• 2 helpful votes

Dodgy appliance online

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2016

Purchased a sink online on the 3rd May, however while installing our kitchen bench-top stone, our installer noticed the actual length to be slightly more than what is mentioned online on the specification sheet. Called appliance online to advise my issue also suggested that another sink(smaller) is available on their website & that I am happy to swap & pickup the same from their warehouse in Brisbane. However was told NO like you would to a 3 year old. Since the stone installation had to be completed I was forced to go & buy a sink from Bunnin gs.
I called appliance online again was told(phone/email) that if the item is still in its original packaging they will give full refund, so please click photos & send so they could decide. After my photos were received I was told(after being on hold for 30 minutes)Oh the box is open so we cant do a full refund. So I explained to them that it is their standard procedure where the driver who is dropping the item off opens the box to to show the customer that there are no marks/damage etc. It wasn't me who had opened the item. Then I was put onto [name removed] the team leader who too didn't wanted to refund me the invoice amount in full & suggested a store credit.
Appliance online would like me to return the item & charge me $100 for a completely unused/brand new item, which is a complete ripoff & shocks me to the core that how could an Australian Company operate with corporate laws from the Russian empire.

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Hi Mangesh I'm sorry to hear of your experience with our Support team. I believe you were speaking to my colleague in regards to this. It was our understanding that the unit was being returned due... read more »

Great service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2016

Not only was my purchase the best price anywhere but free delivery as well. Prompt communication as soon as order was placed & informative email detailing delivery. Delivery date & time were spot on & delivery guy very friendly. Alround great experience purchasing from Appliances Online. I will not hesitate to purchase from them again & recommend them. Best service. Thanks Appliances Online.

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Best price, prompt delivery, good customer support. Will buy from them again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2016

Chasing up the best price for a Bosch 7kg heat pump dryer https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/7kg-bosch-heat-pump-dryer-wty88700au/ my first port of call were my local appliance stores, who normally are happy to match prices. With less haggling luck than usual, I resorted to buying the dryer from Appliances Online, which came out top on getprice.com.au. By chance, they had it in stock, while my local shops were out of stock.

The free next day delivery sealed the deal for me, beating the "whenever the dryer gets delivered self-pickup" option
(sorry, Retravision) and the price by about $500.

I managed to mistype my phone number, called up the customer service (which appeared to be Australia-based) and had that rectified without trouble.

Delivery happened first thing on the next day, the delivery crew even carted the machine inside and took the packaging with them.

My five stars go to each of price, the online portal and online buying experience, customer service, delivery timeline and service. I obviously can't yet rate warranty claims / returning the machine / dealing with repairs as the machine is new.

Overall happy to recommend this Australian-run family business.

Sydney

First impression really counts

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2016

I bought a freezer about 4 weeks ago and price was cheapest on web plus free delivery and pickup of old freezer at time and date i wanted. Was even able to change date with no hassle. Communication was excellent also.
Would definitely use AOL again .

love my new fridge!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2016

My new Samsung fridge was delivered on time on the day specified. The delivery guys were friendly and installed my new appliance and removed the old one. Great service and easy online ordering!

Awesome After sale customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

Not hesitate to review 5 star for your service. Used to be your air cond customer and now Fridge purchase. I can't believe how promptly and polite you are when cancelling the order for me due to my fault not measure carefully the kitchen area to fit the fridge. Thank you very much!

Melbourne

• 1 review

Terrible Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

I bought a faulty heater from Appliances Online a few weeks ago now and arranged to return it. I was asked if I would like a replacement heater, store credit or a refund. I asked for a refund - it was a very expensive heater, but more to the point, I had waited all day for it to be delivered and decided that it was much better to go to a brick-and-mortar shop. I was told that I would receive a phone call from the driver on the day I had arranged for the heater to be returned, telling me when he would be there to pick up the heater. I received n o call, so I rang Appliances Online again. No return had been scheduled. So, I rescheduled the pick up and spent another day waiting. It was picked up this time.

Now, after over a week, no refund (I had been told it would take up to three days to be processed). I rang Appliances Online again and was told that the relevant department would be emailed and the refund would take up to five business days to process. Now, I receive an email telling me that I have received the money as a store credit, not a refund. I still have not received a refund, but thankfully I know I am protected by Australian consumer law in this.

If you want to have my business, Appliances Online, this is not the way to go about it. In future, I will shop only with a bricks-and-mortar shop.

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Hi ETC I'm so sorry to hear that you have still not received your refund. If you could send me your order details, I will follow up on this today and ensure this is rectified as soon as possible. ... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 1 helpful vote
Send a message

Delivery service really seems to be dropping!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2016

I've used Appliances Online several times in the past few years both in Perth and Sydney and was always really impressed. However, in the last few months I have used them twice and thought that the delivery service was very poor....the most recent example (today): I received a text msg yesterday saying I would get a call between 0630 and 1000 on the day of delivery (today) with an ETA....at 1130 I had to call Appliances Online as I hadn't heard anything, they then called the driver who said he had left a voicemail msg for me, when I pointed o ut this was impossible as I dont have voicemail on my phone I was told 'oh, they would have called then'. I can prove that no one called me....in any case I was then told delivery would be between 1300 and 1500, so I went home and waited, eventually had to leave to attend the meeting I had rescheduled when I found out the delivery time. at 1525 I get a call to say they are at the house! As I couldn't then go back to the house again i was told my options were they could leave the dryer out the front (after I sent a text giving the driver permission to do so) or they could redeliver another day. Unfortunately this means I now won't be able to get my dryer until next week which defeats the purpose of me spending extra $$ to order from AO as I was able to get a cheaper price elsewhere but they couldn't deliver as quickly as AO which is why I chose them. Very disappointing and frustrating experience (similar to the time before too) which will now make me think twice before ordering from them again.

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Hi MG I'm very sorry to hear of your experience with our delivery team. It is certainly not our usual procedure to provide no notice of the delivery window. Our drivers are asked to call you on t... read more »

Thanks for your response, I think it's extremely poor that no one contacted me until they were at the door of my house at 1525. My sales order number is SO01619640. I'm still waiting for someone to call me to arrange delivery....

Hi MG

I will give you a call later today to speak to you about your delivery. My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

God help you if you buy a dud machine!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2016

God help you if you buy a dud machine. I bought a dishwasher which worked twice before it broke down. I then get passed off to the service department of the manufacturer. Two months later I am still waiting for a working dishwasher. I am not available at the drop of a hat to be sitting at home during working hours waiting for technicians to diagnose issues, order parts, return to install them, etc. It would have been nice if someone could have acknowledged the unacceptability of a machine to break down after two uses and prioritise getting my machine fixed or replaced!!!

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Hi evrydayisafreshstart I'm so sorry to hear that you're still waiting for a working dishwasher! I can certainly appreciate how frustrating this must be. If you could provide me with your order ... read more »

Excellent prices and service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2016

Again Appliances Online have done so well. Our old fridge died on the Tuesday morning after Easter. I ordered online Tuesday afternoon a new fridge and it was delivered and setup by 11.30am Wednesday morning and the old one was taken away. Plus it was $100.00 cheaper than the stores.

perth

• 1 review

excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2016

I wanted a particular oven which had to be ordered in for me. It arrived and was installed on the arranged day and time. I am very pleased with the oven, and the friendly helpful staff. If I need any other appliances, I will be buying from Appliances on Line again. Highly recommended.

Birkenhead SA

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer

fantastc service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2016

We ordered and paid for a bosch washing machine at 10.30 last night, it was delivered and installed at 8.30 this morning! They called when they said, arrived when they said installed no probs, took the old machine and all the rubbish away. We are so impressed. Highly recommended.

1 of 51 pages

How long should a refund take to be processed when you cannot supply the goods ordered and paid for? Apparently your mistake and shouldn't have been on your website. I am a concerned Mother.

Joy asked on May 24, 2016

Hi Joy

Refunds can take up to 24-48 hours after processing, depending on your financial institution. If you are waiting on a refund, please contact our team on 1300 000 500 and they will be able to update you on whether it has been processed on our end. Our team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Manisha

Hi I have bought a new apartment and want to Buy quite a few items do you install washing machines and dryers and if I order tv and DVD and theatre system can you set that up. Also when offering how long does it take to receive items? Thanks John. Chelsea Vic

John1969 asked on May 11, 2016

Hi John1969

Appliances Online does install washing machines to existing plumbing and electrical connections - for free!

Installations for dryers, TVs and Home Theatre Systems are also available, but the cost will depend on how the units needs to be installed.

In regards to lead times for receiving goods, if the items you are requesting are in stock in our Victorian warehouse, we are able to provide next day delivery to Chelsea 3196.

For more information on any of this, please feel free to contact our Support team on 1300 000 500 or via email at support@appliancesonline.com.au. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.

Manisha

Hi will like to know about your products...Are they second hand as what I have read on the review columns.The fridge I am thinking of buying which is lggt-442bpl442l top mount fridge is it new with inverter compressor with 10 years parts warranty or second hand?

JESS asked on Mar 22, 2016

Hi Jess

All the appliances at Appliances Online are brand new. We do not sell seconds goods on our website. If you would like more information about our products, please contact our support team on 1300 000 500. They are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They can also be reached at support@appliancesonline.com.au.

See all 21 questions about Appliances Online