Eschol Park

Date Purchased: May 2018

Very disappointing service from Zodiac

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

Unit worked fine the first four times but then stopped. I contacted Zodiac who arranged pick up for repair. They sent me a form email advising a date for pick up. It was the wrong date. Courier actually tried to pick up the day before. There was zero communication regarding the return arrangements as well. Of course I was not home that date either. (I really don't like the idea of leaving a $900 unit out for either pick up or delivery when I am not home.) Zodiac sent back what appeared to be a different unit, not the one I sent them. Again, zero communication with me about what had gone wrong with the original unit, what repairs had been done or why a different unit had been sent to me. Replacement unit seems to be working ok so far but only used it twice to date. Zodiac later sent me a feedback request form on my experience. I completed the form, which also included an option for Zodiac to call me. Of course, no call back. Why are Zodiac so averse to actually talking to their customers?

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Ray. Please accept our apologies for the experience you have received.
I have sent you a DM to get your contact details so we can rectify this issues and discuss what has happened. Thanks.

Zodiac Official

Hi Ray, I have called and left a message on your Mobile, Thanks.

Zodiac Official

Thank you for your callback, I have now left a message for you. Thanks.

Dubbo

• 4 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Rip off

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Don't buy this product if you want your pool cleaned. All it does is pick up larger debris, not dust! Cannot believe that I paid $800 for a pool cleaner that does not collect dust when cleaning a pool?? Isn't that the main thing that makes a pool dirty (dirt) hence the word dirty? I rang customer service and was treated like an idiot, a very condescending lady spoke to me and came away feeling extremely dissatisfied. Don't buy this product if you want your pool cleaned - it is a glorified leaf collector.

July 24th 2018 Update: Not a floor cleaner

Purchased the cleaner thinking it would vacuum the dust and dirt from the bottom of the pool. It would only stir the dust up to make the pool look clean and then the dust would settle back on the bottom of the pool. Zodiac suggested a finer filter to collect the dust. They sent me one at no cost to try and unfortunately has not made any difference. This is not a pool cleaner, it is only for collecting large items off the bottom of your pool - like leaves.

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Katrina, Sorry that you have had this experience with your contact with our Customer Care. We take this kind of feedback very seriously and apologise for this. There are lots of types of debri... read more »

I'm not sure how many people know what micron dust is?I know I don't. I do think most people would think that general dust in a pool would be picked up.

Zodiac Official

Hi Katrina. I can certainly appreciate your Feedback. We do post the Information on our website so it can be researched and provide this information before purchases. If you are able to send a PM w... read more »

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

Zodiac CX20 Robotic Pool Cleaner

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

The robot worked as advertised for 4 months and then stopped one morning mid cleaning cycle. I followed all the cleaning and troubleshooting guides but could not solve the issue.

Its a back-to-base warranty and I delivered it myself to Zodiac to try and speed up the process. It has been with them for almost 3 weeks and it was not until today that I got an update, not from Zodiac but the pool retailer who I had asked for help, despite emails and phone calls to Zodiac from me. I was informed it may be ready by the end of the week. It better work when I get it back!

Also, I live in Adelaide and I was told there is apparently a single technician serving SA and the NT who was away in the NT and on holidays during by warranty claim. Customer service people at Zodiac tried to help, but ultimately poor customer service has let them down in my case and they don't seem to be resourced adequately.

My opinion is that if they can't fix it within 5 working days they should ship you a loan unit while yours is being repaired, so you are not further inconvenienced.

Very poor experience thus far, I will update when I get the robot back.

Comments

Got the robot back today and it is working so far. To his credit the tech called me an offered his mobile number in case I have further problems, so that is a glimmer of hope.

Not climbing walls - working with the tech to systematically replace parts, but I think they should just replace it.

Zodiac Official

Hi Millipede, Please contact our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience to discuss. We do not ask for phone numbers on this public forum, Thanks.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Dead in 6 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

I have lost my warranty on my 8 month old robot CX20 because I cannot produce 6 months of water testing records! A product costing 1000 dollars has to be more dependable and robust than this robot!
On 18th of April 2018 Wednesday when [name removed] picked up machine for inspection to why it had died he said there are a few problems with the robots due to the coiling of the cable and it’s inabilty to uncoil. They have problems and Zodiac are working on it!

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Robyn, Sorry to hear that you have had issues. I can confirm that you have not lost your Warranty on your CX20 Unit. Zodiac do not require these Water Tests. Unfortunately your unit has had a pr... read more »

Redcliffe, QLD

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

I purchased a Zodiac CX20 from Best Pool Supplies. The price was good and the delivery prompt and the pool cleaner worked well. After about 18 months use the cleaner started to act up stopping frequently throughout the cleaning cycle. I completed a warranty claim form on Best Pool Supplies website. I received a response the next day followed a couple of hours later with a phone call from Zodiac who organized a courier pick up for the following day. The cleaner was repaired and returned within a week.

Exceptional customer service from both Best Pool Supplies and Zodiac. Highly recommended.

David

Purchased at: Best Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for the 5 star review. We are so glad to hear that we could assist you so quickly, Thanks!

Katoomba

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Thanks to Zodiac Australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

Have Zodiac CX20, and small closer clip broke on cover. Spoke to 3 suppliers, said they can't replace that (yellow) clip ... need to buy the whole cover. Thanks go to Kirsty at Zenith Australia for supplying this part (actually whole cover) under warranty. Great service given we had not registered the warranty!

Comments
Zodiac Official

Great to hear that you received this fantastic service. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Zodiac CX35 Robotic Pool Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Well got the Zodiac CX35 today, easy to build and put together.Works a treat cleaning the pool floor & walls etc easy to release the filter for cleaning out pool cleaner, picks up leaves & debri easy.Have a 10mx5m pool and it keeps the pool clean excellent product Highly recommend

Cowes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

What a time saver !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

We have had the CX20 now for about a month or more and I couldn't be happier. This little product has given me back so much time that used to be used to clean the pool. Extremely easy to setup and operate, push a button and off he goes. Leaves and other debris are all picked up and the on board filtration system is also easy to clean and takes seconds. The end result is a lovely clean pool and I hardly had to do a thing. I buy a lot of technology products and the Zodiac CX20 would have to be one of the best. We love 'Herbie' and what he does.

Berwick

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

My Pool never looked cleaner.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

I run the cleaner for an hour before I intend to swim, and it clears the debris from the bottom of the pool effortlessly. The added benefit is that because the filter system is self contained, my pool filter does not need cleaning as often. I also love how it switches off after an hours running. For the price I am more than happy.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the 5 star review Bartman, Happy Swimming!

Melbourne

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Zodiac CX20

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

I've found the Zodiac cleaner to great. i cleaned the walls and the floor for the first time and since then i have cleaned the floor only as i don't need the sides cleaned every time i use it. Easy to use and easy to clean up. Best $800.00 I've spent.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the 5 star review Craig!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Awesome Pool Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

This is my first robotic pool cleaner after my suction cleaner failed. What an awesome piece of kit! I am using the standard 100 micron filter basket and our pool has never been cleaner. Living in the Blue Mountains we always have leaves in the pool. The CX20 seems to thrive on them and it only takes an hour to have everything off the bottom. The old suction cleaner we had would clean maybe 30% of the pool and was continually choked with leaves. We haven't had an electricity bill yet however, I can only see it going down as now the filter pump isn't having to work so hard. I can't recommend this cleaner highly enough and I can't see how the more expensive robotic cleaners could be any better.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Frenchy, Thanks for the 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

Perth

• 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Some things to consider before you buy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Unlike other cleaners, the Zodiac can't be left in the pool - wish I'd known that before I bought it.
It shouldn't be left in the sun, as it is known to melt.
It's very heavy to lift out of the pool, especially from the deep end, (being a semi-disabled pensioner), but I've learned to stop the thing whilst it's in the shallow end, as it's easier to reach.
The electrical unit gets very hot, and because the thing seems to prefer a two hour cycle before cuting out, the little unit has to be left to cool before the operation can be restarted in order to complete cleaning.
The whole vac unit has to be hosed off after each use.
I've notice too that 2 days after cleaning, a fine silt settles on the floor around the edge, evidence that the filters do allow small particles to pass through.
On a positive note, it's a very powerful machine, and does clean my steps, and walls very well.
I'm a bit disappointed by the additional work involved being an older person, but it does a good job.
Frightens hell out of my dogs when it cleans the water line!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the Feedback and Review. We have made note of all of the suggestions. Please call us if you need any further help, 1300 763 021, Thanks.

Bookara

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Zodiack CX20 Cleaner faults

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

I purchased this cleaner in February 2017 on ebay from Pool and Spa Warehouse, originally I was pretty impressed on how it worked but disappointed with the fact it wouldnt clean my steps or kiddy ledge. After first 6 months the tracks fell off and wouldnt stay on yet the cleaner was still working. The cleaner would also mostly concentrate on the deep end of the pool. Now last week the cleaner stopped completely and i noticed the drive gears were all worn and loose. Spoke to Pool and Spa Warehouse and they said Zodiac will call me but still nothing bit disappointed with this

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Craig, Thank you for contacting us. We have arranged the pick and repair of the unit for you, Please call us direct on 1300 763 021 if you have anymore questions, Thanks.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

The worst after sales customer service department

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I recently purchased a Cx20 and it was performing really well, however one day it just stop working.
It appears that the tracks or the one of the main wheel has jammed. I tried the problem shooting suggestions but this did not fix the problem
I contacted the after sales department via email and was advised that I needed to place the cleaner in package and it would be collected. It has now been 14 days and the cleaner is still sitting at my front door.
I have sent 3 subsequent emails with no reply.
Had I know that the after sales services would this poor I would have elected to purchase a more expensive model from a competitor. Think twice before purchasing!

Purchased at: Direct Pool Supplies

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Ash, sorry to hear about your poor experience. I just sent you a private message. Can you please respond so that we can get this matter resolved straight away. Thanks.

• 2 answers

Zodiac CX20 Great value robotic cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

After trying other suction and robotic pool cleaners I decided to take a chance on the lower priced Zodiac CX20 robotic cleaner. What an excellent piece of equipment! It efficiently cleans my large concrete pool, floor and walls. Unlike other robotics, you do not need to turn the unit over to empty the canister. It's on the top so emptying and cleaning is easy. Very happy with this purchase.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi John, thanks for the 5 star review :)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great little cleaner

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

This does a great job on our 8m x 4m fibreglass pool. After reading the reviews I also purchased to 100 micron filter as we get a lot of fine dust during summer and it cleans it up great. I have used it 6 times so far and occasionally it will miss a very small area but I just restart it and it gets it the next time. The filter canister is very easy to clean as well. Only early days but Im very happy so far that I didn't pay $2000 for a dolphin which does the same job.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Darren, thanks for the 4 star review. If you have any questions regarding your cleaner, please feel free to contact the Customer Care Team at 1300 763 021 for any technical advise. Thanks!

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Zodiac CX20 efficiently cleans extra large concrete pool of leaves, fine sand and dust.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

My husband, now deceased, bought our CX20 and was really happy with it. It worked really well in our extra large concrete pool which takes some time if it has to be cleaned by hand vacuum so when the CX20 started playing up by keep trying to climb the sides when not set to do so I was very grateful for Zodiac’s efficient after sales service who quickly fixed the problem.
The cleaner was returned to us in time for Christmas and I used the cleaner again on Christmas morning, when it brought back to me how pleased my husband was with his purchase. Thank you very much, Zodiac staff, especially Justin Singh, who was particularly helpful in fixing our cleaner. I will not hesitate in recommending Zodiac pool cleaners to other people, and I will definitely buy another Zodiac cleaner in the future.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Mary, thank you for the 5 star review! Your feedback has been passed on to Justin :)

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Returned with the same problem!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

I just had the cleaner returned after being away for roughly one week. After having it for only 3 months! So excited that it was back for Christmas. Alas it still doing EXACTLY what I sent it away for. Not very happy. With over 50 people coming this weekend and for Christmas day I needed to clean the pool. What do I have to do to get satisfaction? Please I need a solution and fast. I also need my cleaner repaired properly. Fail Zodiac.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Sorry to hear that your unit has failed again. We will get this sorted for you asap. Could you please send a PM on Facebook (we never ask for details on a Forum) or call on 1300 763 021 to speak with our Customer Care team. Thanks.

Very reliable so far....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

Purchased in Oct based on reviews and to date have found the machine need cleans excellently, we have recycled red bricks around pool that the salt water tends to erode a little so pool has a lot of fine brick dust and dirt, the CX20 works well removing all this. We just have the standard 200 micron basket I think so that works well for all the fine particles. Use approx 1-3 times per week and think it's been a great so far, as mentioned by previous reviewers there are some parts of pool it can't get, we have semi circular steps which would be unachievable by most cleaners, we just sweep them down into the main area and cleaner takes care of that. Very happy so far......

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Jarred, Thank you so much for the feedback and 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Certainly does what it says on the can

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Was sceptical of the claims and have used the robot for the last two weeks. It is a real game changer. It cleaned the pool and the sides as well in under 2 hrs. The pool was left spotless and has stayed clean for the past week. Previously with the pump connected kreepy crawly my pool would need me to go over it again manually and leave sediment on the bottom. I admit I was sceptical but have been proved wrong and have more time now as well

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Phil, Thanks for the 5 star review! Glad to hear that your Cleaner is doing such a great job, Happy Swimming!

1 of 5 pages

My zodiac CX20, only a few months old, is stuck in one spot. I turn it on, it blows water through the top as it usually does before it starts off, but it's not moving anywhere from there. It continues to blow water out from the top and doesn't move. I checked the wheels, nothing is caught, basket is empty. Can't see any reason why it would be stuck in one spot. What could be wrong here?

Amira R asked on Sep 06, 2018

Answer this

Amira. That is exactly what happened to my unit. I cant tell you why it happened because Zodiac wouldn't talk to me. When this happened to my unit I returned it to them for repair under warranty. They sent a unit back to me but made no attempts to communicate with me to let me know what happened or what if anything I could do to prevent it happening again. My experience is based around very poor or no communications from Zodiac. In your case you should ring Zodiac and ask them to arrange to have your unit picked up under warranty. Just don't expect them to talk to you about pick up and return arrangements or what is going on. Cheers and good luck.

Amira, mines been in for same under warranty once and used it twice and now doing the same again

Hi Amira, Please call us on 1300 763 021, we can help you with this.

Ray, I have called you twice and left messages. Please call if you would like to discuss. Thanks.

JRP, Please call us if you have issues again. Thanks.

Hi I have owned my cx20 for 2 and a half years know has worked well but have had multiple issues with not climbing the walls , just dropped off to be looked at again for same reason and is know out of warranty and have been told it will cost me to be fixed!, I'm dissapointed as this has been an ongoing issue which I believe should be fixed free of charge as of its history by the way I live in NZ. THANKS.

Dazza asked on Aug 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi Dazza, This is the Australian version of Product Review. If you would like to send a DM with your details, I can forward to the New Zealand Team. Thanks.

Hi purchased CX20 and Pump turns on but cleaner does not move? Any ideas? thx

jrp asked on Jul 09, 2018

Answer this

Hi, Can you please confirm if you have spoken to our Customer Care team?

Yes and have returned unit to Zodiac for warranty repair

See all 78 questions about Zodiac CX20