On October 21, 2015 Breville Pty Ltd issued a recall on the Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200 white lid gasket from units with production date codes 1034 through to 1511. Consumers who have the Fast Slow Cooker in their possession should contact Breville customer service to arrange for a replacement gasket kit to be sent to them, free of charge. Please call 1300 727 424 or email recall@breville.com.au for further assistance.

Read more on the official Breville site: http://www.breville.com.au/recall

• 4 answers
Private message

Works perfectly once you get to grips with it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

Purchased to replace a Sunbeam slow cooker that broke, have been using for 8 months now. Good points: Very easy to use, nice to have slow cooker and pressure cooker all in one, sauté function also useful, food comes out as expected. On the whole very happy 10/10 now. Not so good points: 5/10 for instructions, youtube clips on its use were most useful in the end, as the written instructions were not clear on how to place seal, especially as at first it seemed to leak, seal was replaced as part of the recall they had in place, though this was not the problem.

Perth

• 1 question
Private message

Leaking steam from the valve

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

I just would like to ask whether it is normal for the steam to leak out of the valve and make a hissing noise throughout the entire cooking process (about 45 mins)? It gets even more and louder towards the end. It does have quite a bit pressure in the cooker to be released when it's done. But I was told that it should not leak steam at all. Could you please assist ?

Ashtonfield, nsw

• 15 comments
  • 64 answers
  • 29 helpful votes
Private message

time saver. walk away and ignore

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2016

I wanted a pressure cooker to cook my soup faster. I was sick of constantly turning on and off my stove for a whole day.
I found with this I just have to turn on the pressure cooking function for 1 hour. walk away. come back in 2 to 3 hours time to find my soup still burning hot (80 degrees even when plug was pulled 5 hours ago) and all the ingriedients has broken down.
I use it to cook a chinese chicken soup. chicken came out as extremely tender and has absorb the taste of the herbs without drying.
I even use this to cook curry chicken.
I put in all my ingriedients, turn it on, set it to 1 hour and walk away. (1 hour was probably too much. all the meat slide off the bone and I was eating a thick goo. the potato was mashed). no need to worry about turning off stove. no need to worry about cleaning spillage. no need to feel pressure wheb u put the pressure in the cooker. you just walk away and forget.

For those that has never use a pressure cooker before this can be dangerous. but I have not been injured because I did my research and even found a youtube video by breville on the use of this cooker.
just keep in mind that the lid will not open if pressure has not release (it took about 2 hours for pressure to slowly release when I was cooking soup on high pressure for 1 hour).
always push the "release stem" button using a chopstick or long wooden spoon. just make sure no part of your body part is under both of the steam vents. only open lid if no steam is release when you push steam release button.
Also make sure seal is place in correctly. if steam escapes around edge of lid than you know you did it wrong. wait till steam is release before opening lid.

cleaning is simple (watch youtube video by breville). I just soak my lid in hot soapy water. use a tooth brush to clean hard to reach spots. rice and leave to dry.

Terribly inconsistent!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2016

Worked fine initially, then wouldn't build up to pressure. Had lid and seal replaced & supposedly tested through Breville service agent, but still not working! The service agent threatened us when we mentioned going to consumer affairs. This product was inconsistent, when it worked it was great, when it didn't dinner was late & ended up being take away or eggs on toast! I would not recommend this product!

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Motorheadv8 - please contact customer service on 1300 139 798 if you would like to discuss your concerns further. Thanks, the Breville team

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 4 answers

Throw out the CrockPot

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2016

I had a crockpot from the 80's, loved the crockpot, it broke.What do I get now.I saw a chef on Tv using the Breville Fast Slow Cooker (BFSC),I was impressed, so I bought one, I'm sold, it is fantastic, I've had it for about 2 months and have used it , at least 3 times a week.My dog cant eat dog food, for medical reasons, so I have to cook Chicken , veg and rice for her , it takes 25 min, using the pressure cooker and that does her for over a week.How easy is that.Just tonight I used it, i was going to the movies at 3.30, I had chicken wings for dinner, what can I expect when I get home, NOTHING, it takes at least an hour to cook them.NO it doesn't, I sauted the wings ,added tomatoes, fresh basil, onion and a stock cube.I put the BFSC on for 6 hours, went to the movies, came home and their it was, just delicious .I've compared the BFSC with a Sunbeam slow cooker,I put exactly the same amount into each and the BFSC came out as a better appliance.
I love the options you get with the BFSC, the pressure cooker is also easy, I thought it would be hard, but it cooks so quick and the cleaning takes no time at all

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Linda - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2016

Have had this for a couple of weeks now. This thing is amazing. Cooks food fast and quick and so many recipes to choose from. We've used the pressure cooker and slow cooker function and it's so simple. We've cooked for a few people now who are looking to now buy this. Love it :)

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Dave - thanks for the comments. The Breville team

Ipswich

• 3 answers

horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2016

One minute you can do pressure cooking, next minute you can't.
Just found this thread, ive just done one batch of lamb shanks and the 2ND batch, more liquid is coming out then it should be! I can't exactly stop it in the middle now! Dinner isnt going to happen! Looks like.i need a new gasket!

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Jenjam - please contact customer service for assistance - 1300 139 798 or askus@breville.com.au - thanks, the Breville team

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Kitchen Bomb. Explodes during cooking cycle

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2016

Please search on Facebook. Our exploded just moments after our kids had left the kitchen. Fortunately its a miracle no one was seriously injured. After some research it is clear this is not an isolated case and this happened some time after the gasket was upgraded. Please consider carefully. The only reason for my review is fear that someone may get seriously hurt. Breville have not been very helpful.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Phoenix73 - please email your contact details to food.thinkers@breville.com.au so we can contact you to discuss this further. Please include your profile name in the subject line. Thanks, the Breville team

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2016

Just love this cooker. I wanted something I could toss food in and have cooked in no time when I arrive back from fishing. It's perfect. I get the ingredients ready early, go fishing, come home and toss it all together and off it goes. Clean the fish, and dinner's cooked. White Wings Special Gravy Flour is a perfect no lump thickener works perfectly with it. Pour it in, mix, turn to "saute sear" for a couple of minutes and serve it up. I made a forequarter chop curry last night. Cooked the basic (10 mins med pressure), added kumara, (2 mins med pressure), added ground almonds and English Spinach (3 mins saute sear). All done
Extremely easy to clean.
Can't say I'd use the slow cooker feature.......but , maybe.

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Kez - great to hear you're getting so much out of your appliance. Thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2016

First pressure cooker.
We've only had it a fortnight and used it maybe ten times - great results every time.
Searing option is great, saves using another pan. The equivalent of a slow cooked meal in less than an hour, with meat falling apart.
Easy to clean, low maintenance. Perfect.

Purchased at: Myer

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Mike_AK - good news. Thanks, the Breville team

Cootamundra

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Love It!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2016

This is my first ever pressure cooker, was put off by the memories of my mum's stove top one. I'm still learning, and figuring out the liquid ratio but we've had some wonderful results from this appliance. I made an amazing risotto, no stirring in hot stock (and missing the news!) I haven't used the slow cooker function as I have a Breville Flavour Saver slow cooker (which I also love). Easy to clean and it looks good on the bench. I'm soon upgrading to the Breville Fast Slow Pro, which I just discovered today.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi TrishPercy - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Problems with float valve that happened twice even after swapping for a new product.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

I bought this at Goodguys. Made awesome food. But it started to give issues with pressure cooking, pressure wasn't sealing on the float valve after 1 week. Swapped it for a new one at the Goodguys. 1.5 month into use of the new pressure cooker, the same issue started to happen. Steam started coming out from the float valve again. As this was the 2nd time it happened I decided to swap it for another product.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

1 of 11 pages

Jason asked on Jun 21, 2016

Answer this

I guess so. I notice mine does that too. I haven't had mine for long. I notice steam and giving noises are made when I set the cooker on high pressure to cook soup for 2 hours.

Ours vents steam at times when cooking, less when on lower pressure, more on the higher setting, not through out the whole cooking cycle though.

Hi Jason - a cooking specialist on the customer service team can discuss this with you - 1300139798. Thanks, the Breville team

Re a timer. Can you set a timer for longer than six hours? Does it have a delayed start? If do g bones on slow one needs a long cook. Thank you!

Mabel asked on Jun 14, 2016

Answer this

Hi Mabel, the longest time is 8 hours, however , when that time is up, set it again.Can you cook dog bones in a pressure cooker?, not sure what the result would be.

The pressure cooker only has the capability to go up to 99 minutes

Is the inside of the cooker st steel or ceramic please? Looking to buy for cooking bones. mTa

Mabel asked on Jun 14, 2016

Answer this

Hi Mabel, the inside removable bowl is non stick .

It's a non stick bowl
Would look at a bigger bowl as I can't really fit 4 lamb shanks in it for one meal. Had to do it in two batches.

See all 95 questions about Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200