Filter By:

Bali

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Yes, I was very happy with the value. I initially bought a policy on the website, which was incredibly easy to do. It made sense and was easy to navigate. However, I got the dates wrong and needed to call the customer service centre the next day. The customer support officer (unfortunately I have forgotten his name) was extremely helpful and easy to talk to. A very pleasant experience.
I would definitely consider Allianz again for my next trip as it was a very easy and quick process.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Anita, glad to hear you've been happy with Allianz Travel Insurance! Regards, Anthony.

Peace of mind

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

I always travel with my DSLR camera and found this policy to be covering its replacement cost without paying additional premium. Other cheaper providers were not.

Peace of mind at a good price point.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, glad to hear we were able to provide the cover that suited your needs. Regards, Anthony.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Don't use Allianz for travel insurance.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Apparently disruptions that affects your mode of transport eg Heathrow express signal failure doesn't qualify as an accident. Yet an "accident" is an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause. Apparently signal failure was within my control! Be wary of this company they will do anything not to pay out a few hundred dollars.

They were not my company of choice they were part of my insurance through Commonwealth Bank credit card service and I thought I would be covered. Well I learnt my lesson. I will never use Allianz again.

Verified Purchase

Great insurance and reasonably priced

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

This is the second trip where I have used Allianz Travel Insurance. The online system is easy to use, the price was competitive and the policy covered everything I needed it to. Thanks Allianz.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Maria, thanks for your review, it's appreciated. Regards, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Dreadful ordeal to much privacy invasion to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

No the policy was not good value
Yes easy to set up
The support was dreadful wanted to make a claim but all to difficult in the end so canceled trip due medical reasons and didn't make a claim

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Top cover with a reputable insurer at an affordable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Looked at several travel insurance providers and for our trip to NZ found Allianz ticked all the boxes and was also one of the better priced. Was happy to pay that little bit extra to use an insurer we knew and were comfortable with that also has a global presence.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, hope you had a great New Zealand trip - thanks for your review! Regards, Anthony.

Allianz always!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Quick and easy to sort cover online, gives peace of mind - especially when using a hire car. Always a competitive price, i always check other companies but always end up with Allianz!

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Nic, glad to hear you've been happy with Allianz Travel Insurance. Regards, Anthony.

Verified Purchase

Comprehensive and trouble-free

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

One of the best travel insurance experiences that we have had and certain to influence our choice the next time we go overseas. Thankfully, we did not have to make a claim, but the information provided to use in the event that we had to was comprehensive and comforting.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your great review, it's appreciated. Hope you had a great overseas trip! Cheers, Anthony.

Travel insurance was easy and effective

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

Great Value super easy to set up and customer service was great, we didn't have to make a claim but I know they would have been very accommodating if we did need any help, definitely book my travel insurance with Allianz again next time

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kirby, glad to hear you've been especially happy with our customer service! Regards, Anthony.

Good Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

good value for a short family Oz holiday. peace of mind as all accommodation was prepaid and there was a risk of flight cancellation. easy to set up over the phone. saved money because car insurance is included so didn't have to pay the car rental company.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Scotty, glad to hear that you found Allianz Travel Insurance good value. Cheers, Anthony.

Good to have in case!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

Didn't need but there if it was needed. Policy was easy to access....value for money. I just purchased in case something happened.. watched a few people get injured was concerned something could happen if the seas were rough

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your review - hope you had a great cruise! Cheers, Anthony.

Thanks Anthony. Although I didn't need I witnessed people with broken arms, legs and wasp stings...heard medical was expensive on the ship. About to purchase insurance for Europe in 3 weeks!

Always need this when travelling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

There was great value in this policy. We didn't make a claim but we had ease of mind knowing it was there if we needed it.would definitely get this again when we travel.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sharon, glad to hear you found Allianz Travel Insurance good value. Regards, Anthony.

1 of 139 pages

Does Allianz travel insurance cover you for any changes that may be made flight wise when the volcano errupts? I am planning on traveling to Bali in October and that is round about the time this seems to happen. What about extra accommodation and funds? Thanks, regards Tracey

Pinky asked on Mar 21, 2017

Answer this

Hi - if you call our customer service line on 131000 they will have this information available at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony

Beware of using allianz if you might need to make a claim. Use another company. Allianz takes your money but will do whatever they can to avoid paying claims

Will I get a policy number before going overseas?

Andy asked on Feb 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Andy - yes you will. As soon as you book online, your policy and policy number will be emailed to you. Regards, Anthony.

You should be more worried about the details of your policy than the policy number mate.

Hi I have taken out travel insurance to Bali using Tigerair but know that all their flights are cancelled for the next six months what happens with my travel insurance. I am still planning to go to Bali using a different airline of course, is it possible that the travel insurance can be transferred? Thanks Jacqeulene Julies 0438855787

Selwyn Julies asked on Feb 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jacqueline - please call our contact centre on 131000 and they will be able to confirm this for you as this information would be at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony.

See all 21 questions about Allianz Travel Insurance