Review rating:

• 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Come off all the time

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Just bought few weeks ago, worked Ok but now the hose comes out all the time. Even we use a connector but it's only hold when there is suction. We had few cleaners before but never had a similar issue. We don't have time to run few times per day and connect the hose. Surely paying few hundreds dollar you will expect it works. Very disappointed with the quality. We believe we should return it back.

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

So far not impressed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

We brought this cleaner 3 weeks ago, and we spent a lot on it (around $500) as we didn't want a cheap pool cleaner that was going to give us problems. It seems like the newer barracuda stuff is being made more and more cheaply, but the price isn't going down. After 2 weeks the hose has split at the connector - doesn't bode well for longevity. I have since read numerous reviews that indicate a once-quality brand is starting to use cheaper and cheaper components. Not too sure if this is a ploy to get you to buy more expensive replacement parts, or if they are trading off what was once a quality product, and they are using cheaper and cheaper components. But initial thoughts are not that positive....

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Matt, Sorry for your experience so far. We would love to be able to get this up and running for you. Please call us on 1300 763 021 to discuss. Please obtain your suction level and water chem te... read more »

Gold Coast

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Great pool cleaner at a great price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

I purchased the Zodiac G3 pool cleaner from my Local pool shop on their recommendation. I have to say that i was a bit unsure about Zodiac pool cleaners due to some pretty average reviews I had read but the Zodiac G3 had pretty good reviews at the time I purchased it. I'm glad I trusted them though as it has been awesome from day dot. I have had it for about 3 months now and it hasn't missed a beat. It picks up the leaves and fine dust and hasn't got stuck once. After some minor adjustment on installation it has been working great. I have to say that for $399 it is value hard to beat. I recommend Platinum Pool and Spa Centre in Mudgeeraba on the Gold Coast as they are so helpful and are my Local Zodiac Dealer and recommended a freshwater pool system and this cleaner and now the sun is out it's the best investment for my pool I have made to date!
Thank you also to Product review as I always check your site for reviews before I purchase anything.
Fred

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Fred, Thank you so much for your great review, Happy Swimming!!!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

My new Zodiac G3 pool cleaner Leaves my old G2 for dead

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

I can't believe I didn't replace my G2 pool cleaner sooner. The new G3 pool cleaner has a robust body design that gets around my pool like no other pool cleaner I have had before. It picks up leaves and scrubs the pool as it goes. I purchase this cleaner online from Platinum Pool and Spa Centre for $399 including free shipping and it was on my door step the next day. Great work Guys and great cleaner Zodiac.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Bob!! Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We are so happy to hear this. Happy Swimming!

Cairns

• 1 comment
  • 10 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Only lasted 2 years and 5 months

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

I have just been on hold to Zodiac for the last half hour, so I am writing a review instead.
The G3 works well. It has met my expectations with regards to pool cleaning.
It has not met my expectations with regard to longevity.
I base my expectations on its predecessor, which lasted 13 years with only a skirt, a foot plate, and half a dozen valve replacements.
It has not met my expectation regarding life expectancy. After two years and five months, it is completely worn out.
The wheel on the hose is almost worn through. The skirt is see through. The body is decomposing. The foot flange has shattered.
I was willing to put up with the cassette hand nut unscrewing itself from the body. Fixed with several layers of tape to hold it in place.
This is a sad state of affairs, when the old model lasted 13 years, and the new improved model lasts 2 years and 5 months.
And no, my chlorine levels are not sky high.

Purchased at: Swimart

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Brian, Sorry to hear that you experienced a long wait time. If you would like to speak to someone, you can inbox your phone number on Facebook or PM on Product Review. We have a Customer Care te... read more »

Zodiac have agreed to replace the cleaner. No one can explain what has happened to the existing cleaner so hopefully the new one lasts longer.

Verified Purchase

Next Generation G3 Pool Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I would like to start by saying that i don't usually go out of my way to write reviews. However I believe this is worth my time. I was looking for a replacement of my existing Zodiac G2 pool cleaner when I found the Zodiac G3 (The next generation to G2 Pool Cleaner) online. After going to my local pool shop who recommended everything but a Zodiac I purchased the G3 as I was complexly happy with my previous Pool cleaner the G2. I rang and spoke with the supplier (pool and spa direct) and they were happy to explain the ins and outs of all their pool cleaners in stock. I went with the G3 as an upgrade to the G2 and have been so pleased with my purchase I have been telling everybody about it. It climbs the walls, and the whole pool floor. I have never been so happy with a pool cleaner before in my life. I don't usually buy online as I believe in local businesses but I was so disappointed in the advice and lack of options from my local pool shop which forced me do some investigation online. I am glad that I did though as i got a great pool cleaner at a great price and couldn't be happier. As explained to me by Pool and Spa Direct every pool is different and there is a pool cleaner out there for every pool and I know i found mine. I hope this review helps you in your quest for your perfect pool cleaner!

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi John, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Zodiac G3

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2015

This is the second Zodiac that I have purchased, the first one purchased over ten years ago. I have found them great and easy to use. Would recommend to anyone wanting a pool cleaner.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the review, Judy! We're glad you love your new Zodiac G3!

It's the Zodiac G3 and Baracuda Manta the same product?

Costa asked on Nov 15, 2018

Answer this

From the pictures, I would think they are the same. I am about to throw my zodiac G3 in the bin after 7 months. This is because I am forced to buy the genuine hoses with the locking tabs at $20 each. After 7 months, 15 of the hoses have split. Zodiac apparently will only replace the hoses once. So in 7 months time, according to Zodiac, I will have to spend another $300 on hoses.
I am going to buy a wheeled cleaner, anything but Zodiac.

I thought as much. Thanks for the reply. Better luck with your new toy.

Where can I buy a G3 in Australia that ships to Perth, Western Australia?

Mike asked on Oct 29, 2018

Answer this

You can have mine for $100. Only 7 months old.

Our swimming pool is 15mx12m and the two skimming boxes are located at the middle of the pool three metres apart. Is Zodiac G3 adequate to clean the pool? Thanks

asked on Oct 06, 2018

Hi, Thank you for your enquiry. Please find the specifications for the G3 -

SUITABLE POOLS

For in-ground and above ground pools (used with large deflector wheel)
All surfaces including tiles.
Supplied with 10m hose, suitable for pools up to 7M x 5M (depending on the location of skimmer box)

Here is the link to our Website to see which Cleaners may suit your pool - https://www.zodiac.com.au/products

Please call us on 1300 763 021 if you have anymore questions, Thanks!

Thanks for your quick responce.
Does it means that G3 suitable for a pool up to 14Mx5M if the location of the skimmer box is at the middle?

RUN. Run now, and don’t look back.

See all 4 questions about Zodiac Baracuda G3