Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Verified Purchase

The main screw on blades is always loose!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Comments
Froothie Official

Hello Julia, my name is Francois, General Manager at Froothie I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I will try to address some points here. The 30 Day Money Back Guarantee DOES include f... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Dreadful after sales

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

I’m very disappointed with the 9400 blender and exceedingly disappointed and angry with the dreadful after sales service on offer. The blender kept blowing out the mains electric circuit breaker whenever I switched it off and I’ve read that others have experienced this same problem. Eventually it stopped working altogether. I sent it back at my expense expecting to be refunded. No such luck. The blender was returned to me and when I tried to use it the exact same problem still existed. I was told to return it once more and pay the postage cost again. I made known my disappointment and was offered to either send it back again or I could upgrade to a newer model at a reduced price. Taking into consideration the amount I’d already paid for the 9400 it didn’t seem like a very good offer at all but as the 9400 had faults I decided to go for the replacement and pay the extra. When I informed them of my decision I was then told to send back the 9400 as well and pay the cost again and if it wasn’t spotlessly clean and complete with the recipe book and operating instruction I would be charged a further 3O€! I emailed expressing my dissatisfaction and sent the 9400 back again. I’ve paid in excess of 10% of the purchase price so far. Although the fault was exactly the same both times, I was told that the second time the brushes had been replaced. Well, I’ve a great number of electrical tools and kitchen equipment, some many years old and greatly used and I’ve never had to replace brushes on any of them. When I asked what the problem was the first time I sent it back I never received a reply. Contrast this appalling service to the sterling after sales service offered by Phillps. I bought a juicer from them and when it developed a fault I was sent a new one within a couple of days and they didn’t even ask for the old one to be returned. Likewise, when I had a faulty laptop, the company sent a replacement within a couple of days and I was upgraded to a top of the range model and sent a prepaid sticker to return the faulty one. I deeply regret having bought the froothie when better models are available with a much better after sales service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Froothie Official

Hello Bobby, I am very sorry to hear about your experience and will be speaking to the European team management about this matter URGENTLY. There is a serious flaw in the system as postage should n... read more »

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Product arrived faulty. Refund took over a month!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

Vibration plate i ordered arrived faulty. It would not start and there was a very strange burning plastic smell to it when switched on. Without delay i started the returns process. And what a headache it was! The real headache was in actually getting them to process the refund back into my account. I had to call numerous times to follow it up. And everytime i was given this same reply about them having escalated the request to the accounts team and the refund will be processed within 24 hours. Well guess what? After weeks of chasing them up, th ey finally provided me with the refund. In fairness to them, this machine was purchased just before Christmas and then returned right away. They may have been very busy during this period but this is in no way the consumer's responsibility or fault. In my case, there was no reason for this excessive delay in providing the refund. They confirmed receipt of package at the start of January. I finally received my refund 2 days ago, over a month after they had received my returned product! That seems excessive and very disorganised. It was a real headache dealing with the team there because no one had answers and they refused to put me through to the accounts team or manager when requested. I was so exasperated that i was ready to contact Consumer Affairs. I would not trust this company or recommend buying from them. If their refund policy is this much of a headache, it is simply not worth it. Also, product arrived faulty! Products should be tested and checked for safety and functionality before they get sent out to buyers and refund should be honoured without delay. Very disappointing!

Comments
Froothie Official

Hello smithsmith, I am very sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your refund. Our Money Back Guarantee should never take this long irrespective if it is within the Christmas period. As the Ge... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Pretty but malfunctioning

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

The blender is beautiful and if works as should, is probably a dream. If you run into a problem the return processing is a nightmare and the company seems to be purposely deceitful. Keep the outer box to avoid having to pay return shipping (it cost me approx. $72). They then will only cover shipping if the unit was found to be "faulty". I understood a 30-day money back guarantee to be a no hassle return with no money lost by the consumer. My unit smoked. In my naïveté and being trusting I sent the unit back without video taping or proving this issue. They then had posession of the malfunctioning unit, the purchase money, and the "free" to them shipping costs that. In their advantageous position they allotted out of "goodwill" to send a replacement unit with free shipping. Having sent numerous emails and more time and energy to even get to this point I only wanted nothing to do with this company and their unethical practices. I asked for my money back within the 30-day money back guarantee numerous times, which was constantly ignored. I recommend being VERY cautious in dealing with this company even though on the surface it looks reputable. I doubt they would honor their warranty as they do not honor the 30-day money back guarantee. Keep documentation. Get proof of issue and be ready to be wrong and offered an unreasonable solution at the customers expense.
I personally will take my business elsewhere and suggest others do to, unless you're looking for headaches and entertainment. for example: one customer service rep. Suggested I plug the smoking unit back in and send video. I though this was funny because I'm not a product tester not getting paid to be one. Also I did not want to deal with a fire. The manual does warn of smoking smells, which when I experienced, I ignored until there was visible smoke. In hindsight I should have recorded this for when they denied that any of their tests produced the same results.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Froothie Official

Hello C.jay, I a very surprised and concerned by your review. As per the thousands of reviews in Australia and abroad, we have never refused a request for a return with the 30 day money back guaran... read more »

I want to Thank you for following up with my review. I appreciate that it has been a few hours since posting this and I have received contact from a significant person within the company that will... read more »

sg

Leaking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Used the blender for the first time as per instruction using the guide book.
Bottom of the jug where the blade assembly is started leaking.
What a bummer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Froothie Official

Hello Raiiii,
We are sorry to hear you are facing issues with your new blender. Please contact our online technical support team on http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php to solve your issue immediately.
Kind regards

• 17 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

4 products owned

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2016

I did loads of research on appliances and have found froothie/optimum to be very good.. i own a 9400 blender.. wide mouth 600 juicer...vibrofit pro plates..and now the induction pro pressure cooker.. i love them all had no major issues with any appliance.only thing i was dissapointed in was no recipe book or warranty card sent for my pressure cooker.. or no excercise manual for the vibrofit.hoping they will be sent very soon

Gold Coast

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Good Blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I have the optimum 9400, bought a few years ago and still use it. The only negative is they should have had more warnings about not wetting the bottom of the jug. If the jug underneath gets wet or put in a dishwasher it destroys it. Then you have to replace the jug. The barings rust and blades get stiff and corroded it. Stoppped working and leaked. I replaced the jug for a newer version which is far better and not as loud as the original jug. Now the positive, the base motor and jug are strong and durable I have worked with all brand of blender s in my work and looked at all the cheap and expensive blenders. The motor and base is stronger and better quality then the USA expensive blender. Won't name it. The new improved jug is also easier and stronger and not as loud. I have had this blender for over 5yrs and crush ice, all frozen berries, chillies and had made soup. Hot soup. This is the best blender and is a reasonable price. Could be worth $900 but it's a lot cheaper then that. You want a blender that can last years and crush for years and not burn out. Which most cheap blenders and some expensive ones do. They end up burning out and can't be used. I would buy this product again. I would have given it five stars if I had enough warning about not wetting the jug or putting it in the dish washer. The new jug I haven't wetted the bottom and it still as new from 2yrs of everyday use. To wash is simple. Put some hot water in jug, add little detergent. Blend and it will self clean. Much easier to clean that way.

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

So disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

Bought my Froothie Optimum 9200 in July 2016 with such high hopes, and having (I thought) done my homework. From the start the Froothie Optimum 9200 cut out after around 10 seconds and wouldn't restart when making frozen banana smoothies. A pungent burnt odour (beyond new motor smell) filled my kitchen for hours. Eventually (after sending a video) I got them to listen to me and I returned the Froothie. (Beware of $30 charge if item is not sent cleaned to their standard). The Froothie came back to me with exactly the same problem. I have asked f or a full refund but the company want me to return the product for yet another 'service' before they will commit to a full refund or a new machine. I have lost complete faith in the safety and mechanical integrity of the Froothie I purchased, even if it was now 'fixed'. I am so disappointed that after 4 months and a lot of money and wasted time, I still have a defective and useless for purpose Froothie Optimum 9200 sitting in my kitchen.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Froothie Official

Hello Sussie, I am very sorry to hear about your experience and I will personally investigate the matter ASAP. As per the thousands of online reviews and testimonials, such an occurrence is very un... read more »

Canberra

Definitely Customer focused.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

After an initial problem with the servicing of our blender the customer service team contacted me to offer an apology and a well thought out solution - they really are very focused on customer service. While I wasn't impressed with the initial incident I have to give them kudos for ensuring their customers are happy.

melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Great after sales support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2016

We have been using the Optimum 9200 every day to make breakfast juice for nearly a year. Great machine. We had a problem with loose drive socket and the Froothie service team responded within an hour of us completing the online warranty form. They offered a entrancement drive socket at no charge and even allowed for us to collect from their depot to save on postage. Problem resolved with six hours after raising issue. Tks team.

• 2 helpful votes

Great customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2016

Last week I had an issue with my Optimum jug. Froothie read my review and promptly dealt with the problem.
The courteous manner with which they handled it was impressive. It is good to know that the company stands by their product.
Thank you, Froothie.
Ineke

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Happy Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2016

I own a business and sell smoothies and I bought 2 Optimum 9400's in March 2015. They make between 10 and 20 smoothies a day with frozen components and are really tough. They recently started to have some faults in the base area and I had to take photos and answer loads of questions but that is how they have to conduct their research. Then eventually I had to send them away but for a good result when they were fixed and sent back to me and they are as strong as ever. The Froothie support team handled my problem really well and I would be more than happy to keep buying these products.

1 of 5 pages

My Optimum blender has stopped functioning. When I press the button nothing happens. As if no power is going through. I have used it perhaps 20 times, so didn't expect this to happen. Please let me know what I'm suppose to do?

Masoud asked on Feb 24, 2017

Answer this

You have to create a support "ticket" on their website. They say you should receive a response in a reasonable amount of time. When I contacted them they were experiencing a high volume of open tickets. I was not answered within the timeframe the site stated, so I called customer service. Good luck!

Why would a company want to run several different webpages? They sell the exact same thing! How many other websites do they have? http://www.prestigehomeappliances.com.au/aboutus/ https://www.froothie.com.au/aboutus These websites are the same company! Just trying to do my research before I spend $300+

nara_120 asked on Feb 19, 2017

Has anyone purchased a VIBROFIT ONE from Froothie.com.au? Any issues or advice would be great.

nara_120 asked on Feb 18, 2017

Answer this

Hello I have purchased a VibroFit myself and absolutely love it. I've been using it for a month now which no issues what so ever. :) Also they have 30 day money back guarantee if there are any problems :) so its a win win situation :)

Thanks Adrijana, are they very noisy?

Yes, i purchased the Vibrofit One too. However mine arrived faulty. It would not turn on and there was a burning plastic smell to it so it was returned. Just be wary that although they do have the 30 days money back guarantee, it does not necessarily mean the process of return will be smooth. It took over a month of calling them and emailing to chase up my refund. To be honest, for me, it was a real headache and I never got to try a "working" version of the machine. Good luck if you decide to purchase this.