Most pathetic spread...Coles brand!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Bought Coles brand spread for the first time and should say made a BIG mistake. Its so bad even my 5 year old could feel it was not what we generally bought. Aldi spread is 100 times better. Also left review on Coles website and got confirmation email saying someone would contact me....but who cares!!! We are just customers...whose reviews n complaints mean nothing to Coles.

Best ice cream

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

The Coles brand 500ml ice creams are amazing, especially the mint cookies and cream one. Most times I shop I buy one, please don't ever stop making them!!

Redbank Plains store is excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

I have to say I have never had a problem and the staff are always friendly and will go out of their way to help. I would avoid parking undercover at off-peak hours (after dark) due to some low lives who will cause problems, but this is a concern with the shopping centre and not coles.

Small frypan

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

I purchased 2 small frypan they are the best they cook a great omelet and small amount of bacon and they where only $5 each

Tasteless - Coles Cream of Pumpkin Soup

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

Coles Cream of Pumpkin Soup ($3) - I am sorry to say that this product has no taste to it, neither creamy nor pumpkin! I tried adding salt, pepper, chilli which made it a little better but to be honest the most dull pumpkin soup I've tasted!

Cremorne

No customer care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

They ignored my complaint and after a second attempt they replied me and asked me to contact them to discuss about an issue. That's absolutely joking. Do they know how to handle customer care? It's too late now. I stopped using Coles group. There are enough alternatives to fulfill my need.

Not the best range for a large supermarket and ridiculous check-out rules

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

I have always preferred Woolworths over Coles and after moving into the city the latter brand is the closest and most convenient. Having tried the place out a few times I find the usual Coles traits in that the deals are never quite as good as the competition and shelves are often poorly stocked with numerous items sold out. The Coles Central store in Brisbane is just appallingly bad and I don't bother with that at all any more. The Coles West End branch is considerably better than the CBD store, but still a long way off Woolworths and after my last bad experience at said establishment I shall no longer be parting with my hard earned money at any Coles Store. The West End branch has the most irritating man 'supervising' shoppers in the self-service check outs. Every time I have tried to use the facility he has badgered me and either refused to let me use the tills, because I have more than the 12 item limit (which in itself is utterly ridiculous) or I am not packing my bags correctly. Maybe this employee is 'just doing his job', but he has the worst manner and is not diplomatic in any sense of the word. He obviously has no idea how to use discretion to keep customers happy and is the main reason I do not wish to frequent the store any more. Every time I enter the check out area he makes a B line for me and it is all I can do to restrain myself from thumping him. Management seem to have a somewhat dictatorial attitude to restrictions imposed on their customers and trust me, it is not good for business. Given that I have both Woolworths and Aldi to provide me with significantly better service and a much better range of products, Coles can get stuffed.

You can't always get what you want

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

I thought i could just buy a green curry simmer sauce for dinner but no not even with kantong but they did stock a curry sausage simmer sauce and another large variety that i don't want to eat. Even in the frozen vegetable isle i couldn't find what i want and the staff told me to write a review from a card at the checkouts and suprise suprise there were no cards either and the stunned checkout girl had a brainfailure and couldn't help either, seriously bad experience.

Chicken

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Purchase 1 pack of 6 chicken breast on the 8.6.2017 at 18h00 expiration date on the 9 talk to the manager told me it was normal

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

This shop is crap, I got frisked for no reason.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

I was just casually buying lollies and an expression when your bloody stores person was following my and after I bought stuff and I was gonna leave he frisked my and accused me from stealing

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Thieves

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Advertising Products available that are not.
Shocking 'Customer Service' team.
Advice more than half of items are out of stock right before delivery then ask you to call them? Refusal to refund delivery fee.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 46 pages

Coles . When I drove past a Woolworths service station their price of E 10 petrol was $116.9 without a shopper docket and yet across the road at the Shell service station the price was $135.9 for E 10 without a shopper docket. I have photos to prove. PLEASE EXPLAIN . ?????

Jan asked on Feb 10, 2017

Answer this

Normal for Coles/Shell to be up to $0.25 per litre more expensive. Just shop at Aldi and buy your fuel at 7-Eleven

Thank you Bob the Builder I do shop at Aldi at times but because of the fuel difference in prices I do buy my fuel from 7 Eleven . I found they are the cheapest in my area. Like I said in my previous comments the difference in prices between Shell and Woolworths across the road from each other and yet so much of a difference in prices . But you look at the people buying the fuel everyone lined up at Woolworths and no one at Shell . Obviously Coles don't check their competitors prices very often you would think they would be on the ball but no they are too busy cutting staff in all their stores then we get poor customer service .

Hi Bob the Builder I do not shop at Coles anymore on principle. I either go to Aldi or a IGA which is close by . If I go to IGA on a Wednesday I get my seniors 5% discount . The staff are helpful and pleasant to speak to . As soon as they see someone about to line up will a full trolley of groceries they will immediately open another checkout. They also DONT have self serve checkouts they have 3 express checkouts which is better than self serve. I also refuse to shop at Kmart any more since they have done their new revamped stores with the checkouts in the middle of the store . Target has dropped its game to what it used to be . Wesfarmers take note you are heading down the Masters trail . Staff need people management skills and that goes from the manager down . Hardly any staff training with the company . You don't give a dam how customers are feeling . I shopped at Coles for 36 years but never ever again so share holders take note.

Are there any statistics on the recycling of plastic bags at coles. Are they really recycled or is it all show?

nolongershopatcoles asked on Dec 26, 2016

Answer this

I have seen the bins in the stores but i really cant help has i do not know what happens to them once taken away

I purchased a platnium power force pool cleaner went to use it and found there was no users manual to show how to set it up nor no warranty card im very disappointed just shows how there products are checked to make sure everything is is the packaging how am i suppose to set it up? I have googled to try find users guide pffffft yeah right.

Leanne asked on Dec 11, 2016