Date Purchased: Oct 2018

great pool cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

picks up all but long strips from palm trees, but seems to do a good job only in for a couple of times per week, does bottom , sides and up to water line, great cleaner suction cleaner always blocking up and replacing parts all the time, Very easy to put in pool and take out also easy to clean

Petrie

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Frustrating - better of manually cleaning

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

So far - I think we will be better off with a suction cleaner as this does not pick up anything small. Zodiac say you can buy a finer weave basket 100 micro instead of the supplied 200 micro, but why don't they provide the finer basket to start with, something that will do the job right the first time.
Not happy and would prefer something better

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Paul. Sorry to hear that you are frustrated. We do advertise the TX35 as the following: Debris Type Suitable for small, medium and large debris Extra large debris such as twigs, large nuts and ... read more »

This unit was recommended by the pool company on handover when the pool was complete. Initially we were provided with a TX20 but the guy doing the handover advised the TX20 does not climb walls and... read more »

Zodiac Official

HI Paul. We most certainly back our Products. The reason we would ask that you return to your place of purchase as the sale was made through them and they recommended this to you. As the manufactur... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

This cleaner has proved to be great value for the money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I have used the TX35 three times, the first time it had trouble climbing the walls but the pool had not been cleaned for several months.The second time it had no difficulty climbing the wall to the water line and picked up leaves about 2 cm long and striped palm leaves up to about 12 cm long as well as a fine white algae. Cleaning of the basket was simple and fast. The TX35 did get caught in the corner of the pool on one occasion.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thank you for your review. Happy Swimming!

Perth

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

Can only clean shallow end of pool

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Zodiac claim cleaner not suitable for my pool. Specs on product say nothing about not being suitable for pool with a deep end just over 1.8m. Zodiac tech said it can't be fixed and I should be upgraded but was overruled by head office. Supervisor did not contact me back as I requested. Very sad as I really like how it cleans, but only does half of pool. Zodiac expect me to pay several hundred dollars to upgrade to VX model. Stay away from this product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Further update: my supplier advises that Zodiac now claim there is nothing wrong with the cleaner, it's just not suitable for my pool. I have a standard fibreglass pool with the deep end slightly o... read more »

Zodiac Official

Hi Jenny, Unfortunately, if there is no fault found with a product there is nothing further we could do for you but to offer you a refund through the Place of purchase which has been done. Thank you.

This is very poor customer service. I have a simple fibreglass pool. It should work in my pool. Why don't you offer to trial the VX50 at my place to see if it works.

• 8 comments
  • 23 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great cleaner for the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

We've had this pool cleaner for about 9 months now and it did a cracking job over summer keeping the pool floor clear of dirt and debris. I purchased this one because it was easy to assemble and clean and I liked that it had the clear top so I could see when it was full. I have just used it again before putting the pool cover on for winter and I have just realized I think it works better when the pool is really quite dirty! I love that it goes up the walls therefore saving me the need to brush them. For a lower end robot it is better than I expected. I'll be happy if I get 4 years out of it.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the grat 5 star review Billy. Happy Swimming!

Ok second review - have just started using it again to get ready for summer - we've already gone for a swim in October. this is a big deal, being Melbourne!! But sadly today, I find the cleaner h... read more »

Zodiac Official

Hi Billy, Please give us a call on 1300 763 021 and mention that you contacted us via the Product Review. Your unit has a 2 year warranty and based on the date mentioned, so would still be in this ... read more »

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Product sucks- unfortunately not like it’s designed to

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

After having an RF cleaner for years I bought this on advice from the pool shop lady after my old one died. I liked the idea that it would clean the side walls and steps. The very first time I used it I realized I’d made a mistake. I have a lot a finer dirt get in my pool so I purchased the finer catcher, unfortunately it still wasn’t enough and passes the dirt straight through.
I wished I’d had returned it straight away but going into winter I thought it would do an ok job. I’ve just started using it again and it’s actually gotten worse. It misses hole sections of the pool, spends half the time going backwards (it doesn’t suck while reversing just stirs up dust to settle on the area it just cleaned)
I rang zodiac who told me there was not much I could do after the pool shop told me I couldn’t return it but try moving the weights, I asked for some info on this procedure and was told it should be in the manual. (It wasn’t). I’ve tried moving the weights, I’ve tried putting it up the shallow end.
My advice is to stay clear of this product

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, sorry to hear that you are having issues? May I ask where you are located? Thanks.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: May 2018

Over all Happy so far have had only 1-2 month

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Have had about 1 month or so now. Use twice a week on a 4 meter X 2 & half metre Bestway steel framed pool. Works well so far but find I'm using a hand held vacuum to get some dirt out it isn't picking up. Nevertheless am very happy only purchase to date. This product to date has improved the cleanliness of overall pool. I just leave it to do it's job for 2 hours.All good am happy I brought this product.Nothappy with price I paid and really wish they had made it as a remote control.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Tess, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase so far. Please call us anytime on 1300 763 021 if you need to discuss. Thanks.

It's now been a little longer since I've owned and written the review can say I'm very happy. The hose needs some more consideration in makemanship as it gets tangled and I think they could of somehow made hose better.

McDowall

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Robot is great when it works, but Zodiac service and support has been very disappointing.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

I was originally very impressed with this unit, but it has stopped climbing the walls to the waterline in the deep end. It still cleans to the waterline in the shallow end, but not the deep end. The unit was sent away to Zodiac and they couldn't fault it. As soon as I got it back, it still had the same issue. Zodiac came to my home to inspect the unit working in our pool and the report I got was that the robot was functioning correctly - no issues found. That same afternoon that the Zodiac technician had been, I took 3 videos of the fault (the robot not reaching the waterline in the deep end) and sent them into Zodiac. I have had no response at all. Not even an email or a phone call to say that they would be coming back to investigate further.
I work in the service industry and have to say I think this level of support is a joke.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Brad. May I please ask the email address that you sent the videos to? We have a Team of Customer Care staff here to help so it is usual for this to be missed. Once this is confirmed we can look into this further for you. Thanks.

The email was sent to this address apac.aftersales@zodiac.com. I finally got to speak to someone at Zodiac on Friday (I had no call back from two other calls I lodged) and they confirmed they had ... read more »

Zodiac Official

Hi Brad. There was a long weekend here in Sydney so there would be a further day added to the turnaround time to answer enquiries from the weekend. Once the Tech has visited today, we can get a be... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Annoyed / Disappointed / In trouble with my wife for not doing required research

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

Our pool is fairly clean the main issue is sand on the bottom. Difficult to remove as we have a cartridge filter and cant run to backwash so if we try and vacuum sand out it just goes through the filter system back into the pool. Purchased this unit based on advice from pool-shop. Made it very clear (via email so it was in writing) what my requirements were and that having the sand removed was the main reason for purchasing. We have had the unit for several weeks now so in summary make the following observations.

The good
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to use
- Stand makes storing the unit very easy

The bad
- Exactly the same experiences as the other negative reviews, indicating there are serious flaws with this unit
- Goes backwards more than forwards
- Moves very quickly stirring the water up making a real mess
- No way to remove from pool other than pulling out by the power cord. Probably OK to do this however you need to be careful not to damage the cord.
- Does a poor job at picking up sand despite installing a 100 micron filter
- It appears to run in such a way that it misses so many parts of the pool. We have a basic shape, medium size pool. It will clean along one line for a minute then chuck itself in reverse and go and clean the other end of pool for 30 seconds. Then go up the wall once. Then get stuck on the step. At the end of the cycle only half the pool has been cleaned its extremely disappointing.
- Amount of sand / leaves collected at the end of a cycle is minimal.

I have contacted the pool shop (who are great to deal with) and they organised for a tech to come out 17/5/18 from Zodiac. I also spoke to Zodiac directly on the phone. The CSR was helpful and considerate however given there are no controls or setup changes you can make I am not sure how the tech will make the unit work any better. Based on my requirements which I made extremely clear at purchase the unit is not fit for purpose and I will be returning it. I cant get my head around how such a product makes it to market. Wouldn't it be thoroughly tested by Zodiac prior to releasing.

BRISBANE

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Does not do a good job of cleaning our pool

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

We originally chose to purchase a different model that had great reviews, but received an email from the retailer to offer this later and greater model at no extra charge. We now wish we had followed through with our original order. We don’t have a large pool and this machine spends most of the time stirring up the water and leaves the floor just as dirty. We spend more time cleaning up after it....not fit for purpose in our opinion! Our old suction cleaner did a much better job.

Purchased at: Best Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi. Sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues, We have a Customer Care team that would be happy to discuss if you like. Our number is 1300 763 021. Thanks.

Townsville

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Fantastic little unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

Bought this after my old vacuum started falling apart. Local pool shop had suggested getting a robot for over two years so I thought I may as well bite the bullet and get one.

Got the Tx35 home, chucked it in the pool, and nothing. Completely dead. Pool shop ordered me another and after 4 days I was ready to chuck the replacement in.

No tricks, just plugged in it and turned it on and it took off like a champion. Cleaned steps that had rarely been touched by the old vacuum, and scrubbed the waterline like there was no tomorrow.

First clean of the on board basket was an eye opener. Had picked up things that I would never have known were in the pool. Ten years worth of rubbish, slurry and random trash. Extremely impressed.

I try to run it everyday for a few hours to keep pulling the crap out of the concrete and now the pool is a colour that I haven't seen for a long time. Great result in my opinion.

I definetely recommend the Tx35. It's a ripper!

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Underwhelming performance

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

This is My first pool robot so was not sure of what I was going to get. I have had an excellent experience with a vacuum cleaning robot - the best money I have spent on anything in the house! So, I thought I was going to be suitably impressed. Sadly not to be. Easy enough to assembly and get running- good. But now we get to performance. Just like the previous reviewer it spends a lot of time going in reverse?? And while in reverse the vacuum is not on! Other issues:
- vacuum is not on all the time - never in reverse. Vacuum must operate by the forward motion of the wheels/track. Spends too much time in reverse.
- runs too fast. Does not pick up the leaves and small debris. It just pushes them aside.
- climbs walls ok. Then goes in reverse and vacuum stops, robot then just drops to the bottom of the pool to stir up the rubbish.
- the flapper wheel runs at that same speed as the wheels so does not brush the surface clean.
Generally disappointing. Picked up a handful of leaves in its cleaning cycle, but certainly did not clean the pool floor and walls of the leaves that were there.
Underwhelmed.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Phil. Sorry that you Unit has not performed as expected. May I ask if you have contacted our Customer Care team, or would like to be? Thanks.

Hi.
No I haven’t contacted the team, and sure, they can contact me anytime.
Cheers

Zodiac Official

Hi Phil. Can you please provide your Email address or Inobx us via Facebook so we can contact you asap, Thanks!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Adequate - no more

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

In my opinion:
Promotional material poor in explaining machine only works ONE set time pattern and cannot be set to only do pool floor. Instructions with machine are useless, a 5 year old could write better. Example
1. Says do not use extension lead; not many pools have a power point close enough that the supplied mains cable will reach.
2. Says when finished cleaning to get machine to climb side wall, then lift by handle. Of course machine is not controllable, so usually stops in middle of pool. Then you need to pull it to you by the floating power cord, which it tells you not to do.
3. I agree that the 100 micron filter that I purchased for an extra $79 makes no difference at all.
4. Beater bars do not always shift and lift the dirt, so machine passes over the top of some debris. Needs more robust beaters,
5. In fact no real instructions at all beyond "press button and red light comes on". No means to control the time it runs for. Nor any selection for floor only option (no sides cleaning).

So better than nothing, but for a major pool company a very disappointing offering. Could have done a lot better.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Sheldrake, Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the performance of your TX35. The TX35 is designed to be a simple to use robotic option with one button for ease of use. There are other larger... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Happy we purchased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Very easy to use, set and forget and no longer need to put the sock over the skimmer basket as this picks up all the fine stuff that used to go through the skimmer.
Would recommend this to anyone that has a smaller inground pool, recently had trees removed and this head the pool back to normal in no time at all.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Steve, Thanks for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Rather Disappointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

We were so looking forward to getting this cleaner but have found it to be rather disappointing. It spends more time going backwards in the pool and stirring up the dust than it does going forward. Unfortunately when it is reversing it is not sucking anything up so it just moves dirt and debris around without actually vacuuming it up. It tries to climb the walls backwards and then instead of moving forward in a straight line it rears up, pivots and almost tips over before dropping back down (and stirring up more dirt). After reading reviews we purchased the 100 micron filter owing to the fine dust we get in the pool but it doesn't seem to make much difference at all. It does pick up leaves and small bugs etc but overall it is nowhere near as good as we thought it would be.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

After having read a few more reviews and seeing that there are others having similar issues, which has elicited a response from Zodiac, now I'm even more unimpressed with the whole deal!!!!

Zodiac Official

Hi Irene, Sorry that you are having issues with your Cleaner. May I ask if you have contacted Zodiac directly so we can fix this issue for you? Thanks.

I contacted the business I purchased it from but they were little to no help. I found a contact number for Zodiac and left a message for a return phone call which i never received