BRISBANE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

VERIFIED PURCHASER TARGET
Who needs a man when you have a Dyson!29 June 2016
ProsGreat Fit, Easy to Use
What I mean is that I was actually euphoric using this vacuum cleaner I am literally IN LOVE with my DYSON!. I did a test first and vacuumed the house with my old cheap vacuum cleaner and then vacuumed the same area with the Dyson. I was so gobsmacked that a took a photo of the 1/2 filled barrel of actual dirt, hair, fluff and sent it to a few of my friends. I should be a rep for this company as two of my friends were so impressed they ordered from Target online one each for themselves. I mainly have timber floors and only two rugs and was horrified at the amount of dirt that came from my perceived clean house. LOVE MY DYSON!

Purchased at: Target Australia

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

A heavy duty vacuum perfect for a messy family!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

I use this vacuum every week and although it's heavy it picks up every piece of dirt, meaning you don't have to go over the same area multiple times. I like how the on/off button and the retractable cord button are easy to push with your foot, saving you from bending down.

Melbourne

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Apr 2009

I've had this for 7 years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

This vacuum is a great we have had this for 7 years and it's still running great .
It has great suction and is easy to get around , it is quite bulky and I do find the cord not long enough , but the overall performance of the vacuum is good .
Easy to empty and clean , the filter is easy to clean as well .
We have a 26 sq house mixed with both carpet and tiles of works excellent on both , we have a dog as well and find the dog hair is sucked up no worries .
It is quite a loud vacuum but that's not a big issue.
Overall I recommend this vacuum to anyone who wants a reliable trustworthy brand of vacuum.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

good and reasonable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

It is light weight. Because it is a Dyson it has good suction on carpet and floor boards. Easy to move around and comes with extra attachments to use for window screens etc. Easy to empty. Problem with stairs not easy to use there but still better than any brand of similar design.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

amazing results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

The results I get from this vacuum are amazing, so easy to use, the suction is so good you can actually reduce it for different carpets and floors. I have carpet in most rooms, and wooden floors. Carpet is in three bedrooms and lounge, wood in dining room, kitchen and laundry. simple to manoeuvre and empty.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Happy with purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

Bought this from big w about 2 months ago. Have not had any issues, does a good job on my tiles, rugs and fabric couch. My only (minor) criticism is i like to use the hose only to get into small areas but this one rather than being a simple round hole has awkward clip attachment thingys which mean i cant do this.

Purchased at: Big W

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Perfect satisfaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Perfectly satisfied after years of frustration with various other vacuum cleaners. Light to carry, and ease into difficult spaces. Living in an area plagued with spiders, the Dyson DC29 has proven excellent for removing cob webs from ceiling corners and from behind furniture. (9 room areas, 2 polished timber, one tiled, and 6 carpetted.)

• 36 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Great suction vac

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

I have an average 3 bedroom house one of the main reasons I purchased a Dyson DC29 vacuum cleaner 20 months ago this vacuum cleaner performs as I expected it to as I had a family member who told me that it had very good suction, the handle unclips for higher places than the floor, easy to empty, I wash filters every 3 months, excellent, next one will definitely be a Dyson.

Purchased at: Big W

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

BEST VACUUM I'VE EVER HAD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

After having cheap inefficient vacuum cleaners for over 35 years, we finally decided that our Christmas present to each other would be a Dyson vacuum cleaner. We had put off buying one before simply because of the high price! That was false thinking we now realise because we have had lots of vacuum cleaners over the years that do not last. We are so pleased with our Dyson. I never have to worry about poor suction and cleaning the filter three times before I even finish my house. I actually like vacuuming now. We have timber flooring, tiles and lots of rugs and it works well on both. It moves around well. It is probably not that quiet though.

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

LOVE MY DYSON

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Wouldn't be without my Dyson. I would not have any other brand. It had great suction, easy to use and makes light work if my daily vacuum regime. I use it on my carpets and tiles every day. It is easy to clean and unblock if anything gets stuck as the sections seperate with ease. Best of all it's great for my kids who suffer allergies.

1 of 16 pages

Hi there, i have a Dyson DC29, Will a turbine head be compatible and will it increase the ease of removing fur etc from a thick carpet? Cheers, Jack

Jack asked on Mar 17, 2017

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your question.

A turbine head will assist with picking up hair and threads, and has particularly good pickup on carpet. The part that will suit your machine is available on our website here: http://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/turbine-head-906565-32

Should you have any questions about maintenance or if would prefer to call us to place your order, please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Facebook.com/dyson

Hi there, We recently moved house and the removalists were pretty heavy handed with our DC29. The hose has been pulled from the vacuum unit itself and has the white piece of plastic attached to the hose end. Is it broken? How can one fix this? Thank you.

Rhys asked on Mar 12, 2017

Hi Rhys,

Thanks for your question.

The hose can be reattached as shown in the first page of your manual as shown here:

If this does not resolve the issue please send us an email at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to help.

Facebook.com/dyson

Hello! I have Dyson DC29 and I have always too much suction. It is almost impossible to move it on the floor and I need to open the whole all the time - otherwise it is impossible to vacue. Can I somehow release the suction? I have a feeling that also motor gets really loud. What is a problem in this case?

Novidebby asked on Mar 02, 2017

Answer this

I don't have a problem with mine. Perhaps you should return to the place of purchase and get it checked out if it is still under warranty

Hi there,

Thanks for your question.

Please ensure your contact head is on the correct setting, bristles down for hard floor; bristles up for carpet.

If this does not resolve it please get in touch, and we will be happy to help you. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEDST on 1800 239 766.

See all 39 questions about Dyson DC29 Multi Floor