Breville Fast Slow Pro BPR700

Breville Fast Slow Pro BPR700

MPNs: 35912441 and BPR700BSS

Slow Cookers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of slow cooker would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.2

R.Ngt

R.NgtGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exceeded my expectations!

This is one incredible machine! I’m generally an old school one where i prefer a stovetop pressure cooker and after reading reviews and doing my research, this by far is the best pressure cooker out in the market. hands down! so versatile, plenty of options and extremely smart! Everything is preset and can also be altered as well very simple.

Buttons are very straightforward, user friendly and not confusing! i absolutely love this baby and i highly recommend it!! Ive been telling my friends and family to get themselves one!!

Not to mention, the cleaning is so easy compared to a traditional stovetop pressure cooker! Thank you Breville!!!

Purchased at Myer for A$250.00.

Product is used Monthly

Looks great, but fails to build pressure on original AND replacement units!

Purchased in June 2020 at Bing Lee for A$220.00.

JAMSydney, NSW

My new favourite kitchen appliance.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$240.00.

Mark T.South East Queensland, QLD

Can’t get replacement parts

Loved the cooker until after about 18 months the cooker displayed an error message. I took it to be a breville service repair centre in Brisbane. Advised it was a sensor and they would order the part from Breville. It has been now 3 months and still can’t get the sensor. There aftersales service is very ordinary.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$350.00.

Delwyn

DelwynMid North Coast, NSW

Replacement of machine with excellent customer service.

My appliance suddenly had an EO message. I phoned Breville, It was immediately replaced with a new machine, Many thanks Breville, I would not hesitate to buy another of your appliances now.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$279.00.

shine

shineSydney, NSW

What's the problem for Pressure Cooker model: BPR700 BSS?

I bought this pressure cooker Modle BPR700 BSS a year and a half ago, but I used it for about 2 months only. Now after setting a cooking program and press to start, it appeared "EU". Called to Breville service was told it was out service warranty and offered me to a new set with $220?

Purchased in June 2018 for A$259.00.

Product is used Rarely

Joseph Leeton

Joseph LeetonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic B

Bought this little gem a few months ago.
Very easy to use and the instructions are adequate. Far cheaper than the Thermomix. There are preset programs or you simply use the manual settings. The foot print is small. You have many options including sautée,steam,slow cooker and pressure cooker. The only criticism I have is that it would be nice to a better recipe book.

janet

janetmelbourne

I cannot use it because the lining is non stick. I could not return the gift. It’s. heartbreaking..

Purchased in April 2019 for A$350.00.

Product is used Rarely
Not a fan

Not a fanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One pot wonder

I am not an organized person. So when I want to make a slow cooker recipe and I realise I dont have all day to cook it but have already started it I can switch to the pressure cooker no problem. I love this machine. I make a heap of different dishes (usually with way more vegetables than meat so my kids are being packed with goodness). It is easy to use, easy to clean, and I can brown, cook, and reduce all in the same machine.
I reckon it would go head to head with a thermomix but for the fraction of the price (except it doesnt blend).

Purchased in August 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Oxana

OxanaSydney, NSW

Hate an love it. Going to replace.

I had the cooker for a few years now.
So far it functions well ( so love it ) however with the time the pot gets chipped and inner layers get exposed. ( Hate the fact that my kids/me ate all that pieces of ceramic ). I've bought two replacements already and the last one got chipped as well.
Decided to replace with a quality steel one.

Purchased in February 2016 for A$250.00.

Jay Lee

Jay LeePerth, WA

Almost perfect

We have had this unit for over 3 years I think.
We absolutely love it.

Our only issue is the silicone gasket regularly doesn't seal, even with brand new ones.

We pressure cook and slow cook mainly.

Purchased in July 2016 for A$300.00.

A Lim

A LimSydney, NSW

Needs a stainless steel pot/bowl

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones for A$239.00.

Product is used Daily
Amanda99

Amanda99South East Queensland, QLD

A great cooker when the lid seals correctly

Purchased at David Jones for A$220.00.

KW

KW

Best appliance in my kitchen.

My Breville Fast Slow pressure cooker is my favourite kitchen appliance! I use it to make stock, risotto, stews, cook dried chickpeas without pre soaking them, and even rice. I very rarely use the slow function as the pressure cooker saves time, energy and doesn't generate lots of steam to fog up my kitchen. My son (aged 23) has lived in the San Francisco for 6 months and missed it so much he bought an Instapot (US brand of electric pressure cooker) that he said was very inferior. The Breville Fast Slow Pro saves me money too as I cook in bulk and then freeze leftovers. I have learnt when to adjust the presets (a whole chook just needs 23 mins on "pot roast") , but most of the settings are spot on. Love it!

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$465.00.

Birdie

Birdie

A must have Appliance

Purchased in January 2016 at Stan Cash.

Sandi

SandiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this thing!

This makes fantastic soups, risotto, and spaghetti bolognese sauce. Heaps of capacity to make dinner and leftovers for another night. The controls are simple to use and you can sear the meat first before using the pressure cooker. The cord comes out and can be stored inside the cooker when not in use.
I was a bit afraid to use a pressure cooker, but this has so many safety features that I am now comfortable to use it no worries.

It has preset options for different types of cooking that makes it really easy for someone who has not used to a pressure cooker and also you can customise the settings as you get more confident.

The machine itself is very well made, solid and robust.
It’s used a lot in winter!

Purchased in July 2018 at David Jones for A$349.00.

alexcjwalsh

alexcjwalshSydney, NSW

Awesome Meat Cooking & Time Saving - Game Changer

We've pressure cooked Massaman beef curry, Lamb Shanks, Beef Ribs and Carrots as well as Pulled Pork ( Carnitas) all in just a week and every dish has been so flavoursome and cooked to perfection within an hour! How did we live without this?! Searing and saute function work really well. Will use steaming and slow cooker next week but cannot imagine that won't be excellent and easy too. Clean up is simple and love the safety features.Easy to use controls which you can use as pre set or adjust manually to suit. Only downside is that the lid seal picks up cooking smells, will need to buy several seals at $6 each to manage that small downside. Definitely recommend it!

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$260.00.

Tastiger

TastigerSouth-East, TAS

Two years in and we're still friends

I have a small kitchen and this has become my multitasker … it is brilliant for stews, curries, soups, corned beef, even a whole chicken, and more.

Clean up is simple, and I noted several folks have complained about a lingering smell in the lid. That's never been a problem — just leave the lid up between uses. I also dry it down with paper towels.

Purchased in February 2017.

Smarty

Smarty

A great addition to our Kitchen

We bought this 3 weeks ago mainly because we wanted to try a pressure cooker. The slow cook/pressure combo is fantastic. Easy to use with a great preset menu, but also the ability to customise, heat and time. the risotto was awesome with the clean plates afterwards a big plus.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$289.00.

Rie

RieHobart, TAS

So easy to use

Purchased in July 2019.

Product is used Daily

Mal J.

Mal J.asked

Bought this machine 3 months ago and its fantastic. It Does everything its meant to, n easy to use after a quick read of the instructions. My issue is that after the first use its stinks like nothing ive smelt in ages.
We cooked apricot chicken and its like a mixed smell of new use appliance off food n burning rubber.
It's like the rubber seal and the tub coating are letting out an awful stench thats mixing with the food.
The first meal was inedible and a few subsequent meals the same. I assumed after a use or 2 it would settle, but It's not getting any better. Also washing the bowl like 5 times its still greasy n smells. Used Vinegar, lemon, empty on pressure, clean n soaked seal n tub overnight. Still Bad...
Any Ideas? Please as Its winter and I used my old cooker every other day with no issue.
Help please.

JAM

I agree with what you have said, I still notice the smell of one of the early meals I've cooked in the cooking bowl and seal. I haven't noticed it affecting my meals or maybe I'm used to it. I tried soaking overnight in lemon juice but have had no luck. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Brew

Brewasked

I am using slow cooking on the BPR700 for the first time. As part of the instructions it says to remove the pressure relief valve but doesn't show you how. I started slow cooking, as time was ticking, without locking the lid but with pressure relief valve still in place. Any clues?

Viivienne A.asked

In a hurry last night I tipped half a cup of water into the cooker, not the insert bowl. It ran down through the machine and onto my bench top.
Is there any way of saving the machine?

Mark T.

Sorry to hear that. Not I’m aware of. I am not sure why my appliances sensor malfunctioned. I eventually rang breville instead of emailing them. They agreed to replace the appliance free of charge. A new one arrived in 5 days.

Viivienne A.

I left the machine for a few days, sat it on its side, upside down, every which way. Removed the base and gently with a hair dryer, removed some of the moisture. Worked perfectly last night. Would not even know I drowned the machine.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives