On October 21, 2015 Breville Pty Ltd issued a recall on the Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200 white lid gasket from units with production date codes 1034 through to 1511. Consumers who have the Fast Slow Cooker in their possession should contact Breville customer service to arrange for a replacement gasket kit to be sent to them, free of charge. Please call 1300 727 424 or email recall@breville.com.au for further assistance.

Read more on the official Breville site: http://www.breville.com.au/recall

horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2016

One minute you can do pressure cooking, next minute you can't.
Just found this thread, ive just done one batch of lamb shanks and the 2ND batch, more liquid is coming out then it should be! I can't exactly stop it in the middle now! Dinner isnt going to happen! Looks like.i need a new gasket!

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Jenjam - please contact customer service for assistance - 1300 139 798 or askus@breville.com.au - thanks, the Breville team

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Kitchen Bomb. Explodes during cooking cycle

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2016

Please search on Facebook. Our exploded just moments after our kids had left the kitchen. Fortunately its a miracle no one was seriously injured. After some research it is clear this is not an isolated case and this happened some time after the gasket was upgraded. Please consider carefully. The only reason for my review is fear that someone may get seriously hurt. Breville have not been very helpful.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Phoenix73 - please email your contact details to food.thinkers@breville.com.au so we can contact you to discuss this further. Please include your profile name in the subject line. Thanks, the Breville team

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2016

Just love this cooker. I wanted something I could toss food in and have cooked in no time when I arrive back from fishing. It's perfect. I get the ingredients ready early, go fishing, come home and toss it all together and off it goes. Clean the fish, and dinner's cooked. White Wings Special Gravy Flour is a perfect no lump thickener works perfectly with it. Pour it in, mix, turn to "saute sear" for a couple of minutes and serve it up. I made a forequarter chop curry last night. Cooked the basic (10 mins med pressure), added kumara, (2 mins med pressure), added ground almonds and English Spinach (3 mins saute sear). All done
Extremely easy to clean.
Can't say I'd use the slow cooker feature.......but , maybe.

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Kez - great to hear you're getting so much out of your appliance. Thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Perth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2016

First pressure cooker.
We've only had it a fortnight and used it maybe ten times - great results every time.
Searing option is great, saves using another pan. The equivalent of a slow cooked meal in less than an hour, with meat falling apart.
Easy to clean, low maintenance. Perfect.

Purchased at: Myer

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Mike_AK - good news. Thanks, the Breville team

Cootamundra

• 4 helpful votes

Love It!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2016

This is my first ever pressure cooker, was put off by the memories of my mum's stove top one. I'm still learning, and figuring out the liquid ratio but we've had some wonderful results from this appliance. I made an amazing risotto, no stirring in hot stock (and missing the news!) I haven't used the slow cooker function as I have a Breville Flavour Saver slow cooker (which I also love). Easy to clean and it looks good on the bench. I'm soon upgrading to the Breville Fast Slow Pro, which I just discovered today.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi TrishPercy - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Problems with float valve that happened twice even after swapping for a new product.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

I bought this at Goodguys. Made awesome food. But it started to give issues with pressure cooking, pressure wasn't sealing on the float valve after 1 week. Swapped it for a new one at the Goodguys. 1.5 month into use of the new pressure cooker, the same issue started to happen. Steam started coming out from the float valve again. As this was the 2nd time it happened I decided to swap it for another product.

• 6 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Breville Fast Slow Cooker

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2016

It worked well for about 1 year and then it started to give problems when pressure cooking. I keep getting an error. Its annoying and I have to keep trying at least 4 to 5 times before it starts the pressure cooking. At other times I was unsuccessful to get it to pressure cook. Am I eligible for a refund or an exchange?

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Jude - please contact customer service on 1300139798 to discuss options and service agent contact details. Thanks, the Breville team

Just called the service centre and they are sending the replacement lid in 5 days. Good service and courteous.staff. Well done Breville.

I received the new gasket and tried to pressure cook but I keep getting error E0. Getting frustrated. What next? Help.

• 4 helpful votes

Exploded

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2016

This exploded in a 10 ft, 3 directional geyser of boiling liquid. Unacceptable. The product worked passably on the 4 other occasions, but will not be used after this. There were children present and there were strewn chucks of peas and cilantro, not just liquid. Our safety seal gave no warning or noise before. It just randomly exploded.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer

dangerous explosion

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2016

Thank goodness I was cooking bone broth outside. After 30 minutes, I heard uncharacteristic hissing followed by a massive pop. The scalding liquid clearly exploded out about 10 meters away from the machine, Had the machine been inside the explosion could have caused serious injury, not to mention a huge clean up job :(

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Ally - please click on this link and contact Breville if required http://www.breville.com.au/recall

Thanks, the Breville team

That product is so dangerous. I will never buy Breville again and I'll tell everyone about it :(

Frankston

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 10 answers
Send a message

My most useful cooking appliance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2015

This pot deals with frozen to cooked (plus a very efficient searing process which really Does brown the meat). It enables me to produce a good meal within 1/2 an hour - 10 mins more if you add vegetables too. It is easy to clean - the no stick interior is exactly that. Highly recommended for people who have to cook in a hurry.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Margaret - thanks for your review. We're glad this is a helpful appliance for you. The Breville team

Since I wrote that review I had a slight blow up experience...messy but not dangerous. Since then use it only for searing and max 10 mins pressure. Not addicted to cleaning up sprayed gravy on cupboards.

Adelaide, South Australia

good addition for family

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2015

I like its versatility, allowing to save space by having a two in one. If I have time then it will be slow cook, but if I am pressed then it would be pressure cooking. Rice turned out okay.
Cleaning the little gap was the hardest thing about this cooker, and the pot is easy clean and non stick.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi MieThoughts - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Fantastic Kitchen Appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2015

I had my first fast slow cooker for a few years and I considered it to be the best appliance in my kitchen, and when I dropped and broke it it was only two weeks before I could not live without it and bought another. Highly recommend and particularly those people who like lamb shank, oxtail, osso bucco casseroles as it cooks exactly the same as a slow cooker but in a fraction of the time and without the cooking odours through the house.

1 of 11 pages

When I use my unit on slow cook, it appears to pressurise and cycle through pressure cooking for the last hour or so. Is this normal behaviour? Ive had no issues with timers or seals and the unit is less than 6 months old.

Steve asked on May 30, 2016

Some recipes instructions are to cook on high pressure for a certain amount of time and then to change the pressure setting for the remaining time to medium. My question is - can you change the pressure setting dial while the unit is cooking? or do you have to release the pressure and then change the pressure dial setting?

Sally asked on May 14, 2016

Answer this

I dont use Breville anymore. I dont recall that you can do this with that unit. You might want to call the Breville hotline and check with them too. All the best.

The hotline is 1300 727 424.

Hi Sally - the product engineer has advised that the pressure can only be adjusted up from the previous set level once the start button has been pressed. To adjust it lower, cancel back to the setup screen and adjust it lower and then start a new program for the remaining required time. Hope this is useful. Thanks, the Breville team

My cooker is one of the ones that is having the seal recalled- I'm really not comfortable using it regardless now, from what I can tell this would come under The Consumer Guarantees Act as a “failure of substantial character” which would give me the right to reject it & get a refund - I originally purchased this from Farmers- would I be best to contact them or Breville for the refund?

Dana Chandler Brown asked on Apr 26, 2016

Answer this

I would go to Farmers if its within warranty period if not contact Breville. Let me know how it goes as perhaps I may do that too.

Hi Dana - please call customer service to discuss all options - 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

See all 91 questions about Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200