J. MaxwellQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Xero Support should be renamed "Zero Support"

Xero Central's website proudly boasts "Get expert help using Xero, any time you need it".
That statement is simply not true; and would be laughable, if only one could overcome one's frustration from trying to get their help.
While Xero's accounting software may be simple to use, be warned that user support is virtually non-existent. There is no contact phone, no online chat facility, and too-few personnel dealing with queries. Instead, one's query must be logged online in writing, using Xero's case management process which is buried as deep under a mountain of training guides as humanly possible.
Having been logged, one's "case" is queued, with an initial "expected response time", in my experience of up to 19 hours. Who can wait that long, particularly went trying to close off the year-end?
Worse still, every Q&A interaction with Xero's so-called "specialists" (who aren't the brightest stars in the firmament), sends your case all the way to the back of the queue again. Thus, a simple query can, and usually will take many days to resolve.
And don't bother requesting a telephone call-back. I had one booked with a Xero "Team Member" for a specific time two days ago, and am still waiting for the call-back, despite sending multiple unanswered "where are you" messages!
As I plan my migration to another of the many online accounting options available, I am left with the distinct impression that Xero considers Client Support as an unwelcome and vexatious task that is to be avoided at all cost. Such a culture will lead to their eventual demise, and the reason why I would recommend you avoid Xero at all cost.
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Xero   DM

I am sorry to see this experience J. We pride ourselves on great customer support and our customers are at the heart of our business and why we do what we do so we definitely want to help! Indeed we ask you to raise a query via Xero Central in the first case because that's the quickest way to help you - the majority of the time the automated answers are enough (in fact 95% of queries are answered within a few minutes) and when they are not, you can go to the bottom of the search results or the bottom of any page in Xero Central to come to our support team. Most of Xero’s
support team have a degree-level accounting background, and once we have your case raised and can see the complexities or urgency and a request for a phone call we'll get right on it!

I know you wrote this a couple of weeks back and I would like to have someone look further into the query that has cause you so much disappointment here. Can you provide me with the 'CX' case/support ref number so that you don't have to share your email address publicly? Thanks. -OG

J. Maxwell

And here's yet another example of Corporate PR-spin...
"in fact 95% of queries are answered within a few minutes".
You only get to that statistic by including every visit to Xero's self-help online training guides, with the remaining "5% of queries" being, presumably, those involving human intervention.
However, if one is able to resolve the problem oneself by using online training guides, it is most disingenuous to call this "great customer support".
Real customer support, involving some form of human interaction, always becomes necessary when "urgent and critical" issues cannot be resolved by pre-printed training guides. Therefore, it is only at this point that a company's actual support capability can be truly and realistically measured.
It would be most interesting to see the response times of Xero's support team, as these most certainly exceed the claimed "few minutes". In my case detailed above, Xero took more than 5 days to fulfill the scheduled call-back.
And for "OG"s records, my case was logged under the following references - CX0012639030, CX0012635155, and CX0012634933

Xero   DM

Thanks for the reference numbers which I have escalated so our support team management can review the process and support failure you experienced. -OG (Orange Girl, or, Catherine)

Extra Information