Filter By:

Good cover

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

After reviewing different policies I settled on 1 cover for our recent Europe trip the easiness of getting the policy and value for money was what made my mind up to go with this company again as I have used them in the past and would so again

easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Easy to set up, do you do loyalty deals if we are regular travels? you never know how good something is until you make a claim, fortunately we didn't need to!

Insurance claim made

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Great value, had to unfortunately make a claim - easy!!!!! They were very very easy to deal with. I would highly recommend them for them to all friends and family

Insurance claim made

Fantastic Customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We had purchased a 12 month policy as we were doing a lot of travel over this period.
We felt that this was a good policy for the amount of travel we were doing
We purchased on line and was very simple
We have used 1 cover for a few years and it really is strange that you never think to much about the travel insurance until something goes wrong.
We did make a medical claim and it was not a huge one. After hearing about some travel insurance i was not confident.
However, we did make a claim for a few hundred dollars and it was all fixed with in a week.
it was easy, well handled and had no issue

Have had no problems so far, but have lost some confidence in the pre-existing medical area.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

The price for cover was OK, as long as I am covered for any unforeseen event. Fortunately that has not occurred so it's hard to say how they would respond to pre-existing condition claims. When filling out the pre-existing forms and sending them through, I had to prompt 1Cover consultants to progress the documents to the Medical assessment Team as they had not forwarded them through and must have been sitting in their IN Box without action. This has happened before the last two trips I applied for that cover, it makes you feel a bit uncomfortab le especially when it's getting close to your trip. They also don't give reasons why they decline to cover a pre-existing issue - I had a kidneys stone removed over 12 months ago and they refused to cover Kidney Stones if it occurred on the trip, I don't understand why as it was a procedure I went through and the stone was removed and I have had no problems since and its hardly a pre-existing ongoing "Condition", maybe if I had the Flu 6 months ago they may consider it a pre-existing condition??. We all have general maintenance of our bodies over the years but it would seem 1Cover see all of these as Pre-Existing conditions so you may not be covered for anything you've seen the doctor for in the past!!
However, if you have had anything stolen during your trip, which I have, they have honored my claim without too much problem, just a lot of paperwork and questions about the articles stolen.

Only Suitable for Low Risk Travel

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Used 1Cover very successfully (no claims) for numerous trips including lengthy holiday and also some slightly exotic destinations. Also covered my husband's pre-existing medical condition on each occasion which was great. Last travel 9 months ago. Applied for latest trip (July 2017) - they have changed medical assessor 2 weeks ago - even though they approved cover several times before and my husband's condition is completely stable (unchanged from 2016) they declined cover. Their medical staff previously were really helpful and willing to e ngage and explain risks and consider additional medical evidence etc. Now off shore centre used - refused point blank to discuss and gave ridiculous excuses (because we were travelling to the USA - which was 2 days of a 30 day trip) and yet they had happily insured a 4 week trip which was all USA in 2016. Each person gave contradictory answers. Eventually told me they would get doctor to call me back. Next day they left a message to say the doctor wouldn't speak to me. Message from staff was basically only interested in insuring young (under 40), low risk people to destinations with relatively low medical costs (rule out USA). 1Cover has every right to assess risk and decide on whether to insure but very disappointed that the customer interaction was dismissive and dishonest in terms of explaining the reasons for their risk assessment. Particularly since the information submitted is very sparse and they wouldn't even talk to me about whether there was any other medical information I could provide that they might consider.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Simple claims Process, Quick Resolution

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I ended up quite sick on my holiday and ended up with $650 worth of medical bills. Luckily I kept all my receipts, after locating my receipts I called 1cover who then emailed me a claims form. I filled out the claims form and attached the relative documentation and sent the form back. 1cover reviewed and approved my claim in a day and I had the money in my bank account within three days.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dylan, I’m so sorry to hear of your sickness while overseas. I hope it hasn't put you off from travelling for too long! It's always encouraging to hear our customers talk so positively a... read more »

Good cover for good price

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Our policy was good value for a good price and was really easy to organise online. Thankfully we didn't have to use it, so I cannot review their customer support. We have now used 1 Cover 3 maybe 4 times and I would have no hesitation recommending 1 Cover.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi there, Glad you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It's always encouraging to hear such nice words from a satisfied and loyal customer. Thank you for choosing 1C... read more »

Easy, Convenient Travel Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

1Cover travel insurance was very easy to set up, convenient and covered all the items I needed covered. I will definitely be using them again in the future and recommend them to anyone.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Timothy, We like to think we're different from other insurance companies, so thank you for such kind words. Glad you found the policy to be good value and that you are happy with the ser... read more »

This was Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

Policy was definitely good value. Better than anyone else. Have used 1 Cover Travel Insurance 3 times now. It was very easy to set up and have always had excellent Customer Service and Support.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Vicki, Glad to hear that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It means so much when we hear a customer tell us how happy they are with our customer service and... read more »

Just right

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Yes i always use onecover easy to apply simple to understand. Never claimed but happy im covered if i need to.peace of mind makes the holiday worry free. Will use again

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kevin, It's great to hear our policies helped provide you with peace of mind while on your trip. It's fantastic to know our customers can relax because of their cover. Glad you found the... read more »

Great value Great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Have used 1Cover for the past 6 years of travel, online easy to use great cover and excellent value for money . On one occasion I needed to make a claim and found the company very reasonable to deal with , very efficient settling my claim and made a stressful event easier to deal with . 1Cover is my preferred travel insurance company .

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lynn, Wow, a long-time customer! Thanks so much for your continued support, it means so much knowing the confidence and trust you have placed in us. I am glad that you found our staff fa... read more »

1 of 229 pages

We have comprehensive cover for a family of 5. If our airline has engineerimg problems in Bali and the return flight is now 3 days later who organises and pays for accommodation and meals? Thanks.

AmyA asked on May 22, 2017

Hi Amy,

As a travel insurer, we won't cover delays that are caused by the airline. If your flight has been delayed due to mechanical issues, which appears to be the case here, then it is actually the airline's responsibility to provide compensation.

In your case, I'd suggest you contact your airline and ask how they plan to compensate you for the delay.

Just so you're aware, we will cover you if you miss your flight due to a natural disaster, severe weather, hijacking, riots or civil unrest.

If you have any further questions, our team can be contacted from overseas on +61 2 8015 6392.

Kind regards,
Kieran.

We are all commencing our travel on the same date but returning on different dates. Can we have a family polocy with the last return date nominated.

Lorraine asked on May 12, 2017

Hi Lorraine,

Yes, you can. If you would like to book your policy online please visit https://www.1cover.com.au Alternatively, you can give our customer care team a call on 1300 854 723 and organise your insurance over the phone. We are open from 7 am - 8 pm, Monday to Friday.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to email me directly at info@1cover.com.au.

Kind regards,
Kieran at 1Cover.

Hi under general exclusions , you will not pay if under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, is there a limit to how many drinks you can consume, or must we be alcohol free, what is classed as under the influence,.05 BAC and above? kind regards Les

Caspar asked on Apr 19, 2017

Answer this

Hi Les. I'm assuming you hold a Valid Australian Driving License; we go by Australian law when it comes to driving internationally, so a limit of 50mg per 100ml (0.05) BAC for a full driver, or whatever restrictions apply to your particular license (ie - zero BAC limit.for a P-Plater). Thanks, Andrew @1Cover

I am interested in everyday claims, not for driving claims, say if I am in a bar and my drinks get spiked, or my wallet stolen, being in a bar and having one drink, am i under the influence or am I deemed to be contributing to the claim because I am in a bar drinking?

Hi Les. There aren't any restrictions on the amount of alcohol that you can consume when not driving e.g. out for dinner or at a bar. But if the level of alcohol consumed impairs judgment, or can be determined as being contributable to an incident arising, then the exclusion will apply. There's no hard and fast rule since it depends on the circumstances and context of the incident. e.g. one person might have been drinking heavily, got a cab back to the hotel when it was involved in a crash - so the volume of alcohol would be irrelevant. But if someone had been drinking heavily and tripped down the stairs, or was dancing on the bar at 3am and fell off it - that's a different story. Common sense prevails. Generally speaking, the more alcohol that is consumed the more likely it is that normal judgment is impaired, so it's best to drink responsibly. Cheers, Andrew @1Cover

See all 157 questions about 1Cover Travel Insurance