MPNs: 35912441 and BPR700BSS

A great cooker when the lid seals correctly

I was really excited to buy this pressure cooker, especially as it has multiple functions including pressure cooking and slow cooking, as well as sear/saute functions to brown meat and increase flavour.
I am now on my second cooker, having had to return the first one due to a "lid not sealed" error which kept happening. This was an incredibly frustrating error, as it would always look like the cooker was building up to pressure, and then it would give a (very quiet) few beeps to let you know the cooking had stopped. In one case it took almost 4 hours to finish my meal (I probably should have used the slow cooking function instead). That being said, my second version of this cooker has been much better. Although I do still occasionally get this error, it is much rarer, and there are a couple of ways to ensure it's unlikely to happen- make sure the nut is screwed tightly on the lid, that the lid seal is clean and in place, and that the circular "knob" is visible in the hole in the lid when you lock it into place. Also, having enough liquid and using hot liquid is also better and making sure it gets up to pressure. One tip I saw on the fast slow pro facebook page is to close the lid after the "saute" or "sear" function- it should tell you to open the lid and this means it's sealed properly, so immediately change the function to pressure cook at this stage. Avoiding this error does mean that I often put more liquid than I would like to in the cooker, but there is a handy "reduce" function with a timer so that you can reduce for 10 minutes to bring the liquid volume down.

The cooker itself is very simple to use with turn-dials and has many presets which I love. I regularly use the sear function to brown meat and have cooked some great shredded beef/pork in it (I use the casserole function), chicken stock as well as risottos (which was great and so much easier than stirring on the stove top). I've also cooked Japanese curry and massaman curries. All meals turned out delicious. I've only used the slow cooker function once and I wasn't a big fan- the meat was actually tough so i'm not sure if I did something wrong. I've heard the slow cooker isn't quite as good as a traditional one, as the lid seals too much and liquid doesn't evaporate quite the same.

Clean up of the cooker is really easy, I just take the insert out and put it straight in the dishwasher. The rubber seal does retain some smell of the previous meals but it's not too bothersome.

Overall I would highly recommend the fast slow pro.

Purchased at David Jones for $220.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Best appliance in my kitchen.

My Breville Fast Slow pressure cooker is my favourite kitchen appliance! I use it to make stock, risotto, stews, cook dried chickpeas without pre soaking them, and even rice. I very rarely use the slow function as the pressure cooker saves time, energy and doesn't generate lots of steam to fog up my kitchen. My son (aged 23) has lived in the San Francisco for 6 months and missed it so much he bought an Instapot (US brand of electric pressure cooker) that he said was very inferior. The Breville Fast Slow Pro saves me money too as I cook in bulk and then freeze leftovers. I have learnt when to adjust the presets (a whole chook just needs 23 mins on "pot roast") , but most of the settings are spot on. Love it!

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $465.00.

A must have Appliance

I've had mine for a number of years now and have been so impressed with how well the food comes out.

Pros
-Its really versatile, with the various slow and pressure cooking options. They've come in handy when I've forgotten to start dinner early in the morning.
-No additional mess with searing or reducing in another pan/fry pan
-Rice comes out beautifully and would make a great replacement for a rice cooker
-easy to use
-easy to clean

Cons
-I've experienced ongoing challenges with it sealing for pressure cooking delaying the cook time by 3mins, so you cannot walk away until you're sure that the lid has sealed and the pressure is building for cooking.
-it does retain some smells after cooking and washing but these don't seem to taint the next meal

I am a foodie at heart and have cooked a variety of stews/curies, roast lamb (far better in the slow cooker than our oven), fudge, rice with the device and have been really happy with the results of everything I've cooked

Purchased in January 2016 at Stan Cash.

Love this thing!

This makes fantastic soups, risotto, and spaghetti bolognese sauce. Heaps of capacity to make dinner and leftovers for another night. The controls are simple to use and you can sear the meat first before using the pressure cooker. The cord comes out and can be stored inside the cooker when not in use.
I was a bit afraid to use a pressure cooker, but this has so many safety features that I am now comfortable to use it no worries.

It has preset options for different types of cooking that makes it really easy for someone who has not used to a pressure cooker and also you can customise the settings as you get more confident.

The machine itself is very well made, solid and robust.
It’s used a lot in winter!

Purchased in July 2018 at David Jones for $349.00.

Awesome Meat Cooking & Time Saving - Game Changer

We've pressure cooked Massaman beef curry, Lamb Shanks, Beef Ribs and Carrots as well as Pulled Pork ( Carnitas) all in just a week and every dish has been so flavoursome and cooked to perfection within an hour! How did we live without this?! Searing and saute function work really well. Will use steaming and slow cooker next week but cannot imagine that won't be excellent and easy too. Clean up is simple and love the safety features.Easy to use controls which you can use as pre set or adjust manually to suit. Only downside is that the lid seal picks up cooking smells, will need to buy several seals at $6 each to manage that small downside. Definitely recommend it!

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $260.00.

Product is used: Several times a week

Two years in and we're still friends

I have a small kitchen and this has become my multitasker … it is brilliant for stews, curries, soups, corned beef, even a whole chicken, and more.

Clean up is simple, and I noted several folks have complained about a lingering smell in the lid. That's never been a problem — just leave the lid up between uses. I also dry it down with paper towels.

Purchased in February 2017.

Product is used: Weekly

A great addition to our Kitchen

We bought this 3 weeks ago mainly because we wanted to try a pressure cooker. The slow cook/pressure combo is fantastic. Easy to use with a great preset menu, but also the ability to customise, heat and time. the risotto was awesome with the clean plates afterwards a big plus.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $289.00.

So easy to use

I finally upgraded from a slow cooker (with a ceramic base that kept cracking) . . This fast slow cooker is a slow cooker AND a fast cooker (pressure cooker) AND it sears, reduces and does lots of other stuff too.
The internal dish is metal and is perfect for searing meats, softening onion etc and it'll never crack like my old ceramic based slow cookers.
I've cooked so much stuff in this since I've had it (less than a month now)- potatoes for roasting & for gnocci. corn on the cob, risotto, soups, pulled beef, pot roasts.
It's so easy to clean and nope, there is NO smell retained in the cooker after it's washed!
I love the easy to use & read & adjust settings. It doesn't let you open the lid if there is still 'pressure' inside and if there is still some pressure, you just tap a button to release it and then you can hear the lid 'unlock' so you can then open it without fear of explosions!
I'm so glad I bought this!

Purchased in July 2019.

Product is used: Daily

Great kitchen gadget

Purchased one from a recent Myer's sale. Its been very useful when you need food cooked quicker than usual. Have done from pasta, hainanese chicken rice to stew in it, everything has been easy and hassle free to make. I did run into a few issues which aren't mentioned clearly in the manual, so a few tips for new users:
- once lid is closed, there is no need to push down with any force on it as it'll automatically seal shut itself evenly. If you did force it, you might find yourself with a "Lid not sealed" error after the 10-20mins warm up. Don't waste your time.
- if the lid won't open after timer is done and all steam/pressure seems to have been released, take a pen or similar and push down on the pen-hole sized valve on the right of the lid. This is the valve which needs to be aligned correctly when lid is closed. Valve can get stuck and could still have more steam inside. Proceed to purge steam. Got this tip from the Brevillle 1300 line.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer Online Store.

DO NOT BUY

This product worked fine until a few months after the warranty was up. Just over two years. Then we turned it on one day and it displayed an EO message. We phoned Breville who say it is not a fixable problem. NOTHING happened. It didn't make a sound prior to this message, it had no prior issues. It just stopped working! They offered us a small discount to buy another one, why would I bother just so it can break for no reason again. UNACCEPTABLE. I'm now concerned that my coffee machine with a similar display will decide to stop working. We won't buy Breville again.

Purchased in June 2017 at Myer for $440.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Fantastic pressure cooker but didn't last very long

The Fast Slow Pro is as great as everybody says, but ours started gradually failing after 2 years. The electronics and element were solid, but the seals in the lid became leaky and the dials on the front became sticky and hard to use. In fairness we use it nearly every day so it may have been getting more of a workout than most appliances.

Breville is quite good for supplying spare parts at reasonable prices, I replaced all the seals at a fairly low cost, which helped for a bit but eventually it started taking too long to build pressure. Breville supply a whole lid replacement but it is expensive and combined with the issue with the dials it didn't seem worth it.

We like it enough that we decided to replace it, this time I invested in an extended warranty from the retailer.

Purchased in January 2018.

Product is used: Daily

Great Pressure Cooker

I've been using this pressure cooker for more than two years now and it's been great for infusing flavour in to many dishes. Even pasta sauce benefit from a short 15 minutes. Better than simmering.

Purchased in March 2017.

Bit of a learning curve here ...

A pressure cooker wasn’t something in my wish list. But after a couple of false starts (problems with sealing for pressure-cooking delaying meals) I’m warming to it.

I like slow cooking and have 3 ceramic insert slow cookers in 3 sizes and 1 large sear & slow cooker. However, my teen wanted a pressure cooker for speed, and as I’m all for encouraging his interest in cooking (& cooking more family meals!) we went shopping for a multi-cooker after reviewing this site.

I wanted a quality product closer to the $100 price tag, but after examining all the multi-cookers we upped our budget. What won us over to this model was the sturdy construction esp the metal lid. Most others were lightweight & plasticky making me imagine lids popping off under pressure and spraying beef casserole on the ceiling!

The pluses:
- The cookbook provided was pretty decent, providing ideas and guidelines for tweaking and converting family recipes for pressure cooking.
- The control panel on the cooker is pretty intuitive, offering both pre-programmed settings and manual settings for custom requirements.
- Sturdy stainless steel construction with a decent non-stick pot that can be thrown into the dishwasher. However, the pot cleans very easily so I hand wash this to help preserve the non-stick coating.
- Lid is easy to undo (unscrew the centre knob under the lid) and the metal lid cleans easily under the tap.
- Very simple to use. Prep ingredients (Sear, sauté etc using inbuilt functions), add seasoning and liquids, close lid, choose Pressure cooking and type of dish e.g. casserole. The rest is automated.

The minuses:
- Pot and seal retains odours despite careful and repeated cleaning.
- Sear and sauté temperatures seem to be on the low side.
- Can be fiddly when pressure-cooking. Will it or won’t it seal? Will we actually have dinner?
- Control panel & buttons seem rather flimsy.
- Take the hype about speed with a large pinch of salt - prepping takes the usual amount of time, and pressurising and de-pressurising does takes time too!

Recipes we have cooked so far include the beef and Guinness pie from the included cookbook, Japanese rolled pork belly braise and an Italian pork ragu. All have turned out well as pressure cooking casseroles seem to deliver a more intense flavour.

Another key lesson we learned is to take extra time fitting the seal and securing the lid after cleaning, AND run a pre-flight check on the seal and the central nut securing the lid before we start prep. These 2 items are the source of the “fails” in pressurising. Better to spend a few minutes after washing up and another few minutes before cooking than to risk frustration and dinner delayed by hours!

Purchased in April 2019 at Myer for $260.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Love the variability of different meal settings, locking mechanism and aesthetics - but cant wash lid under tap!

I bought this as an upgrade from a simple one that only had a few settings. I've had a pressure cooker for a few years. I am vehemently opposed to spending $2000 + on a Thermomix when with a little effort you can do many of these functions with a multi cooker like this. I therefore decided to upgrade to a machine that had more variability in its functions, and could fast and slow cook.

On the plus side, I love the aesthetics, the locking function and depressurisation is good. The ability to select the meal is very good - and it automatically applies the pressure and time you need.

There are two big negatives in my view

1. Washing the lid is a big drama - you have to try your best to wash it with a cloth and then run a pressure (I use the rice cycle) to clean it with steam. The lid should be removable to clean it under the tap. This is really unhygenic and impractical. It could also lead to the lid snapping off - as its quite heavy

2. The saute function is too low - it doesn't heat up as much as my old Kambrook, and I find this annoying.

One other negative I find is that the preheating takes a long time before it builds up to pressure. This might be the same reason that the saute function is very weak

I have found its best to preheat stock in a saucepan, if I'm in a rush

I find this disappointing as my old one which is less than half the price didn't have this issue.

Overall, because I bought this at the clearance outlet (as a brand new item) for $250 I can live with its short comings. I was very happy with the quality of the meals that came out of it

The recipes in the book are a bit limited - it would be good to have an online pressure cook recipe portal.

August 4th 2019 Update: Fiddly, very poor lid design, and unreliable
I've had it about two months now. The lid is very poorly designed. You cannot take it off to wash for once, but also - the saute function (which is critical for a lot of recipes) will not work without getting the lid to be in a very precise position. Because of the weight of the lid - it easily turns off the saute function without you knowing

I have also found it turn off cooking halfway through cooking.

My old sunbeam (half the price) was much simpler, I'm very disappointed I purchased this and gave my sunbeam away. Its just not worth the premium price

Purchased in May 2019 at Breville Outlet for $249.00.

Absolute Breville Rubbish

Purchased this cooker about 12 months ago, I really wanted it to work. But it's very unreliable, won't always create a seal when using it for pressure cooking. Have tried various recipes, from different cookbooks, sometimes the cooker works as expected, more often it doesn't. It's frustrating and time wasting when the pressure cooker doesn't build pressure. Another kitchen gadget only good for the rubbish bin. Would advise to buy something else. Complete rubbish.

Purchased in April 2018 at Myer for $279.00.

Product is used: Weekly

one of the few kitchen appliances I use all the time

Ive had this appliance for about 6 months now. At first I did have problems with the sealing, but that was due to my laziness in not washing the lid as often as I should do, and if I think it's not sealing I just wiggle the little button to make sure it can move up and down (recommend you do this at the start of cooking)!
I'd say that I'm not sure if it cuts the cooking time down if you are doing meat, then adding veg etc afterwards for a one pot meal (carrots are soft as a babies bum by 5 mins and require no teeth to eat), but you can walk away from the machine and do something else which is where time is gained. if I had more than one pressure cooker so I could set them off at different times dinner would be fast, but waiting for the steam to be released and then come to pressure again means its not so fast on those occasions.
I've never used the slow cooker yet, but I can see how it might work with slow cooking meat over night then pressure cooking the veg when you get back from work.
I must admit I don't bother much with the recipes, a bit of common sense helps i.e. if it cuts the cooking time down to a third put the timer on for about a 1/3 of what you'd normally do. You do get loads of liquid so use less or use the reduce mode.
The cooker has become a necessary camping appliance, nothing like a hot casserole on miserable day in a tent!
The rubber ring does retain smells, but I presume all of them do so worth looking out for a new one if you plan on doing sweets. great that the lid comes off and is easy to clean.
I've cooked curries, Chinese, casseroles, pot roasts, poached pears (way easier than in a pan), braised cabbage etc in this. I find the reduce function excellent.

Purchased in October 2018 for $299.00.

Loving this since 2016!

Bought this back in Sept 2016 and have been using it a couple times a week sometimes daily. I've never had problems with sealing/lid pressure cooking. Sometimes might need to fiddle with the lid but it is very seldom. The only problem I have with it is that the pot developed holes/pits very early on and scratches easily. Would love a stainless pot option. Otherwise I really love this cooker and can't do without now.

Purchased in September 2016 at Myer Online Store for $280.00.

Crap Product

This is one of the worst products I have ever bought. It was great to start with, but now doesn't work for the intended purpose. Pressure cooker does not work.

Purchased in October 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $349.00.

Too early to say

Have been tempted many, many times to buy one of these. I was worried with some very bad reviews regarding the sealing and the failure in some instances, buy more importantly, the statements about Breville service. This last part was a big no go for me and I hope that it does not happen to me.
So, after this introduction let's get into details. I am en electronic engineer, ultra corrosive and sarcastic. Been in sales for 34 years, CUSTOMERS PAY THE BILLS. So, I hope if something goes wrong, Breville will come to the party..............just in case.

I purchase the unit and so far, being almost middle of January, I only used this twice, hence it is why I entitled this, Too early to say.
Instructions are somehow ok and using the product is somehow not that bad, BUT:

1) The recommended cooking times in both books, instructions and recipe are totally screw up, big time, I think.
2) Heston Blumenthal recipe book is ok and this is where I will start to prove that the cooking times are F up.

Heston's recipe in Chicken Adobo calls for 60Kpa and 15 minutes casserole cooking of chicken, He is, of course totally correct. BUT... cooking settings in other pages, which totally coincide with the manual... and the settings for casserole in the appliance itself... 80KPA and 1 hour!!! So, what is this all about???
I modified Heston's Chicken Adobo, last night, by using the same amount and type of chicken (but almost, because was boneless) tomato paste and half cup of wine (white), calamata olives, garlic and yellow onion. Reduce timing to 11 minutes (because no bones) and kept the 60KPA...perfect.
So, had I left the casserole to 80KPA and 1 hours, then I would have need an atomic molecule reconstruction???
I have spent many hours googling recipes and no one in pressure cookers has a casserole time for things similar, even with the aggregate or carrots and other things. The max I can find is 20 minutes!!!!

3) Manual says that at the end of the Preheating a sound will come... no sounds, never.
4) When all seems ended and LCD goes blue, no always you can open, but this is heat internal and pressure built. You can do this by manually pressing the steam button and at the same time open. Otherwise the heat creates back the pressure too quick and you cannot open.

Time will tell, so far the quality of the food delivered is why I give the 4 stars and since I have, and hope not provided what people say is genuine, no technical dramas to need Breville "help"; then all is sweet.

I would have loved to give 5 stars, but I am cautious at this stage.

Breville: if you happen to read this, the majority of us are not Heston, revise manual and cooking times, Yes, I know it is generic but... but, it is very dangerous, I think.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Time saving, flavoursome cooking, Money saving long term.

I purchased this multi cooker recently and I am very happy with it. I could have purchased cheaper models that are probably as good, however this is the only one with a baked on ceramic bowl, I did not want aTeflon coated bowl.

The Philips Multi cooker has a stainless steel bowl that can be bought direct from Philips separately, however the store staff at Harvey Norman, Bing Lee, The Good Guys etc, had no knowledge of it.
This one took me a few days to work out how to use it because none of these cookers come with a decent manual or cook book, the recipe book is absolutely minimal, however if you are patient you will work it out.

The food tastes great, I love the sear feature to brown the meat before pressure cooking or slow cooking it.
Over all I am very happy with this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2018