Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Does the job well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Good product which Zodiac stand by. I had a warranty claim after 1.5 years use, rang zodiac their technician was at my place the next day, repaired the problem and gave me a crash course in how to operate it properly to get the best benefit from the cleaner......... first class Zodiac

Purchased at: Best Pool Supplies

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi, Thanks for the Review, Glad to hear you were so happy with our Service, Happy Swimming!

SYDNEY

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Very good robotic pool cleaner - but not perfect.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

The other reviews of this pool cleaner are accurate - this is an excellent pool vac; I am lucky enough to be able to afford the version with the remote control and the cord that doesn't tangle. So far what Zodiac say the machine will do, it does; with the following exceptions:

Cleaning the waterline/tiles - no way, the VX55 seems just too heavy to be able to get to the waterline and has been a total failure at cleaning the walls of my pool. the ONLY time I have seen this vac get to the waterline (in the shallow end at about 1.0 m depth) was the first time I put it in the water. Cleaning the walls/waterline area - it tries, but just can not do it.

The remote control - maybe I'm just old and unable to deal with new technology - but the remote control is absolutely useless and very difficult to use. I don't find waving the remote around to the left/right/up/down intuitive at all - Zodiac - please just use some buttons next time. I find it frustrating and almost impossible to control the VX55 using the remote control.

The lift feature - does not work for my VX55 - then again, the weight of the machine seems quite heavy so it does not surprise me it can not climb the walls effectively. When I press the lift button - the vac will align itself with the side of the pool and TRY to climb the wall, but just cannot get up the wall...there is no traction for it to climb the side of the pool - if its at the shallow end of the pool I can reach in and help it up. If it lifts at the deep end - forget it - then see comments above re the remote control trying to get it to the shallow end of the pool.

Things I like - the caddy, the cord that doesn't tangle is excellent and appears to work just fine (read Zodiac's instructions), suction/pool cleaning is excellent (apart from the walls/waterline feature). It does a very good job at keeping the pool clean of leaves/larger debris on the pool floor. I may buy the 100 micron canister to see if I get a better clean... The canister is easy to remove and cleaning is easy. Zodiac products seem nice quality, I would definitely consider them again in the future.

If the VX55 could consistently lift itself up to the waterline at the end of each clean, and the remote control was not so infuriating to operate, this robot pool vac would easily get 5 stars. It is a really nice piece of equipment that I would recommend.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi PeteTS, Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed Review. Thank you for the 4 stars also.
We have sent this feedback to our Quality Team. Please call us on 1300 763 021 if you should require help in the future, Thanks again.

Gold Coast, Queensland

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 4 answers

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Wow, bought a house with a pool, looked at various pool robotic cleaners, because the creepy crawly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

being green in the ownership of pool cleaners I researched a few brands read articles on line. We purchased this model yesterday put it in the pool this morning for a 2 hour run, while I worked keeping an eye on it now and then. It happened to just tip over when I went to have a look at it in operation as read in one of the reviews on here. Rather than correct it I let it do itself. After it cleaned the pool my darling wife commented that it was the cleanest it had been. I cleaned the filter basket and was shocked how much it had gathered from the pool. Not being a expert or previous owner of a pool cleaner, other than the creepy crawly the previous owners left. I'd highly recommend a robotic cleaner after one clean. Our purchase was between the VX55 the VX50 and another brand with no caddy, no remote, a higher price and no repair on site. The choice wasn't hard because my friend wished he had bought a cleaner with a remote. IMO the VX55 has all the bells and whistles, and just what we needed and wanted.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Dave, Thank you for this 5 star review! Thanks and Happy Swimming.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: May 2017

very happy with my new cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

Purchased this cleaner after a few months of research, was a bit worried about spending $1500 but after using it 3 times now i am more that impressed. it works extremely well on my 8m x 4.5m free form concrete pool. first time i used it it did make the water a bit cloudy but i think that was due to there being a lot of stuff on the bottom of the pool. turned the filter on and that fixed the cloudiness. second time i used the cleaner it was even better and now my pool is cleaner that it ever has been.

very impressed so far very easy to use and it does a really good job.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Paul, Thanks for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

now been using my cleaner once a week for 3 months and still think it is brilliant so easy to use and just does a fantastic job cleaning my pool.

Zodiac Official

That is fantastic to hear Paul. Thank you for the update, it is always great to hear back feedback from our amazing customers. Happy Swimming!

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Wish I had bought something else....

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2017

All this cleaner does is agitate all the dirt in my pool leaving cloudy murky water. This is caused by the strong water jet pushed out of the back of cleaner. Leaves and larger debris it manages,but everything else is just stirred up.. I have also tried the finer filter. Not happy as I bought "top of the range" cleaner and have gone back to using my pump cleaner. Waste of 2000 dollars.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Lou, if you have not already contacted our Aftersales team, please do so on 1300 763 021. We can discuss this further with you, Thanks.

Thanks I have discussed with after sales team and it was suggested that I switch the pool filter on when vacuuming the pool., which i do already. So, not particularly helpful. In defense of your ... read more »

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Only two weeks old, but so far so good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I've only had this cleaner for two weeks, but so far so good. It works very well cleaning the floor and walls, it picks up/cleans up everything it comes across, but I have one criticism and that is it struggles a bit on the steps. But as I said only two weeks so I'll give it a bit more time to map out the pool area and surfaces.

I put it in the pool a few times per week and it seems to do the job of keeping the pool clean and leave the skimmer free to do the skimming. I like a lot, the lift feature. I also find the rubbish basket easy to remove/replace and clean.

Overall I'm happy with the robot and would recommend it if the price doesn't scare you away.

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Dale, thank for your 4 star review, Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase. Happy Swimming.

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Works reasonably well :-)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2017

It works very good cleaning the floor and walls but it struggles a bit on the steps due to its size as it seems that there isn't enough space for it on a typical step. I have the 100 micron filter that helps with catching all the tiny stuff.
I put it in the pool a few times per week and it seems to do the job of keeping the pool clean and leave the skimmer free to do the skimming :-). Overall I'm happy with the robot and would recommend it if the price is no issue. However keep in mind the robot is rather big and on the heavy side so consider that aspect before purchasing.

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Zodiac Official

Hi Arash, Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, Happy Swimming.

Perth

• 4 answers

Verified Purchase

Best Cleaner on the market

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

We have sold most brands of cleaner and have found the Zodiac VX55 unbeatable for cleaning ability and reliability compared to their competitors. The functionality of the cleaner timer and the lift system for removal from the water are also unrivalled. Zodiac have recently released a cable swivel but i have never had a problem with cable tangles when the cleaner is set up correctly and even when customers have just thrown the whole cable into the pool.
We tested the cleaner for 6 months before recommending to customers, then we staked our reputation on this range of cleaner and it has come through better than we ever expected.
Truly exceptional and our customers are so impressed with the results.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Awesome Robotic Cleaner!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

We have been using the VX55 for the last 2 weeks now and I cant believe as a first time pool owner how easy this unit is to use, clean and store. The cleaner works well around the pool base, walls and step. It self corrects itself quickly and gets back to work. I love that at the completion of the clean that with a push of the button on the caddy or remote the unit comes up to the surface for you to pick up drain, empty and store.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Can't Live Without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2015

This machine is fabulous, does the steps and ledge around the pool and is so easy to clean. No mess, no fuss and comes with a remote control - too easy.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

How much should i pay for the vx554wd?

Cj1 asked on Nov 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi there, Thanks for your interest in the VX55 Cleaner. Our products are sold by authorised Zodiac Dealers. Please go to www.zodiac.com/dealer to find your closest place. Thanks!!

Interesting a customer has mentioned this is not designed for narrow/lap pools. What is the minimum width required for this model to work effectively as designed?

David C asked on Oct 19, 2017

Answer this

Hi.... The 4WD Vortex robots do turn 360 degrees on themselves, however, the wider the pool, the more room the Vortex robot has to maneuver around the pool. If you have questions specifically regarding your pool, if you could please contact Customer Care on 1300 763 021 and advise pool size, pool surface, and debris type, we would be happy to help recommend a pool cleaner which is right for your pool.

Hello Pool is owners and Zodiac! My VX 4wd bought 28 months ago ($1987) has been fantastic. But has just stopped working and am advised by pool shop, warranty wise tough luck. Works out to roughly $1000/year for pool cleaning. I am not overly happy about that as a value option. However while working it was great. Drop in, and take out 2 hours later Excellent. My question is should I replace it with another VX4WD or the Cx35 which appears popular?? Can the group advise or even Zodiac the please? Thanks Doug

Douglas asked on Oct 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi Douglas, Can you please confirm your exact Model ( you have now)? Thanks!

Hello Zodiac
Thanks for your quick response.
It was bought from a great pool shop in Smithfield Placid Pools and is the V4 4WD sorry not a VX.
The shop advised the motor needs replacing and wheels are wobbly.
Cheers