Generation: 1st Gen

Avoid it post caesarian and if you want to go shopping

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

HI, I chose a bugaboo because I heard it was a top buggy brand however it was difficult to lift the baby in and out of the bassinet as I had a caesarian. The bassinet tilts and my newborn baby ended up (and still does) in a heap at the foot end. Worse still, I couldn't drive and wanted to walk to the shops and put my shopping in the basket underneath but this is inaccessible in the 'bassinet' mode. I contacted Bugaboo who said
they were aware that the underseat bassinet is hard to access in Bassinet mode (but tough luck). Ladies - buy a Stokke instead - higher (less bending on your sore belly and back) and there is a lovely storage basket underneath.

Purchased at: David Jones

Generation: 1st Gen

Does the fabric set come with the pram bugaboo

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

I think it's great love it it's easy to push easy to fold down and up easy to put in my car boot I wouldn't buy any other prams the quality is great she's just sleeps in the pram and is very comfortable so leave her to sleep I would pharse again

Adelaide, South Australia

Great Pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2016

I love my pram. Super light weight, easy to manoeuvre, good suspension. I love that baby can face me in the seat as well as the bassinet. It folds up compactly enough to fit in the boot of my Mitsubishi Mirage. I like that the sunshade comes all the way down so I don't have to peg muslin cloths over it to keep the sun out. Also you can switch the handle back which is useful in cafes. Negatives are the basket which is useless in the bassinet mode. I upgraded to this after a silver cross pioneer which tipped over. Much happier

Great Stroller!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

Super easy to use and can be used from newborn in the bassinet. my baby loves sleeping in the bassinet. Pushes so smoothly and is great for walks on pavements. Can easily be folded down in the car. However it doesn't fold in one, the bassinet has to be clicked off before folding the rest of the stroller.

Great pram

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

The pram is one of the lightest out there (9kgs), very easy to push and steer. It has fabulous suspension. We use it in crowded streets, cafes, on the beach and on grassy areas and it has never failed us. I have to carry it up to the first floor daily and find the folding mechanism (2 parts) and weight easy to handle. We are currently using the bassinet and it is a godsend - There's so much space in there and bub always has a bed. I absolutely adore the extendable hood, great for sleeping and shading from the weather. We just bought an extendab le sun canopy, which will be good for summer I think. One con is the access to the basket - it is pretty much inaccessible with the bassinet, but I think it should resolve itself once the seat is on (from about 4-6 months onwards). From what I can see, the safety harness on the seat is easy to use. I am a bit bugged that I missed out on the new leatherette handles. And please bugaboo, make a seat liner in cotton or bamboo (outer and inner), so our babies can be cool in this hot weather. Polyester and wool just do not cut it here in this heat.

Superb handling and comfy too.. After 1 whole year with this unit we are stoked

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

As a bloke, prams are supposed to be the ladies choice right.. Wrong.. we both fell for the Bugaboo Cameleon after testing out many prams. I personally love the way it handles on all forms of surfaces from shopping centres, to pavement, grass and road. Even on hard dirt/gravel it does well. Steers very well in most situations although you need to get used to its turning circle I gather, once that is achieved. Bam aisle and corridors, travelators and hallways are a breeze :) The handle is nice and height adjustable. If you're using the bassinet attachment then yes it's bulky but allows for bub to be safe and secure whilst you travel places doing what you need to do. Handy for shopping too.. the underside storage is big and the wifey loved a big nappy bag so storage was great. The way it clicks and comes together is easy ones you get it and I like the fact it can be pulled apart and washed. We a now looking for a 2nd pram as a one for her car and one for mine, we've both said we want the keep the Cameleon as the main pram and both want to have it in our our car. So we might be on the market for a 2nd hand model or have to buy something in the upper $400+ at least to get anything close to the way this feels when pushed with or without a bub on board.

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

• 1 comment
  • 3 questions
  • 3 helpful votes

Uppababy Vista is miles better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

I had one for a week and while it was a relatively smooth push, it was big in my car boot, and the shopping basket was terrible. I didn't like a lot about it to be honest and feel chameleons are a bit overrated. I much prefer the bugaboo bee.

If you're budget is able to stretch, and if you're contemplating buying a chameleon, then seriously, you'd be better off with an Uppababy Alta or Vista, which are far superior prams IMO.

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: 3rd Gen

Love the pram but very big!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2016

First time mum. I loved the Bugaboo. If I was to have another child I probably wouldn't purchase again, due to the bassinet being quite large. It takes up all of the space in the boot! (Mazda CX-5) Other than that it is a great pram. We use the bassinet for him to sleep in at night as well and purchased the stand so he loves the pram! If you have a big boot and can fit - would recommend. It is easy to maneuver and works well in grass, dirt and road.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment

Excellent! Highly recommended.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2016

I love my pram. Easy to fold and easy to put together. Not too heavy either. It maneuver through isles very well. I usually have my cup of coffee in one had and push the pram in the other hand. It is that easy.

I wish I knew about it for my first son, as I bought this for my second son. So I highly recommended.

Verified Purchase Generation: 3rd Gen

Great pram, worth the money.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

We have had our pram only for 8 weeks, but it's a great pram. The bassinet feature has been a real asset, we use our pram not only out but at home for my son to sleep in during the day.
The pram is easy to maneuver and fold up (once you know how). The build quality is fantastic too.

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Generation: 1st Gen

Amazing up to 12 months, then just good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2016

We got a Gen 1 from eBay for our newborn. Amazing! Now she's nearly 18 months now and we don't use it so much - it takes a lot of boot space in our hatch. We've bought a smaller umbrella style one. The Bugaboo still trumps for comfort and ease of pushing though.

Purchased at: eBay

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Generation: 3rd Gen

Almost there but not quite..for the price, it should be better.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2016

Have had this pram for 15 months and I'm still unsure of it, I feel that I'm constantly looking for better options but just can't find it, I have a second pram for travel (Maclaren Quest) so my issues with the Cameleon is mostly how it handles.

It is a very easy to push pram and manoeuvres really well-this is what sold me on it as I tried a lot of prams. You can't beat the suspension and how well it drives . Accessories are high quality and in my opinion well worth paying for (i have the footmuff, liner, extra sunshades, etc). Hoods clean r
eally well and easily in the wash. And so does the pram itself , it's easy to clean.

My gripe is with the front wheels, they are too small even for the city (i live in the inner city) and i find they constantly get caught on little sidewalk cracks, and don't do well on gravel or grass- you can turn the pram around and use the big front wheels , but they don't swivel so unless you are happy to push in a straight line,it's pretty useless.
The basket is my other issue with it, it is in effect useless - unless you use it with the child seat facing forward. And if you hang your bag on the pram then you can't even access it, it's a joke. I expect more for the price and the brand.

My baby just hated it from the get go, the bassinet, (she had reflux so not entirely the pram's fault!) but even though the seat is pretty upright and easy to use in cafes she's still somewhat not comfortable or happy in it. She always wants off it.
I do like that for the price you get a really nice bassinet, a really good raincover and the materials are all high quality just wish the functionality was better- thinking of getting the buffalo for bigger front wheels but it's quite a beast.

In my opinion this is NOT an all terrain pram it is barely a city one at best. I have friends with the Bee who have had the small wheels split so I"m worried this might happen to my cameleon but i barely use it as it annoys me so much . I would look for better options! even from overseas.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes