Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Constantly jamming even with minor litter

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Was excited to discover the promise of a cleaner that wouldn’t leave an uncleaned area, to replace my trusty diaphragm suctioning one. What a disappointment in ensuring all the instructions well read, (something as male new to me!) and be be happy as a clam to see it running well and then stop literally in its tracks...
If your pool has any stringy type leaf material or anything longer than a leaf to pick up DONT BUY ONE!
This type of material wraps around the internal axle and jams.. After 3 clean outs in an hour, back in the box and back to an understanding supplier.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2018

First pool cleaner that can clean my pebblecrete pool properly.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I have a pebblecrete with curves and steps which is a pain in the butt to clean, I hate chasing leaves around the bottom of the pool and scrubbing algae off the walls.

I have tried all sorts of cleaners on a trial base, but just about gave up. I saw the MX6 on youtube working away and thought I would give it a go.
It exceeded my expectations, it climbs walls and even cleans them horizontally!

The fan/propeller on the bottom creates a vortex that cleans off any algae and the suction picks up leaves and grit.

It does exactly as advertised, it just does it so well and quickly. so between running the Zodiac MX6 for 4 hours a week and the normal skimmer box, I have no physical cleaning to do.

Highly recommended.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Appreciate your Feedback! Happy Swimming.

Muswellbrook nsw

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Useless and waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I bought this unit and it sometimes works for up to 5 min before it lays on its back with suction facing forward doing nothing. Can set it back on it’s tracks and it will do it again. Utterly useless though the one or two runs it does before it rolls over does look good.

Comments
Zodiac Official

HI Endo, May I ask if you have spoken directly with our Customer Care or if we can offer you some assistance? Thanks.

Perth

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2015

It used to rock, sadly not anymore

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

When I first got the MX6 I was so so so impressed. My pool was spotless, it climbed the walls, the steps and picked up everything. I couldn’t speak highly enough of this product to anyone that would listen! That was up until 6 months ago. Unfortunately, now it refuses to climb the walls and just sits there spinning its wheels all day long on the spot. For 6 months I have tried everything. I have replaced the tracks which was $100 wasted. I have had 2 different pool companies out to look at it, another $100 wasted. I have taken it to Clarkson Rubber, they couldn’t help. I have stripped it down 3 times to make sure it is totally clean, increased the flow on my regulator.

Purchased at: Best Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. May I ask if you have spoken to or been seen by our Zodiac team directly? Thanks.

No I have not, can you let me know who I should contact and how? Thanks

Zodiac Official

Hi Daniel. Please call 1300 763 021, Please mention that you contacted us via Product Review. Sorry for the delay with this response. Thanks.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Waste of Money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

The cleaner often sat stationary at the bottom of the pool, looking up at me with discontent. It lacked the power to ever drive itself forward let alone pick up any debris from the bottom. Due to it using the skimmer box to power it, if it remained attached not only did it not pick up any leaves the ones that floated on the surface would build up resulting in even more effort to clean the pool with the vacuum. Waste of time and money.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Fred. Sorry to hear that your Unit has caused these frustrations, May I ask if you have called us or had a tech visit to try and rectify this? Thanks.

Date Purchased: May 2017

Works when it wants to

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I've had the MX6 for about a year and a half now and have also experienced it getting clogged a number of times but a small twig or a few leaves. It hasn't been too much of an issue: it clears easily enough and has mostly sucked up the leaves at the bottom. However, over the past 3 weeks I've been experiencing the same problems as others on this forum. It constantly gets stuck on the stairs and rolls onto its back or side. I've adjusted the valve flow, cleaned out the entire system and tried adding/subtracting the hose length. Nothing has improved the situation. I really don't want to spend another $300 on a pool cleaner. Any help, Zodiac?

Purchased at: Amazon

Comments
Zodiac Official

HI Bryan, Thank you for reaching out. May I ask where you are located so we can offer you the best help. Thanks.

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Terrible don’t waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

This is the worst pool cleaner I’ve ever owned in 30 years. It immediately get stuck in any possible corner or step or anywhere in your pool. The customer service people advise me not to leave it in the pool. What good is a pool cleaner you’re not supposed to leave in the pool. When it does get stuck it ruins the rubber bands which are the tracks.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Randy, Sorry that you are not happy with the MX6 Cleaner. If you would like to send us your details via DM, we can readdress these issues. Thanks.

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Poor quality of hoses. Zodiac MX6

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

My pool is inground vynil liner. I purchased the Zodiac MX6: Excellent pool vacuum ( Rate 10 out of 10). Best than other pool vacuum.
The main problem of Zodiac MX6 are hoses too weaks. I would like to know where to buy another kinds of hoses for Zodiac M6

Purchased at: eBay

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Raul. The MX6 Hoses should not be too weak if they are genuine. May I ask what suction level your Cleaner is on? If there are issues with your Hoses, we would love to help you but we need those details first. Thanks.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

It's ok but the pool cleaner or rebellion are better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

Get scale the pebbles will keep it from moving to much suction will wear out the gears and belt people from zodiac recommendations was point jets down I disagree keep them up to circulate top to get everything into skimmer basket and less will fall on bottom hence cleaner pool and less debris on bottom for cleaner to pick up. Thank you Florida Pool Mgt

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, May we please ask which region you are located? Thanks.

Florida

Zodiac Official

Hi, This is an Australian Product Review, If you would like to remove and place on the correct version, The US team will reach out and help. Thank you in advance,

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

great little machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

excellent machine, reasonable price. Climbs all the walls.
One small problem, but can live with it; it is inclined to jam up on small twigs. Need to check it every day and remove the blockage, but it is quite simple and quick to do. Much better than my previous Heyward machine

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for your review! Happy Swimming!

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 5 answers
  • 22 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2008

Top Performing Pool Cleaner ...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2018

BEST POOL CLEANER EVER? Yep, could only rate it 10 out of 10! Perfect performer. Chuffed around 11 meter pool for the past 6 - 8 years and never missed a beat. Not climbing the walls as well as on day one so it must be time to replace the treads. Main unit, hoses all in A1 order, not often one gets an item that runs and cleans like this magic machine. If you respect the way your pool looks and you need the leaf debris cleared from the pool this is a 10 outa 10 machine to perform your task!

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi. Thanks so much for the 5 star review. Happy swimming!!

Have to keep on the right side of one Andy Dawson!!

Zodiac Official

One the greats, Mr Dawson!!! We miss him.

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Very Impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I purchased this unit and it arrived today. I couldn't wait to try it and had a few complications.
So before damaging the unit I called the costumer service people and they walked me through
A few things. After making sure the pump and filters were cleaned and found a few connection
Issues that made a "huge" difference on how this unit performs. I'm impressed by the performance
And costumer service

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We are really pleased to hear that our dedicated Customer Care team were able to help. Happy Swimming!

Busselton

• 3 comments
  • 6 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Absolutely the worst pool cleaner I’ve ever had !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

In 18 months I’ve had to have the tyre tracks replaces 3 times. Then it gets stuck all the time in certain places. Then I get told these parts are NOT covered by warranty! NEVER AGAIN ! Fortunately my local pool place have fixed this 3 times for me. The pool cleaner sucks

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Gidget, Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. I'm not sure why parts wouldn't be covered but we would love to be able to try and get this working for you correctly. May I ask if you wo... read more »

Hi, just had another look at the pool cleaner that is stuck again and it’s actually a mx8 . Don’t know what you mean by inbox my details via face book. I’m just so annoyed as it wasn’t cheap as you know.

Zodiac Official

Hi, Yes, I can certainly understand how frustrating this is. The Cleaner works off the Suction of the pool. If the suction level isn't right or there is a broken piece, it will get stuck but we can... read more »

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

It sucks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I have that MX6 for little over a year now. I replaced almost every part and drive. It stuck at the corners, stairs and when it's not, it goes all the way up to surface on the wall sucks air what made me replace the pump once already. I can't fill safe run it on a timer while I'm not watching it, I can't predict what it will do to destroy another pool component. Every time I take it back to the place I bought it from, they have change another part. I almost pay the stupid cleaner in parts. Over $500 wasted in a piece of JUNK.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Samuel. Sorry that your Cleaner is causing these frustrations, we understand that the reason you purchase these items is for the exact opposite reason. May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team?

Thank you for replying to my review, The reason I bought your cleaner is the salesman working for pinch-a-Penney who assure me that MX6 is one of the best for the money. Very disappointed cause I d... read more »

Zodiac Official

Hi Samuel, The number and store you have mentioned is not in Australia. Are you from the US? This is the Australian version of Product Review. If this is the case, would you please move your post t... read more »

Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Good value for money!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I have had an MX6 for over 4 years now and it hasn't missed a beat. It keeps my fibreglass pool spotless all year round and has no issue climbing walls as experienced by other reviewers. Compared to other robotic cleaners that cost thousands of dollars this little cleaner has given me great value for money.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for the Review, Appreciate you stopping by, Happy Swimming!

• 1 review
  • 3 comments

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

worst pool cleaner ever owned

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

This is by far the worst pool cleaner I have ever owned! It continually ends up on its side and spins in circles or on its back and you have to turn it over every time to get it to work. I have used the weights in different position changed the pool filter speeds and nothing seams to make a difference.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Scott, Sorry to hear this. May I ask if you have contacted us directly so that we may try and help you? Thanks.

No not at this point. I would be more than happy if you wanted to call me to discuss.

Zodiac Official

Hi Scott, Would you be able to PM your details via Facebook? We dont ask for personal details on this forum, Thanks!

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

This product and company are awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

The cleaner gets stuck on ridge such as steps and a ridge around the bottom drain. If it isn’t stuck on something and only the back portion portion of the machine touches the pool bottom. When it does this is runs to the end of the hose sits there until it is moved. Do not waste your money on this. I emailed the company and never heard back. Customer service is non existent.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you were not contacted by us. We would like to look into this for you to ensure we got your email and why you didn't receive an answer. We do have a team of Customer Car... read more »

Cape Town

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Rubbish

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Absolute rubbish from the day of purchase it didn't work correctly. Sometimes it would act like its on steroids other days it will only run for 2 minutes then stop dead took it back 5 times they kept changing parts and it kept doing the same thing. After struggling with it for over a year with the same problem i just through it in the shed.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Louis, Sorry to hear that you are having issues. This is the Australian Version of Product Review. If you would be able to redirect your review to the correct site that would be more helpful for... read more »

Townsville

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Great pool cleaner.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

Have had the MX6 for nearly 4 years in a pebble crete pool. Has given no dramas except climbs pool wall and sucks air. Is due for an overhaul after a lot Drama free use,I recommend.
Was thinking of the MX8 for another larger pool ,though have read more bad reports than good ones , might stick with another 6.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Dave, Thank you for your 5 star review, Happy Swimming.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Working well on bottom and sides

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Pleased with performance of Mx 6 to date - picks up all dirt and leaves. Has stopped on steps a couple of times - but usually gets off ok. No problem setting it up from the box. Would recommend this cleaner to others - better than the creepy crawly type I’ve had before - silent too.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Jim, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you are happy with your Cleaner. Happy Swimming!

1 of 5 pages