Filter By:

Direct Debit Dogs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Direct debit values changed month to month with no communication. Permiums taken multiple times and not refunded. A change to advanced payments not communicated and monies not refunded. Hold times of around 1--15 minutes. Documents and payment details not available online. Do not use.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi JDickson, I am sorry to hear this. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that I can investigate. Thanks.

So thankful I signed up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

Was so thankful for pet insurance that my dog was covered when he got very sick, I was so relived that I wasn't out of pocket for a large sum of money as I'm currently not working, it really helped take some of the stress away from my pup being sick

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

After negative review case revisited and claim approved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

Originally made a claim with Bow Wow in regards to dog swallowing foreign object. Claim was denied as swallowing a foreign object is deemed as a condition / illness (nothing changed it still is so please be aware). After claim denial, got in touch with Bow Wow with feedback on their policy and our situation. After the case was escalated to the next level, case was reviewed more thoroughly and claim was approved due to the object causing an external laceration which is counted as an accident. Received a phone call straight away notifying me of t he approval and money was paid into my account within 3 business days. Good to see claims can be followed up on for a re-review after the fact and the fast approval and pay out is a refreshing change from most insurance. I understand the need for a front line team to quicken claim responses however a bit more thorough in going through the vet notes etc would be nice.

Would recommend to friends and others.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Excellent coverage and speedy refund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

The policy is good value and was very easy to set up. Customer service was very helpful as well. I've made some claims and have been very happy with the refunds provided by Bow Wow Meow. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this insurance for pet lovers.

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Thankyou for putting in the effort for friendliness very polite when I don't understand it is explained well, didn't belittle me Always helpful when I call. Keep up the good work!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Seashells. This is good to hear.

Warnbro, Western Australia

Definately need pet insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

I'm generally happy with the insurance.
Policy was easy enough to set it up if I can do it anyone can.
The customer support I've had some trying times trying to get my point across when the person on the other end isn't good with the english language.

Insurance claim made

Extremely slow to pay claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Despite a pre-authorisation agreement well prior to my dog's orthopaedic surgery (total hip replacement) on 5 May 2017, the payment of the claim which was lodged immediately after the surgery date took three and a half weeks to come through on 29 May 2017. Why such a delay?! No explanation given.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Juanita, this is disappointing. Claims are normally paid with 5-10 days of receipt of all requested documentation. I would be happy to look into this for you (please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwwow.com.au).

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Always good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Yes good value, have had bow wow meow ins for sometime now and was straight forward when setting up for both of our dogs

Only thing now is the portal is great however when more documentation was needed in our case, this request came via a letter in the post rather than via the portal or email which seems to negate the efficiency of submitting everything on line and caused delays etc.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback Lucia. We definitely agree here. We are currently improving our systems so that communications will be sent electronically in the near future (likely to go live towards the end of the yr).

Insurance claim made

Poor communication and no compassion

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

My dog went in for surgery for breathing issues and a problem for urinary tract infections. Going under once for both issues. Bow wow decided that they were classified as all separate operations even though she only went under once but charged for three operations therefore making it $500 excess for each. So charged $1500 excess! What a joke! would never recommend. I tried to contact them about it several times however I was handballed to numerous people who couldn't explain why. Didn't reimburse or care. Wouldn't recommend at all.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi julesc73, it sounded like there were 3 different conditions? The excess is a per condition excess and it looks like you have the highest allowable excess our policies offer. If you would like fu... read more »

Excellent Pet Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

After having a dog that required chemotherapy and struggling with the long term costs of providing the necessary treatment. I decided to invest in pet insurance and set about thoroughly studying the various pet insurance providers. After a long and complicated study I decided on Bow Wow.
I am totally pleased with my choice. My second dog, Cassie, recently had a lump removed from her jaw and upper chest area.The jaw lump was a sarcoma and the required treatment was radiotherapy.
ARH submitted the claim and all related documentation, no form
s to fill out. The process was smooth and simple, just like submitting a Medicare claim.
I was very pleased to have received a total of $11,300 reimbursed. The safety net provided by Bow Wow has just increased my satisfaction with the insurer. My other three (3) pets are also insured with Bow Wow. Would not hesitate recommending them to my friends; which I have done.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Jules, we are pleased that we were able to provide your pet with the best available treatment. Thank you for the review.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

It's a must have.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2017

We are very happy with Bow Wow Meow for our pet insurance.
There was nothing complicated about getting the insurance going and we really haven't had any problems with our dogs for the first number of years but just recently one of our dogs needed medical attention, we sure were glad that we had pet insurance. The one time we had to go as far as calling Bow Wow Meow they were very easy to deal with.
It really is what we dream about with our own health insurance when it comes to the ease making a claim, price and not to mention the amount of money returned on a claim.
I personally have recommended this business to all my family and friends without hesitation, It's a MUST HAVE.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Brad. Glad we could be a genuine help to you and your pets.

Numurkah

• 1 comment

Insurance claim made

Disappointed that even a Vets opinion can be dismissed by Bow Wow Meow.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Our claim after our Cats surgery that resulted in removal of part of his lung, was rejected.
We sought further advise from our vet who wrote a letter outlining why he knew the surgery was required after accidental inhalation of a grass seed caused part of the lung to die and become septic.
Bow Wow Meow reviewed and still rejected citing the narrow range of accidental circumstances they publish.
Not surprised that they are trying to weasel out of paying, it's what insurance companies do as a default position.
We will escalate this to an external authority and reinsure our five cats elsewhere.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Pursya, it sounds like you have an Accident Only policy. The range of cover here is fairly narrow compared to an Accident & Illness policy (as per our Product Disclosure Statement) and this is r... read more »

Already reviewed. I assumed that accident meant accident. So my cat inhaled a grass seed and almost died. No sickness involved and as my vet said, it's not like he went out and looked for the seed ... read more »

1 of 76 pages

Is it normal to have an increase in premiums every renewal even if I never had any claims?

Dan asked on Jun 24, 2017

Answer this

Hi Dan, premiums generally increase with the age of the pet (the older the pet the higher the risk of illness occurring). However, size of the increase may vary depending on the age, breed and increased cost of vet care (vet inflation).

Hi there. We have 10 week old Maltese X puppy. He had a checkup during his visit to vet last week. Perfect health. In regards to the crucial ligament 6 month wait etc would he be waivered ? If so do we need a letter from vet? If/when you've made a claim and been paid does your premium payment then go up? Kind regards Linda

Linda asked on Jun 19, 2017

Answer this

Hi Linda, in order to get the 6 month cruciate ligament waiting period waived, we would require your vet to sign off on the cruciate ligament form. This form can be found here: https://bowwowinsurance.com.au/forms-brochures. The premiums are risk rated which means, it depends on the breed, age, postcode and a few other variables. Sometimes premium will remain the same and other times they will increase (depending on the age pf pet).

Are Dental problems covered and if so by how much?

Stuart asked on Jun 11, 2017

Answer this

Hi Stuart, we do not have dental cover on our policies. We only have limited cover for annual teeth cleaning through our routine care cover. We are looking at including a dental cover option down the track, however, I am not sure when this will occur and how much premiums will increase due to the added cover.

See all 110 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance