Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Not happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Not all that great when it goes it cleans well it’s noisy not good value Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Dicko, Sorry to hear your not happy, Are you able to provide some details and we might be able to help? Thanks.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

g2 4 stars

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Fantastic design and technology. the name genie should be reinstated as it is the greatest robot slave. can at times get stuck on light but that is not its fault its the protruding light design fault my waterco.my only beef is the large defector wheel should be included and a spare diaphram too for 2 year warranty. even if the diaphragm does not split max life of the genuine is 6-7 months.. so it slows down and the comp. ring too replace every 3 years. even though not broken its worn replace.
love the new hoses design and pins twist.but come up with a better attachment at the skimmer box and offer a plate with a skim and a pressure adj., as every ones is a little different so pump pressures adjustments is not that easy . mine is deep box old so had too cut off end of hose own method pool .32ft cement rubber paint 6.6 t deep end. Oh and the diaphragm complaints will all be non genuine plastic type. they are useless. non gen rubber/plastic like the aussie golds a good but only a 5 dollar save. now the original logo genie and stamp should go on the skirt. the barracuda logo should be a sticker on bumper as before. The model g2 is a code not a name. people who state 10 years must not have them running 6hrs/day.at that they last 5 years. this is my 5th.waiting for my free part diaphragm under warranty.ph0295252272
fix these little errors its 5 stars and kreepy is out of the market all together and hammerhead etc.oh... and please do not discontinue genie for t5. pool and spa warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Paul, Thanks for stopping by and leaving this review. Happy Swimming!

Calamvale

• 3 comments

Date Purchased: Jan 2013

Good Pool Cleaner let down by terrible diaphram

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

The G2 works well generally but the diaphragm simply isn't up to the job, it consistently fails (splits) in the same place every time in less than 12 months and the concept of, "take it back to where you bought it with your receipt and they will replace it" is unacceptable.

1/ I didn't buy it to have to return parts every 12 months
2/ I don't keep receipts for every item I buy, completely impractical
3/ the shop agree it's an ongoing concern and they replace a huge number of them
4/ you know it's an issue but have not addressed the poor design

If redesigning the diaphragm isn't possible perhaps include 2 in the box and when people buy a replacement give them a second one free to again match your warranty

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Greg, Thanks for your review. We take all Feedback seriously and it is passed on to our design team. We are sorry to hear that you have been informed otherwise. If you have issues and require... read more »

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Not Happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

The vaguest set of instructions I've ever had for an item I've paid so much money for. I can't get the terrible connections to go together. The previous cleaner I bought at Aldi was 100% better. Very frustrating because I can't put it together. No instructions for the leaf catcher and the connections themselves dont secure tightly. I'm so angry I've wasted my money on this garbage.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Jay, Sorry to hear that your experience has been frustrating. We do have a dedicated team here to help with these type of enquiries. Please PM your details or call us on 1300 763 021. I have pas... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

An excellent product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I have had a Barracuda G2 for the past ten years. It has always been an excellent product. It was time for replacement and I didn't think twice to purchase the product again. My new Barracuda G2 has the new style of hoses with the twist and lock. I think this new feature is very good. I highly recommend this product.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Lou, Thank you for the 5 star review. We are so glad to hear that the G2 has been such a reliable Cleaner over the past 10 years. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great Customer Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

This is my second purchase of a Zodiac G2, the first one was bought about 10 years and it was ready for replacement. I had a couple of issues with the new purchase but after some dialogue with the customer service team they posted me out replacement parts. This is great customer service.

The G2 is a good, solid cleaner. It has a simple design and little maintenance is required. Over time you will need to replace the diaphragm (most often), the skirt and foot along with hoses. My only criticism (hence 4 stars) it that it has a habit of getting stuck around the stairs (kidney shaped pool) despite the fact that I have mounted a large deflector wheel. I have found that moving around the hose weight(s) assists for a while but then it reverts back to type and starts to get stuck again!!

Purchased at: Pump Factory

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Steve, Thanks for the review. If you need anything to help get the Cleaner working at 100% please email us or give us a call. We are happy to help, Thanks!

Adelaide

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2011

Its ok for for my peblecrete pool

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

Since bought it about 6 years ago, iv had to replace 1 foot, 2 skirts, 3 diaphragms and 15 hose sections (UV makes the brittle) .
Little trick, I've recently discovered,in regards to diaphragm splits, is to it patch up with electrical tape (clean and dry firstly). Got out buying another diaphragm.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Maverick, thanks for dropping by to leave this feedback.

Broadbeach Waters

• 9 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2006

10 years on and still going.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

Bought this unit just over 10 years ago and although it's been through 10 or so diaphragms (non genuine 15 bucks each), 1 skirt and foot (40 bucks on eBay) and a new hose perished from sun exposure (70 bucks on eBay), it still cleans our massive pool (70 thousand litres). It's looking a bit worse for wear now but I think we'll still get another year or two out of it. I'm happy with that.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Big Al, Thanks for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

G2 leaves in diaphragm

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

My Zodiac G2 keeps getting leaves stuck in the diaphragm causing the G2 to stop. I have changed the diaphragm and cleaned the filter and have plenty of suction. I have had various previous Zodiac products and the reviews of the G2 were excellent, so I am really disappointed. Any ideas?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Can you please confirm what type of leaves you are having the issue with? Thanks.

We have Lilly pilly shrubs beside the pool for privacy

Sorted the problem. Skimmer plate was loose and after fixing that the suction is fine and G2 working well.

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

efficient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

so far the Zodiac seems to work very much better than the Mantra that we replaced with the Zodiac, I do need to watch if it gets stuck near steps too long. It is much better climbing the pool walls seems to move a little faster and the hose connections seem to be very good.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Glad to hear things are working well. Happy Swimming!

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Works well and no problems

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I replaced an 8 year old Zodiac Barracuda that had completely worn out in a large concrete pool with a new G2. Immediately noticed the construction is simply but the cleaning is very effective. My older model had a tendency to flip on its back or have the skirt fold underneath. No problems with this basic model G2. The owner of the Southside Pool Services store in Canning Vale WA was very knowledgeable and helpful.

This thing really climbs walls - sometimes till the skirt comes up out of the water. Only thing that has stopped it has been Lilly Pilly berries which can jam in the diaphragm. I expect the diaphragm to split every year or two - hasn't in twelve months of 7 hrs a day operation. You can get them cheaper online.

Overall a great product. Together with the inline Zodiac Leaf catcher (see my review) makes keeping my large pool adjacent to two large Jacaranda trees always very clean.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Stevo, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the G2 a 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Nov 2013

Unrealiable.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2017

You have to routinely "fiddle" with the unit to ensure it operates satisfactorily. Spare parts are outrageously expensive (at least through your local pool store).

Unit routinely gets caught on different sections of the pool. You seem to resolve this (by spending hours playing around with the hose, head, etc) and then in a few weeks it gets stuck consistently at a different spot. Not irregularly have to move the head unit multiple times each day (or just disconnect it).. Has been like this for the 3 years we have had the unit. Have had various pool technicians assess it. Have jets correctly directed and have replaced to the hydrostatic value on the pool (as reported by others this is a regular favourite for the cleaner to get stuck on).

In the long run cheaper and possibly less time consuming to just manually vacuum the pool once a week. Would not buy a Baracuda again.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the Cleaner. Have you tried laying the hoses out flat during the day and overnight? As the hoses have a memory in them, they will continue to ha... read more »

Date Purchased: Jun 2012

Maintenance issues

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2017

Reasonly happy with the G2, have gone through a few diaphragm over the years but generally good. The only thing is the diaphragm that is attached to a white pipe works its way out after a couple of hours. Does this mean the cassette chamber is worn and needs replacing.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Lawry, Thanks for your review. From time to time, parts will need replacing due to the running and moving sections. I would suggest taking the unit to the pool shop to double check what needs to be replaced, Thanks.

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Fatal flaw

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

Absolutely loved it until the Diaphragm split. The original lasted just over a year so I had to pay for a new one.$28.00. Lasted a month. Our pool shop has a box of split diaphragms and unhappy customers. Zodiac say that they have fixed the problem!!!!!!!!!!! If this is the solution do not touch it. Note. A few spares on hand would help a little.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Deirdre. Sorry you have been having issues with your Unit. Can you please confirm what suction level you are running the Cleaner at?

The lowest level. It provides ample movement.

Zodiac Official

Hi Deirdre, Thanks for the response. The unit has a 2 year warranty, if you believe that your unit is faulty or require more help, please call and we can help you from there. Our contact number is 1300 763 021, Thanks.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Diaphram issue

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2017

Diaphram ($25-30) continuously splits at exactly same point every 4-6 weeks. Not an excessive pressure issue. Local pool store conafirmed it is a well known and very common problem. Clearly a fatal design flaw that Zodiac needs to address before anyone should buy what is otherwise a low maintenance and effective cleaner.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2016

Very Poor Performance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

ONE TO BE AVOIDED

I bought this from Pool & Spa Warehouse and have been extremely unsatisfied with the performance and their lack of support.
- It does not clean the entirety of the pool, only a small fraction
- It tracks along the same path
- It repeatedly gets stuck in certain positions
- It does not transition from shallow end to deep end with full suction (either one or the other - not both)
- I have tried all the recommended settings and configurations (as suggested by the manual and the vendor) with counterweights, pump power, valve settings, hose lengths, hose removal/drying, etc all without success
- Multiple components have failed and require replacement (this unit is only 6 months old)
At a cost of $500, I am still manually cleaning the pool - save your money or look elsewhere.

I would not recommend this Zodiac product, nor Pool & Spa Warehouse.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, May I ask if you have spoken with Zodiac Customer Service directly?I am sorry that you have not had a good experience with this retailer, however if you have not been in contact with us, we wou... read more »

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Does a great job in our pool.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

Purchased this cleaner to replace a very old Kreepy Krauly.
It has performed very well since we got it.
Covers the whole pool including the walls (Kreepy had lost this ability).
Leaf pickup has been excellent both via skimmer and from floor. We have a few gum trees around, so there are always plenty of leaves to contend with and so far the G2 has performed very well.
Love the interlocking hose design.
Would certainly recommend it.

Purchased at: Best Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Time to relax

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

This unit is light years ahead of my previous unit that shall remain nameless. I now only need to vacuum the steps in my pool and the G2 looks after the rest. It gets up the walls well and powers around the rest of the pool with ease. I get a lot of leaf debris in the pool which it handles with ease. I can now enjoy the pool with very little effort.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for your review, Happy to hear that the G2 is performing at a 5 star rating. Thanks an Happy Swimming!

• 1 question

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Better than my expectations

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

I installed the G2 after carefully reading instructions and it is performing very well indeed, covering the whole pool except the top steps - (which would be a very big ask!) Cleans (light) debris effortlessly. Next Winter I will see how well it can the heavy fall from a nearby Jacaranda tree, with a pool cover in place to help it along.

However, it has stuck on the hydrostatic valve cover several times. I have just adjusted two inlets to point away from the cover and am waiting to see if this fixes the problem If not, I will be looking to the experts for a solution to this problem.

Comments
Zodiac Official

HI Dave, Thanks for your review. Please call us on 1300 763 021 if you have any problems. Thanks!

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Excellent product - My fourth one in 20 years - on pebble pool (one of the hardest to keep clean)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2016

My fourth one in 20 years (1st one was a Manta by Poolrite, same concept and diaphragm), that's nearly 7 years I've had out of each. I have a lot of gum trees mainly Wandoo. Fills my skimmer packed full in one day (now have the Zodiac leaf catcher - brilliant - which it fills one or two of in one day, with leaves and small sticks up to 3mm diam and 10-20 cm long.
It just works. No cleaning out filters etc. or power cord.
Need to be aware that the diaphragm needs replacing about every 6 months, and may have a break that is only just noticeable, but prevents it moving properly.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Anom, Thank you for your 5 star review. Great to hear that you love your Zodiac. We appreciate the loyal support. Happy Swimming.

1 of 3 pages

hi I have a new G2. It cleans well however it is very noisy in that the head pulses very loudly. I took it apart while operational (under water) and could not identify the issue as the noise seemed to be coming from inside the assembly not the rubber head as i took it off (it does sound like flapping). I have screwed the blue and yellow rings tightly. I installed it straight out of the box. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Steve

Steve T. asked on Oct 27, 2017

Answer this

Sounds like too much suction, have you used the flow meter/gauge supplied with the kit?

We have a power saving pool pump, it runs at greater suction on start up then slows down,
our cleaner head makes a noise similar to what you're describing on start up but quietens down when the pump (suction) slows down

Thanks Greg. i used the flow meter and it is at 3. I don't think i can set the AD lower as the lever is on the bottom lip already. Yes I suspect there is too much suction as well. I'll play around with it some more. Thanks for the tip re the pump.

Steve.

What is the average life expectancy of the Zodiac Z3 had mine 4 years. 3 new diaphrams Now the directional ring has perished ?

Mark Rendall asked on Mar 21, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mark. Parts such of the diaphragm do need to be changed from time to time. There are a number if factors that can cause the part to fail. You should check your suction using the Pool Pulse to ensure that high suction is not causing the part to fail. Can you confirm what part you are referring to when you say directional ring? If you havent already, you can contact our Customer service and discuss the issues with them direct, 1300 763 021. Thanks.

The approx 300 mm ring that sits above the body is what I mean.

Have just replaced the foot on my Barracuda and the skirt keeps coming off. Does the skirt get soft or is there another reason I cannot see that it would persistently just come off?

Jack asked on Jan 20, 2017

Answer this

I've only owned it for a month with no issues at all so I'm probably not the best qualified to answer. Perhaps the Zodiac rep will chime in.

Hi, The skirt on the Baracuda does need to be replaced from time to time as a moving/perishable part. If you are finding that the Skirt is doing this, it might be time to replace. Please call us on 1300 763 021 if you have any further issues. Thanks!

Product Details