Always use Agoda - helped me out of my booking error

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

I have used Agoda since my first booking in March 2014 and have consistently found them to be awesome. Recently they helped me out of my booking mess (I booked July instead of June) but they were able to fix it for me which was helpful.

I usually check all the sites and then compare against agoda as I prefer to book with them (they have my cc details and travel history from past bookings in there) and I have honestly never had a problem with them - just print off the voucher and come to the hotel. Even with tiny little places in the remotest places have never lost a booking.

Sorry to read the bad reviews on them but I really love Agoda (even more now that they saved me $320 on a screwed up booking that was my own fault).

Charged 4 month ahead when the website says "pay at hotel"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

the Agoda website advertise "pay at the hotel", we choose the higher rate for pay at hotel. then found out we've charged 4 months before we arrived the hotel. When I question who authorise the charge on my credit card, they reply there was an error, but nothing they can do about it... Can you trust to leave your credit card details with such a website?!?! This put a very stressful financial situation on us before we are heading to the holiday. If the start can go negative, I would put -5 for this website.

Advertised prices incorrect

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

I didn't trust the Agoda advertised price for a luxury Retreat in Margaret River, WA Australia. $74/night. Called the Retreat direct and they mentioned this happening to several Agoda clients. Site showed availability when in fact they were fully booked. Prices start from $370/night. How is this possible Agoda.

Rude, stubborn and obnoxious call centre

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2017

Iv recently had an experience with Agoda where in a had to change a few bookings. Each time it says I cannot change my booking - when calling the hotels they had no trouble changing it for me. One hotel I couldn't contact and I had to call the Agoda customer call centre where I got hold of a rude, blunt and unhelpful lady. When asking to speak to a supervisor she refused. When asking for her full name she refused. I have still not resolved my issue and there is no way of contacting them without a booking number. Very disappointed and will NOT be using them again!

Discounted Prices???

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2017

Their hotel prices are not accurate. The rack rate at one hotel I stayed at was the same I paid with supposedly 50% discount. Another hotel had a walk in rate of half of what I paid.

Agoda was very competitive a few years ago. Booking a hotel before you arrive is convenient but realize you are paying for it. If you are staying a few nights somewhere I'd book the 1st night and then have a look around for walk-in rates. In most cases you can negotiate with the hotel directly, especially if it low season.

They lie

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

They say pay at the hotel then take the money straight out of your credit card and you don't win with them, they're not interested.

brisbane

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Booked into the hotel from HELL

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Booked 4 nights at the Clayton Lodge Hotel in Newcastle Under Lyme, room was disgusting,used condoms in the hotel toilets, burnt out cars in the carpark, vermin in the hallways lost over $400 thanks to AGODA pre-payment system still trying to get a refund as the hotel said tough! Don't get burnt like us and this was after a 24hour flight to the UK

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

book now pay later

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

We booked a hotel in Melbourne as a Book Now Pay Later and on the page you have to input your credit card details a message tells you NO MONEY WILL BE TAKEN. PAY AT THE HOTEL. Wrong they took the money that night and after contacting the ACC I sent Agoda a letter of complaint. That was the start on Nit Picking and Muck Raking (before booking the Hotel we went with one I had booked another Hotel with Free Cancellation and cancelled that Hotel due to the distance for me to walk) that was bought up in the first email and on the second email was told I had to move on from Book Now Pay Later as it was to late and it was my mistake. I had contacted the Hotel and they stated the price for the room is very discounted and is only a Book and Pay Now. They are trying to work with Booking.com who are the sister company to Agoda . All these companies seem to be owned by Priceline and we all need to sent them a copy of all interactions with Agoda and or Booking.com.

Please don't just dismiss the actions of Agado download the copy of how to send them a letter of complaint and lets all get some Government action on what can only be called False Advertising

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase

Poor service, Site not user friendly, midnight phone calls

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

I made a hotel reservation for two nights through Agoda, and then had to reduce it to one night. Agoda's site only offered the possibility to cancel the reservation, although, theoretically one could "manage" it. The alleged on line connection never reacted to pressing the "submit" button. The guaranteed 24/7 customer service proved to be a recording machine promising to call back. After I have cancelled the reservation, and not withstanding the cancellation, I have indeed received two phone calls, one around 11 p.m. and one around... midnight. They did offer apologies but woke me up twice.
I would never ever recommend AGODA for any purpose.

Verified Purchase

Started out bad but we were offered a solution

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

We booked a hotel room at Noosa and paid for it - then were advised afterwards that it is just too bad but they can’t give us the booking. Apparently the hotel's policy was 3 night minimum stay but Agoda site stated 2 night minimum stay. The have found an alternative though.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Scam artists. Dont trust them! They steal your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Stated very clearly that i wont be charged until i check in. Ended up charging me anyway and refused to take responsibility. Dont trust them. Bunch of asian dodgy scam artists

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 30 pages

How do I use the agoda promotion voucher . Is it automatic when booking ? There doesn't seem to be any clarity , it shows up then disappears , then what .

Royston asked on Jun 12, 2017

Answer this

Agoda has recently updated this section of their booking system. I haven't used it. The old system you log in and your money balance shows in the payment box. If your promotion voucher is not there, you'll have to contact Agoda directly.
As I said in my comment they were the best booking site a few years ago, in price and customer service. I am not sure what has happened in the last year or so. Good luck

I have a booking with you for march 1 to 8 with the mantra at ettalong beach. I would like a receipt emailed to me as i lost yr previous email. Please i will await yr reply. Cathy Picard my email is cathyswanpicard@yahoo.com.au

Cathy asked on Jan 11, 2017

Is this a safe site to use?

marie asked on Nov 10, 2016

Answer this

I have used this site many times to book accomodation and have always found it to be safe & convenient. Agoda also accepts payment by Paypal which has been an added bonus.