Filter By:

Would use again.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

As we are over 70 y.o. and had pre-existing health issues it was difficult to find a company to insure us. We had no trouble getting coverage with Allianz. The premium was comparable with policies we had had in previous years with companies that would no longer insure us. The policy covered us for everything we needed (we travelled in the U.S.so a high level of cover was required). We did not need to make a claim.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Iulla, glad to hear we were able to provide the coverage you were after. Regards, Anthony.

Our Travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

We use to buy our travel insurance from the travel agent. As time went buy they were getting more and more expensive and really not covered for much. We are getting older and find the amount we are paying for our travel insurance is more than reasonable. I would recommended getting a quote from Allianz for all your insurances.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your review and for recommending us! Cheers, Anthony.

Satisfied all my needs

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

As a technophobe, I found it very easy to set up my Travel Insurance which thankfully I did not need while away,. It was a policy of good value and provided great peace of mind ,

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Barb, thanks for the review, it's appreciated! Cheers, Anthony.

Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

I needed to talk to a rep because I had pre-existing health issues and wanted to make sure I was covered. Your rep was very helpful and I found the process easy.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Del, glad to hear you were happy with our customer service! Cheers, Anthony.

First Class

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Each time I travel I always take out travel insurance with Allianz. I have always found them to provide very comprehensive cover at an affordable rate. Obtaining the policy is also very easy to do and takes no time at all.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Anthony.

Really easy to setup.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

I set this up the night before we flew out and it was easy and quick to do - within 10 mins it was do and this was all done via my phone!

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lori - thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Anthony.

Travel insurance is needed

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Travel insurance is essential when going anywhere overseas. Easy to create policy even with a pre-existing illness. As with most insurance policies, you can't afford to have it but you can't afford not to

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Cover for Bali

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

My policy was very competitive against all others I investigated. The cover was very comprehensive and as I was going to Bali I was happy to find I was covered for scooter riding as long as I, or the person I was riding behind had a valid licence.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Robby, hope you had a great trip to Bali. Thanks for your review. Cheers, Anthony.

Verified Purchase

Can't Go Without It

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

As I have some pre-existing medical conditions I was presently surprised when I was able to complete the medical questionnaire and obtain approval for our travel insurance. The questionnaire was easy to navigate and covered all my conditions. Thankfully did not have to make a claim but have already recommended Allianz to several friends. Great peace of mind when travelling.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Darryl, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony

Thailand Holiday

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Great customer service very easy to set up a new policy, as I am a repeat customer, I was given a small discount on my last policy. Overall peace of mind that we had insurance while we were on holidays, will call again for my next holiday.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mandy, thanks for your feedback, hope you had a great trip to Thailand. Cheers, Anthony.

Peace on mind when travelling

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Easy to set up and travelled with peace of mind. Unable to comment further as no claim made but given the reputation of the company I would be confident that I would receive fair and expeditious treatment.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your review - hope you had a great trip! Cheers, Anthony.

My USA trip

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Customer Support was great and the setting up of the policy was very simple,m but I do consider the policy to be bit expensive. Maybe a returnable percentage would be nice if you do not make a claim. Also consideration that the policy cover rental car insurance as do USA credit cards???

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Paul, thanks for your feedback - I'll pass it on to the team. Cheers, Anthony.

1 of 144 pages

With Bankwest ALLIANZ travel international insurance MC Platinum credit card you don't get a policy number which is also required by APT. My travel agent says I need a policy number which is needed by medical doctors in USA Canada Alaska if I need assistance. Is this true?

Crab asked on May 13, 2017

Answer this

Hi, thanks for your review. The travel insurance available on your credit card is a different product to the third party travel insurance Allianz offers - you will need to contact Bankwest directly to obtain this information. Regards, Anthony.

I have been informed By Bank West my travel insurance is covered by Allianz as I have paid my full travel and air fares by Mastercard. I am travelling to Thailand and am 75 years old with no health problems. Will you confirm this please? Marion Green.

Marion asked on Apr 28, 2017

Answer this

Hi Marion - the insurance on your credit card is a Business to Business product offered by Bankwest and is different to the Business to Consumer 3rd party insurance offered by Allianz Travel Insurance. You will need to confirm directly with Bankwest on this matter. Regards, Anthony.

Marion, be very wary about using Allianz for your insurance. They hate to pay out on genuine claims. They will try every excuse they can come up with not to pay out.

Does Allianz travel insurance cover you for any changes that may be made flight wise when the volcano errupts? I am planning on traveling to Bali in October and that is round about the time this seems to happen. What about extra accommodation and funds? Thanks, regards Tracey

Pinky asked on Mar 21, 2017

Answer this

Hi - if you call our customer service line on 131000 they will have this information available at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony

Beware of using allianz if you might need to make a claim. Use another company. Allianz takes your money but will do whatever they can to avoid paying claims

See all 23 questions about Allianz Travel Insurance