Worst service - do not use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

My item got delivered to their warehouse on the 8th of this month - 12 days later and still no sign of the item and aus post says there is nothing they can do. No phone between Aus and USA.
Use a company that knows what they are doing as Aus Post has zero idea!!! Terrible service

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sarah,

I'd be happy to take a look at this and see if I can find out what's happening - have you got a case number from when you've contacted us?

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Customer service is appalling, no direct communication between customer and USA base warehouse.
I had to have a parcel redirected as too big (larger than 1 metre) and I paid for the redirection 5 weeks ago and no one can tell me whether it has left the USA warehouse.
Look elsewhere these guys do not know what they are doing.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Peter B,

This isn't good to hear. I'd be happy to check up on the status if you can please let me know what your case number is.

09442518 is the latest number
Parcel now moving but should have left Portland 5 weeks ago
I was in Dallas Texas last week and could have collected the parcel but will now have to pay shipping costs which I believe shopmate should pay

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Excessive shipping charge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

Your shipping charges are excessive and extortionate. Bye bye AusMate, I won't be back unless you reduce your shipping rates. No wonder you can pay your CEO $5.5 million.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mick,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We always recommend checking out of rate estimations here http://auspo.st/1En0OlH to get an idea of costs.

Roxy

Fantastic response AusPost, annoy the Customer even more.

Excellent Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Michelle,

Thanks for sharing this, and definitely reach out if you need anything from here with your parcel.

Roxy

Well I picked up my product Today. Perfect, communication from when my product landed in Australia was 100% So all in all perfect service considering i made some errors my end. I run a medium siz... read more »

Also just a quick note. The tool we purchased was $2000.00 worth $5000.00 in Australia so very happy that We engaged with Shopmate. Trusted service 100% Cannot discredit in any way shape or form.... read more »

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Ridiculous postage charges and no choice but to pay to get items you have bought

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Bought via Shopmate to use a discount code for PBTeen - shipping ended up being four times the cost of the site directly. Very very disappointing. Will not use again. Thought this would be a reputable option as Australia Post.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi CedarCreek,

• 5 helpful votes

Very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2017

I used shopmate recently to deliver something from US and couldn't have been happier with Shopemate delivery. A few friends of mine told me that they noticed bad feed back about them ( Partly the reason why I wanted to share the good experience ). I took the leap of faith and ordered something from Amazon worth around a AU$1000. The status got updated the moment it arrived in their warehouse. Dispatched perfectly and Shopmate kept me informed all the way.

Giving 4 stars because there was just one glitch. While the package was with customs,
i was requested for an invoice for the details. I sent the invoice the same day and there was a silence of 5 days from Shopmate about the status. After giving them a call, they realized that they already had it and then restarted the process again. After which everything went smoothly.

I think I can live with a little followup myself as long as i'm saving as much money as I did. Would definitely use them though there are areas of improvement.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Nomi,

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, glad to hear it :)

• 2 comments

God awful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

This service is an absolute joke.. Not only do they overcharge, they cannot combine items in a single box and ship as one item. I have also had an item claimed to be either dangerous or damaged.. Which it is neither! Not only is my item sold here in Australia they are holding onto it because of what they assume it will be used for.. If you end up buying a knife and using shopmate, Watch Out! "Knifes can be used for murder so we wont ship your item".. Just because what it can be used for doesn't mean that everyone uses it that way.. I'm also hig hly disappointed in that I have actually never received a reply stating that they have gotten the request MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) information and that It has been passed onto the correct people.. Absolutely appalled with the service.. Will never use this service again after I'm finished.. Case Number; 10170616 if someone from the company actually decides to do something..

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Joel,

As I mentioned to you via private message, we have passed this on for review already and are just awaiting the results. If you haven't heard anything by later this afternoon, let me know and I'll follow up for you.

Roxy

Dear Roxy. I did not hear anything yesterday, and apparently the review process has not even started.. As I will mention below. UPDATE; I was in contact with Australia Post last week early in the m... read more »

I am still yet to hear anything from Shopmate regarding my package and having it reviewed.. It now looks like I wont be receiving my packages until next month.

• 8 comments

Frustrating and timewasting experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

Waiting to receive parcel. I needed to redirect it to another USA international parcel shipping service as shopmate do not ship perfume. Other companies do have the facility to ship perfume (which is classified as 'dangerous goods'). I gave shipmate an alternate shipping address - shopmate tells me i need to action the redirect for it to occur but i cannot perform any actions / payments on the site. parcel appears stuck. my original case had been closed. new case numbers generated every time i try to find out the status of the event. original a us post phone service was friendly and helpful but ultimately my parcel still seems to be sitting in no mans land. i used a different us parcel shipping service in the past and wish i had stayed with them. Too many calls, emails, confusion and still i seem no closer to getting my parcel sorted. wish i had read the reviews first.
Update : despite different areas attepting to help me my parcel is still stuck and apparently waiting for someone in the warehouse to update the website and please call back next week if nothing happens. Sounds legit!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi GO46,

Hmm, I'd be happy to take a look at this for you, can I have your original case number please?

Thanks Roxy my case is 10067058

Thanks Roxy my case is 10067058

Camden

• 8 helpful votes

Worked perfectly for me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Purchased some relatively heavy but compact items from a US Ebay seller. Received notice from Shopmate within days that it had arrived, with a reasonable and expected shipping charge to forward on to Australia. Arrived in approx 2 weeks from start to finish. I think its mainly those that dont understand volume weight that are feeling ripped off. Would use this service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cornetto,

Thanks heaps for your feedback :) Enjoy your purchases!

Stolen Card Details After Use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

So expensive and straight after my purchase through their non secure checkout my card details were stolen!!! I am now dealing with the bank in trying to get my money back. Absolutely ridiculous you have to pay online without your details being safe. Appalling service to customers in this darn age!

Happy One Month Birthday..

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2017

If anything I am really disappointed by the amount of times I need to call and email with little feedback, and if there is feedback, it takes at least a week.

It took one week after receipt of my package to be processed into the shopmate system. It took close to two weeks of escalations via calls and email to have someone in shopmate respond to me to release a 'high value' package.

The package landed in Australia shortly a few days later and I had received a prompt email the day after it landed on the 2-Feb-2017 that customs is holding my
good and requested for my invoice - which I provided the same day. I expect that customs will charge me the appropriate tax and processing fees but this is very frustrating of the lack of response and considering the end to end time has been a month in the workings..

Relating to Case# 09573307, I'd like to share with everyone that AusPost customer support (through Product Review) helped to escalate and release the paperwork directly to customs themselves - a week later Customs finally cleared the product much to my joy.

I wished it didn't take as many follow ups but persistence does pay off, and a lot of patience.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi VirIIx,

I apologise for the experience you had, but I'm glad we were able to resolve it for you.

Brisbane

Do not use Shopmate - Absolutely rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

Please read the reviews. What everyone has written is true. I wish I never used them - a waste of your money.

Shopmate's communication is slow and they did not try to understand the product I asked them to send, even though the merchant sent through all requested documentation. They told me they could not send through some of my items because they were dangerous goods, so they went back to the merchant who then posted them to me within a week and the items arrived in Australia with no problems. The items Shopmate did send through arrived in
a box too large so the bottles were rolling around (no protective packaging provided) and none of the instructions or samples that are usually provided were in there. It took 3 MONTHS of discussion to get to this point.

You can only email AusPost customer service to get any help with issues, no direct responses from the overseas depot. Shopmates website is rubbish, it gives you little/no information. I will never use them again and if I could give a ZERO rating I would!!! Don't waste your time and money on this terrible service by AusPost. Shame on you AusPost, I was willing to give an Australian company a go. Total rubbish.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Ange,

It's really disappointing that this has been your experience with ShopMate. It should definitely be easier than this.

Have you received your parcel now? If you need help, let me know your case number.

Steph.

Yes I have received my parcel now and there were no problems for the courier service that the merchant used. So it clearly shows that the people at the US depot didn't know what they were doing. I... read more »

Australia Post Official

Glad to hear you've got this one now Angela.

I appreciate where you're coming from and that it wasn't the smoothest process in getting this cleared but no compensation is available in this instance.

1 of 34 pages

Hi can you please tell me what this means? Package on hold Your package is on hold awaiting our further operations from us. Kindly email our Customer Contact Centre at ShopMate@auspost.com.au for further instructions. Thanks

LizM71 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Hi LizM71,

I'd recommend sending a quick email to that address so you can get assistance :)

Roxy

I have four parcels coming from Portland Oregon and I just wanted to know what would it mean if I deselected the 'Packaging included' button on all 4 orders?

Jarmmammone asked on Mar 09, 2017

Hi Jarmmammone,

I'm not too sure what you mean; do you want us to repack your orders for you? We won't send them all together as one item and there may be a fee for this.

You can contact our ShopMate customer contact centre on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support or email us at shopmate@auspost.com.au.

Roxy

Hi there, could you please the estimate date for the package RT358037197HK? Thank you very much. Daisy

daisy xu asked on Mar 09, 2017

Hi Daisy,

Article RT358037197HK arrived in Australia on the 20th but has no further scans. I would recommend the sender contact their local postal authority to raise an enquiry, and they will in turn liaise with Aus Post to determine what's happening.

For further information, you can contact us via the one of following methods with your tracking number:

- Facebook: facebook.com/australiapost