Date Purchased: Mar 2017

A great vacuum cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

The suction is great. It is relatively easy to maneuver and best of all it is quiet! It is also very easy to empty...the dust doesn't fly up in your face. I use it for the carpets and the tiles. It works well on all areas. It was worth paying a bit more than I usually would have. I can highly recommend it.

Date Purchased: Jan 2013

Worthy to spend money on this brand

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

I'm happy purchasing this brand. Good with the suction. I have been using it for almost 5 years. The only thing is it is abit happy. You can use it on carpet or hard surface. And they have extra attachment that you can buy for other functions like for mattress or for inside car.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

Lomg enough wire. Hood to take around all afound the house. If is very strong n such in the dirt comepletly. I am glad with the quality and size as well as the power power. The colour is very good and attractive its worth the momey we pay for it it

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Love this vacuum cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

This Dyson is amazing, cleans really well, pick up fluff & dirt with ease & just glides over floorboards & carpet. I also have a hands free Dyson & that's amazing as well. I will only ever buy the brand Dyson from now on as I know that you pay a bit more but it's worth it for the quality

Summerland

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Date Purchased: Feb 2013

Unfortunately, I prefer my kenmore

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

I was dissatisfied with the suction and didn't find it as easy to maneuver as was expected i found the hose becomming kinked a lot which ruined it and could no longer vacuum without constantly making sure there were not any twisted parts, otherwise it would pinch and stop any suction. The vacuum is not all that heavy though it is heavier than a few of the cheaper priced vacuums I've owned.

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Jamie,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the hose of your DC29 machine kinking. I would encourage you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details, and we will be more than happy to help.

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Poor over time

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2017

Been 4 year, poor performance over time. Suction is poor from the begining: Power head brush keep stopping for no reason.
Powercord is too short & is suited for small apartment.
Wont buy a dyson again.
Expensive hyped product that missing equality.
Not worth the money ):

Purchased from goodguys.

Date Purchased: Jul 2015

great sucker

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

My vacuum is a great sucker and bring the carpet up looking new every time - cleans all the dirt and has an easy emptying system. my only negative is that they are so very noisy with the carpet cleaning head turned on and is quite heavy to carry up and down stairs - my previous vacuum was light and quite, but did not clean the carpet properly.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Awkward and Flimsy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

If I had trialled this product before purchasing, I would have encouraged my partner not to buy it. I find it painful to use as the hose is not long enough, the power cord is not long enough, the bristles on the brush attachment have no strength, the handle and flow control trigger are a pain in the head to use, the vacuum head is flimsy and has a mind of its own, the shaft is flimsy and feels like it's going to break if subjected to any kind of force. It's also very difficult to manoeuvre no matter whether on tiles or carpet. I am very disappointed in this product. Give me a Charles or a Henry any day.

canberra

Date Purchased: Mar 2010

not a good vaccum

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

I didn't get what I paid for, for a machine with such hefty price it is very disappointing to see what a poor job it does , it looses suction and the floors are not cleaned , you have to keep going on and on , a waste of time , will not recommend at all.

Purchased at: David Jones

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Susan, I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with your DC29. This doesn't sound right at all. I would encourage you to email askdyson@dyson.com.au with your details and we will be more than ... read more »

Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Love my Dyson!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

Ok, ok, I know it's a little weird to say you "love" a vacuum cleaner. But I don't care. I LOVE this vacuum cleaner. It's light weight, easy to empty and clean. And it is seriously the BEST damn vacuum cleaner I have every used.
I have dogs so have to vacuum every few days and it's just so easy. It picks up every bit of hair. I always get a shock when I empty it and see how much dust it's collected. Very impressive.
I paid about $500 for my Dyson from 2nds World (who also delivered it). Nothing wrong with the machine, just had damaged packaging.
Money well spent. Highly recommended.

Purchased at: 2nds World

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2010

Not that great

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

Motor went just out of warranty and hose /pipe issues- keeps detaching broken or worn ? vacuums well but expected better for money, there should be a way of repairing or replacing hose pipe simply. For a product that touts so much on design I thougt longevity would go with that.

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this. Please be assured indiviudal components such as the hose, tube etc can easily be replaced without needing to be sent for service. If you email askdyson@dy... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 comments

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Best ever vacuum cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

All round excellent performer for my dusty old big farm house. Great suction, hoses never clog, easy click on/off accessories, good size dust container. Love the combination crevice and upholstery brush tool. Only one flaw - extension hoses not quite long enough for my 12Ft ceiling spiders ! Best vacuum I have ever used in 60 years. Highly recommend.

1 of 18 pages

I have a DC29. Replaced the head after talking to online support. Brand new head, but the rollers won't engage. Checked switches (reversed with the reset switch to check). Head still does not turn. I am thinking maybe the other "red reset switch" breaker or fuse may be gone. If that is not the problem, I don't know what to check next. Please advise?

Brian asked on Apr 13, 2017

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your question.

The DC29, does not come with a turbine head, so it will be helpful to look into this in more detail.

Please send us an email at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to look into this further and assist you with your machine

Mira
Facebook.com/dyson

My DC29 has just blown up and having read all the reviews, I can only say that all the models manufactured around 2011 MUST be faulty and should be recalled and replaced. In some parts of the world Dyson give a lifetime guarantee.....how come that doesn't apply in Australia and New Zealand? I know why - because our models are made in Malaysia!! I'm absolutely fed up about having wasted all that money, I was so sure that I was purchasing the best. Come on Dyson put your money where your mouth is and provide me with a replacement. Judy

Judy asked on Apr 03, 2017

Hi Judy,

I am sorry to hear your machine has failed. Please be assured our helpline system monitors all data for any spikes in reported issues and we haven’t had any reports indicating regular issues.

While Dyson guarantees do vary world wide, we don't offer a lifetime guarantee in any country, however regardless of a guarantee status, we are happy to assist with any queries or problems.

I would encourage you to email askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be more than happy to discuss how to service your machine.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

Thank you for replying Shan. You've asked me to to discuss with Dyson how to service my machine Hello!! It blew up so servicing is not applicable in my case. I've looked at the reviews on this particular model and the majority are atrocious. and to any sensible person this would most certanly indicate 'regular issues'. So what you're saying is that you have planned obsolescence down to perfection. Perhaps then it's time to realign your price to match the brief lifespan of your product. Best wishes, Judy

Hello. I have the wheels not rolling well and can see fluff and hair stuck in them. Am I able to take it apart and clean it out or do I need a new head?

ness asked on Mar 31, 2017

Hi Ness,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The mini rollers under the head are best cleaned by using pin point tweezers.

If that does not resolve the issue, then please feel free to purchase a new head which is available online here: http://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/dual-mode-floor-tool-916962-02

If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Mira