Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

waste of money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Having had a Polaris Sport for many years before it died ,thought a 4WD Zodiac would be just as good if not better-no luck-this machine is unable to find right way up after cleaning walls.Never had a problem with the polaris-the Zodiac swims around upside down doing nothing-After 30minutes I had enough and "helped" it with the pool brush.This has occurred 4 times now and cannot recommend this product-piece of junk
Michael

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Michael. We are sorry to hear this has happened with your Cleaner. May i ask if we have looked at or repaired the Unit for you? Thanks.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love my Zodiac!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

This is my second Zodiac 4WD and I would not like to be without one. It is extremely easy to use, keeps my pool clean of leaves and other matter and my pool always looks sparkling, clean and ready to be used - love it! I would recommend this product without hesitation.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Chez, Thank you for your 5 star review for the VX50. Glad you are loving it so much! Happy Swimming.

Blacktown

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

After 1 year

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

Have had the cleaner for 1 year now and other than the initial pain on what it cost, worth every cent. We have large gum trees that shed a lot of leaves and the cleaner picks these up from the bottom of the pool in about an hour. Press go and forget.
Have had really no issues like some of these reviews Yes the cord does twist as the robot only turns one way but at end of each clean I unwind the cord for storage and not an issue.
I will be getting the finer mesh basket as the dust in bottom of pool does remain on occasion but let's be honest, owning a pool does come with maintenance however the robot takes away most of the hard work.
5 stars after one year and worth the money even if it's a bit of a heart attack when you first buy

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Rick, THANK YOU so much for leaving such a great 5 star review! Glad to hear some stress free swimming days are coming up. Happy Swimming!

• 2 comments

Date Purchased: May 2017

VX50 - Perfection and Impure Thoughts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

After a totally unsatisfactory experience with the Zodiac CX-20, which by the way nearly swore me off the Zodiac brand altogether, I was convinced by my retailer to try and the VX-50. From the start I was dubious as the constant problems that I experienced with the CX-20 left a long-lasting, unpleasant taste in my mouth. Nevertheless, from the first operation, the VX-50 has exceeded my expectations and actually restored my faith in the Zodiac brand. Every operations leaves the pool floor sparkling and debris free. Where other cleaners have stumbled, the VX-50 overcomes and outperforms. If a man could have impure thoughts about a pool cleaner, this would be the one. Great job Zodiac, lets hope it continues to work as first received.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi there! Thank you so much for the 5 star review, We are so happy to hear that the VX50 is working so well. If you ever need to discuss, Please call us anytime on 1300 763 021, Thanks again & Happy Swimming!!

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Absolute Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

This pool cleaner was part of the new pool package by the pool company we had install the pool.

I thought great a robot pool cleaner fantastic! However after the third or fourth time we used the cleaner the cored became very tangled to the point where the shrink wrap on the cord was rubbing against its self that much it acutely exposed the wires inside the shrink wrap.

Zodiac came out and replaced the cord (as the machine was still under warranty) and gave me some instructions on how to store the unit when not using.

The first couple of time the reboot was ok with only minor tangling and we stored it after use as Zodiac advised, the robot has cleaned the pool less than 10 time and the thing just completely chokes itself by the cord tangling together.

I believe the new VX55 has a swivel attachment where the cord attaches to the machine to prevent the tangling cord, so Zodiac are well aware of the problem, unfortunately the swivel attachment isn’t sold as a separate item for the VX50….

Complete wast of time & money....

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Scott, Sorry to hear that you have had these issues with your Cleaner. If you would like to call us on 1300 763 021 and mention we asked you to call, we can discuss this further. Thanks.

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

OK, not value for money

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

This cleaner does hang up on steps and does clog up. When it gets full it stops working properly as it gets too heavy and I need to empty it.
We have Bamboo and when it sheds the little curly things clog the brushes and about once or twice a clean I am pulling it out to clean it. Same with large hibiscus leaves when shedding.
Also it doesn't climb steps very well and turn back down into the pool leaving 2 of the 3 steps unclean so I need to brush steps before using, no big deal but annoying.
I have to pre-clean the pool of large debris with the manual skimmer which defeats the purpose a bit.
Other than that gets up smaller stuff and cleans wall just fine.
Also, make sure you get the newer model with the cord swivel as mine tangles up and wont clean whole pool.
I paid $1500, probably could have got it cheaper. So for the price, not that impressed.
However, in my experience all pool cleaners suck (excuse the pun) and this is probably the best one I have used in comparison to say 6 or so others.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for leaving your review for the Vx50. If you require our help in the future, please call us on 1300 763 021, We have sent your feedback to our quality team also. Thanks.

• 6 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 30 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Best so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Persevered with a Jet Vac for ten years which cost me a fortune in maintenance. Last summer I decided to check out a few alternatives. They were all electric robots. They were all tractor belt drives. Trialled three units. They all had problems tipping over etc but I decided which one I wanted. I went to the shop, in ten minutes was convinced by the shop owner that the Zodiac 4Wd was the way to go. Everything else was rubbish I was told. I pride myself in never getting pushed into a sale so I paid $1000 based on nothing other than his recommendation. Best decision I ever made. Never stops, cleans the walls and water line, takes minutes to empty. Remote control is a waste of time and the cable gets knotted up badly after several uses. I can deal with that. I never take it out of the pool against all recommendations. So let's see what happens.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Glenina, Thanks for your 4 star review. To avoid the Cable getting tangled with do suggest that you take it out of the pool and ensure the cable is stored correctly to avoid future issues but please let us know how you go. Happy Swimming!

• 3 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

It makes me wonder why I didn't change to a robotic cleaner sooner. Very effective cleaning the pool- makes it all stress free. Occasional problem with rolling over, but emptying filter each time and making sure all the cord is in the pool fixed this. Love it

July 6th 2017 Update: Good cleaner

An update on my previous review. After 6 months, we did have a problem with the cleaner rolling over most of the time. We did all the troubleshooting but we were unable to fix it. We phoned Zodiac and they were very polite and efficient. They sent someone out within a few days who was able to fix it immediately. The problem was related to the setting regarding propulsion, which from factory settings is set quite high. Once he reset this, the cleaner has worked perfectly. We do have problems with th cord twisting, but very happy with the service provided by Zodiac.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thank you for the great review. Happy Swimming!

Have changed my mind on this one. Have continued to have problems with it rolling over. It only seems to work for about 6 months and that's it.

Zodiac Official

Hi, May I ask if you have spoken with our Customer Care team, We would love the chance to get this up and running for you asap, Thanks!

Perth, WA

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

So far so good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

3 hours after walking through the front door with a new VX50 my pool was clean. Easy setup looks effective at cleaning bottom and sides. Very easy to clean the filter and happy with it on the first day. Sometimes it falls off the side of wall or steps on it's side or upside down but rights itself after a short pause and it's away again. Will see how it goes over time, may be a candidate for 5 stars if it lasts.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Eric. Thanks for the great review. Glad to hear things are going well. Happy Swimming!

Perth, Western Australia

• 1 question

Verified Purchase

Excellent Robotic Pool Cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

A great product that performs extremely well. Very pleased we purchased one. We tried out a loan machine just to make sure it would work to our satisfaction, it did. Its a pity they don't provide a dust cover for the machine when it is not in use. However, that's a minor issue. It is great.

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Cool piece of kit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

Have had my robotic pool cleaner for a month now and am very impressed! I call it 'Rover' (as it comes like a dog with its nifty "Lift system" and moves like a moon rover with its 4WD). In 90mins it will pick up everything on the floor of the pool. It will also clean the side up to the waterline - but don't need this very often. Doesn't get stuck, as it clearly has an algorithm where it tries various manoeuvres to move if it detects it is not moving - fascinating. Less strain on the pump - which needs to be replaced - so now I'm not using a suction cleaner, I can go down to a cheaper 1hp model. So far, very pleased.

Constant disappointment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2016

We took a demo model home and it seemed to make the pool crystal clear in about 45 mins. Bought one and had nothing but problems. Always stops and flips over. Always getting error codes. Take it out clean the hell out of it. Make sure nothing is blocking the rollers wheels filter or rotor but nothing seems to help. $1500 for a lemon in my opinion.

Sydney

First clean excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2016

Just purchased today -$1270 from poolshop.com.au - pool is spotless and only took 30 mins.

Cleaner is solid and seems to be well made. 3 year Warranty and easy to set up and use

Private message

Why didn't I buy one sooner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2016

Simple design, easy to use and does a great job. I have an unusual shaped pool which is no problem for the cleaner. It's a bit expensive, but in my opinion worth it.

Worth every cent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2016

I was a little sceptical given the price tag of the Zodiac but after using it, it is incredible. Cleans our pool amazingly well and so easy to use and set up. Cleaning the pool is now something I don't put off due to the time and effort it used to take. Would definitely recommend to buy.

Gold Coast QLD

Private message

Excellent product has all the whistles and bells

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2016

Product well designed and does exactly what it promises would recommend it, great support from King Neptune Pool Centre in Nerang gave truthful advice and willing to demonstrate the product without pushing you to buy worthy of sales support.

Winmalee

Private message

Just Bought Today All Good !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2015

We bought our Zodiac VX50 from Maple Pools of Wetherill Park today the 27th Dec 2015. We went home, unboxed it, and followed the instructions to assemble (very easy) The main assembly component was the "Caddy" and the main unit did not need any assembly. Plugged it in, and turned it on. It started to walk around the pool, and it is picking up the Leaves and Debris no problems. It seems that it will take longer than the time. We set it to 3.5 hrs and its a large pool. We reckon it will take longer than that, and we will restart it if needed. We are happy!! No problems!!

Great Unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2015

Exceeds all our expectations very easy to use. Very easy to remove from pool also cleans the floors and scrubs the walls, silent running also less draw on the pump.