Perth

• 4 comments

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Driving me mad!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

I work away a fair bit and bought this as a friend recommended it thinking it would be ok to leave with the family to use. It was great but after 6 months it hardly works. I have to pick it up by the nearest hose and shake it. Then it works for a bit but stops again, tried all the suggestions on YouTube but alas it doesn't work any better.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. There could be a number of reasons for the unit not working hopefully and quick fix for this. We would be able to help you, can you please confir... read more »

Hi, thanks for the response! Yes I am in Perth.

Zodiac Official

Great! May I ask if you can inbox your details via our Facebook Page of DM on Product Review? We can get the ball rolling and your cleaner up and running!!

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I spent maybe 6 hours trying different configuration to have it to stop getting stuck. At the end it costed me an extra deflector (for the price the unit could come with the different sizes deflector...). Then you can just forget about it if like me you have a concrete pool with some mosaic coming loose. It looks like Zodiac engineer made the inside diameter of the diaphragm the exact same size of the most common mosaic square. If any are coming loose they get stuck inside and the unit stop working...

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Dus, This is the Australian version of Product Review, If you are able to place your review on the correct region, they can address these issues for you, Thanks.

burpengary east

• 3 comments

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Not at all happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

Bought a Zodiac G2 late 2017, for the first 6 weeks or so I couldn't fault it but now it only goes around the bottom of the pool and as soon as it tries to go up the side it sucks itself down in the corner and stays there, it will stay there for days until someone physically moves it. I've tried adjusting eyeballs, moving the weight, lengthening/shortening the hose, increasing/decreasing the flow and backwashing, nothing helps.

Steve G

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Steve, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. May I ask if you have spoken to our Customer Care team? We would love to be able to try and get your Cleaning up and running for you. Thanks.

No I haven't

Zodiac Official

Are you able to send us your details via Facebook Inbox or Private message on Product Review and we can contact you, Thanks.

Perth

• 3 comments

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Good pool cleaner but let down by poor quality diaphragm

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2018

Used Zodiac pool cleaners for many years. My 1 yr old G2 works well but seriously let down by poor quality diaphragms, 3 units which has failed after about 2 months. Genuine replacements overpriced. Generic brands much cheaper and seem to last longer. Zodiac seem to know about the problem but as far as i know have done nothing to rectify it. Thus now looking for alternative.product.

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Trev, Thanks for your review. We here at Zodiac take all Feedback seriously and is reported to our R&D Team. May I ask if you have spoken to or would like to speak to one of our Customer Care team? Thanks.

No I haven't spoken to customer care team.
Diaphragm fails at same location each time at circular date stamp. Can send phito if required.

Zodiac Official

Hi Trev, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. If you would like to speak to one of our Customer Care team, please call 1300 763 021 or you can email photos and your contact details to apac.technicalsupport@zodiac.com, Thanks.

Date Purchased: Jan 2005

Perhaps I'm easily pleased

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I read some reviews (mostly bad) on the Zodiac G2. I had one for 13 years & in that time replaced the diaphragm twice, the skirt & foot once. It cleaned the pool perfectly, picking up the many daily gum leaves. I have just replaced it with a T5 duo because it is supposed to be.the replacement for the G2. So far, it is put putting around the pool, up the walls and doing the job just as well as the G2 - but quieter.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you for your review.

Date Purchased: Oct 2015

A good cleaner when it is going

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I have had this product for just over 3 years and when it is working it does a good job.

The issue I am currently having is that the head comes away from the hose, as there is nothing but friction holding it on.

When this happens the pump has a high chance of burning out if it starts pumping air.

So its a problem having this poor attaching system.

It also goes though diaphrams very quickly due to a design flaw of putting a production date stamp on the diaphram, and this is the point that it breaks after about 6 months.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Steve, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. If you would like to speak to one of our Customer Care team, please call 1300 763 021, Thanks.

Not Happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Gets stuck in certain corners of the pool and the Wheel deflector get stuck at the pool eyeballs. If no one is home to untangle it it can stay stuck all day. It is also a bit noisy. Not Happy. Not Happy.Not Happy Not Happy Not Happy Not Happy Not Happy

Not happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Not all that great when it goes it cleans well it’s noisy not good value Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy Not happy

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Dicko, Sorry to hear your not happy, Are you able to provide some details and we might be able to help? Thanks.

g2 4 stars

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Fantastic design and technology. the name genie should be reinstated as it is the greatest robot slave. can at times get stuck on light but that is not its fault its the protruding light design fault my waterco.my only beef is the large defector wheel should be included and a spare diaphram too for 2 year warranty. even if the diaphragm does not split max life of the genuine is 6-7 months.. so it slows down and the comp. ring too replace every 3 years. even though not broken its worn replace.
love the new hoses design and pins twist.but come up with a better attachment at the skimmer box and offer a plate with a skim and a pressure adj., as every ones is a little different so pump pressures adjustments is not that easy . mine is deep box old so had too cut off end of hose own method pool .32ft cement rubber paint 6.6 t deep end. Oh and the diaphragm complaints will all be non genuine plastic type. they are useless. non gen rubber/plastic like the aussie golds a good but only a 5 dollar save. now the original logo genie and stamp should go on the skirt. the barracuda logo should be a sticker on bumper as before. The model g2 is a code not a name. people who state 10 years must not have them running 6hrs/day.at that they last 5 years. this is my 5th.waiting for my free part diaphragm under warranty.ph0295252272
fix these little errors its 5 stars and kreepy is out of the market all together and hammerhead etc.oh... and please do not discontinue genie for t5. pool and spa warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Paul, Thanks for stopping by and leaving this review. Happy Swimming!

Calamvale

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2013

Good Pool Cleaner let down by terrible diaphram

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

The G2 works well generally but the diaphragm simply isn't up to the job, it consistently fails (splits) in the same place every time in less than 12 months and the concept of, "take it back to where you bought it with your receipt and they will replace it" is unacceptable.

1/ I didn't buy it to have to return parts every 12 months
2/ I don't keep receipts for every item I buy, completely impractical
3/ the shop agree it's an ongoing concern and they replace a huge number of them
4/ you know it's an issue but have not addressed the poor design

If redesigning the diaphragm isn't possible perhaps include 2 in the box and when people buy a replacement give them a second one free to again match your warranty

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Greg, Thanks for your review. We take all Feedback seriously and it is passed on to our design team. We are sorry to hear that you have been informed otherwise. If you have issues and require... read more »

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Not Happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

The vaguest set of instructions I've ever had for an item I've paid so much money for. I can't get the terrible connections to go together. The previous cleaner I bought at Aldi was 100% better. Very frustrating because I can't put it together. No instructions for the leaf catcher and the connections themselves dont secure tightly. I'm so angry I've wasted my money on this garbage.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Jay, Sorry to hear that your experience has been frustrating. We do have a dedicated team here to help with these type of enquiries. Please PM your details or call us on 1300 763 021. I have pas... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

An excellent product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I have had a Barracuda G2 for the past ten years. It has always been an excellent product. It was time for replacement and I didn't think twice to purchase the product again. My new Barracuda G2 has the new style of hoses with the twist and lock. I think this new feature is very good. I highly recommend this product.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Lou, Thank you for the 5 star review. We are so glad to hear that the G2 has been such a reliable Cleaner over the past 10 years. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great Customer Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

This is my second purchase of a Zodiac G2, the first one was bought about 10 years and it was ready for replacement. I had a couple of issues with the new purchase but after some dialogue with the customer service team they posted me out replacement parts. This is great customer service.

The G2 is a good, solid cleaner. It has a simple design and little maintenance is required. Over time you will need to replace the diaphragm (most often), the skirt and foot along with hoses. My only criticism (hence 4 stars) it that it has a habit of getting stuck around the stairs (kidney shaped pool) despite the fact that I have mounted a large deflector wheel. I have found that moving around the hose weight(s) assists for a while but then it reverts back to type and starts to get stuck again!!

Purchased at: Pump Factory

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Steve, Thanks for the review. If you need anything to help get the Cleaner working at 100% please email us or give us a call. We are happy to help, Thanks!

Adelaide

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2011

Its ok for for my peblecrete pool

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

Since bought it about 6 years ago, iv had to replace 1 foot, 2 skirts, 3 diaphragms and 15 hose sections (UV makes the brittle) .
Little trick, I've recently discovered,in regards to diaphragm splits, is to it patch up with electrical tape (clean and dry firstly). Got out buying another diaphragm.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Maverick, thanks for dropping by to leave this feedback.

Broadbeach Waters

• 9 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2006

10 years on and still going.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

Bought this unit just over 10 years ago and although it's been through 10 or so diaphragms (non genuine 15 bucks each), 1 skirt and foot (40 bucks on eBay) and a new hose perished from sun exposure (70 bucks on eBay), it still cleans our massive pool (70 thousand litres). It's looking a bit worse for wear now but I think we'll still get another year or two out of it. I'm happy with that.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Big Al, Thanks for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

G2 leaves in diaphragm

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

My Zodiac G2 keeps getting leaves stuck in the diaphragm causing the G2 to stop. I have changed the diaphragm and cleaned the filter and have plenty of suction. I have had various previous Zodiac products and the reviews of the G2 were excellent, so I am really disappointed. Any ideas?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Can you please confirm what type of leaves you are having the issue with? Thanks.

We have Lilly pilly shrubs beside the pool for privacy

Sorted the problem. Skimmer plate was loose and after fixing that the suction is fine and G2 working well.

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

efficient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

so far the Zodiac seems to work very much better than the Mantra that we replaced with the Zodiac, I do need to watch if it gets stuck near steps too long. It is much better climbing the pool walls seems to move a little faster and the hose connections seem to be very good.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Glad to hear things are working well. Happy Swimming!

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Works well and no problems

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2017

I replaced an 8 year old Zodiac Barracuda that had completely worn out in a large concrete pool with a new G2. Immediately noticed the construction is simply but the cleaning is very effective. My older model had a tendency to flip on its back or have the skirt fold underneath. No problems with this basic model G2. The owner of the Southside Pool Services store in Canning Vale WA was very knowledgeable and helpful.

This thing really climbs walls - sometimes till the skirt comes up out of the water. Only thing that has stopped it has been Lilly Pilly berries which can jam in the diaphragm. I expect the diaphragm to split every year or two - hasn't in twelve months of 7 hrs a day operation. You can get them cheaper online.

Overall a great product. Together with the inline Zodiac Leaf catcher (see my review) makes keeping my large pool adjacent to two large Jacaranda trees always very clean.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Stevo, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the G2 a 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Nov 2013

Unrealiable.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2017

You have to routinely "fiddle" with the unit to ensure it operates satisfactorily. Spare parts are outrageously expensive (at least through your local pool store).

Unit routinely gets caught on different sections of the pool. You seem to resolve this (by spending hours playing around with the hose, head, etc) and then in a few weeks it gets stuck consistently at a different spot. Not irregularly have to move the head unit multiple times each day (or just disconnect it).. Has been like this for the 3 years we have had the unit. Have had various pool technicians assess it. Have jets correctly directed and have replaced to the hydrostatic value on the pool (as reported by others this is a regular favourite for the cleaner to get stuck on).

In the long run cheaper and possibly less time consuming to just manually vacuum the pool once a week. Would not buy a Baracuda again.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the Cleaner. Have you tried laying the hoses out flat during the day and overnight? As the hoses have a memory in them, they will continue to ha... read more »

Date Purchased: Jun 2012

Maintenance issues

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2017

Reasonly happy with the G2, have gone through a few diaphragm over the years but generally good. The only thing is the diaphragm that is attached to a white pipe works its way out after a couple of hours. Does this mean the cassette chamber is worn and needs replacing.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Lawry, Thanks for your review. From time to time, parts will need replacing due to the running and moving sections. I would suggest taking the unit to the pool shop to double check what needs to be replaced, Thanks.

1 of 4 pages