Filter By:

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Excellent company to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

We have had a policy on our dog since she was around one year old and we have unfortunatley had to make many claims over the last 8 years. She has had two eye operations, a luxating patella, allergies requiring ongoing treatment and a few other ailments.
If not for Bow Wow we would have been out of pocket close to $10,000. With Bow Wow we are covered to 80% of the bill and there is a per excess condition of $100,.
With our previous dog we were lucky and never had insurance or needed it.
But taking out this policy has saved us so much money. I always recommend them to any friends buying a pet.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Telika. It is great to hear that we have assisted you and your furry family member so much.

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

bow wow review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

I have had to make a claim on both my dogs now and in each case, Bow Wow was very prompt with their refund. So glad I spend the money on pet insurance. These guys are great.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for sharing Sue.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Be Careful with your policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

I have been a policy holder for 2 years and when i got online and did a quote on the same policy i currently have, it came in about $55 cheaper than what i am currently paying.
When i asked Bow Wow about this they said "i don't know why you are getting charged more than the advertised quote but we can't adjust your policy sorry sir that's just the way policy's work).
Thanks and good bye Bow Wow, PIA pet insurance Australia has a lot cheaper and better care policy available.
Good luck with your policy and be sure to double check them against their own quotes online.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Dave, that is very strange. Please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that I can investigate. Many thanks

I have emailed, called, and spoken to to many people already and have had no reply nor have i had a proper explination of why, but ill try again

Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks Dave, we have received your e-mail and we are currently investigating.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Came through without any issues

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

I was successfully able to make a claim recently and received 80% back as promoted (excluding my excess). The only down point is the new limit to consultant fees which prevented me exploring further issues with other specialists.

mount barker

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

account has been cancel

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

I would give them a 0 if I could now I have cancel my account and they have still taken this month out and when I asked for a refund was told they will keep taking money out of my account and if it stops then it will affect my credit rating are these people real I had all sorts of problems with my claim just a nightmare after months they paid half my bill my vet bill was $2859.19 and they paid $1401 which was a joke not 80 per cent like they promised not even 50 per cent I have had enough of pet insurance someone said the other day you are better off having a bank account for your pet and that's what I am going to do.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Kev, we do cover 80% of eligible vet bills less the excess you have chosen. I am not sure what policy you have chosen or the details of your claim, however, I would be happy to investigate this ... read more »

no you don't pay 80 per cent because why would you pay me not even 50 per cent and left me with a large bill to pay ... read more »

Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Kev, I understand your frustration, I have received your e-mail. Thank you for this. I will investigate and get back to you.

• 2 helpful votes

Misleading phone information!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

I made two phone calls to make sure Danger was covered. In both phone calls I was told Danger is cover and you will receive 80% less excess. I was never told of the sub limit. Following up on this I asked to listen to the phone conversation. I am still waiting to hear back!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi David, I believe you are referring to the 20% co-payment? The 80% cover is definitely stipulated on our brochures, Product Disclosure Statements (PDS') and on our websites so I am not sure where... read more »

Sydney

• 1 question

Insurance claim made

Thanful to have pet insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

I found Bow Wow Meow insurance to be very good value. Our puppy has had a tough start with a green stock fracture and then most recently hip dysplasia. Whilst still some considerable out of pocket expenses, I am super thankful and glad that I had this pet insurance. Bow Wow Meow have been prompt and easy to deal with. Thankyou

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you Jeff. We are glad we could assist.

Everything was easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

When our little pup Frankie broke his leg falling out of bed in the middle of the night, it was a very distressing moment for us all. A yelping dog, a crying child, a rush to the 24-hour emergency hospital, anxiety about the diagnosis, and more. When we put in our claim to Bow Wow, our experience was the opposite: happy! The claim was processed quickly, we received a great return, and everything was done via a simple and clear process.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Maryanne and Tilda, thank you for sharing. It is always stressful when our fur babies are sick or injured. Great to hear that we helped alleviate some of this stress for you.

Great cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

Our St Bernard has been a client of Bow wow since she was12 weeks of age .Was diagnosed with epilepsy after she turned three Bow wow have been absolutely wonderful vet and her expensive medication has been covered per policy. Now with the added client portal I can summit my claims online and they are generally paid within a week and straight back into my bank.
WE highly recommend Bow wow to any pet owner.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Mlarm. Glad we have been a help to you and your St Bernard.

Very happy customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

I am very happy with my pet insurance and recommend it to everyone I know. It is so comforting knowing that when I take my dogs to the vet I can say go ahead and do whatever is needed without having to worry about the cost-especially when my last trip to the Vet was on a Sunday, meaning it was an after hours Vet.
The claim process is very simple, although it could be more streamlined. There was a problem with my last claim in that the Vet had given me two invoices. Both had a balance owing but it was clear that the full amount had been paid.
The issue was brought to my attention by post-which took days. I actually rang on the same day the letter arrived to see why the payment had not been made. If I had been emailed I could have fixed it straight away. I emailed in a new statement and followed up by phone about two days later to find that my email had not been linked with the claim. While I did eventually receive the payment and was quite happy, it would be easier if you were to begin to use email more effectively.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Lorine, thanks for the review and the great feedback. Apologies for the unnecessary delays. We are fully aware of the mail issues and we are currently working on our electronic systems. We inten... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Efficient pet insurance claim system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

My dog recently had an operation. To make a claim my vet just inputted the information straight to Bow Wow via their electronic system. I did not have to spend time filling in forms, it was great. I received a cheque within 3 weeks.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

That's great news Lynn! Thanks for the feedback.

Insurance claim made

Good insurance for my accident prone dane x

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Had this insurance since my accident prone dane x was a puppy (5 years ago). Did a bit of research to decide on this product. My 'puppy' has had 2 x broken foot, a few tiffs with our other big dog (big dog tiffs don't come cheap...), and recently had a mast cell tumour removed. Each time, BWM has reimbursed her expenses as per her policy in a timely manner. Having this pet insurance has given us peace of mind to know that we can afford to provide her with the best care available.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Alphale01, good to hear that it has brought you peace of mind.

1 of 71 pages

Why does Bow Wow insist on a copy of every previous Vet bill each time a new claim is made? And when we got all the documentation it was slightly more than a month after the incident and they said it had to be claimed within the month? I have decided to investigate other Pet Insurances and change.

Karen asked on Apr 17, 2017

Answer this

I imagine they just need proof that certain conditions haven't been a pre existing problem. I have always paid my vet bills by bankcard and then made my claim to Bow Wow straight away so that by the time the bankcard needs paying, my claim has been paid so the bankcard bill is less daunting. They've always paid up promptly.

I thought we had 90 days to claim. I'll have to check. We need ongoing meds and to claim every 3 weeks would be a pain.

Hi Karen, we only require the vet history once. Following receipt of vet history, we would not require it again. You definitely have up to 90 days to claim and we often provide more grace than 90 days? Please e-mail insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number and I would be happy to investigate. Many thanks

Also is there any option for tailoring cover to suit pre-existing conditions?

Gem64 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gem64, I am not quiet sure what you mean as you are unable to include cover for any pre-existing conditions. However, you can apply to have a pre-existing condition waived if you can prove that there have been no signs of that condition for the last 18 months whilst being insured by us.

In earlier post it was stated that: "a pet swallowing a cane toad falls under toxicity and is coverable under the Illness Section of our policy (as long a there are no pre-existing condition or within the 30-day waiting period). What would a pre-existing condition related to eating cane toads be? Like if they have ever eaten one before?

Gem64 asked on Mar 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gem64, a pre-existing condition related to intoxication - is if your pet requires on-going care as a result of the intoxicity or if after treatment he/she develops a condition which has been directly related to the intoxicity. I hope this answers your question.

See all 105 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance