Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Zodiac CX35 Robotic Pool Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Well got the Zodiac CX35 today, easy to build and put together.Works a treat cleaning the pool floor & walls etc easy to release the filter for cleaning out pool cleaner, picks up leaves & debri easy.Have a 10mx5m pool and it keeps the pool clean excellent product Highly recommend

Cowes

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

What a time saver !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

We have had the CX20 now for about a month or more and I couldn't be happier. This little product has given me back so much time that used to be used to clean the pool. Extremely easy to setup and operate, push a button and off he goes. Leaves and other debris are all picked up and the on board filtration system is also easy to clean and takes seconds. The end result is a lovely clean pool and I hardly had to do a thing. I buy a lot of technology products and the Zodiac CX20 would have to be one of the best. We love 'Herbie' and what he does.

Berwick

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

My Pool never looked cleaner.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

I run the cleaner for an hour before I intend to swim, and it clears the debris from the bottom of the pool effortlessly. The added benefit is that because the filter system is self contained, my pool filter does not need cleaning as often. I also love how it switches off after an hours running. For the price I am more than happy.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the 5 star review Bartman, Happy Swimming!

Melbourne

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Zodiac CX20

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

I've found the Zodiac cleaner to great. i cleaned the walls and the floor for the first time and since then i have cleaned the floor only as i don't need the sides cleaned every time i use it. Easy to use and easy to clean up. Best $800.00 I've spent.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the 5 star review Craig!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Awesome Pool Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

This is my first robotic pool cleaner after my suction cleaner failed. What an awesome piece of kit! I am using the standard 100 micron filter basket and our pool has never been cleaner. Living in the Blue Mountains we always have leaves in the pool. The CX20 seems to thrive on them and it only takes an hour to have everything off the bottom. The old suction cleaner we had would clean maybe 30% of the pool and was continually choked with leaves. We haven't had an electricity bill yet however, I can only see it going down as now the filter pump isn't having to work so hard. I can't recommend this cleaner highly enough and I can't see how the more expensive robotic cleaners could be any better.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Frenchy, Thanks for the 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

Perth

• 5 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Some things to consider before you buy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Unlike other cleaners, the Zodiac can't be left in the pool - wish I'd known that before I bought it.
It shouldn't be left in the sun, as it is known to melt.
It's very heavy to lift out of the pool, especially from the deep end, (being a semi-disabled pensioner), but I've learned to stop the thing whilst it's in the shallow end, as it's easier to reach.
The electrical unit gets very hot, and because the thing seems to prefer a two hour cycle before cuting out, the little unit has to be left to cool before the operation can be restarted in order to complete cleaning.
The whole vac unit has to be hosed off after each use.
I've notice too that 2 days after cleaning, a fine silt settles on the floor around the edge, evidence that the filters do allow small particles to pass through.
On a positive note, it's a very powerful machine, and does clean my steps, and walls very well.
I'm a bit disappointed by the additional work involved being an older person, but it does a good job.
Frightens hell out of my dogs when it cleans the water line!

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the Feedback and Review. We have made note of all of the suggestions. Please call us if you need any further help, 1300 763 021, Thanks.

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Zodiack CX20 Cleaner faults

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

I purchased this cleaner in February 2017 on ebay from Pool and Spa Warehouse, originally I was pretty impressed on how it worked but disappointed with the fact it wouldnt clean my steps or kiddy ledge. After first 6 months the tracks fell off and wouldnt stay on yet the cleaner was still working. The cleaner would also mostly concentrate on the deep end of the pool. Now last week the cleaner stopped completely and i noticed the drive gears were all worn and loose. Spoke to Pool and Spa Warehouse and they said Zodiac will call me but still nothing bit disappointed with this

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Craig, Thank you for contacting us. We have arranged the pick and repair of the unit for you, Please call us direct on 1300 763 021 if you have anymore questions, Thanks.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

The worst after sales customer service department

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I recently purchased a Cx20 and it was performing really well, however one day it just stop working.
It appears that the tracks or the one of the main wheel has jammed. I tried the problem shooting suggestions but this did not fix the problem
I contacted the after sales department via email and was advised that I needed to place the cleaner in package and it would be collected. It has now been 14 days and the cleaner is still sitting at my front door.
I have sent 3 subsequent emails with no reply.
Had I know that the after sales services would this poor I would have elected to purchase a more expensive model from a competitor. Think twice before purchasing!

Purchased at: Direct Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Ash, sorry to hear about your poor experience. I just sent you a private message. Can you please respond so that we can get this matter resolved straight away. Thanks.

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Zodiac CX20 Great value robotic cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

After trying other suction and robotic pool cleaners I decided to take a chance on the lower priced Zodiac CX20 robotic cleaner. What an excellent piece of equipment! It efficiently cleans my large concrete pool, floor and walls. Unlike other robotics, you do not need to turn the unit over to empty the canister. It's on the top so emptying and cleaning is easy. Very happy with this purchase.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi John, thanks for the 5 star review :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great little cleaner

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

This does a great job on our 8m x 4m fibreglass pool. After reading the reviews I also purchased to 100 micron filter as we get a lot of fine dust during summer and it cleans it up great. I have used it 6 times so far and occasionally it will miss a very small area but I just restart it and it gets it the next time. The filter canister is very easy to clean as well. Only early days but Im very happy so far that I didn't pay $2000 for a dolphin which does the same job.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Darren, thanks for the 4 star review. If you have any questions regarding your cleaner, please feel free to contact the Customer Care Team at 1300 763 021 for any technical advise. Thanks!

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Zodiac CX20 efficiently cleans extra large concrete pool of leaves, fine sand and dust.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

My husband, now deceased, bought our CX20 and was really happy with it. It worked really well in our extra large concrete pool which takes some time if it has to be cleaned by hand vacuum so when the CX20 started playing up by keep trying to climb the sides when not set to do so I was very grateful for Zodiac’s efficient after sales service who quickly fixed the problem.
The cleaner was returned to us in time for Christmas and I used the cleaner again on Christmas morning, when it brought back to me how pleased my husband was with his purchase. Thank you very much, Zodiac staff, especially Justin Singh, who was particularly helpful in fixing our cleaner. I will not hesitate in recommending Zodiac pool cleaners to other people, and I will definitely buy another Zodiac cleaner in the future.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Mary, thank you for the 5 star review! Your feedback has been passed on to Justin :)

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Returned with the same problem!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

I just had the cleaner returned after being away for roughly one week. After having it for only 3 months! So excited that it was back for Christmas. Alas it still doing EXACTLY what I sent it away for. Not very happy. With over 50 people coming this weekend and for Christmas day I needed to clean the pool. What do I have to do to get satisfaction? Please I need a solution and fast. I also need my cleaner repaired properly. Fail Zodiac.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Sorry to hear that your unit has failed again. We will get this sorted for you asap. Could you please send a PM on Facebook (we never ask for details on a Forum) or call on 1300 763 021 to speak with our Customer Care team. Thanks.

Very reliable so far....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Purchased in Oct based on reviews and to date have found the machine need cleans excellently, we have recycled red bricks around pool that the salt water tends to erode a little so pool has a lot of fine brick dust and dirt, the CX20 works well removing all this. We just have the standard 200 micron basket I think so that works well for all the fine particles. Use approx 1-3 times per week and think it's been a great so far, as mentioned by previous reviewers there are some parts of pool it can't get, we have semi circular steps which would be unachievable by most cleaners, we just sweep them down into the main area and cleaner takes care of that. Very happy so far......

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Jarred, Thank you so much for the feedback and 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Certainly does what it says on the can

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Was sceptical of the claims and have used the robot for the last two weeks. It is a real game changer. It cleaned the pool and the sides as well in under 2 hrs. The pool was left spotless and has stayed clean for the past week. Previously with the pump connected kreepy crawly my pool would need me to go over it again manually and leave sediment on the bottom. I admit I was sceptical but have been proved wrong and have more time now as well

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Phil, Thanks for the 5 star review! Glad to hear that your Cleaner is doing such a great job, Happy Swimming!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Very good and easy to operate, but..............................

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

Have owned it for 19 months. Have used every day for 1-2 hours. Now after 10-15mins the one rubber track falls off and renders the machine inactive. Perhaps it has stretched somehow. Cannot adjust the wheels for a more snug fit.Any ideas....not sure if the rubber tracks can be purchased as a spare or is there a separate issue here?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Chris, Please give us a call on 1300 763 021 and we can help with this. Thanks!

Warragul

Date Purchased: Aug 2014

control panel not working

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2017

we purchased the cx20 cleaner approx. 3 years ago, has been working good until today. When I turn cleaner on at control panel the control panel shuts off, is this a problem with cleaner or control panel, there is nothing blocked in cleaner, any correspondence would be great to fix problem regards Andrew duck

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Andrew, can you please confirm if you have spoken with our Customer Care team? If not, please call us on 1300 763 021 and mention that we asked to call, Thanks!

Yes i have spoken to them,im dropping cleaner to workshop in Dandenong sth tomorrow thanks

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Poor product and customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Purchased this product and within first few months it was faulty. Returned and parts replaced after a few months of being without. The product became faulty again and the after service department ignored my calls and emails. Very unhappy and will have to find spare parts myself and try to fix although it is only less than 2 years old.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Kate, sorry to hear about your experience. If your product in less than 2 years old, then it should still be within the warranty period. It is uncommon for the product to require this amount of ... read more »

All sorted - thank you kindly :)

Coomera

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Cleans well but broke down after 9 months. Terrible Warranty service from Zodiac.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Purchased as a CX35 through Pool and Spa Warehouse (caddy and timer) February, 2017. The CX20 cleaner worked really well, I only use it once a week to clean my new 10m x 4m pebble crete pool. When not it use always stored with a cover in my garage. But it broke down a couple of weeks ago after owning for 9 months. The cleaner just doesn't move. Found dealing with Zodiac re warranty claim absolutely punishing. Just refused to answer emails. A call to Pool and Spa Warehouse did get the ball rolling. Told over phone the Zodiac repairer would only need 2-3 days to perform repair. To expedite things, drove it to repairer myself to save 3 days in postage. Called them after 1 week and informed my cleaner had not even been looked at (this after promised a 3 day repair turn around). Will see how it pans out but all dealings with Zodiac re warranty thus far have been bitterly disappointing. I've been asked by numerous people looking for a robotic cleaner if I would recommend this product. My response, "I think you get what you pay for in both product and in regards to service re warranty issues. No way would I recommend the CX20". I'm more annoyed at the service I received re the warranty issue than the device breaking down.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Warren, We are really sorry to hear that you have had these issues, Can you please PM me your details, Thanks!

Thanks for the contact. I collected the cleaner today from the repairer. I've run it through a cycle in the pool and its back to working as it should. All good. Cheers.

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Doesnt clean the shallow ends

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I bought my CX20 a year ago, it was mostly working okay, but i noticed the shallow end isn't cleaned completely. Whenever I went to check it, it keeps moving back and forth in the same area in the deep end. This seems to be a problem faced by quite a few in this forum. Is there a solution for this?

Purchased at: Best Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi RF, We can certainly help you with this. Could you please send a DM or call us directly on 1300 763 021 and we can help you from there. Thanks!

I've since spoken to Zodiac customer service and they suggested me to run the vacuum with floor only option and with that it seem to do the job very well, however, this means I need to brush the wa... read more »

Zodiac Official

Thanks for the update RF, Please call us if you need help again in the future. Thanks.

Newcastle

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Fine dust a problem

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

Recently purchased a CX20 after much research. Initial thoughts are it’s a very good cleaner, although with recent dry and dusty conditions have a lot of fine dust in the pool which just gets stirred up when cleaner is operating. I presume a finer filter will do the trick, hopefully

Purchased at: Direct Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Matt, Thanks for the review. Happy Swimming!

Update - the 100 Micron filter has absolutely fixed my fine dust problem. Veyr happy

Zodiac Official

Excellent. Thanks for the Update, Appreciate it. Enjoy!

1 of 5 pages