Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Poor product and customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Purchased this product and within first few months it was faulty. Returned and parts replaced after a few months of being without. The product became faulty again and the after service department ignored my calls and emails. Very unhappy and will have to find spare parts myself and try to fix although it is only less than 2 years old.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Kate, sorry to hear about your experience. If your product in less than 2 years old, then it should still be within the warranty period. It is uncommon for the product to require this amount of ... read more »

Coomera

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Cleans well but broke down after 9 months. Terrible Warranty service from Zodiac.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Purchased as a CX35 through Pool and Spa Warehouse (caddy and timer) February, 2017. The CX20 cleaner worked really well, I only use it once a week to clean my new 10m x 4m pebble crete pool. When not it use always stored with a cover in my garage. But it broke down a couple of weeks ago after owning for 9 months. The cleaner just doesn't move. Found dealing with Zodiac re warranty claim absolutely punishing. Just refused to answer emails. A call to Pool and Spa Warehouse did get the ball rolling. Told over phone the Zodiac repairer would only need 2-3 days to perform repair. To expedite things, drove it to repairer myself to save 3 days in postage. Called them after 1 week and informed my cleaner had not even been looked at (this after promised a 3 day repair turn around). Will see how it pans out but all dealings with Zodiac re warranty thus far have been bitterly disappointing. I've been asked by numerous people looking for a robotic cleaner if I would recommend this product. My response, "I think you get what you pay for in both product and in regards to service re warranty issues. No way would I recommend the CX20". I'm more annoyed at the service I received re the warranty issue than the device breaking down.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Warren, We are really sorry to hear that you have had these issues, Can you please PM me your details, Thanks!

Thanks for the contact. I collected the cleaner today from the repairer. I've run it through a cycle in the pool and its back to working as it should. All good. Cheers.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Doesnt clean the shallow ends

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I bought my CX20 a year ago, it was mostly working okay, but i noticed the shallow end isn't cleaned completely. Whenever I went to check it, it keeps moving back and forth in the same area in the deep end. This seems to be a problem faced by quite a few in this forum. Is there a solution for this?

Purchased at: Best Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi RF, We can certainly help you with this. Could you please send a DM or call us directly on 1300 763 021 and we can help you from there. Thanks!

Newcastle

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Fine dust a problem

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

Recently purchased a CX20 after much research. Initial thoughts are it’s a very good cleaner, although with recent dry and dusty conditions have a lot of fine dust in the pool which just gets stirred up when cleaner is operating. I presume a finer filter will do the trick, hopefully

Purchased at: Direct Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Matt, Thanks for the review. Happy Swimming!

Update - the 100 Micron filter has absolutely fixed my fine dust problem. Veyr happy

Zodiac Official

Excellent. Thanks for the Update, Appreciate it. Enjoy!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Quite happy with purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

I have now used the device for a few months and are quite happy with it. It is easy to clean and operate and does a reasonably good job cleaning the pool. My kids did find a name for it: "Dummy" as it does seem to do what it wants and not clean were it should, going over the same spots often. I have turned off the climbing function as prefer it to stay on the bottom. Would be good if it had a remote control to direct it to areas that need cleaning. But in the end the pool is cleaned and for a device you can pick up under 600 dollar it is actually quite good.

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a great 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

great little heavy machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

i bought the cx20 4 days ago since opening the box it has worked non stop, yes I have cleaned the filter which was full of small debris mainly sand hair and algae, It has been great as I don't have to vacuum it anymore and can do other things around the house such a great helper and even climbs and go around the steps with a nearly full basket. I think from other post we have a pebble type pool so it may have slightly greater traction going up the wall.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi there. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a 5 star review for the CX20. Great news to hear that things are going so well. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Looking for easy fix!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Filter get clogged within five minutes with only light layer of debris. This then prevents it from climbing the walls and picking up small leaves. It works well for the first couple of minutes. Is there anything I should try? I’ve tried the scs on all settings without any success. Having a robotic cleaner I have to remove from the pool every 5 minutes isn’t what I was expecting.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. Could you please confirm what type of Debris you are referring to? Thanks.

It’s like wet dust and seeds. It forms a layer over the filter. It could also be salt that hasn’t quite dissolved.

Brisbane

• 16 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Great little pool cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I bought a robotic pool cleaner because I didn't like all the gunk going through the pump and into the filter and my barracuda had given up the ghost.

My pool is smaller 6m x 3m with a steps and a shelf to sit on down one end. It is an inground concrete pool with a prebblecrete coating.

Most robot pool cleaners that are independent of the pump are expensive with the CX20 at the lower end of the price range (around $1,000). Its functions are pretty basic but appeared adequate for what I was looking for.

As it has turned out, the CX20 has performed very well. I usually set it up to clean and it does a pretty good job on one cycle and an excellent job on two cycles. I bought the 100 micron filter and use this over the 200 micron filter that came standard. The 100 micron filter does a good job.

It cleans the bottom and sides of the pool very well. It handles gum leaves, grass and other bits and pieces. My only real gripe is that it sometimes struggles with the steps and the shelf but copes at other times - I am not sure why. I now usually sweep the steps and the shelf before starting the CX20.

All in all, I am very happy with my CX20. It is easy to set up and easy to clean at the end of the job. Given the price, it represents excellent value for money.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your Review. Happy Swimming!!!

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Best pool cleaner I ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

Robotic pool cleaners are very expensive but this one works very well for the money I paid for it.
It is fast but it may require a couple of cycles to clean the pool completely, including walls. My pool is a 9x5, kidney shaped, pebble sheen coated. I am very happy for now.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Papa, thank you so much for your 5 star review. Glad to hear that the Cleaner is doing such a great job, Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Dont waste your time/money if you want Zodiac CX20 to climb and clean pool walls

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Bought Zodiac CX20 to clean pool floor and walls of our inground concrete pool. Despite it being rectangular 5x10m, CX20 was not able to climb and clean the walls. Also it tended to stay down one end of pool or in one corner. It took 6 months to arrange return and credit so that I could purchase Zodiac VX50 instead. Very poor customer service and communication from Zodiac.
The VX50 has actually been a very good cleaner, abeit for $500 extra.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Darren, we are sorry to hear about your troubles with the CX20 cleaner. We are glad to hear that the VX50 is now working better in your pool. Happy Swimming.

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

top unit does an awesome job !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

top unit does an awesome job ! we couldn't be happier, super easy to use, set up and clean. Cleans our pool in a few hours. So much better than the wet vacuum types and the zodiac's are well priced. Picks up everything without any problems, thanks so much we love our zodiac

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Gannon, Thank you for the 5-star review. We are so glad to hear that the CX20 has been such a reliable Cleaner for you. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

The CX20 is programmed randomly and customer care is very poor!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

I bought my CX20 in April 2016. I've got a brand new fibreglass pool... Since putting this robotic cleaner in once a month ( cleaning it after every use straight away) I found it to do the same movements over and over again, not covering my 8m pool although it's advertised being able to cover a 10m pool. After taking it back to my dealer for possible repairs I found out that these cleaners are randomly programmed -surprise- as they're not advertised as such!! hence the same movements...
My dealer got a device to check the unit, suggesting new tracks.... we're still waiting for the spare parts... and they've got another 2 CX20 sitting there in an even worse condition. I wrote an email to Zodiac customer care telling them that when their rep was in our area he didn't contact me because he couldn't help me anyway as the units are programmed randomly-A1 customer care! (A curtesy call can make such a big difference!!)
When I contacted Zodiac directly I received a rather short email disregarding my issues completely suggesting I provide them with my details and make a warranty claim with them....
I clearly stated in my email that my CX20 is already in repairs with my dealer since a few weeks waiting on spare parts....
Having spent my hard earned money on this poorly working device plus the poor customer service is very disappointing.
I'm happy for everyone else who's not having the same drama with their CX20 :)

Comments
Zodiac Official

HI, Sorry to hear of the issues you have had with your Cleaner and dealing with us. I would be happy to look into this for you however I will need some more details. If you still require help, plea... read more »

• 6 helpful votes

Great Value and Cleans Well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

After previously having a Maytronics Blue Dolphin Cleaner that cost $2K and lasted only 3 years and 2x $500 repairs despite me being fanatical about maintenance. I decided my replacement machine would not be the Maytronics brand based on the fact they are overpriced and flogged to unsuspecting pool owners based on high commissions. Did my research and found the Zodiac CX20 at half the price. Reviews were positive and after a month iam really happy with the results. Simple to use. Cleans really well and easy to clean the filter box. Based on simplicity and effective cleaning plus it's half the price I say go Zodiac and don't pay the overinflated price of Maytronics products and beware of the over zealous pool dealer he might just be chasing high commissions.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Steve, Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Melts in the sun

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

Only 4 Months old and the lid and cable melted in the sun.
Took it out the pool and rinsed it off with fresh water, left if out while I was packing up and the thing melted.
Sent an email to Zodiac and after phone calls and 3days later got a reply- I cooked it and no warranty. The person never even read my email or just thinks I'm an idiot, Maybe I am for buying from ZODIAC!
Anyway $300 to fix it, Good luck if you buy one and something goes wrong....you on your own...

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Stevo, as mentioned on Facebook yesterday, we would like to investigate this further. Could you please either respond to the private message on Facebook or send through your contact phone number... read more »

This is a great product (CX20) and much better than skimmer box solutions

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2017

Purchased my Zodiac CX20 in Feb 2017 after spending the last 10+ years with different skimmer box solutions. What a difference it has made to that quality of the pool. Only put the CX20 in on the weekend and does the job in a couple of hours including the walls. So easy to use. Even picks up leaves that use to get stuck in the old cleaner. Very happy with the CX20 robotic cleaner.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for your 5 star review. So glad to hear that the CX20 is doing such a great job. Happy Swimming!

Perth

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Good floor/wall performance, steps not so well, very disappointing peformance of Control Box firmwar

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2017

Ordered and paid for Zodiac CX20 Robotic Pool cleaner online from POOLEQUIP Malaga, Perth on Thursday 23rd Feb. Good email confirmation from Deb at Poolequip and AusPost tracking.
Unit arrived Monday 27th Feb, no Owner’s Manual, downloaded Revision A from web.
Lowered unit into a very clean fibreglass 35m3 pool on Wednesday 1st March, and on SCS setting 2, floor and walls, it did its work without problem, but did not deal too well with steps. Wall cleaning was most effective, water became slightly cloudy.
Unit shut down unexpectedly after about 2 hours, and all LEDs remained lit on Control Box, with no alarms. Shut off power to the Control Box and restarted OK. Removed unit after 10 minutes running, washed down and stored.
Thursday 2nd March, put unit back in pool at SCS setting 2, floor and walls, and again unit shut down unexpectedly around two hours, and this time Control Box was found with no LEDs illuminated.
Pressed SCS button and all LEDs illuminated !
Disconnected power supply to Control Box, reconnected same, and pool robotic cleaner unit would not start on pressing Start/Stop button, the cleaner remained stationary.
Returned unit to Poolequip, where it was despatched to Zodiac for testing, Deb called me next day to tell me no errors were found and unit was fully functioning.
I have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve this, but my experience was not good, I have no trust whatsoever in the Control Box software/hardware logic, so Deb courteously agreed to cost refund in full.
Some observations : reference the Owner’s Manual, a Revision A is usually indicative of a document undergoing an in-house peer review before being formally issued for use - when it is then allocated Revision 0 (zero) as being issued for use. Zodiac should consider this common standard for Documents.
The Owner’s Manual under General Specifications suggest Variable Programming is available to control cycle lengths, I found no such capability. This should be corrected. Emphasis should be placed on the fact that the unit times out after approximately 2 hours, and restart is not immediately available.
The Owner’s Manual should carry a description of how to eliminate kinks in the cable, by first laying out in the sun. There is no such instruction in the manual.
The Owner’s Manual should carry a description for first time use, saying that pool walls are likely to be cleaned of microscopic particles resulting in cloudy water, which can be easily rectified with use of an inexpensive flocculant in the skimmer box, and following instructions of the flocculant manufacturer.
The Owner’s Manual Section 5 Troubleshooting has some shortcomings:
LED flashing once, twice, three (times) – it is not clear if this is a one-off event, or the particular flashing is repeated periodically until the problem is rectified.
The instruction to “Turn the cleaner wheels to ensure they are not jammed” I believe this could cause further damage, because the cleaner travels both backwards and forwards and the person dealing with this problem will have no idea if unit was moving backwards or forwards when problem arose.
Hardware :
How is Cycle Length controlled ? If no such capability exists mark cycle time on the Control Box, and ensure this is flagged in Owner’s Manual, with any delay before restart
The Control Box should carry a Firmware identification, and the Power Cord connector would benefit from a thin rubber protective sheath to prevent damage when cable is deployed or retrieved.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi... Thanks for this detailed review.. we have taken your comments on board and passed on to the relevant departments. Thanks.

Secret Harbour

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Love the Zodiac CX20

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

Our pool has never looked cleaner, we live on the coast so lots of wind carrying sand and leaves. the Zodiac chews it up no problem. The cord doesn't tangle like the other model we had before, the debri catchment is large and can handle big leaves. The other model didn't scrub so we love that the walls are cleaned properly as well. Last week to our distress it started tracking in one direction and only climbing the walls. Hope warranty fix is quick as can't imagine going back to cleaning manually.

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Roz, Thanks for the great review. We will most certainly be able to help you as quickly as possible. Have you been in touch with our Customer Service team? Thanks.

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Feeling less then satisfied

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

Hello. Purchased my Zodiac CX20 in November 2016 and the last few times I have started it there is no movement. It just sits in one spot, pumping water through the pump. Jump in the pool (which was a good excuse during the hear), give it a nudge and it starts working. However when it does move, intensive squeaking can be heard throughout the entire 2 hours of its cycle and even when I stand 10 meters from the pool. Today the issue got worse, now after some encouragement, it hits the end of the pool wall and just sits in one spot pumping water through the pump. Believe this could be the motor drive, but given that it is so new I wouldn't think it could be this. Want to give the team at Zodiac Customer Service Team the opportunity to remedy the issue, because at the moment, it looks like an expensive pool decoration.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi. Sorry to hear that you are having issues. May I ask if you have contacted the Customer Service team already? If you haven't, please send your details to apac.aftersales@zodiac.com. Please put a... read more »

Thank you. Sent an email this morning. Hope this issue gets resolved. For such a new item, one wouldn't think there would be significant issues within 2 months. Will submit a post to let you know how I go.

Two days have passed and no response to my email to Zodiac. Am starting to question the entire purchase now and feeling even less than impressed.

Excellent so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Just bought the CX20 today replacing my 5 year old Pandora Smart robot cleaner which died last week.
The CX20 is a simple basic cleaner that does the job as good as a $2,500 machine. Save money by not having the unneeded gimmicks such a as a remote control, timer, delay start, etc.
This machine is brilliant. Left my pool floor perfectly clean and the control box has an option for floor or wall only if you wish to not clean both.
Early days but so far so good.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Primi, Thanks for the great 5 star review! Happy Swimming.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Good alternative to suction cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

I was looking for a cleaner which will not be using my pool filtering system. Happy with how CX20 is handling the job in my odd shaped pool. Did not realise how much sand and silt I have got on the bottom until started to run this new cleaner. Picks up all the gum leaves and small branches as well. Only issue is pulling it out of the water, my wife cannot do it (maybe it's time to buy her a gym membership?)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the great review, Hu4man! Glad to hear that the CX20 is doing such a great job, Happy Swimming!

1 of 4 pages