2Apply

2Apply

Protector of the tenantsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE

My husband and I are seeking a new rental (terrible timing but that's life). We went to apply for a rental this evening. My husband spent HOURS filing out the most invasive pile of questions we have ever been asked for a rental. once he had finished, I tried several times to log in to do my part of the application and it just would not send me the verification code (it came through 3 hours later). I did a quick Reddit search and I told my husband to delete the application. We will go to the agent and ask for a paper form. If they refuse, we will not apply. I am researching which agents use this form to actively avoid them. It's data harvesting at it's finest and there are cases of ppl have their identity stolen. I'm surprised it didn't ask for a stool or urine sample. It is so invasive. We were affected by the Optus breach. I'm sure as crap actively refusing to participate with this app.
My advice is to go to the agent directly and ask for a paper form (primitive I know) or ask if you can apply via email.
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Protector of the tenants

If you are reading this, please file a complaint with the accc (go to their website).They will send you a questionnaire. Please fill it out and return it. If enough ppl complain, it will get flagged and they will look into.