On October 21, 2015 Breville Pty Ltd issued a recall on the Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200 white lid gasket from units with production date codes 1034 through to 1511. Consumers who have the Fast Slow Cooker in their possession should contact Breville customer service to arrange for a replacement gasket kit to be sent to them, free of charge. Please call 1300 727 424 or email recall@breville.com.au for further assistance. Read more on the official Breville site: http://www.breville.com.au/recall

This item has been replaced by the newer Breville BPR700

Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Loved this

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Instructions instructions instructions!

Make sure you read them before you handle the cooking with a pressure cook. The product is simple to use and it's safe as long as you follow the guidebook. It also tells you how long it takes to cook with a pressure cook comparing to use a traditonal oven - it saves heaps of time!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Pressure Cooker Doesn't Work

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

I was having problems with the cooker getting up to pressure and then counting down. I obtained the replacement seal in Jun 16 but can recall the cooker only getting up to pressure once, and have had a few burnt meals trying to figure out how to make it work without luck. I'm pretty disappointed in the cooker as in theory it should be a great device. I've noted the number of other users having the same issues and won't be buying another one. I am currently looking for a replacement and seeing what other brands have to offer.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

maroochydore

• 6 answers

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

VERY RISKY

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Loved this pressure cooker when we first purchased it but after we had a recall on the sealer we then understood why it kept loosing pressure and forever turning off and not counting down
It could handle a small amount say a third full, but even half full it would not pressurize and kept turning off
Very disappointed as it was not cheap and too risky after the recall and people on T.V. getting burned by this product
Do Not Buy

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Loved it at first but now it won't pressurize

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2017

When it works it's wonderful, but it doesn't work any more. I've had mine for about 18 months, then bought one for my daughter which she uses all the time and loves. After about 6 months Breville sent me a new (dark grey) seal to install and told me to dispose of the original white one - which worked. It has never been the same since and now doesn't seem to get up to pressure because steam is all venting out around the lid - I've had to stop it in the middle because I know the food is boiling dry!! I'm too nervous about using it now, and can't trust it any more.

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

I am so surprised to read the negative reviews on here. I purchased our slow/pressure cooker about a year ago and have no regrets at all. I bought it based on recommendations from 3 different friends and family members who have the same model and love it. In fact, the only reason I came on here was to look it up to recommend the model to another friend. I wonder if some people leaving negative reviews are expecting too much from it? It doesn't work magic, it just cooks your food for you! But it's easy to use, quick and straight forward.

Purchased at: Myer

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Destin

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

So hard to make work. I'm buying another brand.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2017

It cooks fine but getting it to cook in the first place heavily negates the time savings or any joy. I’ll preface this with I clean impeccably, no functional problems or mis-use.
1. The valve for the top locking mechanism is a massive issue. I always have a tool to lift it up so it can function. Pressure almost 100% escapes here & without manual intervention the cooker never starts.
2. The “wobble/jiggler” pressure control, the main one used for cooking. After I get the other pressure switch functioning I have trouble with this one. The “co
ok” position often just vents pressure so I have to move it to the fully closed position.. I wait for an audible click for the pressure switch (hi-med-low) in the handle to click in. Then fiddle with the jiggler thing so I know it is letting pressure release to protect my sanity and family.

Summary … This is NOT a set and forget item, it requires vast amounts of time to function properly. Cooking is not supposed to be a chore & I cry every time I bring this out and renew my battle. I’m going to find another brand using my lessons learned on this device. For the last year I believe I have given it a good go and understand all its design peculiarities.

Date Purchased: May 2015

For the Bin

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Breville Official

Roy, we sincerely appreciate your efforts to resolve this matter through Breville Support and will be reviewing the experience you have reported. In an effort to provide management an opportunity f... read more »

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

When using in pressure cook mode I've found this product very intermittent sometimes it cooks fine other times it fails to pressurize which removes any confidence I have using this cooker. I believe the quality of Breville has really gone by the way side. Definitely will not be buying another Breville.

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

No quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

When I first purchased this, I loved it and would rave about it. After the 12 month warranty expired it began failing to reach pressure. The seals were recalled, so was hoping the replacements would fix the pressure issue, but it didn't. Breville customer service were TERRIBLE. No help at all. I will now need to replace it and I will most definitely not buy anything BREVILLE again

Comments
Breville Official

Hi JessJ - can you please contact customer service on 1300 727 424 to organise a replacement lid, which should fix your issues. Thanks, the Breville team

Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Really disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

Received this as a wedding present last year and have only used it a few times to slow cook. Was bitterly disappointed as it seems to slow cook way too fast and everything was really dry. My husband who eats everything said it was all inedible. Didn't matter how much liquid was in there, it was still dry and overcooked.

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Lexi - please contact customer service to discuss the issue further - 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Purchased three of these pressure cookers, two are lemons

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2016

I purchased a pressure cooker for myself and haven't had an issue in four years.Less than eighteen months ago I purchased one each for my family members as Christmas presents,one won't pressurise and the other has err2 and no functions,there is nothing underneath the insert and the other won't cook as it won't pressurise even though I have removed,turned replaced the gasket.I won't buy anymore Breville products since these are made in China and are obviously a very inferior product

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

deception bay

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: May 2016

best slow cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

Bought this electric/ slow/pressure 3months at myer store in north lakes go best thing ever very happy with it a bit sceptical first bought a Breville product before it was not so good but this slow cooker is fantastic credit where it is due thanks Breville it cooks great stews and wonderfull rissotos great machine

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Arnie - that's great news, thanks for your comments. The Breville team

1 of 13 pages

Hi my counter counts intermittently down immediately on the pressure cook setting and won't seem to heat up or does so very slowly. I have read the manual, looked at youtube clips, checked seals checked valves etc. It did work for a while but seems to play up now and then. Please help.

ARALJ asked on May 20, 2017

Answer this

I found if the cooker is full it takes ages to count down or keeps turning off, if the cooker is half full it's ok, if it turns off I reset it again but allow 5mins less time.

Other pressure cookers allow you to use frozen foods for instance chicken wings Etc why can you not use frozen food in your food pressure cooker?

Erb asked on Apr 30, 2017

When starting the slow cooker function , is there a way to increase the keep warm time from 30 minutes to any time. If I set it off before work, the 8 hours cooking time and 30 minute warm time is up before I get home from work.

Louise asked on Apr 20, 2017

Answer this

I found mine kept turning off even if it was half full, so I was unable to program mine whilst away

See all 126 questions about Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200