Mrs AWAPerth, WA3 posts

A very happy HIF member

I’ve been a HIF member for over 10 years now and I couldn’t be happier with them. During that time, I’ve had three day admissions to hospital and my husband’s had one, and HIF has always taken care of everything without question.

On the extras side, I regularly compare our ‘Super Options’ extras cover with other funds but haven’t been able to beat it for price and coverage yet. My husband and I each claim $350 on glasses/sunnies/contacts every year, and they also have an extra discount arrangement with Specsavers and a few other optical stores, so that brings any remaining costs down even further. We also claim a lot on dental each year and our dentist raves about HIF - they reckon they’re the best in the business. HIF’s $400 pharmacy annual limit is great for me too as I regularly have to claim for a particular medication so I always max that out each year. And it was good to see that HIF also improved their osteo rebates recently, as I use that quite often.

In terms of customer service, I’ve always found all of HIF’s reps to be friendly, well trained and very knowledgeable. If I ever need to call them, I’m usually only on hold for a couple of minutes before someone answers (very different to most service providers!), and HIF’s social media team are outstanding too. They’re super helpful and always resolve my queries quickly and professionally - I honestly couldn’t fault them.

Having just read some of the other reviews on here, it’s disappointing to see that even when HIF responds to complaints and resolves the issues, most reviewers don’t update their initial star ratings and comments to reflect that (credit where credit’s due and all that!). But again, it’s good to see that HIF takes every review seriously. Personally, I’ve always been made to feel like a valued member rather than just another policy number, and I like that HIF are not-for-profit and carbon neutral too - I think it says a lot about their focus on customers instead of shareholders. Oh, and the member rewards program is fantastic! I’ve referred heaps of friends over the years, and to say thank you, HIF sends me a $70 gift card for each one that joins up. Such a great idea!

So thank you, HIF. Five stars from me! :)

PS - LOVE Hif the dog!

• Claim Made: Yes
  • Plan Coverage: Hospital and extras
  • Coverage Type: Couple
  • Under 30: No
  • Claim Resolution Time: <1 week
  • Claim Date: April 2020
  • Claim Approved: Yes
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
HIF (Health Insurance Fund)   DM

Hello Mrs. A, Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and thoughtful review. Ten years as a HIF Member is certainly a wonderful milestone, so a huge thank you from us for your continued loyalty, trust and support.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had three day admissions though, I do hope they went well and both you and your husband are fully recovered? We know hospital admissions can be a stressful time so to hear you say ‘HIF has always taken care of everything without question’, really has made our day.

It’s also great to read that you’ve received excellent value from your Extras cover, especially on Dental, Optical, and Pharmacy. We pride ourselves on offering outstanding cover, at competitive prices so we’re delighted to hear you’ve been able to take advantage of the benefits we pay.

In terms of your Member Experience, that feedback is incredible to hear. I actually work in HIF’s social media team, so I’d personally like to thank you for taking the time to compliment us and I’ll ensure these comments are passed on to the team too. As a Member-owned health fund we exist solely for Members like you, so thank you for referring your family and friends to us - to be able to reward you with a $70 cash card each time is simply a small token of our appreciation.

And finally, whilst it can be disappointing to see reviews that haven’t been updated, we do understand that it’s our job to make sure our Members feel valued and supported during the most difficult of times.

Mrs. A, thanks once again for your kind words (especially about our furry little brand ambassador, Hif) and if you ever need assistance in the future please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can reach us anytime on social@hif.com.au and we’ll be happy to assist.

Thanks and warm regards,
David (A/Digital Marketing Team Leader)

Mrs A

David, what a lovely response! Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and caring reply. My husband and I are doing great now thanks, both happy and healthy thanks to HIF. :) Take care and keep up the great work!

See all HIF (Health Insurance Fund) reviews