Filter By:

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

account has been cancel

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

I would give them a 0 if I could now I have cancel my account and they have still taken this month out and when I asked for a refund was told they will keep taking money out of my account and if it stops then it will affect my credit rating are these people real I had all sorts of problems with my claim just a nightmare after months they paid half my bill my vet bill was $2859.19 and they paid $1401 which was a joke not 80 per cent like they promised not even 50 per cent I have had enough of pet insurance someone said the other day you are better off having a bank account for your pet and that's what I am going to do.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Kev, we do cover 80% of eligible vet bills less the excess you have chosen. I am not sure what policy you have chosen or the details of your claim, however, I would be happy to investigate this ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Misleading phone information!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

I made two phone calls to make sure Danger was covered. In both phone calls I was told Danger is cover and you will receive 80% less excess. I was never told of the sub limit. Following up on this I asked to listen to the phone conversation. I am still waiting to hear back!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi David, I believe you are referring to the 20% co-payment? The 80% cover is definitely stipulated on our brochures, Product Disclosure Statements (PDS') and on our websites so I am not sure where... read more »

Sydney

• 1 question

Insurance claim made

Thanful to have pet insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

I found Bow Wow Meow insurance to be very good value. Our puppy has had a tough start with a green stock fracture and then most recently hip dysplasia. Whilst still some considerable out of pocket expenses, I am super thankful and glad that I had this pet insurance. Bow Wow Meow have been prompt and easy to deal with. Thankyou

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you Jeff. We are glad we could assist.

Everything was easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

When our little pup Frankie broke his leg falling out of bed in the middle of the night, it was a very distressing moment for us all. A yelping dog, a crying child, a rush to the 24-hour emergency hospital, anxiety about the diagnosis, and more. When we put in our claim to Bow Wow, our experience was the opposite: happy! The claim was processed quickly, we received a great return, and everything was done via a simple and clear process.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Maryanne and Tilda, thank you for sharing. It is always stressful when our fur babies are sick or injured. Great to hear that we helped alleviate some of this stress for you.

Great cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

Our St Bernard has been a client of Bow wow since she was12 weeks of age .Was diagnosed with epilepsy after she turned three Bow wow have been absolutely wonderful vet and her expensive medication has been covered per policy. Now with the added client portal I can summit my claims online and they are generally paid within a week and straight back into my bank.
WE highly recommend Bow wow to any pet owner.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Mlarm. Glad we have been a help to you and your St Bernard.

Very happy customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

I am very happy with my pet insurance and recommend it to everyone I know. It is so comforting knowing that when I take my dogs to the vet I can say go ahead and do whatever is needed without having to worry about the cost-especially when my last trip to the Vet was on a Sunday, meaning it was an after hours Vet.
The claim process is very simple, although it could be more streamlined. There was a problem with my last claim in that the Vet had given me two invoices. Both had a balance owing but it was clear that the full amount had been paid.
The issue was brought to my attention by post-which took days. I actually rang on the same day the letter arrived to see why the payment had not been made. If I had been emailed I could have fixed it straight away. I emailed in a new statement and followed up by phone about two days later to find that my email had not been linked with the claim. While I did eventually receive the payment and was quite happy, it would be easier if you were to begin to use email more effectively.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Lorine, thanks for the review and the great feedback. Apologies for the unnecessary delays. We are fully aware of the mail issues and we are currently working on our electronic systems. We inten... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Efficient pet insurance claim system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

My dog recently had an operation. To make a claim my vet just inputted the information straight to Bow Wow via their electronic system. I did not have to spend time filling in forms, it was great. I received a cheque within 3 weeks.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

That's great news Lynn! Thanks for the feedback.

Insurance claim made

Good insurance for my accident prone dane x

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Had this insurance since my accident prone dane x was a puppy (5 years ago). Did a bit of research to decide on this product. My 'puppy' has had 2 x broken foot, a few tiffs with our other big dog (big dog tiffs don't come cheap...), and recently had a mast cell tumour removed. Each time, BWM has reimbursed her expenses as per her policy in a timely manner. Having this pet insurance has given us peace of mind to know that we can afford to provide her with the best care available.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Alphale01, good to hear that it has brought you peace of mind.

sydney

• 2 comments

Worst Pet Insurance!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

They take you payments but rejected claim with no back up reason. Customer claims consultant was lazy and did not care that i wanted to cancel my policy, There are better companies out there that care that deserve your time and money. By far the worst i have dealt with.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Katherine, I am sorry you feel that way and apologise no reason was provided. This is not the service we aim for. Please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can investigate and get back to you.

Too late!! It was not the first time i was let down... this was the last straw!

Last thursday i was told ill get a call with in 48 hours to cancel my policy - why am i still waiting!!!?????? Do you want to take out another payment before i cancel????

Brisbane

Good communication, great outcome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Claim was lodged but didn't have all paperwork correctly attached, we received a prompt email and were able to resolve quickly without a significant delay to the claim process. Very happy we chose Bow Wow Meow

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks Greg. Glad it went well!

Second Major Claim - No drama

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

I am sorry to hear about your pet and hope things turn out well. Thank you for sharing KME67. It is good to hear that you have had great claim experiences with us.

Insurance claim made

Excellent service but ...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Really great customer service, we got paid out quickly with no fuss. The only worry I have is how little Bow wow covers days in hospital days. Cause if puppy is in for a week, they'll cover the procedure but not the full hospital stay.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Gus, hospital days are covered for eligible conditions provided they are considered reasonable in terms of hospital duration and applicable treatments. If you would like me to investigate, pleas... read more »

1 of 71 pages

Also is there any option for tailoring cover to suit pre-existing conditions?

Gem64 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gem64, I am not quiet sure what you mean as you are unable to include cover for any pre-existing conditions. However, you can apply to have a pre-existing condition waived if you can prove that there have been no signs of that condition for the last 18 months whilst being insured by us.

In earlier post it was stated that: "a pet swallowing a cane toad falls under toxicity and is coverable under the Illness Section of our policy (as long a there are no pre-existing condition or within the 30-day waiting period). What would a pre-existing condition related to eating cane toads be? Like if they have ever eaten one before?

Gem64 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gem64, a pre-existing condition related to intoxication - is if your pet requires on-going care as a result of the intoxicity or if after treatment he/she develops a condition which has been directly related to the intoxicity. I hope this answers your question.

I am having the same issue as Kev, I gave them full history and they started questioning me on why I have moved address .. then said they are too busy and will call me back later..... Can I get help online?

Tara Power asked on Mar 07, 2017

Answer this

Hi Tara, I am sorry to hear this.
Please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I will ensure that our resolutions team looks at it ASAP.
Many thanks.