Breville the Fast Slow Pro BPR700

Breville the Fast Slow Pro BPR700

MPNs: 3062, 35912441 and BPR700BSS
Listing monitored by Breville

Pros

• Convenient one-touch cooking

• Can set-and-forget

• Easy to use and clean

Cons

• Lid sometimes doesn’t seal properly

Broke down after 2 years light home use

Used this cooker about 2 times a month for 2 years, then the element stopped heating. Cant be repaired. Breville offered 30% discount of RRP for cheaper model, which i declined. This is a terrible lifespan for a premium product.

Purchased in December 2018.

Charlotte RPerth, WA

Outstanding product - used heavily for about 2 years now

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $350.00.

Lety B.
Lety B.Sydney, NSW

We love this Breville at home. I have 2 :D

The best Pressure cooker ever. I had problem with my "fancy one" from another brand and decided to try this one. I know it is not cheap, but worth the price, Love the fast release also is easy to clean. I fall in love and now I have 2.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics.

Pressure Cookers

Find out how Breville the Fast Slow Pro BPR700 compares to other Pressure Cookers

Rosemary N
Rosemary NAU

Failed after 1 year and 4 months

The product failed to power on after 1 year and 4 months. Breville refused to replaceor repair it. It is gutted as the machine is one of the most expensive on the market. It costs 400 at the time of purchase. Not happy at all.

Purchased in December 2019 for $399.00.

You think pressure is building but half an hour later the machine tells you to seal the lid

I bought this mainly as a pressure cooker. I cook casseroles mainly. However much care and force that I use to close the lid, in about 70% of uses the lid fails after half an hour of waiting. Don't buy this if you want a pressure cooker. It always smells whatever I do. I would never use it to cook sweet food.

Purchased in December 2018 for $1.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
tronny
tronnySydney, NSW

Both broke, one on first use

Great machine, when it works. My first one died after less than two months. My second one died on its first use. Breville just ended up giving me my money back.

Purchased in August 2020 for $190.00.

Elle
ElleAustralia

Is it just my model or so they all suffer with a lid sensor problem?

Purchased in July 2017 for $325.00.

R.Ngt
R.NgtGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exceeded my expectations!

This is one incredible machine! I’m generally an old school one where i prefer a stovetop pressure cooker and after reading reviews and doing my research, this by far is the best pressure cooker out in the market. hands down! so versatile, plenty of options and extremely smart! Everything is preset and can also be altered as well very simple.

Buttons are very straightforward, user friendly and not confusing! i absolutely love this baby and i highly recommend it!! Ive been telling my friends and family to get themselves one!!

Not to mention, the cleaning is so easy compared to a traditional stovetop pressure cooker! Thank you Breville!!!

Purchased at Myer for $250.00.

Looks great, but fails to build pressure on original AND replacement units!

Purchased in June 2020 at Bing Lee for $220.00.

JAM
JAMSydney, NSW

My new favourite kitchen appliance.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $240.00.

Mark T.
Mark T.South East Queensland, QLD

Can’t get replacement parts

Loved the cooker until after about 18 months the cooker displayed an error message. I took it to be a breville service repair centre in Brisbane. Advised it was a sensor and they would order the part from Breville. It has been now 3 months and still can’t get the sensor. There aftersales service is very ordinary.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $350.00.

Pressurising Speed
Product is used Weekly
Delwyn
DelwynMid North Coast, NSW

Replacement of machine with excellent customer service.

My appliance suddenly had an EO message. I phoned Breville, It was immediately replaced with a new machine, Many thanks Breville, I would not hesitate to buy another of your appliances now.

Purchased in October 2018 for $279.00.

shine
shineSydney, NSW

What's the problem for Pressure Cooker model: BPR700 BSS?

I bought this pressure cooker Modle BPR700 BSS a year and a half ago, but I used it for about 2 months only. Now after setting a cooking program and press to start, it appeared "EU". Called to Breville service was told it was out service warranty and offered me to a new set with $220?

Purchased in June 2018 for $259.00.

Joseph Leeton
Joseph LeetonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic B

Bought this little gem a few months ago.
Very easy to use and the instructions are adequate. Far cheaper than the Thermomix. There are preset programs or you simply use the manual settings. The foot print is small. You have many options including sautée,steam,slow cooker and pressure cooker. The only criticism I have is that it would be nice to a better recipe book.

janet
janetmelbourne

I cannot use it because the lining is non stick. I could not return the gift. It’s. heartbreaking..

Purchased in April 2019 for $350.00.

Safety

Read more reviews - page 2

Francesasked

Hi, I bought my Breville Fast Slow Pro about four months ago. The first two meals were brilliant though the rubber seal (gasket?) is very hard to get in in one tight spot around the rim. The Breville now has steam escaping through the lid, and often where the nut tightens when fitting the lid after washing. I've checked the valves are all clear, rewashed them but still have steam escaping. Initially, it escapes through the normal methods and then defaults to any gap in the lid which seems wobbly. It does not sit tight to the base. I don't know what else to do.

Charlotte R

I'm guessing you have fitted everything back together incorrectly. I used this appliance for a few years and never had that problem! Maybe give Breville a call??? They should be able to help you

Frances

Thanks Charlotte. I've spoken to Breville since posting. Other people have this problem actually. It is usually a fitting problem or the rubber ring. We've gone through all the usual things on our first call. I missed a return call later that day but she kindly emailed and I'll follow up on Monday. She kindly gave me the option of returning it to the store I bought it from but thinks we can find the problem. I loved the food it produced until this problem and the best stock I'd ever made so I'm hoping a solution will be found if I am doing something basic incorrectly. I don't want to return it unless I really have to. I'll clean my glasses and make something from the recipe book that worked fine before this problem. ;) Thanks for your reply. It's actually very encouraging. Even if I do have to return it, I would have it replaced after your advice.

Stephen M.
Stephen M.asked

Are you able to cook on a stove top with the inner before putting it into the pressure cooker?

Charlotte R

Definitely NOT - but the unit has a sauce and sear function so you just do that in the same pot in the pressure cooker but with the lid open then do the pressure cooking afterwards - one pot, such easy clean up!

Brenda S.
Brenda S.asked

Can I order a stainless steel inner pot for the breville bpr700?

See all Breville the Fast Slow Pro BPR700 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Features

• Equipped with one-touch functionality and the ability to slow cook, pressure cook, reduce, saute, sear and steam.
  • 11 pressure cook settings automatically adjust the cooking requirements to make vegetables, rice, risotto, soup, stock, beans, poultry, meat, bone-in meat, chili, stew and dessert.
  • Pressure cooking manually is also an option, using the custom setting. There are 8 pressure levels to choose from, ranging from 1.5 psi to 12 psi.
  • A range of slow cooking settings offer low, medium and high heats, and a variety of gradually increasing temperatures in-between.
  • An Auto-steam Release setting is programmed to release steam from the appliance without you having to manually release the steam. This is safer for you and your hands, as it keeps you out of the way of potentially-scalding steam. The appliance also automatically selects the correct release method, picking from Quick, Pulse or Natural.
  • The lid is completely removable and dishwasher-safe, allowing you to remove any lingering stains and smells.
  • An LCD display makes information about your meal-in-prep clearly visible. Information displayed includes a pressure indicator, temperature and countdwon timer, and steam release indicator.

Points of Praise

• This multi-cooker prepares a variety of foods to perfection, including risotto, rice, stews, roast lamb, and fudge among them.
  • Pre-set functions make cooking a breeze, while the option to use the manual settings for more manual c ontrol was also appreciated by reviewers.
  • One of the best things about this multi-cooker was the versatility of cooking functions available. Reviewers appreciated that they could do all their cooking in the one machine, if they chose to. Others stated that while they preferred slow cooking, they often forgot to start the cooking process in the morning - in which case, the speedy pressure cook function came in handy.
  • Overall, this appliance was praised as being highly user friendly. It won points from reviewers for being both easy to use and easy to clean, especially as the lid is dishwasher safe.

Points to consider

• A number of home chefs stated that they’d prefer a stainless steel inner pot instead of the ceramic-coated inner bowl, as it’s more resilient when it comes to cooking.
  • The lid doesn’t always seal correctly, and some reviewers experienced issues with this - particularly before a pressure cooking session.
CategorySlow Cookers and Pressure Cookers