Date Purchased: Jul 2017

I would have given 5.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

My new Flo Pro e 3 pump is getting good results but a question I have put to you 3 times via website indicated emails remains unanswered! Whatever suggested steps I take some air remains at the top of the filter cylinder.
It does not appear to effect the efficiency of the filtration but occasional squirts of bubbles through the pool inlet jets are irritating. This never happened with my previous pump! Is this normal/acceptable? Otherwise I would give it 5!

brisbane

• 4 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

extremely quiet

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

I had this pump installed after a solid 5 days talking to everyone in the pool industry I could about which type of pump and filter to buy. I ended up choosing this pump because of reviews and seems to be the one a lot of pool maintenance guys use . Its only been installed for 6 months and it is very, very quiet on eco pump. However, our automated cleaner does struggles to clean on eco mode. Perfectly fine on medium mode. I am sure the electricity bill will have to come down a lot also. Its easy to use, and it has good warranty. The pool is spotless when its on medium and can go a bit cloudy on Eco mode. I am still working out how to fine tune it. The guys who sold it to us were not very honest as they said is was a 1.5 horsepower motor when its only a 1 horsepower motor. Maybe not strong enough for the size pool we have [ 57000 litres] , who knows! Overall I am pretty happy with it.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Petal 1, Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that your Pump is working well. Happy Swimming!

Newcastle

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Impressed so far....very quiet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2017

When it was installed it was set on the "Boost" setting. Should I change it to the "Clean" setting to minimise power usage? And how many hours a day does it need to run on the "Clean" setting? I'm currently running it 5 hours a day on the "Boost" setting which seems fine.

July 31st 2017 Update: Last power bill cut by $250

I called Zodiac about which setting I should use. I was advised to try it on Eco as I don't have an automatic cleaner. So far so good. I received my power bill for the last quarter - down $250. There is no other reason for the reduction. In summer I may need to increase the time I run the pump on Eco and will need to switch it to "Boost" when I vacuum. Happy customer.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Yes, changing it to Clean will save Power. You should only need to use Boost when vacuuming or backwashing providing your Pump has been sized correctly. Please call 1300 763 021 if you have any further questions! Thanks.

Thanks. The Installation and Operation Manual is not easy to understand.

Just letting you know that I was able to vacuum successfully on Eco. There was no need to switch it to Boost. The pool had a winter's worth of gum leaves, gum nuts and other debris - all successful... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Not Happy with Authorised Zodiac Dealer advice.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

I purchased a Zodiac Flo Pro pool pump and Sand filter from a an Authorised Zodiac Dealer in Qld on 17.2.2015
They were bought as a matching pair to used on a 47,000 lt. pool we were installing.

They items were a Zodiac ZT650B Sand filter and a Flo Pro 1.5 Hp pool pump,which came with a remote wired control board.
The remote control board was a nightmare to program and also would not come on sometimes for programmed run time.
Complained to the dealer from where I purchased and had basicly no response.
Took the pump to an opposition Zodiac dealer in town,who is authorised to do Zodiac repairs.
They replaced the remote control board with the std 3 speed pump mounted panel which fixed the run time problem.
But the main issue has been consistent return of fine sediment to pool which settled out on the bottom and could only be removed by Vac to waste mode on the filter.
After 22 months of angst,looking at garbage on the bottom of the pool,I now believe I found the issue.

The Pump and Filter are mismatch,1.5 hp pump on a 25" filter does not fit,to my knowledge,the Zodiac Specification for coupling of pump to filter,(the filter has a design flow rate on its plate of 270 LPM.
The pump runs,especially on startup at a much higher,perhaps double the rate,and I believe it has been pushing
fine particles right through the filter and back to the pool. Presently running a 1/2 hp Onga on the filter,water is perfect.
I am taking the pump into the Zodiac authorised repair dealer in town today to hopefully get some satifactory result. Not Happy,$1000 pump in a wrong marriage, in my opinion.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 11 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Dead quiet and cheap to run

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

Was a bit tricky to set up ignitially but now, 12 months later, our power usuage is down by almost 55%
The set up instructions for the Zodiac pump could be more clearly written.
Certainly a marked improvement noise wise. Cannot hear it from 2 metres away. But I'm getting deaf ! (My wife tells me)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

CORRECTION.
I found the receipt. It was purchased on line from Poolshop on 3/11/2014 $715.
But again : the set up and installation instructions must be re written.

The most efficient speed at which your pool cleaner creeps over your pool floor is very critical. The cheaper pumps have just the one speed only, with the cleaner speed adjusted by reducing or en... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

No flo Pro flo

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2016

Flo pro e3 is 4 months old. It will not prime and gives a no flow message. I have tried the suggestions in the manual to no avail. It will not switch on now and gives a message to check the pump. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Erik, Our Aftersales Team would be happy to help you with this. If you would like to email us your details at apac.aftersales@zodiac.com, we can help with troubleshooting and book in a warranty ... read more »

Thanks i got the flow going but now it trips the safety switch for the pump when I turn it on. Sometimes it may run for a while then it trips the switch. When this happens and I turn the switch back on the pump will not start?.
Erik

Zodiac E3 8 Star

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2016

Good: it's so quiet that i run it all hours now. 1400 rpm still runs my zodiac SWC well, which was an initial concern, wayyy less power consumption which running 8-10hrs a day. Reckon this will payback in 12 months.

Not good: 1400rpm will not run my pool cleaner, it's got no guts for going up walls. I only have had this a few days, so I'm still solving this issue. I will likely increase increments until it climbs my walls, but buyer beware, 1400rpm ECO mode does not go up my pool walls.

Good not excellent for above reasons

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Phil W, thank you for taking the time to write a review! The 1400RPM is for filtration. The Clean Mode will operate at 2150RPM which will ensure sufficient operation with your suction cleaner. Y... read more »

Appreciate the feedback that's what I did it's a good product.

My New Zodiac Pump, just the ducks nuts!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2016

My current sand filter & salt water chlorinator is all Zodiac, which has been bullet proof to date (10 years old) (apart from the pump which just died & was not a Zodiac product), I am extremely happy with the Zodiac equipment so decided to purchase the Zodiac FloPro E3 pump, Pt Douglas Pool Shop was outstanding & gave a fantastic service, they also offered to install my new pump for me & went out there way after it was installed to explain to me how to use the controller & clean the pump filter basket, to date the pump is so much quieter than my old one, and the controller is so easy to use, and the flow rate is so much better than the old one even on clean mode (the new pump is slightly smaller than the old one in size too!). I Have no hesitation in recommending any Zodiac product to anyone.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you for the great review Tony, we're happy to hear you love our products and have been looked after so well by the staff at Pt Douglas Pool Shop!

Verified Purchase

Great Pump bad water resistance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2016

I had 2 FlowPro pumps installed 1 year ago, the first pump got water into the electronics within the first month and had to be replaced, the other pump has now just packed up due to water in the electronics but Zodiac will not honour the warranty due to the way the pump was uninstalled to deliver to the agent for repairs. Not a very good backup for the warranty.
Zodiac should look at the design to ensure that water cannot enter the electronics of the pump.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Andrew, the FloPro Pumps are rated at IP25 and meet the Ingress Protection (IP) Requirements. Ensuring the drain holes are not being blocked is important as this could be a potential cause for t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 answers

didnt last

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2016

Pump is 6months out of warranty and I'm on my own had fault from start every now and then it would say no flow and now it won't go and it's not worth fixing and shop could care less very unhappy with zodiac they just left me out to dry

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Grant, can we ask that you get in touch with our After Sales team on 1300 763 021 or email apac.aftersales@zodiac.com? They would like to follow this up with you. Thank you

Zodiac are a company that sell poor service and even poorer products

Excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2015

We have all Zodiac products on our pool and have found them to be excellent and reliable. We had to replace our pool pump and it was so easy as the old Zodiac pump was removed and new pump fitted back on with ease with no changes to plumbing. Excellent

Comments
Zodiac Official

Glad to hear you like it - thanks for the great review ma!

Peace and quiet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2015

Just had a new zodiac flopro pump installed, and can't believe how quite it is , I can hear the birds in the back yard now unbelievable, I would recommend a zodiac pump to everyone you won't be disappointed. I'm so glad my pool man from narellen pools has installed this pump. Manny

Zodiac FloPro e3

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2015

Just had a Zodiac ePump installed as recommended by the pool builder on our newly built pool. It is so much quieter than the pump we had on our last pool and so far we aren't having to add as many chemicals. We haven't got our first electricity bill yet, but because it has the energy efficient setting I am sure it will be less expensive to run than our last pump.

Helensburgh

Zodiac FloPro E3 - Quiet & Cheap to Run

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2015

Replaced my 3 year old Hurlcon CTX280 with a new Zodiac Flopro E3 variable speed pump. Placed it on 2 small pieced of decking board & it went straight in - although had to change the connecting flanges as the Hurlcon ones wont seal against the Zodiac. ( so get 1m pipe & 2 x 90 bends + 2 straight sockets + glue) The pump was easy to install. It is noticeably quieter than my old pump at 50dB. It only draws a bit over 1 amp in Eco mode so cheap cheap to run. In Boost mode - runs really well and and can move the water as well as the Hurlcon. Remember that in Eco mode - the flow rate is a lot lower the Hurlcons' 280lpm. My pool - only 10000L in ground fibreglass - so both pumps are way overkill and only had to run for a minimum hours. Even though I only ran the Hurlcon for 5hrs a day - I will still get a really god saving from the Zodiac in energy costs - and I can run it longer for very little additional cost. I suppose the issue for me to change it over came down to the Hurlcon bearings had gone - it was expensive to run for more than 5 hrs a day - lucky I only had a small pool - but the noise reduction & the savings together should be worth it. Payback approx 2 years based on the hours I was running. Low noise - priceless. Long warranty - peace of mind.

Better than we knew it would be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2014

We have upgraded our pump and it has save us $$ with energy consumption. It is so quite you don't know its there. Great product!

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you for your feedback EmmaM, it's great to hear how happy you are with your FloPro!

• 4 comments
  • 18 answers
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

New pool pump fixes power costs

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2014

I just installed a new Zodiac e pump with three speeds. The systems works well with a starting speed that is simply brilliant. When it slows I do have a few problems. I cannot run it at the slowest speed as the chlorinator gets a large bubble in the tube and when the water level drops below about half it stops the chlorination. The pump cleans well and uses less power but the chlorination of the pool suffers a bit. If anyone has any ideas I would like to hear them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi northernangler, I'm glad to hear how happy you are with your FloPro e3 pool pump. The Low Speed (Eco Mode) is designed for filtration purposes only to ensure your pool water is kept healthy by... read more »

Brisbane

Zodiac FloPro e3

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2013

I replaced my broken old pump with this Flo Pro e3 over the weekend for my 63,000L salt water pool. Pretty simple to install if you don't mind cutting and gluing pressure pipe. The pump came with two 50mm-40mm reducers and the pool shop gave me the other connectors and pressure pipe to finish the install. Took about 15mins to get in and running. I was hesitatant to hand over twice what a normal pump would cost but I am so far impressed with it.

My old pump had broken and the pool had not been cleaned for about 5 days. The new pump on boost took about 4-5hours to clean the pool and had it looking sparkling again. I've since been running it on the eco setting for about twice the amount of time. The new pump is whisper quiet on the low setting so I don't mind running it late into the night and early in the morning. I was sold on the idea that I would save my money in the long run plus the $150 rebate from the Govt (Qld). I didn't think I'd use the variable speed setting but after this pump has been installed, I must admit it's handy to have variable speed in case the pool needs an extra boost when its windy (I have a lot of trees around my pool) and eco for everyother time.

Eventhough my old pump was 1HP (same as the new one) the new pump seems noticably more powerful (probably because the old one was about to die).

Only had the pump for a few days so I can't comment on longevity. Will update in time.

+ Quiet, variable speed, efficent

- Twice the price of a normal pump (pay for what you get I suppose)

Toowoomba, QLD

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers

Quiet and powerful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2013

I needed to replace the pump for my swimming pool (50,000 litre salt water) a few weeks ago. I was keen to find a quiet energy saving one. After visiting lots of pump shops and websites, I settled on this 7 star, 3 speed variable one. After three weeks I am really happy with it and especially how quiet it is.

+ Quiet, energy efficient (7 star), easy to use

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Two years on and the pump still works without a problem. Still nice and quiet which I like. My pool is 10 metres long and initially wasn't circulating the water very well, as the outlet nozzles wer... read more »

Needed some advice on the most efficient pool pump that's reasonably priced and lowest running costs. Thank you

seelan asked on Oct 31, 2017

Answer this

I did an enormous amount of research into this. It's not that simple as you have to make sure local people can service them if they need it, and getting parts etc..
I guess in the end I went for the Zodiac as it seemed the most popular and familiar to everyone as well as efficient and cost worthy. I came close to purchasing a German made pool pump that had a very good track record and seemed very energy economical but no one had heard of it and getting parts etc... made me nervous.
My electricity bill has come down with the Zodiac, and we run ours mostly on medium, not even the lowest setting. We have to do this as a pool cleaner needs the medium setting to really work properly.. in winter I run it more on low for the power advantages. Overall we are pretty happy so far [ its been a year now] with the Zodiac.

Thanks so much for sharing! I really appreciate your help. I am also considering the zodiac : it looks very expensive though and I am wondering whether there is a close alternative?? Any ideas? What came second in your search other than the German version?

Any views on the astral variable speed pump?

I want to use oro flow e3 with a heat pump that demands 10- 12 m3 per hour. Can the rco mode cope (10m head). Or can uou tell me the RPM to achive this. Thank you. Simon.

Simon in spain asked on Oct 11, 2017

Hi Simon

I have no idea. Perhaps direct your question to Zodiac....phone 1300 767 021.

Regards
Gilly

Hi I have just installed a heat pump requiring 2.8l/s what speed to I need to run my e3 flopro pump to get this, pool plumbing does not have a lot of restrictions/head in both suction and discharge lines. Thank Jamie

Jimmy asked on Aug 31, 2017

Answer this

Hi my pump was installed on the "boost" setting so I called Zodiac and they said that if I didn't have an automatic cleaner I should try running it on the "eco" setting. Since changing the setting I have saved 42% on my power bill (previous bill was $517, current bill $295) so I'm very impressed. Not sure how it will go in summer. I may have to run it longer. Hope this helps.

Sorry I can't answer that. I do know that our auto vacuum cleaner does not work unless on medium because it doesn't have enough guts.
Maybe ring zodiac for advice

See all 14 questions about Zodiac FloPro e3 Pool Pump