Model: 10P Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Buyer be aware all made in China

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Yet to find out how these hot water heaters measure up... thought they were made in Australia as before under licence. Australian made lasted twenty years plus...and very reliable... the outside packaging very misleading mentioning Germany and Gb Technologies... nowhere on the outside packaging does it say made in China... you have to look on the inside compliance plate to find this out. Not even on the Bosch website does it mention where they are made... Buyer be aware you are not buying a German product even the insides look very different than past models...

Perth

Model: 16P Date Purchased: Jan 2012

Very Disappointed Mr Bosch!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

There is no doubting that my Bosch hot water system produces plenty of hot water. (Our system has the gas pilot light for ignition)...BUT...it is terrible for showers. If the hot water requirement were for a kitchen or laundry or even multiple users at the same time it would be ok but for just one user trying to have a shower it is very disappointing. The hot water is so hot and strong that even though we have had it turned down as low as possible, it still needs cold water. No matter how you try and balance it, to get it to a pleasant temp erature and not scald yourself, the volume of cold water required soon overrides the volume of hot coming through and turns the hot off so you alternate between being scalded or being frozen. The high volume of hot and cold together to keep it even still results in anything but a relaxing shower - it is like being blasted by a very hot Niagara Falls. The only way I have been able to over come the problem is to have the hot water tap running down the drain in the hand basin at the same time as I have a shower. This provides the volume needed for the hot to not cut out when cold is added. After all the money spent on this system, getting metres of copper pipe to it so it would be closer to the bathrooms, having the experts out to look at it, it has been a total and expensive disappointment. My daughter has the same system at her new apartment and I knew as soon as I stepped in the shower that it must be a Bosch so checked and was correct. If Bosch don't improve their game, they will lose their name.

Don't buy one

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2016

This is the first time I have felt strongly enough to write a review to help others. After another visit by the after hours plumber -

This is my second bosch of this type. Both have had the same issues starting in the first 12 months. Regularly not having hotwater is not nice. The parts don't last long, the pilot light goes out, the buttons get stuck so you cannot operate the unit, hotwater takes a long time to come through and the water cycles through hot and cold - even with the water saver removed in the shower head (they say it causes the hot cold cycling), wd40 to get the off button to unstick. The plumber had to really talk me into the replacing the last bosch with the current 10P and I hate to think what it has cost me.

Model: 10P

Good product, cheap and reliable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2016

we have two models the 10P and the 16P they lasted about 12 years each and we have replaced them with the same products. The heaters are located directly outside where they are need and the hot water flows almost instantaneously. no power connection required, so you have hot water when there is a power cut. my only criticism is that they quite deep and stick out from the wall - could be wider and less protruding. effective reliable and good value.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bosch Official

Hi Davida,

Our team at Bosch appreciate the time you have taken to post your about your positive experience of our products.

We hope you continue to enjoy many years of hot water!

Kind Regards,

The Bosch Hot Water & Heating Team

Perth

Terrible Hot Water System

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2015

This hot water system is simply terrible. It always takes an eternity for the hot water to come through the taps. In my shower it is difficult to mix the hot and the cold reliably, the basin tap won't mix hot and cold at all and the same with my kitchen taps. It provides really hot water when the hot water does come through, however it is almost impossible to mix the hot and cold to get a warm temperature, when you add the cold the temperature of the water becomes cold and there is no warmth in the water. I don't know what to do about this problem. Gone are the days where I could just enjoy a shower.

• 2 helpful votes

Poor product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2015

The idea of hot water on demand is a good one, if that is what you get. You're not going to get a great flow from this product but it is adequate when it works. The main issue with the Bosch 10p is the pilot light keeps going out and won't stay lit. The initial signs are 1) it goes out 2) you have to hold the pilot light button down for several minutes, not 10 seconds to reignite it 3) then it won't be too far down the track that you can expect the pilot light to just not stay on at all no matter how long you hold down the button. We have found out it is the thermocouple, it has a very short life, we seem to be replacing ours 1 to 2 times a year, very annoying.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bosch Official

Hi Lioenix Gr, Our team at Bosch are disappointed to hear you are not getting the best performance out of our Bosch 10P model. We would like to discuss the issues you are experiencing in further ... read more »

perth

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

ooops

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2014

It's with heavy heart that I admit that I was wrong after calling the Bosch recommended number I was told that the cost of a service/diaphram replacement would only cost $190 after being quoted $300/$400 by local plumbers who seemed more interested in trying to sell me a new one ,so thanks Bosch ,so I would say google your local Bosch service centre ,you will probably find it is actually cheaper believe it or not ,the tech also recommended having this done about every 2/4 years and the system will prove to be a good buy .

Comments
Bosch Official

Hi Cold,

Thank you for your positive feedback of our Bosch service agent network.

We hope you continue to enjoy many years of hot water!

Kind Regards,

The Bosch Hot Water & Heating Team

Perth WA

• 4 answers

Bosch 10 P water heater

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2014

I've had this a year now. I gave up using it to wash up, and just boil a kettle - it's less hassle. Showers are still a problem - it's easier to run a bath.

When I changed over the gas bottle, I could still cook with gas, but had no hot water. Cost me $110 for a plumber to fix. He has shown me what to do next time, but it shouldn't happen.

Basically, Bosch has made a product that just does not work well with bottled gas. It's OK with town gas, but otherwise too many problems.

Huge waste of money for me.

Jan

+ Fairly inexpensive

- See above

Comments
Bosch Official

Hi Jan, Bosch prides itself on selling only high quality products and we are always disappointed when a customer is dissatisfied with the performance of one of our water heaters. Any ongoing is... read more »

Hi Jan,

We are on a farm and have a two bottle (1 in use and other spare) system. Never a problem with hot water not working while gas stove works. Would you please post what happens next.

Perth WA

• 11 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Trust Bosch???

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2013

Six months ago I took the time and trouble to give Bosch my earlier Thumbs Up review thingy here.
Look, what I really had in mind back then, was to approach Bosch and ask them to magic up a good price on the replacement unit.
Well Fair's fair hey! Yep, always reckoned one good turn deserves another.
So ... having given 'em a decent report here, went over to their website and filled in their stoopid online enquiry form with all the details.
Their reply?
Zilch.
Totally ignored. Not a whisper!
Ok. So, benefit of doubt, 2 weeks later (assu
ming lost in transit maybe?) I wrote off again. Same story; More urgent now, Told em 3 buckets needed, water gushing out all over the place and emptying the buckets daily...
Price Please?
Their response? Zilch. Again Nada!
Thanks Botch.org
Now we know exackly what to do !
You lose !!!
And anyway, a Rinnai system's more favoured by the plumber.
On Rinnai online prices are competitive .
Just about to put my order in and ... crikey -
The old Bosch Stops leaking.
Completely! Just Like That!?!! No reason. No servicing...
Didn't even take the cover off to check it out.

Another 4 months have gone by.
Not a single droplet to be seen anywhere. Amazing!
Weird huh?
So shoppers - Who would you buy Your next HWS from?
Hey Mr B (you're supposed to be reading these posts) ... Anything To Say?

Comments
Bosch Official

Hi Gorbigobbles, Firstly, our sincere apologies that your email to us went unanswered. Please rest assured that we treat all feedback, comments and enquiries with the utmost importance. We are g... read more »

Queensland

• 4 comments
  • 14 helpful votes

Model: 10P

Isn't it nice when it just works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2012

I read many reviews for a replacement gas hot water heater and comments were all over the shop. This is one time when I made the right decision. I was pressured quite heavily by sales to migrate to the zero pilot systems. We have both pump assisted or gravity fed tank water and I was concerned there would be enough pressure to turn the pilot on. I was also considerate my bbq takes a few prods. So I went with the Bosch 10P. After I bought it and installed it, I was told by 2 independent installers that the zero (on demand) pilot systems were a headache for many and they were getting many calls and THEY told me I had right a wise choice. I have never had a problem with the 10p. Excellent unit - built to last.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Thanks Kelvin...makes "Good horse sense"....you are a horse, aren't you?

Product Review applied the horse icon to my ID. They must like 'horsing' around. :)

Product Review has become useless. I recently met up with an old friend who makes his living out of selling services to companies to write reviews. I think with all the over the moon wow messa... read more »

16P

I couldn't restart my Bosch 16P so I pushed the Stop button in and I need to know how to relase the stop button please.

Dianne Thomas asked on Jan 22, 2017

Answer this

Had this same problem with my 16P just a short while ago. Was frantically trying to restart pilot but the off button I pressed by mistake would not pop up again Rang up their help line but the lady said nothing can be done but should call the plumber. Was about to call plumber but in meantime read a useful reply from a guy who said he sprayed WD 40 and just depressed a few times and off button popped up again. In my case the off button popped up again when I depressed the pilot light button. Saved me frustration and probably about $100 for plumber to come round. Bosch products are excellent as this unit is 6 years old and has been trouble free. The attitude of their service and management however is another matter altogether. Hope this advice helps someone.

How do i ignite please

Lee asked on Jan 13, 2017

16P

Hi, I have a Bosch 16P and the pilot goes out all the time. It has gotten worse. Is there anything you recommend or is it is time to replace a new hot water system?

Lauren asked on Jan 01, 2017

Answer this

Hi Lauren,
Sorry, but beyond my knowledge. Google 'Bosch' in your area and they are bound to have an authorised technician who could give proper advice.

See all 17 questions about Bosch Pilot Ignition

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

10P 16P
Price (RRP) $755 $905
Energy Rating 4.3 4.3

The main difference between these models is capacity