Date Purchased: May 2017

Works when it wants to

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I've had the MX6 for about a year and a half now and have also experienced it getting clogged a number of times but a small twig or a few leaves. It hasn't been too much of an issue: it clears easily enough and has mostly sucked up the leaves at the bottom. However, over the past 3 weeks I've been experiencing the same problems as others on this forum. It constantly gets stuck on the stairs and rolls onto its back or side. I've adjusted the valve flow, cleaned out the entire system and tried adding/subtracting the hose length. Nothing has improved the situation. I really don't want to spend another $300 on a pool cleaner. Any help, Zodiac?

Purchased at: Amazon

Comments
Zodiac Official

HI Bryan, Thank you for reaching out. May I ask where you are located so we can offer you the best help. Thanks.

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Terrible don’t waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

This is the worst pool cleaner I’ve ever owned in 30 years. It immediately get stuck in any possible corner or step or anywhere in your pool. The customer service people advise me not to leave it in the pool. What good is a pool cleaner you’re not supposed to leave in the pool. When it does get stuck it ruins the rubber bands which are the tracks.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Randy, Sorry that you are not happy with the MX6 Cleaner. If you would like to send us your details via DM, we can readdress these issues. Thanks.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Poor quality of hoses. Zodiac MX6

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

My pool is inground vynil liner. I purchased the Zodiac MX6: Excellent pool vacuum ( Rate 10 out of 10). Best than other pool vacuum.
The main problem of Zodiac MX6 are hoses too weaks. I would like to know where to buy another kinds of hoses for Zodiac M6

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Raul. The MX6 Hoses should not be too weak if they are genuine. May I ask what suction level your Cleaner is on? If there are issues with your Hoses, we would love to help you but we need those details first. Thanks.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

It's ok but the pool cleaner or rebellion are better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

Get scale the pebbles will keep it from moving to much suction will wear out the gears and belt people from zodiac recommendations was point jets down I disagree keep them up to circulate top to get everything into skimmer basket and less will fall on bottom hence cleaner pool and less debris on bottom for cleaner to pick up. Thank you Florida Pool Mgt

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, May we please ask which region you are located? Thanks.

Florida

Zodiac Official

Hi, This is an Australian Product Review, If you would like to remove and place on the correct version, The US team will reach out and help. Thank you in advance,

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

great little machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

excellent machine, reasonable price. Climbs all the walls.
One small problem, but can live with it; it is inclined to jam up on small twigs. Need to check it every day and remove the blockage, but it is quite simple and quick to do. Much better than my previous Heyward machine

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for your review! Happy Swimming!

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 5 answers
  • 22 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2008

Top Performing Pool Cleaner ...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2018

BEST POOL CLEANER EVER? Yep, could only rate it 10 out of 10! Perfect performer. Chuffed around 11 meter pool for the past 6 - 8 years and never missed a beat. Not climbing the walls as well as on day one so it must be time to replace the treads. Main unit, hoses all in A1 order, not often one gets an item that runs and cleans like this magic machine. If you respect the way your pool looks and you need the leaf debris cleared from the pool this is a 10 outa 10 machine to perform your task!

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi. Thanks so much for the 5 star review. Happy swimming!!

Have to keep on the right side of one Andy Dawson!!

Zodiac Official

One the greats, Mr Dawson!!! We miss him.

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Very Impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I purchased this unit and it arrived today. I couldn't wait to try it and had a few complications.
So before damaging the unit I called the costumer service people and they walked me through
A few things. After making sure the pump and filters were cleaned and found a few connection
Issues that made a "huge" difference on how this unit performs. I'm impressed by the performance
And costumer service

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We are really pleased to hear that our dedicated Customer Care team were able to help. Happy Swimming!

Busselton

• 3 comments
  • 6 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Absolutely the worst pool cleaner I’ve ever had !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

In 18 months I’ve had to have the tyre tracks replaces 3 times. Then it gets stuck all the time in certain places. Then I get told these parts are NOT covered by warranty! NEVER AGAIN ! Fortunately my local pool place have fixed this 3 times for me. The pool cleaner sucks

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Gidget, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. I'm not sure why parts wouldn't be covered but we would love to be able to try and get this working for you correctly. May I ask if you wo... read more »

Hi, just had another look at the pool cleaner that is stuck again and it’s actually a mx8 . Don’t know what you mean by inbox my details via face book. I’m just so annoyed as it wasn’t cheap as you know.

Zodiac Official

Hi, Yes, I can certainly understand how frustrating this is. The Cleaner works off the Suction of the pool. If the suction level isn't right or there is a broken piece, it will get stuck but we can... read more »

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

It sucks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I have that MX6 for little over a year now. I replaced almost every part and drive. It stuck at the corners, stairs and when it's not, it goes all the way up to surface on the wall sucks air what made me replace the pump once already. I can't fill safe run it on a timer while I'm not watching it, I can't predict what it will do to destroy another pool component. Every time I take it back to the place I bought it from, they have change another part. I almost pay the stupid cleaner in parts. Over $500 wasted in a piece of JUNK.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Samuel. Sorry that your Cleaner is causing these frustrations, we understand that the reason you purchase these items is for the exact opposite reason. May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team?

Thank you for replying to my review, The reason I bought your cleaner is the salesman working for pinch-a-Penney who assure me that MX6 is one of the best for the money. Very disappointed cause I d... read more »

Zodiac Official

Hi Samuel, The number and store you have mentioned is not in Australia. Are you from the US? This is the Australian version of Product Review. If this is the case, would you please move your post t... read more »

Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Good value for money!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I have had an MX6 for over 4 years now and it hasn't missed a beat. It keeps my fibreglass pool spotless all year round and has no issue climbing walls as experienced by other reviewers. Compared to other robotic cleaners that cost thousands of dollars this little cleaner has given me great value for money.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for the Review, Appreciate you stopping by, Happy Swimming!

• 1 review
  • 3 comments

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

worst pool cleaner ever owned

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

This is by far the worst pool cleaner I have ever owned! It continually ends up on its side and spins in circles or on its back and you have to turn it over every time to get it to work. I have used the weights in different position changed the pool filter speeds and nothing seams to make a difference.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Scott, Sorry to hear this. May I ask if you have contacted us directly so that we may try and help you? Thanks.

No not at this point. I would be more than happy if you wanted to call me to discuss.

Zodiac Official

Hi Scott, Would you be able to PM your details via Facebook? We dont ask for personal details on this forum, Thanks!

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

This product and company are awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

The cleaner gets stuck on ridge such as steps and a ridge around the bottom drain. If it isn’t stuck on something and only the back portion portion of the machine touches the pool bottom. When it does this is runs to the end of the hose sits there until it is moved. Do not waste your money on this. I emailed the company and never heard back. Customer service is non existent.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you were not contacted by us. We would like to look into this for you to ensure we got your email and why you didn't receive an answer. We do have a team of Customer Car... read more »

Cape Town

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Rubbish

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Absolute rubbish from the day of purchase it didn't work correctly. Sometimes it would act like its on steroids other days it will only run for 2 minutes then stop dead took it back 5 times they kept changing parts and it kept doing the same thing. After struggling with it for over a year with the same problem i just through it in the shed.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Louis, Sorry to hear that you are having issues. This is the Australian Version of Product Review. If you would be able to redirect your review to the correct site that would be more helpful for... read more »

Townsville

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Great pool cleaner.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

Have had the MX6 for nearly 4 years in a pebble crete pool. Has given no dramas except climbs pool wall and sucks air. Is due for an overhaul after a lot Drama free use,I recommend.
Was thinking of the MX8 for another larger pool ,though have read more bad reports than good ones , might stick with another 6.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Dave, Thank you for your 5 star review, Happy Swimming.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Working well on bottom and sides

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Pleased with performance of Mx 6 to date - picks up all dirt and leaves. Has stopped on steps a couple of times - but usually gets off ok. No problem setting it up from the box. Would recommend this cleaner to others - better than the creepy crawly type I’ve had before - silent too.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Jim, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you are happy with your Cleaner. Happy Swimming!

Frankston, Victoria

• 9 comments
  • 1 question
  • 99 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Awesome Value for Money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Having owned a Heyward Pool cleaner for the past 15 years, I got fed up with changing the parts every 2 years. Replacement parts for the Heyward cost half the price of a new one, so I though it was time for a change.

I tested a Kreepy Krawly, but less said about that the better I think.

As I began shopping I almost fell off my perch when I saw the prices being asked for Pool cleaners, so I decided to take a punt on the very affordable Zodiac MX6.
Having owned a Zodiac Tri Chlorinator, I know Zodiac are a good solid company with good customer support. Based upon that alone, the MX6 was a logical choice.

To begin, the MX6 would not work, but this was due to a few leaks in my piping which was drastically reducing the pressure in my system. The MX6 does like good pressure to operate correctly.
Once I fixed the pressure, the MX6 almost jumped out of the pool and gave me a kiss. Brilliant!

Bang for buck, if like myself you are shocked by the cost of Pool Cleaners, this is the one for you.

It has a smaller width of suction than my Heyward and the Kreepy Krawly, so takes a bit longer to clean the pool, but it does the job at a fraction of the cost.

Winning!

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi there! Thank you so much for this great review. Appreciate the excellent Feedback. Happy Swimming!

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Never buy another

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

Have had the MX6 for about 4 weeks . The trouble is it won"t climb walls and gets stuck on steps.I have an eco pump and run it on clean cycle Been through everything in the manual ie correcting PH , altering motor speed ,adjusting suction all to no avail .Rang the 1300 number and was advised to send video and problem identification.This was done over a week ago ,Haven"t heard back .Maybe they put it in the too hard basket .On the plus side it cleans the bottom well.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Ian, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you are able to confirm your email address either PM or Inbox on Facebook we can chase this up for you, Thanks.

lgwestie@gmail.com

Zodiac Official

Thanks for your time Ian. As promised our Service Tech will be onsite on Monday. Please call 1300 763 021 if you need anything in the interim. Thanks!

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

You only hear the bad things in this area but I must say our zodiac ms6 meets all good things advise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Very easy to setup and preforms well we are very happy with this product. It has no problems with leaves and cleaning our pool would recommend this cleaner to others. Our pool has never looked so clean very easy to setup saves a tonne of work now we can enjoy our day

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Donny! Thanks for leaving a 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

Gloucester

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Climbs walls gets stuck on steps

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Purchased dec 2017 machine gets stuck on steps or any lip around pool have adjusted suction still the same rang 1300 no girl said I had the wrong machine for the pool I told her I have a friend with same pool and doesn’t get stuck
Her respons was it’s not a warranty problem and she couldn’t help me
Don’t buy this unit unless you have straight sides and no steps or you only want to clean the floor

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi,Sorry to hear that you have had these issues. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please send a PM with your details. Thanks.

I have been contacted by zodiac USA and issue has been sorted
They were very helpful unlike Australian help line who didn’t want to know about it
Very happy with end result

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

It doesn’t climb walls!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

Purchased two weeks ago from online retailer to keep my new pool clean over Christmas holidays. Followed instructions to make sure speed of rotations and suction strength is right. Whilst it cleans the floor it won’t climb vertical walls !!! That’s a key function. Will be calling the 1300 number next week. Am I missing something ?

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Sammutley76, have you had a chance to get in contact with our Customer Care team over the break? If the MX6 is not climbing the walls, there are two things which you can easily check. If the MX6... read more »

1 of 4 pages

Hi I bought a mx6 2 months ago. And am very happy with how clean it has kept my pool. But the last 2 weeks it’s started to make my pump pulsate like it’s lost it’s prime. Pump is brand new as well and does not pulsate when it’s on without the cleaner Any help would be great?

Bob D asked on Oct 11, 2018

Answer this

Hi Bob, Please give us a call on 1300 763 021, we would be able to do some Troubleshooting with you. Thanks.

I would like to know if the Zodiac MX6 was designed to remain inside the pool all the time or only when necessary to collect the debris from the ground? I can't understand why my vacuum hoses break whenever I take it out of the pool.

Emilio asked on Sep 28, 2018

Answer this

No leave it in all the time and if hose keeps breaking your chemicals are not balanced or old hoses .

Hi, It is always best to take the Cleaner out of the water, We understand that sometimes this isnt possible like on Holidays. You should definitely check the Water Chem to ensure it is all going as it should. Thanks.

Hi. I bought a mx6 machine but it doesn't climb my pool walls. I have adjusted the suction valve so the wheels rotates to the spec but the wheels just spin at the bottom of the pool when trying to climb the walls. Any ideas?

Simon J asked on Aug 26, 2018

Answer this

Does it make any effort to climb the walls? Is the adjustable weight set at 12 inches above the main body of the cleaner? Has the filter been backwashed prior to testing cleaner. What size pool pump? Needs to be around 1 - 1.5 hp.

You may have too much suction and sucking to the bottom

Not sure, I assume you are set on the strongest suction position. Mine nearly climbs out of the pool just after just after having done the usual routine maintainence routines but fades to a lower level after several days. Backwash, clear skimmer box box etc. After several days use it slows down to a slower mode. I put this down to air slowly getting into the system probably at the skimmer box connection.
Check and reset the connection to the skimmer box and all pipe connections. Backwash the system. Remove the top of the motor, and force plenty of water down the system. Replace the motor lid once the water stays in the full position. Make sure the motor lid is fully tightened.
The connection to the skimmer box is not as good as good as i would like. It comes apart too eaisyly. Hope this hlps.

Product Details