On October 21, 2015 Breville Pty Ltd issued a recall on the Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200 white lid gasket from units with production date codes 1034 through to 1511. Consumers who have the Fast Slow Cooker in their possession should contact Breville customer service to arrange for a replacement gasket kit to be sent to them, free of charge. Please call 1300 727 424 or email recall@breville.com.au for further assistance. Read more on the official Breville site: http://www.breville.com.au/recall

This item has been replaced by the newer Breville BPR700

Love it....for the first 18 months.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2016

Easily my number one kitchen appliance. I make lots of stews, curries, rice dishes, even pulled pork. I cook up a storm on the weekends to make a week of dishes. But.... After 18 months the seal is no longer working and I struggle to make it pressurise. I also find the slower cooker doesn't really work unless you pressure cook first. Maybe time for an upgrade.

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Amie - please contact customer service to discuss performance improvement options. Thanks, the Breville team

My Go to Appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

I purchased my Fast Slow Cooker over 2 years ago and use it at least once a week. Curries, braises, silverside all cooked to perfection, (don't even get me started on the perfect rice) I could not be happier with this product. Seal replaced in recall and I have had not a single other problem with it. I am so impressed I am purchasing another insert as mine is beginning to lose the non-stick coating.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Sheryl - sounds like you've put your Fast Slow Cooker to good use - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Morwell

• 2 comments
  • 7 answers

Best Buy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

Recommended to me by store staff, best thing I've ever bought. Replaces at least 3 kitchen items. Easy to use and clean.
Browns, cooks and keeps warm. Love using both functions Slowcooker and pressure cooker.
Quick with great tasting results.
Would recommend this product, good price. Bought at Harvey Norman.

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Carol Huffer - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

My review is actually for the Breville Fast Slow Pro BPR700. Sorry.

• 2 answers
Private message

Thank you for making this easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

Have not looked back since owning the Breville Fast Slow Cooker - I love it!

Not once have I even considered using the slow cook function - we love casseroles & corned beef etc though are usually rushed in the mornings, it's so nice to come home and be able to have these dishes during the week in a fraction of the time.
Thank you for taking the danger out of this wonderful cooking process, trapping in all the flavour!
As it's completely sealed you may want to use a little less liquid in your casserole recipes, as none of it evaporates out
of the cooker.
The customer advise line was a bit dodgy - the lady suggested not to remove the gasket which holds the rubber seal in place as it was tricky to remove when new (then I learnt how & it's easy.)
The instruction manual/ cookbook times are a bit out - in fact I thought it would work like magic and so underestimated times in the beginning, it's still a life/ time saver!
Cleaning is a breeze.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Kath - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

• 1 answer

Fantastic kitchen appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2016

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Debdjd - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Great at first but doesn't last

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2016

I used this at least once a week mostly for the pressure cooking setting and the sauté settings for 18 months, not the heating doesn't work properly and it won't build pressure any more, very disappointed as I loved this and found this such a handy appliance it just does not last

Purchased at: Myer

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Robyn - please call 1300139798 if you would like to discuss service options with customer service. Thanks, the Breville team

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Works perfectly once you get to grips with it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

Purchased to replace a Sunbeam slow cooker that broke, have been using for 8 months now. Good points: Very easy to use, nice to have slow cooker and pressure cooker all in one, sauté function also useful, food comes out as expected. On the whole very happy 10/10 now. Not so good points: 5/10 for instructions, youtube clips on its use were most useful in the end, as the written instructions were not clear on how to place seal, especially as at first it seemed to leak, seal was replaced as part of the recall they had in place, though this was not the problem.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Leaking steam from the valve

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

I just would like to ask whether it is normal for the steam to leak out of the valve and make a hissing noise throughout the entire cooking process (about 45 mins)? It gets even more and louder towards the end. It does have quite a bit pressure in the cooker to be released when it's done. But I was told that it should not leak steam at all. Could you please assist ?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Ashtonfield, nsw

• 15 comments
  • 64 answers
  • 30 helpful votes
Private message

time saver. walk away and ignore

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2016

I wanted a pressure cooker to cook my soup faster. I was sick of constantly turning on and off my stove for a whole day.
I found with this I just have to turn on the pressure cooking function for 1 hour. walk away. come back in 2 to 3 hours time to find my soup still burning hot (80 degrees even when plug was pulled 5 hours ago) and all the ingriedients has broken down.
I use it to cook a chinese chicken soup. chicken came out as extremely tender and has absorb the taste of the herbs without drying.
I even use this to cook curry chicken.
I put in all my ingriedients, turn it on, set it to 1 hour and walk away. (1 hour was probably too much. all the meat slide off the bone and I was eating a thick goo. the potato was mashed). no need to worry about turning off stove. no need to worry about cleaning spillage. no need to feel pressure wheb u put the pressure in the cooker. you just walk away and forget.

For those that has never use a pressure cooker before this can be dangerous. but I have not been injured because I did my research and even found a youtube video by breville on the use of this cooker.
just keep in mind that the lid will not open if pressure has not release (it took about 2 hours for pressure to slowly release when I was cooking soup on high pressure for 1 hour).
always push the "release stem" button using a chopstick or long wooden spoon. just make sure no part of your body part is under both of the steam vents. only open lid if no steam is release when you push steam release button.
Also make sure seal is place in correctly. if steam escapes around edge of lid than you know you did it wrong. wait till steam is release before opening lid.

cleaning is simple (watch youtube video by breville). I just soak my lid in hot soapy water. use a tooth brush to clean hard to reach spots. rice and leave to dry.

Adelaide

Terribly inconsistent!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2016

Worked fine initially, then wouldn't build up to pressure. Had lid and seal replaced & supposedly tested through Breville service agent, but still not working! The service agent threatened us when we mentioned going to consumer affairs. This product was inconsistent, when it worked it was great, when it didn't dinner was late & ended up being take away or eggs on toast! I would not recommend this product!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Motorheadv8 - please contact customer service on 1300 139 798 if you would like to discuss your concerns further. Thanks, the Breville team

Sydney

Throw out the CrockPot

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2016

I had a crockpot from the 80's, loved the crockpot, it broke.What do I get now.I saw a chef on Tv using the Breville Fast Slow Cooker (BFSC),I was impressed, so I bought one, I'm sold, it is fantastic, I've had it for about 2 months and have used it , at least 3 times a week.My dog cant eat dog food, for medical reasons, so I have to cook Chicken , veg and rice for her , it takes 25 min, using the pressure cooker and that does her for over a week.How easy is that.Just tonight I used it, i was going to the movies at 3.30, I had chicken wings for dinner, what can I expect when I get home, NOTHING, it takes at least an hour to cook them.NO it doesn't, I sauted the wings ,added tomatoes, fresh basil, onion and a stock cube.I put the BFSC on for 6 hours, went to the movies, came home and their it was, just delicious .I've compared the BFSC with a Sunbeam slow cooker,I put exactly the same amount into each and the BFSC came out as a better appliance.
I love the options you get with the BFSC, the pressure cooker is also easy, I thought it would be hard, but it cooks so quick and the cleaning takes no time at all

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Linda - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

1 of 12 pages

Took the silicone rubber gasket out to wash and now it is not fitting back in. I do have it with the arrows facing the lid but does all the gasket sit under the rim or how does it fit? Thanks

Chez asked on Jul 12, 2016

Hi Chez
I have washed mine many times (handwash, not dishwasher) and I haven't had a problem with fitting it back in so you might have a 'dud' or you may need to check the way you are fitting it. Part of the silicone goes under the plastic rim and part underneath but you might find it helpful to look at the brevillle youtube on the cooker. I also found the Breville helpline excellent (contact number found in the instruction book).
Good luck

Hi Chez - this video may be of assistance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24iIN7sRd4c
Thanks, the Breville team

Does the fast slow cooker have a delayed start function for slow cooking?

Sharon asked on Jul 10, 2016

Answer this

No but it does have a keep warm function so after it finishes cooking it will keep it warm for a while

Jason asked on Jun 21, 2016

Answer this

I guess so. I notice mine does that too. I haven't had mine for long. I notice steam and giving noises are made when I set the cooker on high pressure to cook soup for 2 hours.

Ours vents steam at times when cooking, less when on lower pressure, more on the higher setting, not through out the whole cooking cycle though.

Hi Jason - a cooking specialist on the customer service team can discuss this with you - 1300139798. Thanks, the Breville team

See all 97 questions about Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200