Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Top Notch Customer support from Zodiac

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

We have had our CX20 for nearly three years now. First two years fantastic, best cleaner we have had. We had an issue with flashing control box 1 month prior to 2 yr warranty end. Returned the unit to Zodiac and they repaired and returned within a week. Just one year later (last week) we had a second issue with the flashing controller box. The unit was just 12 months since its last repair. Rang Zodiac support (all be it the wait was long) the team organised a repair agent to visit our house. He came, repaired the unit and now back to working like a charm. Cant speak highly enough of the level of service and the no issues approach to just in or just out of warranty these guys take.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! Happy Swimming.

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Not working and getting runaround

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

Purchased and registered a Zodiac CX20 in April 2016. Going well but then it stopped working and had to get it fixed under warranty in Nov 2017. All good until now - now it won't work at all. Switch on and it goes for maybe 10 secs then stops and error light flashes. Called Zodiac and was told it sounds like a communication error and told to take it to Rockingham Pool and Spa for assessment and the pool shop will send it to Zodiac if necessary. I called the pool shop and they said they are not allowed to even look at the CX20 as it's an on-line model and Zodiac told them they cannot repair this model and I will have to send it direct to Zodiac myself! I feel like I am getting the runaround!! I know the warranty is 2 years but does this re-set after the previous repair done under warranty?
I would appreciate some help/advice.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Christine, Sorry to hear about these issues. Looks like we have given you some wrong information and for that we are sorry. Can you please call us on 1300 763 021 or send us on a message on Facebook (inbox) and we will get back in touch. Thanks.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Great Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

I’ve only been using this cleaner for a few weeks but very impressed to date. I purchased the optional 100 micron filter basket as our pool is more prone to fine dust rather than larger twigs and leaf litter. Does a great job and very easy to empty and clean.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Mick, Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Hobart

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Very disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

Worked well but only just out of warranty and stopped working ( as live in Tasmania it prob has only been used 6-9months in total). Contacted company by phone found the team member quite dismissive and rude. Took to local pool shop as advised and has been told by zodiac it is discontinued and no parts available to fix motor. Very disappointed

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Vic. The CX20 NOT discontinued and parts are still available for repairs on the Unit. The Unit has a 2 year warranty so going by your review, the Warranty would have expired in Feb 2018. Are you... read more »

Waiting for reply

Rochedale south

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Worthy of review... which I never do

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

Tried countless suction cleaners including MX-8.
None worked. We have BAD leaf litter, palms frangapanis and others. This cleaner is set and forget, no getting stuck, no stopping, just check after it’s use and empty. Our leaf problem is hard on cleaners, this one seems to handle it still 2 years on. It did go in for a warranty repair (debris in motor) and they fixed and it has worked well ever since.
I don’t write reviews, but pity the person going through what I used to.. I’m not sure how it would be with gum leaves etc as ours is mostly golden cane palms and seeds so long stringy waste.
The cleaner won’t pick up really big long ones, but that ok with me, I just scoop them up.
My only gripe is sometimes the basket falls off, probably operator error, but feel a better latch could be in place.
Well done zodiac, my quality of life has improved :)

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Rob. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Useless for fine dirt

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

Cheap, easy to clean filter ok job on larger debris completely useless for fine dirt blows straight back into pool through filter mesh. Bought the extra fine filter for fine dust exactly the same. Was told by seller I should have bought a different cleaner. Now stuck with a pool that's either cloudy from stirred up dust or bottom covered in fine silt. Never had a single issue with our old Admiral cleaner wish I had bought another Admiral.

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

works well but only a 2 year lifespan

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

Worked really well for 2 years and 4 months. Never got stuck in my kidney shaped vinyl pool with a couple of large shallow shelf areas. I did buy replacement tracks about 4 months ago and the fine filter basket. Now continuous check my brushes error... Removed them all and cleaned and worked for 30 minutes before the same error. I am guessing the motor has gone. Tried a friend's and it's not the control box which is working fine. The cord does get tangled on itself sometimes. I bought a hose reel to help store the cable which helped prevent some tangles. The lid and seal take a battering in the weather and salt pool water but still fitted fine.
Not sure what I will do now... Replacement motors are available 350 bucks... But not found a tear down video and could be some of the gearing that is worn. Looking at the other cleaners they all seem to struggle with faults and cost twice as much. Can't see the point of paying 2k for a three year warranted cleaner when you can buy two cx20s and get 4 years! Does feel like the pool cleaners short change you. Might just buy another cx20 and use the old one for parts.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for your review. Sorry you have had these issues. If we can offer any help, please contact our Call Centre on 1300 763 021, Thanks.

Townsville

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Good when working under 2 years old and tried contacting company bought from but no response.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

It Seems to be a good cleaner but around 16 months in we can't use it once without it throwing off is tracks and then not working. I have left messages with the company I bought it off but they haven't returned my calls. It was the pool installer who sold it to us. Pretty annoying to be honest. Not even two years old for that much money.

Purchased at: Narellan Pools

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Nathan, sorry to hear about this issue. It is very frustrating. We can organise this to be looked at for you. Can you send a message on our Facebook page? we dont ask for personal details on this public forum. Thanks.

Product doesnt work at all anymore, i have contacted via FB, not holding my breath from the reviews on there.

Zodiac Official

Hi Nathan, Our Customer Care team have confirmed that they have contacted you regarding the repair. Thanks.

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: May 2016

Broke Down

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Purchased in May 2016 (winter in Melbourne so did not really use for 4-5 months). The unit has dad minimal use and started playing up when used again in October 2018. Began to only clean 3/4 of the pool and now the motor has died. Cost around $1,000 to purchase and have been advised the repair will cost (with shipping) over $700. Very disappointed with the machine and service from Zodiac.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Peter, Sorry that you had these experience regarding your Pool Cleaner. May I ask if you spoke with us directly? Thanks.

Yes. I was advised to take it to the local pool shop which looks after Zodiac. And was advised by both Zodiac Rep and Pool Shop that there was nothing that could be done as it was out of Warranty

Canberra

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

It's ok but for $1000 you expect more

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I've used the unit only a dozen times so far and not completely happy with it. As others have noted on this forum it does not pick up fine dust. I got round that problem by floccing and vacuuming to waste. Maybe this is a limitation of all cleaners??

When it cleans it doesn't do all the areas. It does do a good job of climbing up the walls but when going in a straight line it does veer off to the right.

Bne

• 4 comments

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Worked for 2.5 years then needs a new motor $650 repair

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Zodiac CX20 robotic pool cleaner worked well since purchasing it in Nov 2016 but it has now stopped. Warranty only 2 years so bad luck I guess. I paid $1050 for it. When you spend over $1000 for a pool cleaner it should last more than 2.5 years. The repair cost $650 new motor block, estimate means it is not viable. If I bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner and it broke after 2.5years and paid $1000 I would be as equally disappointed. I have had my Dyson for over 10 years.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Steve, May we ask that you contact us directly regarding this? If you could send a DM on our Facebook page or through Product Review? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I'll DM you.

Zodiac have contacted me and we are trying to work through the issue at this stage.

Sheldon

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great after sales support!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Bought a CX20 just under 2 years ago. Works perfectly. According to installation instructions the external controller box needs to be protected from the weather. We thought ours was protected from the weather, but some very heavy rainfall, and a blocked water drain, caused our controller box to be flooded with water and to stop working. Took the controller (water still leaking out of it) to Redlands Poolman in Alexandra Hills Qld. They sent it to Zodiac who repaired it for free, without question (even though the damage was my fault). Total cost to me was $20 for transporting the controller to and from Redlands Poolman.

Super impressed with both Zodiac and their agent network!!! Big thumbs up to Zodiac and to Redlands Poolman!!!

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Brisbane

• 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

A few months out of warranty unit has failed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

The Zodiac CX20 robotic pool cleaner has worked extremely well since purchasing it in 2016 but it has now failed some 6 months beyond warranty period and the supplier has refused any claim or even any assistance towards a replacement. The cleaner runs in forward direction but not in reverse. When you spend over $1000 for a pool cleaner I expected it to last for many years. The repair cost estimate means it is not viable and suggest I purchase a new one. This being the case I feel I need to seriously consider other makes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Roland. May I ask if you have contacted Zodiac directly or your place of purchase. Thanks.

Hi
I have contacted both the supplier and Zodiac directly and obtained the same response. Thanks
Roland Smith

Hi, I was wondering if Zodiac are considering offering any assistance towards repair or replacement of this pool cleaner. I need to source a cleaner quite urgently as the pool is full of leaves due... read more »

Sydney

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Still within the 2 year 'honeymoon period' but it has been a good purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

The Zodiac was far better priced than the Dolphin range but I was still reluctant to part with $1,000+ on a pool cleaner. Almost 1 year on and it has proven to be a good investment but I may still be in the honeymoon period before things suddenly deteriorate.

Pros
- Competitive price
- Pool coverage is about 90% most times and climbs walls well
- It collects everything. I had no problem with dust or finer dirt left in pool
- Easy to use

Cons
- The robot memory seems to leave some central areas uncleaned (manual intervention)
- The accessory filter baskets are a little bit pricey
- The filter basket only lasted about 6 months before the spring loosened leaking leaves back into pool

Overall I would certainly recommend buying this robot. It's an impressive piece of kit.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you for your review. Really appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback, Happy Swimming!

Perth

• 3 comments

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Was awesome now really disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Loved this cleaner for almost the first two years then like clockwork it started having issues.

Every other time I use it loses a tire track in the pool somewhere and then goes around in circles..causing the power cord to be now frustratingly tangled with a tangled memory formed in the cable.

....thought I’d solved by not using the climbing function but now every time I use regardless of the setting it looses a tire track somewhere in the pool.

This past few months it has virtually given up the ghost completely..... “IF” it starts it only works for half or less than full cycle then the error light flashes and it stops. If I turn off at the power, remove it from the pool overnight it MAY work again the following day but not every time, if I don’t do all of these things then it simply doesn’t work and just the error light flashes.

I would have given this a 5 star rating and I have even recommended to friends but now wish I hadnt!

Extremely frustrated cause can’t afford to fork out any 1000 on a new one

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Chris, sorry to hear that you are having these issues. We can most certainly help you sort these. Could you please inbox your details so we can get this up and running straight away. Thanks!

Have sent an email to your APAC email address with my phone number

Wondering when Zodiac are going to get in touch? Clearly received my email address as ironically I received a customer service survey via email, but no response to my email detailing the above issues....waiting and hopeful of a resolution.

Eschol Park

Date Purchased: May 2018

Very disappointing service from Zodiac

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

Unit worked fine the first four times but then stopped. I contacted Zodiac who arranged pick up for repair. They sent me a form email advising a date for pick up. It was the wrong date. Courier actually tried to pick up the day before. There was zero communication regarding the return arrangements as well. Of course I was not home that date either. (I really don't like the idea of leaving a $900 unit out for either pick up or delivery when I am not home.) Zodiac sent back what appeared to be a different unit, not the one I sent them. Again, zero communication with me about what had gone wrong with the original unit, what repairs had been done or why a different unit had been sent to me. Replacement unit seems to be working ok so far but only used it twice to date. Zodiac later sent me a feedback request form on my experience. I completed the form, which also included an option for Zodiac to call me. Of course, no call back. Why are Zodiac so averse to actually talking to their customers?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Ray. Please accept our apologies for the experience you have received.
I have sent you a DM to get your contact details so we can rectify this issues and discuss what has happened. Thanks.

Zodiac Official

Hi Ray, I have called and left a message on your Mobile, Thanks.

Zodiac Official

Thank you for your callback, I have now left a message for you. Thanks.

Dubbo

• 4 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Rip off

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Don't buy this product if you want your pool cleaned. All it does is pick up larger debris, not dust! Cannot believe that I paid $800 for a pool cleaner that does not collect dust when cleaning a pool?? Isn't that the main thing that makes a pool dirty (dirt) hence the word dirty? I rang customer service and was treated like an idiot, a very condescending lady spoke to me and came away feeling extremely dissatisfied. Don't buy this product if you want your pool cleaned - it is a glorified leaf collector.

July 24th 2018 Update: Not a floor cleaner

Purchased the cleaner thinking it would vacuum the dust and dirt from the bottom of the pool. It would only stir the dust up to make the pool look clean and then the dust would settle back on the bottom of the pool. Zodiac suggested a finer filter to collect the dust. They sent me one at no cost to try and unfortunately has not made any difference. This is not a pool cleaner, it is only for collecting large items off the bottom of your pool - like leaves.

Purchased at: eBay

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Katrina, Sorry that you have had this experience with your contact with our Customer Care. We take this kind of feedback very seriously and apologise for this. There are lots of types of debri... read more »

I'm not sure how many people know what micron dust is?I know I don't. I do think most people would think that general dust in a pool would be picked up.

Zodiac Official

Hi Katrina. I can certainly appreciate your Feedback. We do post the Information on our website so it can be researched and provide this information before purchases. If you are able to send a PM w... read more »

Adelaide

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Zodiac CX20 Robotic Pool Cleaner

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

The robot worked as advertised for 4 months and then stopped one morning mid cleaning cycle. I followed all the cleaning and troubleshooting guides but could not solve the issue.

Its a back-to-base warranty and I delivered it myself to Zodiac to try and speed up the process. It has been with them for almost 3 weeks and it was not until today that I got an update, not from Zodiac but the pool retailer who I had asked for help, despite emails and phone calls to Zodiac from me. I was informed it may be ready by the end of the week. It better work when I get it back!

Also, I live in Adelaide and I was told there is apparently a single technician serving SA and the NT who was away in the NT and on holidays during by warranty claim. Customer service people at Zodiac tried to help, but ultimately poor customer service has let them down in my case and they don't seem to be resourced adequately.

My opinion is that if they can't fix it within 5 working days they should ship you a loan unit while yours is being repaired, so you are not further inconvenienced.

Very poor experience thus far, I will update when I get the robot back.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Got the robot back today and it is working so far. To his credit the tech called me an offered his mobile number in case I have further problems, so that is a glimmer of hope.

Not climbing walls - working with the tech to systematically replace parts, but I think they should just replace it.

Zodiac Official

Hi Millipede, Please contact our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience to discuss. We do not ask for phone numbers on this public forum, Thanks.

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Dead in 6 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

I have lost my warranty on my 8 month old robot CX20 because I cannot produce 6 months of water testing records! A product costing 1000 dollars has to be more dependable and robust than this robot!
On 18th of April 2018 Wednesday when [name removed] picked up machine for inspection to why it had died he said there are a few problems with the robots due to the coiling of the cable and it’s inabilty to uncoil. They have problems and Zodiac are working on it!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Robyn, Sorry to hear that you have had issues. I can confirm that you have not lost your Warranty on your CX20 Unit. Zodiac do not require these Water Tests. Unfortunately your unit has had a pr... read more »

Redcliffe, QLD

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

I purchased a Zodiac CX20 from Best Pool Supplies. The price was good and the delivery prompt and the pool cleaner worked well. After about 18 months use the cleaner started to act up stopping frequently throughout the cleaning cycle. I completed a warranty claim form on Best Pool Supplies website. I received a response the next day followed a couple of hours later with a phone call from Zodiac who organized a courier pick up for the following day. The cleaner was repaired and returned within a week.

Exceptional customer service from both Best Pool Supplies and Zodiac. Highly recommended.

David

Purchased at: Best Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for the 5 star review. We are so glad to hear that we could assist you so quickly, Thanks!

1 of 6 pages