac G3!

Our swimming pool is 15mx12m and the two skimming boxes are located at the middle of the pool three metres apart. Is Zodiac G3 adequate to clean the pool? Thanks

asked on Oct 06, 2018

Answer this

Hi, Thank you for your enquiry. Please find the specifications for the G3 -

SUITABLE POOLS

For in-ground and above ground pools (used with large deflector wheel)
All surfaces including tiles.
Supplied with 10m hose, suitable for pools up to 7M x 5M (depending on the location of skimmer box)

Here is the link to our Website to see which Cleaners may suit your pool - https://www.zodiac.com.au/products

Please call us on 1300 763 021 if you have anymore questions, Thanks!

Thanks for your quick responce.
Does it means that G3 suitable for a pool up to 14Mx5M if the location of the skimmer box is at the middle?

I have been trawling through endless pool cleaner reviews and this one appears to be the best one ever made. However, from what I can see, Zodiac have discontinued this model and replaced it with one that gets nothing but bad reviews, possibly the worst one ever made. Am I to assume that the G3 was a little bit too good and never needed replacing or is there a worthy replacement out there somewhere?

Quality-Check asked on Feb 13, 2018

Answer this

My G3 has become worn out and the housing has self destructed after 2 years and 5 months. I am about to go into battle with Zodiac.

Product Details