Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Happy with second Zodiac VX

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

Very happy. Had a previous model for 4 years. This model has improvements like cleaning water line and sides better. Less floating on water top when doing so. Cleans leaves and dirt very quickly. We put the extra fine basket in this one and it catches more for sure. Would recommend.

Purchased at: Best Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Elise, Thank you so much for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Could be better

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

I have had my cleaner since October 2016 and have been meaning to write this review for some time.
We have just built in a new residential area so there is not much debris however we have a lot of dust that settles in the bottom of the pool. I mentioned this to the dealer at time of purchase, and he was adamant the cleaner would do as suggested, how wrong he was. All the cleaner did was disturb the dust whilst in use and after a few hours it would settle again.
Went back to the dealer and forked out another $70 for the 100 micron filter. This did help a little, however as mentioned in some of the other posts, the cleaners gets confused when set to walls and it tends to fall on its back and stay there. I have to brush the walls first and then set it to floor only!!
My biggest gripe is the chord, it tangles so badly no matter how many times you untwist it. As soon as it is done i dry the chord and attempt to store away neatly but to no avail. I really wish they would fix this issue as it seems to be a concern for other users.
If you have large debris and leaves in your pool then this cleaner will work fine, however if you have alot of dust then i would suggest a different alternative.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for your review. May I ask if you have contacted our Customer Care team or would like to discuss this issue with us?

hi, i have not had the chance to contact the customer care team, i would like to discuss the matter futher

Zodiac Official

Hi, Can you PM your details or send us an Inbox on our Facebook page. Thanks.

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

VX50 with swivel

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Cleans leaves and sand from floor really well. Leaves a small amount in corners. Gets a bit confused on walls and steps but OK as I use the "floor only" setting.
Very easy to use and empty. Lift setting is very useful. Trolley really good.
I also bought a 100micron filter but may not need it as normal filter appears to remove everything.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the review Ross, Happy Swimming!

Blacktown

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Another stress free pool cleaning summer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I have had my.zodiac xv50 now for a year and a half. Still working great and picking up leaves etc. Last year I said I would buy the 100 micron basket to pick up the dust left behind. Well I did and I was amazed at just how much dust was in the bottom of the pool that I didn’t even see.
When using the finer mesh the robot won’t climb the walls and sometimes needs a little help getting it out using the lift mode but it’s due to the weight of dust that’s collected.
Yes cord still twists and recommend that anyone who buys this untwist the cord after each use.

Purchased at: Swimart

Comments
Zodiac Official

Thanks for the 5 star review!

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Product Registraion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

Purchased the VX50 swivel product, very happy, good product. Somehow the product is registered with no swivel, as a result I get a $100 cash back instead of $150

Not so happy with Zodiac who ignore my emails to change the registration details and provide the correct cash back amount

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Chris W, thanks for the 5 star review. Sorry for the confusion regarding the recent Cash Back promotion. Both models of the VX50 4WD with or without swivel is eligible for a $100 Cash Back. The ... read more »

Wamberal

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Excellent product - but totally let down by cord tangling

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

I've had Zodiac Barracuda, MX8 and I have to say that the VX50 is the best pool cleaner ever.
Sadly however, unknown to me, I was sold a superceded model that does not have the swivel cord and it just wants to keep on tangling, each and every time.
Took the matter up direct with Zodiac and basically was told "so sad / too bad" and..... they want $330 plus labour to replace the cord with a swivel cord - even after I have paid over $1400 - poor support for a loyal customer!!
The difference between the superceded model and the current model - the swivel cord!!
Obviously a design defect - superceded models should have been removed from sale!!
I will be reluctant to buy Zodiac again!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update - Zodiac kindly offered to replace my VX50 with the newer model VX50 with swivel cable, at no further cost to me. I'm very happy to rate the new model with the swivel cable as 5 stars

Zodiac Official

Hi, thank you for the Update. We are glad to hear that we could sort this out for you, thanks.

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

The water becomes murky

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

The cable get tangled very easily. But that's Ok. I'm fine with this problem.
It's very efficient in collecting big dirt like leaves or branches. But it stills up water and small dirt. The water then become very murky.
Maybe I should buy CX20 instead, or CX35? (I want less use of sand filter.)

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Frank, is your pool prone to lots of fine debris and dust? It sounds like you may need a 100 micron filter canister. This is an accessory filter canister which is best suited for fine debris. Th... read more »

I also purchased 100 micron filter canister. Almost no use. How can it catch the dust when the dust is stirred up? It doesn't matter whether it's 100 micron filter or 200. I think it's a major design flaw.

Margaret River

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Hard Grafting 4wd Robot.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

After much research of both machine and local suppliers, we decided on the VX50 pool cleaner to replace our tired old suction cleaner (Barracuda).

Pool, early 90’s concrete kidney, 13m long, 2m deep, 90,000 litres. Old, with a few cracks and it’s fair share in-grain algae from years of inadequate cleaning (we just bought our home 18 months ago and inherited the pool in it’s unloved condition).

The Barracuda wasn’t doing it’s job because somewhere in the myriad of piping, the pump was sucking air. The pump sucked enough to filter the water, but at cleaning pressure sucked air. So the option was either dig up all the piping, or swap the Barracuda out for a robot.

Robot it is. And wow. Do we love our robot.

I was a little sceptical for the first few weeks, so I’ve waited for two months of operation to write this review.

The VX 50, or “Doopy” as my kids call it, is AWESOME. It’s simple, effective, consistent, easy to set up, operate and maintain. I ran it hard for 6-8 hrs a day for the first few weeks and it worked its way around our pool lifting all the old algae off the concrete as well as leaf litter and grass and insects. The filter box is a doddle to remove, clean and re-install. The 4 wheel drive system, despite some tight kidney corners get’s to 99% of my pool. Never rolls over. Cleans right up to water line.

The deciding factor for going with the VX 50 was the local pool cleaner’s endorsement and back up of the product. The VX55 looked unnecessarily tech fluffy. The 50 looked the right mix of function and tech. Thinking it was a robot, I instantly expected after-purchase issues. No such misfortune. She’s working a treat, and is far less sophisticated than I expected.

“Doopy” get’s stood on by my kids, has been tossed in the pool by my brother on a quick-filter-clean and generally treated like one of the family and still continues to clean. The control panel get’s left out in the rain and Doopy spends more time in the pool waiting for operations than in the shed.

If there was one thing we don’t like about Doopy, it’s probably the annoyance of coiling all the umbilical up and putting him away. The line almost never coils correctly and it becomes a bit of a spaghetti juggling mission to remove Doopy. Hence, he spends most of his time at work or waiting in the pool. Interestingly, the spaghetti effect seems to evaporate once it’s all thrown in the pool. Might be the umbilical swivel doing it’s job.

With the Zodiac rebate, store discount and locally based vendor offering guarantee of repair and/or replacement, we reckon we got great value. I highly recommend this robot.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Ritchie, Thank you for leaving such a detailed review, We appreciate the 5 star feedback. Thanks & Happy Swimming!

• 9 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Works perfetly and climbs walls with ease

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I like how it makes it around our odd shaped pool and climbs all walls. Our pool is over 11 meters long and this is a great solution for cleaning without any tangles. The auto lift system makes it easy to get out of the pool. Children love it too...I might even upgrade to a more expensive model based on the performance of this one.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi there! Thank you for the 5 star review. Glad the Cleaner is meeting all of your expectations. Let us know if you need any advice on any future purchases. Thanks!

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Tangles in the cable spoil a good product

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

The model we purchased has the swivel to stop the cable ending up in a mess. I’d hate to see the ones that don’t have this feature as our cable ends up linked and in a mess each time. Pity as the machine is ok and does it’s thing, just the cable that has not followed the script. Had we known this we would have purchased another brand.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Ross, May I ask if you have contacted our Customer Care team? Sorry to hear you are having these issues, Thanks,

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

waste of money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Having had a Polaris Sport for many years before it died ,thought a 4WD Zodiac would be just as good if not better-no luck-this machine is unable to find right way up after cleaning walls.Never had a problem with the polaris-the Zodiac swims around upside down doing nothing-After 30minutes I had enough and "helped" it with the pool brush.This has occurred 4 times now and cannot recommend this product-piece of junk
Michael

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Michael. We are sorry to hear this has happened with your Cleaner. May i ask if we have looked at or repaired the Unit for you? Thanks.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love my Zodiac!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

This is my second Zodiac 4WD and I would not like to be without one. It is extremely easy to use, keeps my pool clean of leaves and other matter and my pool always looks sparkling, clean and ready to be used - love it! I would recommend this product without hesitation.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Chez, Thank you for your 5 star review for the VX50. Glad you are loving it so much! Happy Swimming.

• 2 comments

Date Purchased: May 2017

VX50 - Perfection and Impure Thoughts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

After a totally unsatisfactory experience with the Zodiac CX-20, which by the way nearly swore me off the Zodiac brand altogether, I was convinced by my retailer to try and the VX-50. From the start I was dubious as the constant problems that I experienced with the CX-20 left a long-lasting, unpleasant taste in my mouth. Nevertheless, from the first operation, the VX-50 has exceeded my expectations and actually restored my faith in the Zodiac brand. Every operations leaves the pool floor sparkling and debris free. Where other cleaners have stumbled, the VX-50 overcomes and outperforms. If a man could have impure thoughts about a pool cleaner, this would be the one. Great job Zodiac, lets hope it continues to work as first received.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi there! Thank you so much for the 5 star review, We are so happy to hear that the VX50 is working so well. If you ever need to discuss, Please call us anytime on 1300 763 021, Thanks again & Happy Swimming!!

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Absolute Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

This pool cleaner was part of the new pool package by the pool company we had install the pool.

I thought great a robot pool cleaner fantastic! However after the third or fourth time we used the cleaner the cored became very tangled to the point where the shrink wrap on the cord was rubbing against its self that much it acutely exposed the wires inside the shrink wrap.

Zodiac came out and replaced the cord (as the machine was still under warranty) and gave me some instructions on how to store the unit when not using.

The first couple of time the reboot was ok with only minor tangling and we stored it after use as Zodiac advised, the robot has cleaned the pool less than 10 time and the thing just completely chokes itself by the cord tangling together.

I believe the new VX55 has a swivel attachment where the cord attaches to the machine to prevent the tangling cord, so Zodiac are well aware of the problem, unfortunately the swivel attachment isn’t sold as a separate item for the VX50….

Complete wast of time & money....

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Scott, Sorry to hear that you have had these issues with your Cleaner. If you would like to call us on 1300 763 021 and mention we asked you to call, we can discuss this further. Thanks.

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

OK, not value for money

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

This cleaner does hang up on steps and does clog up. When it gets full it stops working properly as it gets too heavy and I need to empty it.
We have Bamboo and when it sheds the little curly things clog the brushes and about once or twice a clean I am pulling it out to clean it. Same with large hibiscus leaves when shedding.
Also it doesn't climb steps very well and turn back down into the pool leaving 2 of the 3 steps unclean so I need to brush steps before using, no big deal but annoying.
I have to pre-clean the pool of large debris with the manual skimmer which defeats the purpose a bit.
Other than that gets up smaller stuff and cleans wall just fine.
Also, make sure you get the newer model with the cord swivel as mine tangles up and wont clean whole pool.
I paid $1500, probably could have got it cheaper. So for the price, not that impressed.
However, in my experience all pool cleaners suck (excuse the pun) and this is probably the best one I have used in comparison to say 6 or so others.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for leaving your review for the Vx50. If you require our help in the future, please call us on 1300 763 021, We have sent your feedback to our quality team also. Thanks.

• 6 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 33 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Best so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Persevered with a Jet Vac for ten years which cost me a fortune in maintenance. Last summer I decided to check out a few alternatives. They were all electric robots. They were all tractor belt drives. Trialled three units. They all had problems tipping over etc but I decided which one I wanted. I went to the shop, in ten minutes was convinced by the shop owner that the Zodiac 4Wd was the way to go. Everything else was rubbish I was told. I pride myself in never getting pushed into a sale so I paid $1000 based on nothing other than his recommendation. Best decision I ever made. Never stops, cleans the walls and water line, takes minutes to empty. Remote control is a waste of time and the cable gets knotted up badly after several uses. I can deal with that. I never take it out of the pool against all recommendations. So let's see what happens.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Glenina, Thanks for your 4 star review. To avoid the Cable getting tangled with do suggest that you take it out of the pool and ensure the cable is stored correctly to avoid future issues but please let us know how you go. Happy Swimming!

• 3 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 7 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

It makes me wonder why I didn't change to a robotic cleaner sooner. Very effective cleaning the pool- makes it all stress free. Occasional problem with rolling over, but emptying filter each time and making sure all the cord is in the pool fixed this. Love it

July 6th 2017 Update: Good cleaner

An update on my previous review. After 6 months, we did have a problem with the cleaner rolling over most of the time. We did all the troubleshooting but we were unable to fix it. We phoned Zodiac and they were very polite and efficient. They sent someone out within a few days who was able to fix it immediately. The problem was related to the setting regarding propulsion, which from factory settings is set quite high. Once he reset this, the cleaner has worked perfectly. We do have problems with th cord twisting, but very happy with the service provided by Zodiac.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for the great review. Happy Swimming!

Have changed my mind on this one. Have continued to have problems with it rolling over. It only seems to work for about 6 months and that's it.

Zodiac Official

Hi, May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team, We would love the chance to get this up and running for you asap, Thanks!

Perth, WA

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

So far so good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

3 hours after walking through the front door with a new VX50 my pool was clean. Easy setup looks effective at cleaning bottom and sides. Very easy to clean the filter and happy with it on the first day. Sometimes it falls off the side of wall or steps on it's side or upside down but rights itself after a short pause and it's away again. Will see how it goes over time, may be a candidate for 5 stars if it lasts.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Eric. Thanks for the great review. Glad to hear things are going well. Happy Swimming!

Perth, Western Australia

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Verified Purchase

Excellent Robotic Pool Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

A great product that performs extremely well. Very pleased we purchased one. We tried out a loan machine just to make sure it would work to our satisfaction, it did. Its a pity they don't provide a dust cover for the machine when it is not in use. However, that's a minor issue. It is great.

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Cool piece of kit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

Have had my robotic pool cleaner for a month now and am very impressed! I call it 'Rover' (as it comes like a dog with its nifty "Lift system" and moves like a moon rover with its 4WD). In 90mins it will pick up everything on the floor of the pool. It will also clean the side up to the waterline - but don't need this very often. Doesn't get stuck, as it clearly has an algorithm where it tries various manoeuvres to move if it detects it is not moving - fascinating. Less strain on the pump - which needs to be replaced - so now I'm not using a suction cleaner, I can go down to a cheaper 1hp model. So far, very pleased.

1 of 2 pages