InsureandGo Australia review by Vanessa

• 12 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Insurance claim made

BEWARE OF INSURE AND GO FINE PRINT -FLIGHT CANCELLATION DUE TO "Operational Requirements, IS NOT CO

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017, viewed 1900 times

My flight was cancelled on a major airline because of 'Operational Requirment' so we had an extra night and days worth of expenses. No problem my policy says it covers 'Flight Cancellation" NO THAT IS A PROBLEM AS IN TINY WRITING IT STATES 'If flight is cancelled because of Operational requirements (which is still cancelling the flight- YOU ARE NOT COVERED!!!!!! There are usually 3 reasons flights are cancelled, Bad weather, machanical problems or Operational Requirements which covers a multitude of problems. I have discovered many flights are often cancelled citing this reason rather than machanical or bad weather. So chances are 1in 3 that your cancelled flight is NOT COVERED.
I only was out of pocket a few hundred dollars, I am sure many people have been burned for far more money than I did. Remember cheap insurance is cheap for a reason, because they don't pay out very often.
BUYER BEWARE.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi Vanessa, Thanks for getting in touch. I’m not too sure what the details of your case are, so can’t comment on anything you’ve said. However, if you send me your claim number – in a private messa... read more »

My claim number is 117000080 . I am happy for you to publically respond to this situation, it may help other consumers to make informed choices when it come to travel insurance.

InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi Vanessa, Apologies for the delay in responding to you, I was not in yesterday so wasn’t able to follow up your query as quickly as I would normally have. I spoke to your case manager today, as w... read more »

See all 1138 reviews for InsureandGo Australia