On October 21, 2015 Breville Pty Ltd issued a recall on the Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200 white lid gasket from units with production date codes 1034 through to 1511. Consumers who have the Fast Slow Cooker in their possession should contact Breville customer service to arrange for a replacement gasket kit to be sent to them, free of charge. Please call 1300 727 424 or email recall@breville.com.au for further assistance. Read more on the official Breville site: http://www.breville.com.au/recall

This item has been replaced by the newer Breville BPR700

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Great cooker - shame about their Recall response/service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2016

Great product. I usually use it for corned beef, stews and making rice. Perfect every time.

About a month ago the retailer (to their credit) sent me the Breville recall notification information regarding this cooker. Unfortunately mine was one of the ones that needed a replacement gasket, no big deal, (I thought). I have since emailed recall@breville.com.au twice and have had no response; nothing.

I am looking forward to using my cooker again, after I get the replacement gasket. Woeful customer service is souring my rating of this product.

deception bay

Date Purchased: May 2016

best slow cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

Bought this electric/ slow/pressure 3months at myer store in north lakes go best thing ever very happy with it a bit sceptical first bought a Breville product before it was not so good but this slow cooker is fantastic credit where it is due thanks Breville it cooks great stews and wonderfull rissotos great machine

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Arnie - that's great news, thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Date Purchased: Dec 2013

Almost Unfaultable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

Bought this machine almost 3 years ago. Have used it extensively to cook a variety of different meals. Main use is for slow cooking steak.
After reading others reviews, especially about explosions, I can only imagine that their particular machine/part was faulty or they had inserted the gasket and/or holder incorrectly. I have never had an issue with that at all.
Only complaint I do have is that the machine has started giving me an error code, and after consulting the user manual, there isn't any information about the actual problem, just states that I need to contact Consumer Service, which I have done and am awaiting a response.

Purchased at: Big W

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Wopa don't hesitate to try customer service again on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Very good machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2016

Very happy with this pressure cooker. Performs very well, i made a beef stew with it and in 30 minutes the beef was so tender. There isn't really anything I can fault it on. I also love that it has a searing function, it really is the ultimate one-pot cooker.

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Chrissy13 - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

So far a bit disapointing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2016

I bought this to replace a Cuisinart pressure cooker I have had for couple of years. I was happy with it but the non-stick surface wasn't very good and had completely broken down so decided to try one with a slow cooker function as well this time. So far the Breville has been disappointing in comparison. It is much slower to heat up and pressurize and when I let the pressure off (eg today with a vegetable soup, half full) it splutters everywhere, and there is a big puddle on the bench.
I have tried the slow cooker function once and the meat was ended up falling apart but dry. This may have been due to my inexperience with this function though. At the moment I am wishing I hadn't thrown my old one out!

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Frank - customer service can discuss correct operation in more detail with you if that's of interest - 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

It cooks the best risotto. It really is cooking in one appliance. No more browning on the stove top and then transferring to another pot. Flavorsome and quick. I use it at least once a week. I love how you set and forget and then i can prepare the rest of the meal without having to stand over the appliance .Money well spent!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Ant - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Disappointing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

We were really happy with this product the handful of times it was used. Unfortunately the time button melted stuck in and could not be used anymore after about 6 uses. It was a wedding gift with no receipt & the store wouldnt take back. Now out of warrantee Breville have offered a new one for $105 but they have been selling them in target for $99!

Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Love it....for the first 18 months.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2016

Easily my number one kitchen appliance. I make lots of stews, curries, rice dishes, even pulled pork. I cook up a storm on the weekends to make a week of dishes. But.... After 18 months the seal is no longer working and I struggle to make it pressurise. I also find the slower cooker doesn't really work unless you pressure cook first. Maybe time for an upgrade.

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Amie - please contact customer service to discuss performance improvement options. Thanks, the Breville team

My Go to Appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

I purchased my Fast Slow Cooker over 2 years ago and use it at least once a week. Curries, braises, silverside all cooked to perfection, (don't even get me started on the perfect rice) I could not be happier with this product. Seal replaced in recall and I have had not a single other problem with it. I am so impressed I am purchasing another insert as mine is beginning to lose the non-stick coating.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Sheryl - sounds like you've put your Fast Slow Cooker to good use - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Morwell

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 9 answers

Best Buy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

Recommended to me by store staff, best thing I've ever bought. Replaces at least 3 kitchen items. Easy to use and clean.
Browns, cooks and keeps warm. Love using both functions Slowcooker and pressure cooker.
Quick with great tasting results.
Would recommend this product, good price. Bought at Harvey Norman.

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Carol Huffer - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

My review is actually for the Breville Fast Slow Pro BPR700. Sorry.

• 2 answers
Private message

Thank you for making this easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

Have not looked back since owning the Breville Fast Slow Cooker - I love it!

Not once have I even considered using the slow cook function - we love casseroles & corned beef etc though are usually rushed in the mornings, it's so nice to come home and be able to have these dishes during the week in a fraction of the time.
Thank you for taking the danger out of this wonderful cooking process, trapping in all the flavour!
As it's completely sealed you may want to use a little less liquid in your casserole recipes, as none of it evaporates out
of the cooker.
The customer advise line was a bit dodgy - the lady suggested not to remove the gasket which holds the rubber seal in place as it was tricky to remove when new (then I learnt how & it's easy.)
The instruction manual/ cookbook times are a bit out - in fact I thought it would work like magic and so underestimated times in the beginning, it's still a life/ time saver!
Cleaning is a breeze.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Kath - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Fantastic kitchen appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2016

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Debdjd - thanks for your comments. The Breville team