Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

• 1 comment

Pretty but malfunctioning

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

The blender is beautiful and if works as should, is probably a dream. If you run into a problem the return processing is a nightmare and the company seems to be purposely deceitful. Keep the outer box to avoid having to pay return shipping (it cost me approx. $72). They then will only cover shipping if the unit was found to be "faulty". I understood a 30-day money back guarantee to be a no hassle return with no money lost by the consumer. My unit smoked. In my naïveté and being trusting I sent the unit back without video taping or proving this issue. They then had posession of the malfunctioning unit, the purchase money, and the "free" to them shipping costs that. In their advantageous position they allotted out of "goodwill" to send a replacement unit with free shipping. Having sent numerous emails and more time and energy to even get to this point I only wanted nothing to do with this company and their unethical practices. I asked for my money back within the 30-day money back guarantee numerous times, which was constantly ignored. I recommend being VERY cautious in dealing with this company even though on the surface it looks reputable. I doubt they would honor their warranty as they do not honor the 30-day money back guarantee. Keep documentation. Get proof of issue and be ready to be wrong and offered an unreasonable solution at the customers expense.
I personally will take my business elsewhere and suggest others do to, unless you're looking for headaches and entertainment. for example: one customer service rep. Suggested I plug the smoking unit back in and send video. I though this was funny because I'm not a product tester not getting paid to be one. Also I did not want to deal with a fire. The manual does warn of smoking smells, which when I experienced, I ignored until there was visible smoke. In hindsight I should have recorded this for when they denied that any of their tests produced the same results.

Comments
Froothie Official

Hello C.jay, I a very surprised and concerned by your review. As per the thousands of reviews in Australia and abroad, we have never refused a request for a return with the 30 day money back guaran... read more »

I want to Thank you for following up with my review. I appreciate that it has been a few hours since posting this and I have received contact from a significant person within the company that will... read more »

Leaking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Used the blender for the first time as per instruction using the guide book.
Bottom of the jug where the blade assembly is started leaking.
What a bummer.

Comments
Froothie Official

Hello Raiiii,
We are sorry to hear you are facing issues with your new blender. Please contact our online technical support team on http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php to solve your issue immediately.
Kind regards

• 17 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

4 products owned

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2016

I did loads of research on appliances and have found froothie/optimum to be very good.. i own a 9400 blender.. wide mouth 600 juicer...vibrofit pro plates..and now the induction pro pressure cooker.. i love them all had no major issues with any appliance.only thing i was dissapointed in was no recipe book or warranty card sent for my pressure cooker.. or no excercise manual for the vibrofit.hoping they will be sent very soon

Gold Coast

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Good Blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

I have the optimum 9400, bought a few years ago and still use it. The only negative is they should have had more warnings about not wetting the bottom of the jug. If the jug underneath gets wet or put in a dishwasher it destroys it. Then you have to replace the jug. The barings rust and blades get stiff and corroded it. Stoppped working and leaked. I replaced the jug for a newer version which is far better and not as loud as the original jug. Now the positive, the base motor and jug are strong and durable I have worked with all brand of blender s in my work and looked at all the cheap and expensive blenders. The motor and base is stronger and better quality then the USA expensive blender. Won't name it. The new improved jug is also easier and stronger and not as loud. I have had this blender for over 5yrs and crush ice, all frozen berries, chillies and had made soup. Hot soup. This is the best blender and is a reasonable price. Could be worth $900 but it's a lot cheaper then that. You want a blender that can last years and crush for years and not burn out. Which most cheap blenders and some expensive ones do. They end up burning out and can't be used. I would buy this product again. I would have given it five stars if I had enough warning about not wetting the jug or putting it in the dish washer. The new jug I haven't wetted the bottom and it still as new from 2yrs of everyday use. To wash is simple. Put some hot water in jug, add little detergent. Blend and it will self clean. Much easier to clean that way.

Sydney

So disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

Bought my Froothie Optimum 9200 in July 2016 with such high hopes, and having (I thought) done my homework. From the start the Froothie Optimum 9200 cut out after around 10 seconds and wouldn't restart when making frozen banana smoothies. A pungent burnt odour (beyond new motor smell) filled my kitchen for hours. Eventually (after sending a video) I got them to listen to me and I returned the Froothie. (Beware of $30 charge if item is not sent cleaned to their standard). The Froothie came back to me with exactly the same problem. I have asked f or a full refund but the company want me to return the product for yet another 'service' before they will commit to a full refund or a new machine. I have lost complete faith in the safety and mechanical integrity of the Froothie I purchased, even if it was now 'fixed'. I am so disappointed that after 4 months and a lot of money and wasted time, I still have a defective and useless for purpose Froothie Optimum 9200 sitting in my kitchen.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Froothie Official

Hello Sussie, I am very sorry to hear about your experience and I will personally investigate the matter ASAP. As per the thousands of online reviews and testimonials, such an occurrence is very un... read more »

Canberra

Definitely Customer focused.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

After an initial problem with the servicing of our blender the customer service team contacted me to offer an apology and a well thought out solution - they really are very focused on customer service. While I wasn't impressed with the initial incident I have to give them kudos for ensuring their customers are happy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Great after sales support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2016

We have been using the Optimum 9200 every day to make breakfast juice for nearly a year. Great machine. We had a problem with loose drive socket and the Froothie service team responded within an hour of us completing the online warranty form. They offered a entrancement drive socket at no charge and even allowed for us to collect from their depot to save on postage. Problem resolved with six hours after raising issue. Tks team.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Great customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2016

Last week I had an issue with my Optimum jug. Froothie read my review and promptly dealt with the problem.
The courteous manner with which they handled it was impressive. It is good to know that the company stands by their product.
Thank you, Froothie.
Ineke

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Happy Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2016

I own a business and sell smoothies and I bought 2 Optimum 9400's in March 2015. They make between 10 and 20 smoothies a day with frozen components and are really tough. They recently started to have some faults in the base area and I had to take photos and answer loads of questions but that is how they have to conduct their research. Then eventually I had to send them away but for a good result when they were fixed and sent back to me and they are as strong as ever. The Froothie support team handled my problem really well and I would be more than happy to keep buying these products.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Dunedin

• 2 helpful votes

Tamper broke, poor response

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2016

The top of the tamper broke off and after communications with the Froothie support team, which was slow, they told us we had to send them a photo. After a week of sending them the photo, they said we had to pay $9 for postage to receive a new one. The machine was purchased under 2 months ago. This is unacceptable. We glued the tamper back together, so we will see how it goes...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Froothie Official

Hi S Brennan :) We are sorry to hear about your experience. We at Froothie pride ourselves on our customer service and our 24x7 warranty and support team. We apologies if your experience was not ... read more »

Verified Purchase

Am happy now that I got replacement

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

I research the difference between the Optimum 9400 and the Vitamix which was previously owned for 20 years plus by my parents then me which needed replacing. Saw a video where they blended paving stones with Optimum 9400 and was impressed, it also had higher RPM's. Purchased March 1, 2015, it smelled slightly smokey from the beginning but I thought that was just because it was new and would go away after use. Didn't use it to regularly but did really like it. In Sep 2015 started drinking smoothies every morning. It began sparking, smelling more smokey, making a horrible noise. Contacted Mar 10, 2016 and was declared faulty and need to be replaced (had to send a video with sound). I had ordered a Burgundy Red base, was told I could get it sooner if I accepted a white or silver base. Waited longer because I still wanted the Red which is really a nice, rich looking color.

I will have to say that I missed it the whole time it was down. I have a bullet and a ninja and neither of them blend up well enough. I usually put 1/3 cup oats, 4 oz of frozen blueberries and whatever else I have in the house. The Optimum 9400 blends completely smooth. The other two you would have chunks & bits no matter how long you blended which makes for a not so pleasant experience.

Really enjoy this blender and feel that it is worth the extra money!

Brisbane

• 1 answer

Faulty product + fantastic service = happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

I have the Optimum Juicer 700. I experienced fantastic service with a fantastic company and am now a loyal customer. Thanks again to Froothie!

1 of 5 pages

Hi, may I asked do you have office or warehouse in Malaysia? How do you ship to Malaysia? If the blender fail between the warranty period, how do you support your customers in Malaysia? If any replacement parts are needed during the warranty period, is shipping waived? TQ

Iris Tan asked on Nov 09, 2016

Answer this

Thank you for your enquiry. :)
Froothie only sells the products online and not through physical stores in Malaysia. You can place your order on www.froothie.my and contact our representatives on support@froothie.my.
Products will be shipped from Australia and you will receive tracking information as soon as the order has been processed by the relevant warehouse.
In case you need to use the warranty, you can contact us on support@froothie.my or contact our 24/7 online warranty and support team by opening a support ticket using the following link: http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php.
If a replacement part is needed after the first 30 days from reception of the item, shipping fees are payable and you will be advised of the exact cost at the time.
We hope this helps :)

Are these blenders made in China?

pulonium asked on Apr 01, 2016

Answer this

Hello Pulonium and thank you for your query

Froothie is the sole distributor of the Optimum range of appliances

Optimum© is an Australian-owned company based in Melbourne and sold globally in over 40 countries. The Optimum range of appliances are manufactured in Taiwan, China, Italy, and Korea and assembled at ISO9000 and ISO9001 certified factories. All products adhere to very strict Quality Control measures available here: http://www.froothie.com.au/quality-standards/

For further queries you can contact our 24x7 Support Team at www.froothiesupport.com

Kind Regards

Hi, I bought an Optimum 9200 last week and today when using it it stopped working. I have unplugged it and waited for it to cool down, however it still won't turn on. What should I do next?

Eve Levis asked on Mar 12, 2016

Answer this

It tajes a while to cool the motor down. They told me to ensure I was using the correct speed setting and a decent amount of ingredients in there. That did help actually. If you still have issues then contact the help desk... They are great.

You can try the reset button on the bottom of the product. If that doesn't work try contacting support. All the best

Hello Eve Levis and thank you for your query.

Have you tried the reset/overload switch on the bottom of the base?

Our machines have built in protection circuitry which can sometimes be affected by external factors (such as power fluctuations to your home/business, power surges (with or without the machine turned on) and other factors). Alternatively the machine has stopped because it’s thermal protector sensed that the machine was about to overheat. To get the machine to work again; turn the power switch off for a few minutes, allowing the machine to cool and re-set. The reset time will be extended if high room temperatures exist.

Please also check the overload protection switch on the base of the machine has also not tripped. If this button has tripped, please allow the machine to cool by following the following instructions: with the machine power switch in the OFF position and unplugged from the power for 5-15 minutes, then check and press the overload back in again if it has popped out.

In the rare event that following the above steps has not fixed your problem, please contact our 24/7 Warranty and Support Team at www.froothiesupport.com

Kind Regards