West Wyalong

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Very good concept, but destroyed my pump

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2018

Worked very well and was happy with the leaf catcher, until I returned home to find my pump was running dry. I found the leaf catcher had turned upside down. I am not sure how this happened, it was working fine earlier. My guess is either the pool cleaner hose or a gust of wind from storms that day may have done this. Please be aware that this can happen and can destroy your pump. i was considering purchasing a Zodiac variable speed pump. Looks like I will be getting a new pump, but might stay clear of Zodiac.

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Andry, Thanks for the Review. As discussed with our Customer Care team, it would seem that a Storm has caused this damage rather than a fault with the product. Storm damage can be covered by Ins... read more »

Maroubra NSW 2015

• 1 review

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Wouldn't own a pool cleaner without a Cyclonic Leaf Catcher.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

I recently replaced a long-serving Zodiac G2 cleaner (with earlier model leaf catcher) which I thought was a very effective combo. However, I am even more impressed with my new T5 Duo with Cyclonic Leaf Catcher. Together they keep my pool in absolutely pristine condition - extracting even elongated leaves and twigs. These days I'm not spending much time scooping out stuff that the cleaner misses! The Cyclonic catcher is a distinct improvement over the earlier model in that because of its design, it offers less impedance to water flow when it contains leaves and other detritis. Also it is easier to empty and allows less particulate matter to flow to the skimmer and pump seives which saves time and effort as these don't need to be cleared as often.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi ChrisO, Thanks so much for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Couldn't attach to my pool hose

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

Could never get it attached to my pool hose. No suitable adapter came with the product and I was unable to find one at pool/pump shops, so it never got used. It sits alone in my shed. Looks good in theory. Could be great to use, but I will never know.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Please call us on 1300 763 021 and mention that you were asked to call on Product Review, we can help you from there. Thanks.

Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Works great after more than two years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I've had this thing for over two years and I still love it. It doesn't catch everything but it certainly helps.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thanks for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Really works well!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2016

Skimmer basket is quite clean after installing the Zodiac Cyclonic leaf catcher.
It's very easy to empty and does not drop leaves in the pool during emptying.
This is an essential piece of equipment for any suction pool cleaner.
Pool skimmer and Pump are clean now and filter is running efficiently.

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Jazzy, Thank you for your 5 star review and for taking the time to post this review. We are so happy to hear that your pool is ready for Summer, Happy Swimming.

Better than expected

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2016

The old Leaf eater finally died after several years of constant use so bought the cyclonic and new hoses. Between the two of them my pool is sparkling. Easy to see if it needs cleaning, easy to use. I can not fault it. I have been using for over a month now and no problems.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Mermaid Deb, thanks for the top review!

Great product for leafy pools

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2015

My pool is in a very leafy area. To be specific, I have a big pool with only once skimmer box so when I run the barracuda the skimmer box is relatively ineffective, resulting in lots of leaf matter on the bottom. Normally before I got this product Id have to clean out the skimmer box every day or two otherwise the pool pump would load up and be sucking through clogged leaf matter.

After getting this and hooking it up (minor complaint around one of the hose fittings - one end came with appropriate fittings, other didn't??), I'm now able to change the contents of the leaf cyclonic catcher once every 5-7 days, and down to about once a month for the skimmer box, as hardly anything makes it through. The cyclone effect means that you can have an almost full leaf catcher but still be pushing a good amount of water through the filter without loading up the pump. Its also handy that you can glance at it and work out if it needs cleaning out.

To be honest, I wish they'd design this into skimmer boxes! Then youd really be onto a winner

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Good to hear you're enjoying your unit, Tim - happy swimming!

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Changed my review - 'Stupid design which doesn't fit standard hoses and cumbersome to remove'

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2014

I reviewed this in Nov 2014 and have subsequently had to change all my hoses to the bayonet fit to match a new pool cleaner. The concept is very good and protects your pump by stopping material filling the skimmer basket (see below).

I am eating humble pie, as I have now had to use this for some time and realize it is better than my first review. It can be hard to untwist the canister reaching in from edge of the pool, but a POSITIVE is that this part is really heavy duty - and won't break like the earlier model.

It works well and has a large capacity. If you have bayonet hoses, I can now thoroughly recommend it.
-------------------------
Nov 2014 Review

Concept is good. It stops masses of leaves entering skimmer box basket and blocking it, thereby damaging pump motor. It this thing fills and blocks, the water bypasses it and goes in through the spring-loaded valve in the skimmer box plate. Contents are visible from the pool edge.

I had the earlier model, a simple device which connects easily to standard Zodiac male hoses (one with a pink adjuster collar). It was easy to remove the basket by a simple twist whilst still in the water. Would do this most mornings when heavy leaf attack. It lasted 6 years till the twist fit broke. (Just needed a design change here).

This new thing has bayonet fittings so it does not connect to normal push in Zodiac hoses. It is cumbersome to remove in the water. I am desperately trying to find old stock of the previous leaf catcher which worked well. Avoid this or get the pool shop to try and explain how to fit it!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Leaf catcher

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2013

I Bought Zodiac cyclonic leaf catcher, along with a onga mako shark cleaner, thinking it skimmed the top of the water. plonker!! it doesn't. it stops the leaves that are sucked from the bottom going into the skimmer box. It's alright. it may increase the life of the pump but i don't know for sure.
Hope this helps
Dunc

+ Easy to fit

- It doesn't take the leaves and bugs of the top of the pool

Comments

Dont rate something lower for a mistake you made by not reading what the actual product is used for.

Does it need Lube around the lid? Mine seems to be sucking air.

Rhonda asked on Oct 28, 2018

Answer this

Hi Rhonda, You can try some Lube to see if this helps. You need to ensure that the leaf Catcher is completely below water level. Please call us on 1300 763 021 if you need further help. Thanks.

The hose for the barracuda gets caught between the leaf catcher and the wall. Also the barracuda gets stuck on the leaf catcher. Any ideas?

Brad asked on Sep 26, 2018

Answer this

I have a different type of cleaner that only goes partway up the wall so this is not a problem. I would remove the leaf cleaner, and only use it when you will be around to keep an eye on it.

Hi Brad. Please give us a call on 1300 763 021, we can talk this through with you, Thanks.

I love the leaf catcher but find that it can be really difficult to unscrew the tops for cleaning the canister out. Any suggestions on making this easier ???

Jerry asked on Aug 25, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jerry. If you can call our Customer Care team on 1300 763 021 we can try and assist you over the phone? Thanks.

I had this problem too but have reduced it considerably by making sure that the surfaces that seal the top to the main body of the canister are well-coated with waterproof plumbers lubricant (the grease that plumbers use to lubricate o-rings).

See all 6 questions about Zodiac Cyclonic Leaf Catcher