Verified Purchase

Excellent as always!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Have now completed a number of transactions with Shopmate and not had any issues. The concept is great and I hope AP continue this service as all of the items I've shipped have not been available in Australia and in all cases the vendor refused to ship, even using my DHL or FedEx accounts. I've not reviewed before but in order to bring some balance, I'd like people to know there are very happy Shopmate customers out there too!

Can't process any of my cards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I have tried over the last several days to log in and process my payment. The parcel is waiting at the warehouse in America and Shopmate's website doesn't work! How am I meant to get my stuff? I have tried Australian credit cards (I have 2), Australian debit mastercards, American credit cards (I have 3!) and none of them work in your stupid system. This is ridiculous. I emailed you with zero response. Now I have to call during business hours when I'm working to sort your junk out. You're holding my stuff hostage. Not happy Shopmate.

Packages always get opened by US warehouse

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

It says on the website that from the US it'll be 5-8 days to get to Australia. I find that it is closer to 8 days than 5. My real concern is that they open all my packages and then tape them up again. I don't understand why that is necessary. I think on their website it says that if the box is big and it seems like there is only a small thing inside, they may re-package for a few and without consultation (which also doesn't sit right with me). Bu they have opened my bagged parcels that are stuffed full. I feel like my privacy has been violated and I really don't like it at all.

Worst Company Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Tracking system does not provide any helpful information at all!It takes 15days to clear the customs and 10days for it to be delivered in Australia. Slow and Stupid What a joke!

Mllthorpe

• 2 comments
Private message

Lazy, expensive, yes and stupid too.

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Tracking information! "Your parcel is on its way." "Your parcel is at an Australiapost facility" That's not tracking information. It's fluff! And it's utterly useless to anyone who wants to know why their parcel hasn't arrived after weeks of transit. Then there's the cost. Is twenty seven dollars okay? ... to ship a parcel, envelope size, weighing three grams, from Australiapost's dispatch centre in Portland to NSW. Or is it a scam masquerading as a public service?

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Christy, Our tracking information shows updates from key points within the delivery process but regrettably isn't backed by a live GPS service, so there is usually only a few updates available.... read more »

American Address have now been listed on many sites as an item being shipped to Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Amazon and other places now know about the Oregon Warehouse and reject order as it knows it is coming to Australia.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this.

Roxy

Could not even set up a account

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Tried to set up a acct fail, 3 hours of telephone calls roundabouts and waiting. Still waiting for the problem to be fixed painfully slow and unnecessary

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear this Alby. Were you given a case number that I could take a look at please?

Exactly as described

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Ordered a phone from an online store which only delivered to the US. Aus post notified me when they received it, and allowing for a couple days delay due to some storms in the US, it was delivered to me in Aus very promptly!
Well worth the money.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Ordered some wine they destroyed it and could not provide proof of destruction

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

I ordered some wine and was not aware it is on their prohibited items list, and rather than letting me know or providing an alternative option for delivery they (Apparently) destroyed it. More likely someone in the U.S. is sitting back at home enjoying the $200.00 worth of wine I purchased.
They did not even have the courtesy to advise me it was being destroyed and when questioned could not provide me with proof of destruction.
Complaint made to the Ombudsman.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Angry1,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I apologise this one didn't work out how you anticipated.
If approached by the Ombudsman, we will work with them as required to resolve this one.

SYDNEY

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Absolute Joke! Can't even set up an account properly, I would never trust them to deliver

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I set up a ShopMate account three days. Activated it immediately. Went to order an item today, then found out my account had been cancelled as, they said, I hadn't activated it yet. Called up Australia Post. Nobody, even them, can call ShopMate, so Anita sent an email and advised me that I should hear from them shortly. Two hours later I spoke with Supervisor Rhys. He checked, told me that after my earlier call the wrong information had been forwarded to the wrong department and that it could take one or two BUSINESS DAYS for ShopMate to get around to my case. As I said, no way of contacting them by phone is available, either to me or even to other Australia Post employees.

In summary, ShopMate randomly cancelled my account, nobody within Australia Post can help, and it is likely to take one or two business days for them to fix up their own mistake.

If this is how competent - or otherwise - they are even before I've used their services, I may well have had a very lucky escape!!

PLEASE CONSIDER CAREFULLY IF THIS PRODUCT IS RIGHT FOR YOU.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JD - Sydney,

This doesn't sound right at all. Were you given a case number I could take a look at?

For future reference, ShopMate can be contacted by phone on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday.

Roxy

I have given a factual account of what happened and what I was told. I have not exaggerated. I was not given a case number, perhaps because I told Rhys I had no confidence in ShopMate's ability t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

lost package, no contact etc

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi kelly,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you're still having trouble with this one, please give our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475.

• 2 comments
  • 22 helpful votes
Private message

Goods were delivered to Shop mate - and went into a black hole.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

- Shopmate lost track of an entire shipment (due 17-20th April)
- Shopmate do not investigate lost shipments until customers lodge enquiries - even though an entire shipment had dropped off the radar for 10 days
- Whilst my goods were insured - refunds are paid in MONEY ORDER - not a refund on your card
- Repeated requests for management to call went unanswered

Costs to ship from US are actually greater than courier costs from US (with priority shipping courier)

Expensive