On October 21, 2015 Breville Pty Ltd issued a recall on the Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200 white lid gasket from units with production date codes 1034 through to 1511. Consumers who have the Fast Slow Cooker in their possession should contact Breville customer service to arrange for a replacement gasket kit to be sent to them, free of charge. Please call 1300 727 424 or email recall@breville.com.au for further assistance. Read more on the official Breville site: http://www.breville.com.au/recall

This item has been replaced by the newer Breville BPR700

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

When using in pressure cook mode I've found this product very intermittent sometimes it cooks fine other times it fails to pressurize which removes any confidence I have using this cooker. I believe the quality of Breville has really gone by the way side. Definitely will not be buying another Breville.

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

No quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

When I first purchased this, I loved it and would rave about it. After the 12 month warranty expired it began failing to reach pressure. The seals were recalled, so was hoping the replacements would fix the pressure issue, but it didn't. Breville customer service were TERRIBLE. No help at all. I will now need to replace it and I will most definitely not buy anything BREVILLE again

Comments
Breville Official

Hi JessJ - can you please contact customer service on 1300 727 424 to organise a replacement lid, which should fix your issues. Thanks, the Breville team

Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Really disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

Received this as a wedding present last year and have only used it a few times to slow cook. Was bitterly disappointed as it seems to slow cook way too fast and everything was really dry. My husband who eats everything said it was all inedible. Didn't matter how much liquid was in there, it was still dry and overcooked.

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Lexi - please contact customer service to discuss the issue further - 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Purchased three of these pressure cookers, two are lemons

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2016

I purchased a pressure cooker for myself and haven't had an issue in four years.Less than eighteen months ago I purchased one each for my family members as Christmas presents,one won't pressurise and the other has err2 and no functions,there is nothing underneath the insert and the other won't cook as it won't pressurise even though I have removed,turned replaced the gasket.I won't buy anymore Breville products since these are made in China and are obviously a very inferior product

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

deception bay

Date Purchased: May 2016

best slow cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

Bought this electric/ slow/pressure 3months at myer store in north lakes go best thing ever very happy with it a bit sceptical first bought a Breville product before it was not so good but this slow cooker is fantastic credit where it is due thanks Breville it cooks great stews and wonderfull rissotos great machine

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Arnie - that's great news, thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Date Purchased: Dec 2013

Almost Unfaultable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

Bought this machine almost 3 years ago. Have used it extensively to cook a variety of different meals. Main use is for slow cooking steak.
After reading others reviews, especially about explosions, I can only imagine that their particular machine/part was faulty or they had inserted the gasket and/or holder incorrectly. I have never had an issue with that at all.
Only complaint I do have is that the machine has started giving me an error code, and after consulting the user manual, there isn't any information about the actual problem, just states that I need to contact Consumer Service, which I have done and am awaiting a response.

Purchased at: Big W

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Wopa don't hesitate to try customer service again on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Very good machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2016

Very happy with this pressure cooker. Performs very well, i made a beef stew with it and in 30 minutes the beef was so tender. There isn't really anything I can fault it on. I also love that it has a searing function, it really is the ultimate one-pot cooker.

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Chrissy13 - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

So far a bit disapointing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2016

I bought this to replace a Cuisinart pressure cooker I have had for couple of years. I was happy with it but the non-stick surface wasn't very good and had completely broken down so decided to try one with a slow cooker function as well this time. So far the Breville has been disappointing in comparison. It is much slower to heat up and pressurize and when I let the pressure off (eg today with a vegetable soup, half full) it splutters everywhere, and there is a big puddle on the bench.
I have tried the slow cooker function once and the meat was ended up falling apart but dry. This may have been due to my inexperience with this function though. At the moment I am wishing I hadn't thrown my old one out!

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Frank - customer service can discuss correct operation in more detail with you if that's of interest - 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

It cooks the best risotto. It really is cooking in one appliance. No more browning on the stove top and then transferring to another pot. Flavorsome and quick. I use it at least once a week. I love how you set and forget and then i can prepare the rest of the meal without having to stand over the appliance .Money well spent!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Ant - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Disappointing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

We were really happy with this product the handful of times it was used. Unfortunately the time button melted stuck in and could not be used anymore after about 6 uses. It was a wedding gift with no receipt & the store wouldnt take back. Now out of warrantee Breville have offered a new one for $105 but they have been selling them in target for $99!

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Love it....for the first 18 months.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2016

Easily my number one kitchen appliance. I make lots of stews, curries, rice dishes, even pulled pork. I cook up a storm on the weekends to make a week of dishes. But.... After 18 months the seal is no longer working and I struggle to make it pressurise. I also find the slower cooker doesn't really work unless you pressure cook first. Maybe time for an upgrade.

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Amie - please contact customer service to discuss performance improvement options. Thanks, the Breville team

My Go to Appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

I purchased my Fast Slow Cooker over 2 years ago and use it at least once a week. Curries, braises, silverside all cooked to perfection, (don't even get me started on the perfect rice) I could not be happier with this product. Seal replaced in recall and I have had not a single other problem with it. I am so impressed I am purchasing another insert as mine is beginning to lose the non-stick coating.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Sheryl - sounds like you've put your Fast Slow Cooker to good use - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

1 of 13 pages

I have a new breville. Impress the start button and the light goes on, but then it turns off. How do I know if the food is cooking or not if there is no light to show it is on?

Mallacoota asked on Jan 16, 2017

Answer this

The BPR200 Fast Slow Cooker has a flashing indicator light which flashes when a relevant function is selected, like 'Pressure Cook'. While the light is flashing, the appliance is waiting for the operator to set the timer, before pressing START/CANCEL button once more to activate the cooker. At that point, the light will stop flashing and heating has begun. If the START/CANCEL button was pressed once again, the cycle is cancelled, and the unit would in effect be turned off. The light will not flash during cooking. There is an illustrated step by step guide within your instruction manual which may further assist as well.

How long does this machine take to reach pressure to do a pumpkin risotto in the pressure cooker till then it starts cooking ???

Dstamps asked on Jan 04, 2017

It is most frustrating when you go to the q and a and all your answers say...contact customer service...how can a person utilise that info. I want to know how long to cook a mutton roast what liquid and do i use rack please. I

Jo Hannah asked on Dec 27, 2016

Answer this

Hi Jo Hannah - you can view instruction booklets at www.breville.com.au or request one via 1300139798. The test kitchen is unattended until next week. Thanks, the Breville team

See all 116 questions about Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200