No fuss but bit misleading

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

It states on your website that we would be provided a car of similar size to our car that was being repaired. We were told on the phone we would be getting a Camry sedan from Acorn to replace our full size wagon. We got given a Corolla!! When I raised this with the person that dropped off the car his reply was "I only deliver what the ipad says and it said to give you a corolla" thanks for helping me sort that out. Tainted what should have been an easy experience. And, "No" a corolla hatch doesn't fit a twin stroller, twins change bag and twins capsules...... But what do you care, right??

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

"Like for Like" is untrue

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

The service is quite good and is well handled. My complaint is that they promise a "like for like" replacement but can't deliver on this promise. I damaged a station wagon, a work vehicle, but the closest I could get was a Toyota Corolla hatch. Whilst promised an upgrade to something more suitable "if and when" something became available, this has not happened and no suggestion it will happen.
I would suggest checking what stock Acorn and its competitors have before locking in with one of them.

Toll

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

All great. Very efficient You were very good. Pleased to recommend. I would also want to check what I do about toll charges I incurred.

Very easy to book. Kerry

This was a lifesaver - no hassle

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Customer service, booking and quality of car were all excellent. I would happily recommend their service. There was no hanging around or waiting and the car was well presented.

Thank you so much!.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Booking was easy and most pleasant and helpful. Customer service first rate.
The Corolla provided could not have been better, only 400km on the odometer in fact !
Thank you again. I will have no problem recommending your services.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Was easy once I sorted out a problem with the other insurance company.
Very good and helpful. Wish more companies were like this.
The car was really good. No waiting. The guy who delivered the car was good.
Petrol wise excellent. Thank you

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

The service is amazing. No stress and the customer service is amazing. Everything was so easy they did everything. No fuss or worries. I never new they existed will differently use again.

great company

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

Easiest booking system. Prompt reply. Checked in with my needs regularly. Car was cute and zippy and in great condition.
All up; flawless service, will definitely recommend to others.

Wonderful service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

Easy to use with the 0800 number and not a long wait to get a person at the end of the phone. Good to have a reference number that made any other communication easy. Excellent customer service, especially when they delivered the car to my house & took my car down to the Panelbeaters as they were unable to deliver it to the originally arranged time. Lovely new Toyota Corolla that was easy to drive.

totally excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

very easy, great customer service, responded to everything quickly, car was good too. car was delivered to the repairer and I dropped it off once my car was fixed. So convenient. thank you Acorn Rental.

Great service !

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Thank you Acorn Rentals .I went to the repairer and they suggested I contact you as I was not at fault. There was a car available on site so after only a short wait I was on the road again. Lovely car (clean & tidy) and also a follow up call to me from Acorn. Fast ,efficient and friendly ... Thanks to the Acorn team.
Kind regards
John Horne

Staff supportive and understanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2017

I would just like to send a big thanks for your great service, all your staff were friendly, supportive and understanding
in what can be a stressful situation after a car accident and being without a car. Thanks Guys.........John

1 of 74 pages

My husbands car was ran into while it was parked, out insurance has advised us not to drive it until it is assessed which is the 4th jan due to being christmas. They have paid excess to their insurance but thweir insurance is telling us we have to pay for the hire car first then they will reimburse me, which is so wrong when we arent at fault. What is the process on getting a car through you please? my isnurance company has forwared your detaisl on, cheers, Kirby

Kirby asked on Dec 29, 2016

Good Morning Kirby,

I can either send you an application form to your email, you can apply on our website http://acornrentals.com.au/not-at-fault-application-form/ or please contact our head office on 1300 22 6767.

Kind regards,

Acorn Rentals

Do you have an office at the Gold Coast?

joan asked on Mar 20, 2016

Answer this

Hi Joan, we do not have an office at the Gold Coast however we deliver vehicles there from our Brisbane branch. Hope this answers your question. Regards, Aaron

Hi, have just been reading through some of your shining reviews. However I am interested in hiring a campervan, do you hire campers at all?

Joe asked on Nov 06, 2015

Good Morning Joe,

Unfortunately we do not have camper vans. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,