Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Awkward and Flimsy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

If I had trialled this product before purchasing, I would have encouraged my partner not to buy it. I find it painful to use as the hose is not long enough, the power cord is not long enough, the bristles on the brush attachment have no strength, the handle and flow control trigger are a pain in the head to use, the vacuum head is flimsy and has a mind of its own, the shaft is flimsy and feels like it's going to break if subjected to any kind of force. It's also very difficult to manoeuvre no matter whether on tiles or carpet. I am very disappointed in this product. Give me a Charles or a Henry any day.

Purchased at: Big W

canberra

Date Purchased: Mar 2010

not a good vaccum

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

I didn't get what I paid for, for a machine with such hefty price it is very disappointing to see what a poor job it does , it looses suction and the floors are not cleaned , you have to keep going on and on , a waste of time , will not recommend at all.

Purchased at: David Jones

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Susan, I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with your DC29. This doesn't sound right at all. I would encourage you to email askdyson@dyson.com.au with your details and we will be more than ... read more »

Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Love my Dyson!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

Ok, ok, I know it's a little weird to say you "love" a vacuum cleaner. But I don't care. I LOVE this vacuum cleaner. It's light weight, easy to empty and clean. And it is seriously the BEST damn vacuum cleaner I have every used.
I have dogs so have to vacuum every few days and it's just so easy. It picks up every bit of hair. I always get a shock when I empty it and see how much dust it's collected. Very impressive.
I paid about $500 for my Dyson from 2nds World (who also delivered it). Nothing wrong with the machine, just had damaged packaging.
Money well spent. Highly recommended.

Purchased at: 2nds World

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2010

Not that great

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

Motor went just out of warranty and hose /pipe issues- keeps detaching broken or worn ? vacuums well but expected better for money, there should be a way of repairing or replacing hose pipe simply. For a product that touts so much on design I thougt longevity would go with that.

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this. Please be assured indiviudal components such as the hose, tube etc can easily be replaced without needing to be sent for service. If you email askdyson@dy... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 comments

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Best ever vacuum cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

All round excellent performer for my dusty old big farm house. Great suction, hoses never clog, easy click on/off accessories, good size dust container. Love the combination crevice and upholstery brush tool. Only one flaw - extension hoses not quite long enough for my 12Ft ceiling spiders ! Best vacuum I have ever used in 60 years. Highly recommend.

Purchased at: Big W

Burnett Heads

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

The best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

This vacuum has the best suction is easy to switch from floor to carpet has other tools for little spaces. Also light and very easy to navigate around and does not overturn. I will be only buying Dyson in the future. I thoroughly recommend this vacuum. I have previously owned a Dyson original vacuum in 2006 and only now have had to look at buying another as my old one still works but does not suck as well as it used to. I still keep my old one to vacuum out the shed.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

VERIFIED PURCHASER TARGET
Who needs a man when you have a Dyson!29 June 2016
ProsGreat Fit, Easy to Use
What I mean is that I was actually euphoric using this vacuum cleaner I am literally IN LOVE with my DYSON!. I did a test first and vacuumed the house with my old cheap vacuum cleaner and then vacuumed the same area with the Dyson. I was so gobsmacked that a took a photo of the 1/2 filled barrel of actual dirt, hair, fluff and sent it to a few of my friends. I should be a rep for this company as two of my friends were so impressed they ordered from Target online one each for themselves. I mainly have timber floors and only two rugs and was horrified at the amount of dirt that came from my perceived clean house. LOVE MY DYSON!

Purchased at: Target Australia

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

A heavy duty vacuum perfect for a messy family!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

I use this vacuum every week and although it's heavy it picks up every piece of dirt, meaning you don't have to go over the same area multiple times. I like how the on/off button and the retractable cord button are easy to push with your foot, saving you from bending down.

Melbourne

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Apr 2009

I've had this for 7 years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

This vacuum is a great we have had this for 7 years and it's still running great .
It has great suction and is easy to get around , it is quite bulky and I do find the cord not long enough , but the overall performance of the vacuum is good .
Easy to empty and clean , the filter is easy to clean as well .
We have a 26 sq house mixed with both carpet and tiles of works excellent on both , we have a dog as well and find the dog hair is sucked up no worries .
It is quite a loud vacuum but that's not a big issue.
Overall I recommend this vacuum to anyone who wants a reliable trustworthy brand of vacuum.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

good and reasonable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

It is light weight. Because it is a Dyson it has good suction on carpet and floor boards. Easy to move around and comes with extra attachments to use for window screens etc. Easy to empty. Problem with stairs not easy to use there but still better than any brand of similar design.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

amazing results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

The results I get from this vacuum are amazing, so easy to use, the suction is so good you can actually reduce it for different carpets and floors. I have carpet in most rooms, and wooden floors. Carpet is in three bedrooms and lounge, wood in dining room, kitchen and laundry. simple to manoeuvre and empty.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

1 of 17 pages

I have a DC29. Replaced the head after talking to online support. Brand new head, but the rollers won't engage. Checked switches (reversed with the reset switch to check). Head still does not turn. I am thinking maybe the other "red reset switch" breaker or fuse may be gone. If that is not the problem, I don't know what to check next. Please advise?

Brian asked on Apr 13, 2017

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your question.

The DC29, does not come with a turbine head, so it will be helpful to look into this in more detail.

Please send us an email at askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be happy to look into this further and assist you with your machine

Mira
Facebook.com/dyson

My DC29 has just blown up and having read all the reviews, I can only say that all the models manufactured around 2011 MUST be faulty and should be recalled and replaced. In some parts of the world Dyson give a lifetime guarantee.....how come that doesn't apply in Australia and New Zealand? I know why - because our models are made in Malaysia!! I'm absolutely fed up about having wasted all that money, I was so sure that I was purchasing the best. Come on Dyson put your money where your mouth is and provide me with a replacement. Judy

Judy asked on Apr 03, 2017

Hi Judy,

I am sorry to hear your machine has failed. Please be assured our helpline system monitors all data for any spikes in reported issues and we haven’t had any reports indicating regular issues.

While Dyson guarantees do vary world wide, we don't offer a lifetime guarantee in any country, however regardless of a guarantee status, we are happy to assist with any queries or problems.

I would encourage you to email askdyson@dyson.com.au and we will be more than happy to discuss how to service your machine.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

Thank you for replying Shan. You've asked me to to discuss with Dyson how to service my machine Hello!! It blew up so servicing is not applicable in my case. I've looked at the reviews on this particular model and the majority are atrocious. and to any sensible person this would most certanly indicate 'regular issues'. So what you're saying is that you have planned obsolescence down to perfection. Perhaps then it's time to realign your price to match the brief lifespan of your product. Best wishes, Judy

Hello. I have the wheels not rolling well and can see fluff and hair stuck in them. Am I able to take it apart and clean it out or do I need a new head?

ness asked on Mar 31, 2017

Hi Ness,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The mini rollers under the head are best cleaned by using pin point tweezers.

If that does not resolve the issue, then please feel free to purchase a new head which is available online here: http://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/dual-mode-floor-tool-916962-02

If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Mira