The Breville The Oracle BES980 has been replaced by the newer Breville The Oracle Touch BES990 model.

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Our Coffee is better than cafes!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

After some research we decided to splurge on this machine following so many great reviews we've seen. We got an exceptional deal on a demo one, however even if we had to pay full price we would buy this machine again. We can't live without it! We can easily punch out 2 (milk based) coffees in 4 minutes, including the time it takes to clean the machine (which is mostly done itself). The coffees are always consistent and paired with our favorite coffee beans (Campos) they taste excellent, in fact it's hard to find coffee from cafes which meets ou r preferences more than the coffee this machine produces. We haven't had any issues at all with the machine, we simply maintain it by running a shot of water and an extra 5 seconds of spraying from the steam wand after each use, in addition to the cleaning cycle which pops on the screen to remind you. It very customizable to your own preferences and once you've got the set up right, it's incredibly quick and easy to use. We upgraded from a fully automatic machine which does not compare to this one in terms of quality of the coffee produced. Due yourself a favor, if you're a coffee drinker and want a quality machine, get this one!

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Don't speak to me until my first cuppa!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Used to have a Nespresso and thought it was good coffee until we had a demo at a store. We were initially considering the BES870 but the dual boiler of the BES980 won. One thing we have learnt is not to buy the supermarket beans as they aren't fresh (many others in the coffeesnob forum have confirmed this!) so get fresh coffee beans. Definitely request for the demo as the consultant showed up how to clean the machine but also tips on keeping the machine working well. We have had the machine now for 9 months and its pretty much paid for itself now (average cost of $4 per cup for 2 persons). Keep a lookout on for deals from TGG as we got ours cheap.

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great coffee machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Happy with the taste just like I brought a coffee from the coffee shop. Saving money. Very easy to clean. Happy with my purchase. It looks great on my kitchen bench. It is very easy to use and to clean. Makes great coffee for the family. Thank you. Thanks thanks

Purchased at: The Good Guys Kitchens

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Amazing Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Great machine and best tasting coffee!!
Easy to use however its not as quick as i would like it
Would still recommend to anyone that loves a cafe coffee. on par or better then all cafes I know across melbourne and that is not exaggerating! Well priced for what you get

Really great coffee.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Really easy to start making coffee - using cheat sheets that come with machine - suggest you buy small amounts of different beans and adjust the grind until your coffee taste is achieved- be prepared for failures until it's the way you like your coffee- need to not use filtered water - we are on tank and not sure of taste impact with this - but it makes nice coffee that whole family enjoys. Lots of visitors for the coffee. We were happy to save the money on the older model and happy we did. Really good demo at Harvey Norman.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Great looks with exceptional performance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Okay, so I got the black version BES980BKS and it looks amazing on the bench top. The thing is, looks don't mean much if the machine doesn't perform to your liking, and that's were this machine excels. At this price point the quality of build and outstanding consistency of the coffees that is thing can do is amazing. I mean it's easy setup to get great pouring coffee's takes not time at all. It took just 3 shots before I had the grind dialed into perfection for the beans I was using.It's early days(2 months) but the machine gets a workout every day and produces the same great coffee experience every time. Milk texture is impressive with all milks even hard to froth milks like lactose free.The white glove service with Emily in W.A. was professional and fun and she even got my 12Yo daughter making coffees now. She took me through all the menus and showed me all you need to know to keep this machine looking and working at is best. Worth the money in my opinion, and if it's on sale it's a no brainer.

Love the Oracle from Breville - highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Love this machine. I've had 2 other manual espresso machine in the past but the Oracle surpasses them both. I enjoy having the option of manual or automatic functions. I played around with settings but was grateful to have the white glove inhome training with Emily (WA) - showed me how to get the best from the machine & how to clean it. Great coffee !

SYDNEY

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2016

The best coffee every day! Better than from a cafe!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Bought this as we wanted a great coffee machine and were sick of capsule coffee... the taste was average and capsules are bad for the environment. The oracle was recommended by friends and at first I was hesitant about spending so much on a coffee machine. But I was wrong.
We now drink beautiful coffee daily.
Love the built in grinder! Easy to maintain and clean. Looks sleek on kitchen bench too.
The free in house training was fabulous. I would highly recommend this machine! Well worth the $$$!

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2017

Haven't had a coffee out since!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

We love our Oracle, its quick and easy to use. We love the timer function for it to turn on in the morning and the coffee it produces is fantastic. Having the White Glove service is exceptional, we understand the machine more and take pride in every single coffee poured!

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2016

No Regrets

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

This thing costs some major coin, lets not kid about that. My partner and I were very apprehensive spending that much money on a kitchen appliance. We both love coffee always buy coffee from the cafes and hate the waste of paper cups.

We have had the Oracle now for about 8 months and there is ZERO regrets. A loverly lady from Breville came to our house, demoed all the features and most importantly gave us all the cleaning tips (plus some free coffee). We use top quality Allpress beans normally with a steady grind level at 30. Allpress beans
cost a bit and if we are feeling tight on funds we are able to use a lesser quality bean, play with the grind level and still manage to get a good coffee out of the Oracle.

We no longer waste paper cups, save money in the long run from buying coffee and it works well with steaming Almond milk.

So happy with the Oracle! we got this with extended warranty so we are looking forward to the next 6 years of great expresso at home.

Purchased at: David Jones

This is perfect! It is exactly what I needed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

The Oracle machine is fabulous! It has everything to make a great cup of coffee. Would like to say a special thanks to the wonderful Emily from Breville for taking the time to kindly showed us how to use our machine and how to clean it properly. You are great! Such a beautiful person. You made us feel at ease and not tell us how silly we are, not knowing how to use the machine.

Bitter coffee

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

Taste of our coffee is bitter. This doesn't matter which beans we use. Costing a fortune on beans at the moment. Had a Delonghi before this one and maybe should have stayed with another one. Would love it to work correctly. How do you get one of these white glove services/lessons .

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 34 pages

Does anyone know whats going on with the steamer? Nothing comes out, and no numbers display on steam lcd. Although, it does make noise when moving the manual and auto up and down.

bunya asked on Jun 25, 2017

My oracle was bought from Harvey Norman 3 months ago. No problems at all until yesterday when we tried to switch the machine on for a morning coffee. Nothing.... completely dead. Changed the power outlet, pressed everything, looked for reset button. Nothing at all. So I now have a $2500 ornament on my kitchen bench. What to do folks????

Samskin asked on Jun 24, 2017

My Breville Oracle espresso machine displayed CLEAN ME! on the LCD screen. I have followed the cleaning instructions in the user manual. However when I powered on the machine the next day it is still displaying CLEAN ME! on the LCD. How do I clear CLEAN ME! from the displaying on the LCD until next time? The user manual has instructions on disabling the CLEAN ME! function. However I don't want to disable it completely.

Retta asked on Jun 14, 2017