Breville Fast Slow Pro BPR700

Breville Fast Slow Pro BPR700

MPNs: 3062, 35912441 and BPR700BSS

You think pressure is building but half an hour later the machine tells you to seal the lid

I bought this mainly as a pressure cooker. I cook casseroles mainly. However much care and force that I use to close the lid, in about 70% of uses the lid fails after half an hour of waiting. Don't buy this if you want a pressure cooker. It always smells whatever I do. I would never use it to cook sweet food.

Purchased in December 2018 for $1.00.

tronnySydney, NSW

Both broke, one on first use

Great machine, when it works. My first one died after less than two months. My second one died on its first use. Breville just ended up giving me my money back.

Purchased in August 2020 for $190.00.

Elle

ElleAustralia

Is it just my model or so they all suffer with a lid sensor problem?

Purchased in July 2017 for $325.00.

R.Ngt

R.NgtGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exceeded my expectations!

This is one incredible machine! I’m generally an old school one where i prefer a stovetop pressure cooker and after reading reviews and doing my research, this by far is the best pressure cooker out in the market. hands down! so versatile, plenty of options and extremely smart! Everything is preset and can also be altered as well very simple.

Buttons are very straightforward, user friendly and not confusing! i absolutely love this baby and i highly recommend it!! Ive been telling my friends and family to get themselves one!!

Not to mention, the cleaning is so easy compared to a traditional stovetop pressure cooker! Thank you Breville!!!

Purchased at Myer for $250.00.

Product is usedMonthly

Looks great, but fails to build pressure on original AND replacement units!

Purchased in June 2020 at Bing Lee for $220.00.

JAM

JAMSydney, NSW

My new favourite kitchen appliance.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $240.00.

Mark T.

Mark T.South East Queensland, QLD

Can’t get replacement parts

Loved the cooker until after about 18 months the cooker displayed an error message. I took it to be a breville service repair centre in Brisbane. Advised it was a sensor and they would order the part from Breville. It has been now 3 months and still can’t get the sensor. There aftersales service is very ordinary.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $350.00.

Delwyn

DelwynMid North Coast, NSW

Replacement of machine with excellent customer service.

My appliance suddenly had an EO message. I phoned Breville, It was immediately replaced with a new machine, Many thanks Breville, I would not hesitate to buy another of your appliances now.

Purchased in October 2018 for $279.00.

shine

shineSydney, NSW

What's the problem for Pressure Cooker model: BPR700 BSS?

I bought this pressure cooker Modle BPR700 BSS a year and a half ago, but I used it for about 2 months only. Now after setting a cooking program and press to start, it appeared "EU". Called to Breville service was told it was out service warranty and offered me to a new set with $220?

Purchased in June 2018 for $259.00.

Joseph Leeton

Joseph LeetonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic B

Bought this little gem a few months ago.
Very easy to use and the instructions are adequate. Far cheaper than the Thermomix. There are preset programs or you simply use the manual settings. The foot print is small. You have many options including sautée,steam,slow cooker and pressure cooker. The only criticism I have is that it would be nice to a better recipe book.

janet

janetmelbourne

I cannot use it because the lining is non stick. I could not return the gift. It’s. heartbreaking..

Purchased in April 2019 for $350.00.

Not a fan

Not a fanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One pot wonder

I am not an organized person. So when I want to make a slow cooker recipe and I realise I dont have all day to cook it but have already started it I can switch to the pressure cooker no problem. I love this machine. I make a heap of different dishes (usually with way more vegetables than meat so my kids are being packed with goodness). It is easy to use, easy to clean, and I can brown, cook, and reduce all in the same machine.
I reckon it would go head to head with a thermomix but for the fraction of the price (except it doesnt blend).

Purchased in August 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Oxana

OxanaSydney, NSW

Hate an love it. Going to replace.

I had the cooker for a few years now.
So far it functions well ( so love it ) however with the time the pot gets chipped and inner layers get exposed. ( Hate the fact that my kids/me ate all that pieces of ceramic ). I've bought two replacements already and the last one got chipped as well.
Decided to replace with a quality steel one.

Purchased in February 2016 for $250.00.

Jay Lee

Jay LeePerth, WA

Almost perfect

We have had this unit for over 3 years I think.
We absolutely love it.

Our only issue is the silicone gasket regularly doesn't seal, even with brand new ones.

We pressure cook and slow cook mainly.

Purchased in July 2016 for $300.00.

A Lim

A LimSydney, NSW

Needs a stainless steel pot/bowl

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones for $239.00.

Product is usedDaily

Amanda99

Amanda99South East Queensland, QLD

A great cooker when the lid seals correctly

Purchased at David Jones for $220.00.

KW

KW

Best appliance in my kitchen.

My Breville Fast Slow pressure cooker is my favourite kitchen appliance! I use it to make stock, risotto, stews, cook dried chickpeas without pre soaking them, and even rice. I very rarely use the slow function as the pressure cooker saves time, energy and doesn't generate lots of steam to fog up my kitchen. My son (aged 23) has lived in the San Francisco for 6 months and missed it so much he bought an Instapot (US brand of electric pressure cooker) that he said was very inferior. The Breville Fast Slow Pro saves me money too as I cook in bulk and then freeze leftovers. I have learnt when to adjust the presets (a whole chook just needs 23 mins on "pot roast") , but most of the settings are spot on. Love it!

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $465.00.

Birdie

Birdie

A must have Appliance

Purchased in January 2016 at Stan Cash.

Sandi

SandiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this thing!

This makes fantastic soups, risotto, and spaghetti bolognese sauce. Heaps of capacity to make dinner and leftovers for another night. The controls are simple to use and you can sear the meat first before using the pressure cooker. The cord comes out and can be stored inside the cooker when not in use.
I was a bit afraid to use a pressure cooker, but this has so many safety features that I am now comfortable to use it no worries.

It has preset options for different types of cooking that makes it really easy for someone who has not used to a pressure cooker and also you can customise the settings as you get more confident.

The machine itself is very well made, solid and robust.
It’s used a lot in winter!

Purchased in July 2018 at David Jones for $349.00.

alexcjwalsh

alexcjwalshSydney, NSW

Awesome Meat Cooking & Time Saving - Game Changer

We've pressure cooked Massaman beef curry, Lamb Shanks, Beef Ribs and Carrots as well as Pulled Pork ( Carnitas) all in just a week and every dish has been so flavoursome and cooked to perfection within an hour! How did we live without this?! Searing and saute function work really well. Will use steaming and slow cooker next week but cannot imagine that won't be excellent and easy too. Clean up is simple and love the safety features.Easy to use controls which you can use as pre set or adjust manually to suit. Only downside is that the lid seal picks up cooking smells, will need to buy several seals at $6 each to manage that small downside. Definitely recommend it!

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $260.00.

Jom

Jomasked

I used mine the other day and prepared a meal using sear setting then slow cooked for 4 hours. I’d noticed a burning smell but decided it was my oven not the fast slow pot. When it finished cooking, the meal was cooked but not as hot as it is usually is. When I cleaned up I realised there where two bay leaves on the bottom of the inserted pot that were directly on the element. They had burned very badly. I cleaned the inside with a damp cloth. Today I got it out to do another meal and it wouldn’t get hot on the sear setting? I waited 10 minutes or so and it didn’t get warm at all? Did I some how burn out the element or something?

JACKIE BROWNE
JACKIE BROWNE

I'm not the right one to ask. I only use the pressure cooker aspect and it's brilliant now I've fully understood about lining up the little circle in the release valve. I think you have damaged the element and should get back to the manufacturer as bay leaves between the cook pot and element may not be the best plan. Best of luck and cut out bay leaves.

Yeah ask Breville

marian.zaremba

marian.zarembaasked

Using BPR700 for the first time we mistakenly put water+chickpeas inside - without the cooking bowl.
we emptied and dried inside, but there must be some moisture left. Will leving it open for a few days/a week dry everything enough to be safe to use it?
Suggestions?

Margaret

Margaretasked

My inner pot is stuck and won't come out! What do I do?

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategorySlow Cookers and Pressure Cookers