• 10 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 75 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Revised rating, following contact from AA

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I found my washing machine with the best price, including delivery and installation and removal of the old machine, at Appliances Online. They offer additional warranty at a fair price.

The delivery occurred when they said it would, although they didn't call with the amount of notice their email says they will give. I was waiting for it anyway, so that didn't matter that much. It might matter to others who are more pressed for time.

The installation was not good. The machine came with a spanner for adjusting and locking the feet, but the
installers threw it away because it was in the machine's packaging. Installation did not include leveling the machine, locking the feet, or putting the supplied grips under the feet. I had to get them back the next day to level the machine -- a nuisance.

The guys who did the work were very pleasant and decent, though; just not as thorough as you want when you're having a 60Kg machine delivered and have no hope of leveling or locking the feet yourself.

Removing the old 60Kg broken machine was very helpful and done at no cost. Watching them put it on the truck with quite a bit of difficulty made it clear that it's not something you can easily do yourself.

Edit: I won't shop with them again. I first published this review on 24 April. It received a comment from AA on 25 April, asking me to contact them at a given email address. I tried to send to that email address from two of my addresses on 25 April but mail just bounced. When I asked for another address, the comment from AA was that the one they had given was correct, try again. Not helpful, and pretty much representative of all my contact with AA -- when I called about the levelling of the machine, the implication of the conversation was that I should fix it (install) myself. Suggesting that someone is too foolish to cut and paste an email address correctly is pretty much indicative of what AA thinks of their customers: we're a stupid nuisance.

Extended warranty RIP OFF

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Two years ago I bought a washing machine and tumble dryer from Appliances online along with the extend warranty

When the washing machine stopped spinning, I notified Appliances online who told me they needed to refer this to "the extended warranty provider" It took 3 weeks and 5 phone calls to get an authorization to send a repairer. 2 weeks later, and 4 phone calls, they sent someone around who said he would report back to appliances online that the machine needed parts and they could decide if it was worth it.

A week and a half and 3
phone calls later, they finally notified me that the spare parts would take another 6 weeks and that if I thought this was too long.

I should contact the extended warranty people myself, two phone calls later, they have said they need another two to five days to assess the quote.

I have been without a machine for 7 weeks and they want me to wait another 6 weeks for a repair. That is nearly 13 weeks, or 3 months without a washing machine. Additionally, it has taken nearly 12 separate phone calls to keep this moving along. My impression is that if I didn't call, nothing would progress at all.

At an average cost of 50 per week at the laundry, that $650 ... I could have bought myself a new machine and saved the extended warranty

My advise is do not buy the extended warranty its a rip off ... they are unable to deliver an acceptable level of customer service in response.

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Hi Jenny,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've had with your washing machine recently. If you'd like to forward your original order details to customerexperience@winning.com.au I would be happy to look into this further.

Kind Regards,

Jay

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Exceptional Company, Prices, Products and Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

This is the third or fourth time I have used AO and bought direct from their website, and they never disappoint. The products are A1, the prices are better than I've found anywhere else, their delivery is super fast and their service is the best in the business. Their delivery guys are super friendly and great at installing the product and removing the old one. I will not go anywhere else to shop electrical. They are consistently outstanding. I recommend them to everyone.

Lara, Victoria

• 13 comments
  • 1 question
  • 10 answers
  • 43 helpful votes

Smooth ordering and delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

After looking at a few retailers I ordered a new washing machine with Appliances Online. I found that the included delivery, connection and removal of old machine (along with any packaging) was a plus and made the purchase very competitive.
As for delivery, I felt very informed. I received a text the day before advising that my order was due for delivery and I'd be contacted between 6:30 and 10:00 on the delivery day. At 7:30 I received a text and an email advising of my 2 hour delivery window with the name of the driver. The guys arrived within the window and were lovely to deal with. Very professional and courteous.
Really happy with the whole process, thanks to Appliances Online.

Good appliances but lousy installation service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I purchased a dishwasher from Appliances Online for my house on the Gold Coast. The item arrived at the designated time but trying to get it installed was another matter altogether. I was told that installations could only occur on Wednesdays so I booked accordingly and was told by Appliances Online that the installer would contact me regarding a time. By mid afternoon I had received no calls so I called Appliances Online and was told that they had contacted the installer and that he would arrive between 3pm and 5pm. Needless to say he didn't s how and after three more calls to Appliances Online was assured "150% sure" that the item would be installed the next day.
Yes, you guessed it! The installer did not show the next day either even after he rang and asked for details of the installation. Finally after several acrimonious phone calls to Appliances Online the unit was finally installed two days later. What a waste of several days sitting at home waiting for someone to show! Appliances Online might find this acceptable but I do not. NOT RECOMMENDED!

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Hi Tim, I'm very sorry to hear of this experience and would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further as it is certainly not how we would usually operate. Feel free to email your order ... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Excellent service fantastic delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

The service was excellent from order to delivery. I changed date's and it wasn't a problem. The delivery guys even unpacked my new oven and took away the old one free.

Disgraceful service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

I was told by [name removed] who is a manager that they had gone above and beyond in their customer service. I was also threatened by [name removed] who would not listen to my side. [name removed] didn't have the correct information but felt it was within who's right to abuse me. When i ordered my machine i asked the agent on the phone to deliver asap, I was later told by [name removed] another manager who also said she was an aunt of appliances online's ceo [name removed] that the agent who took my call forgot to manually enter the delivery da te. [name removed] in his defense said that his company had paid for the install of my machine without notifying me and behaved in a way that this payment was enough to canterract his bullying. I would never in a million years shop with appliances on line again they are rude and dishonest and should I be talking with the ceo's aunt i would expect it to be a bit more professional. [name removed] claimed to be the manager incharge of [name removed] but upon investigation, she is a manager in charge of a different department and not the general manager. If you read the values of this company they're nowhere near the customer's expectation I felt like i was at a football match with ferrals pearl green.

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback, i apologize for the poor service you have received,
If you could Please send your order details through to customerexperience@winning.com.au i can have this looked into
Chris

Ashfield

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent service and legendary delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

A friend recommended Appliances Online to me and I was sceptical of their glowing review. Well I cannot recommend these folks highly enough. Easy purchase (best price by far) and stellar service. The delivery driver contacted me to keep me posted on exact delivery time. Great guys and, despite my challenging stairs, removed my old washed and installed the new one. I just don't know why anyone would bother with the other retailers. Appliances Online ... you have won a loyal customer and I will recommend everyone I know to buy from you.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Wattle Grove, Western Australia

• 1 answer

Fantastic Deal!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Had a Simpson 5Kg dryer for more than 15 years. We sort the Simpson 6Kg dryer for $517, delivered with collection of the old appliance, as we tagged this option. We didn't need to use our trailer at all! The Simpson 6Kg dryer has the same auto reverse tumble drying function to prevent clothes entanglement. We are happy with our new dryer and the service of Appliancesonline! The nearest and closest national competitor was $499 pick up, plus $69 Delivery, Totalling $568. Appliancesonline wins hands down! We have also purchased ovens, Home Theatre Systems and Televisions through Appliancesonline, with pleasing results! Thoroughly recommend Appliancesonline!

Good prices - hideous customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Appliances online offers excellent prices. However - their promise to - quoting from their website 'For your convenience, if your delivery is being made on one of our trucks, your driver will contact you on the morning of delivery before 10am with an approximate 2-hour delivery window, and again 1 hour before the delivery takes place' is not true. I live in inner city Sydney - and purchased the washing machine I did based on this - so that I could have a window of time I could leave work and come back to the apartment and receive the delivery. This is not the case. I was called by a driver saying 'we are here now - where are you'. at 8.10am. I was given no window - and when calling their customer service centre - I was told ' this part of the website is being updated'. Astonishing. So what Appliances Online says on their website cannot be taken as true - their drivers are horribly rude - they redelivered the next day and treated me as the enemy. All I asked for was what they advertised on their website - nothing more. I would not recommend them at all - both their drivers and their customer service centre are horribly rude and treat you as if you have done something wrong for ordering from them - and honouring what they say on their website is somehow onerous. Never again.

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Hi Tom,
My apologies for your negative experience with appliances online, If you could please forward your order details through to customerexperience@winning.com.au i will look into this for you,

Chris

Panasonic Washing Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Great price Courteous and friendly sales staff and helpful installers Great washer too Will only shop like this in the future

Dural

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

How buying should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

This is a review of Appliance Online only and not the washing machine that I bought, that's too new to review.
Old washing machine went bust on Tuesday, bought what I wanted at a good price, delivered next day by 8am after an email and a phone call was made informing me of the delivery. The guys were quick installing my new washing machine then took away my old one. Very professional. I know those things are offered on their website but to actually have it is great and what other companies should emulate.

1 of 71 pages

I am looking at buying a Fisher and paykel fridge model no R522BRXPX6 I wonder have you any in stock and when can it be delivered. I am in Perth. Cheers Matt

Matt asked on Feb 03, 2017

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately there is no stock in Perth currently, however, Fisher and Paykel do have them available so generally if you were to place a new order, one should be available for delivery within 7-10 business days (sometimes depending on your suburb).

Please do not hesitate to call us on 1300 000 500 if you have any further questions.

Have a great day!

Jay

Hi. I would like to order a Samsung Fridge model SRL457MW. Do you have these in stock at the moment?

Stewie Griff asked on Jan 10, 2017

Hi Stewie,

This model is currently in stock in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne. Please feel welcome to call us on 1300 000 500 for any questions.

Kind Regards,

Jay.

I have a technician coming to look at my fridge tomorrow but I think I'll be up for a new one. How soon could I get a RF522ADW5 (Boronia, Vic)?

Natalie J asked on Dec 29, 2016

Hi Natalie J

Unfortunately, at the time of this message, we do not have any RF522ADW5 in stock in our Victorian warehouse. If you would like to consider an alternative fridge that is in stock, we can deliver it to you tomorrow, 31 January or Tuesday 3 January.

If you would like more details regarding this, please contact our team on 1300 000 500.

Kind Regards

Manisha

Hi Natalie, I purchased a new washing machine through Appliances On Line. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I researched and read reviews for pretty well much every washing machine on the market. Fisher and Pykal came up as the best and fortunately Appliances On Line had the model I wanted in their warehouse in Adelaide and it was delivered 2 days after I ordered it and they delivered, installed and removed the old unit FOR FREE. Perhaps if you read some reviews of other fridges - you might be surprised, like I was, of others reports. Hope this helps. Angela

See all 38 questions about Appliances Online