HIF (Health Insurance Fund) review by bronty_saurus

Private message

Insurance claim made

Cheapest with Obstetrics Cover, always provide good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2015, viewed 6001 times

I shop around every 12 months and have found no other health fund can beat HIF on price when you add on obstetrics cover. Even when reps from iSelect call etc., I say can you beat this price with obstetrics and they always say "No, don't bother changing covers."
We used our hospital cover a couple of years ago when our son was born. The HIF staff were reassuring that whatever they said would be paid for (and it was). Extremely happy with their service and coverage. Inexpensive (well as inexpensive as health cover gets), decent service and good coverage.

Negatives:
When claiming 'fast track' you still need to send in a printed out claim form. I was with Medibank before and you could send in Ancillary claims via the online website.
Call centre waiting times seem to have increased greatly from when I first joined (2011) to now.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
HIF (Health Insurance Fund) Official

Hi bronty_saurus, Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful feedback! I was delighted to read your comments and I've shared this with all our staff here now as they love to see messa... read more »

Thanks for the info about claiming. I will remember for next time.

See all 95 reviews for HIF (Health Insurance Fund)