Filter By:

• 2 answers
  • 30 helpful votes

Good value gone

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Used to be good value and the service is great > But good value no more. Been with them for 10+.
Price keeps going up along with less services. I had to opt out on paying $68.00 a month on the Gold Extra because of this.
Ambulance cover used to be ok but now one will only get two trips per year to the Hospital. Lol! Not much good when you get older and may need Ambulance more than two trips per year.
I decided there for to go with Phoenix. I get better coverage and UNLIMITED Ambulance cover!
My suggestion; Shop around.

Insurance claim made

Very competitive covers, excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Moved to HP from BUPA mainly for their much better optical benefits. They have some very competitive and comprehensive extras and hospital covers. Their customer service is amazing, also love the frames and sunnies range in their optical stores.

Premium up by 10% and ambulance cover reduced to one per year

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

Whilst the national average for increase of premiums is 4.8%, this year they once again tried to slug me more than double the national average plus they have downgraded the ambulance cover for most if not all policies to one ambulance per year. I have been with them for years and never made a claim, yet this is how they treat me. In the meantime their budget for tv advertising appears to be unlimited. Adverts every night and in one ad break this evening, there were two ads together.
Clearly they have their priorities wrong: treat existing cust
omers who don't make any claims, like dirt but try and entice new customers by spending money on advertising that they should be spending of f'ing ambulances.
No doubt trying to recoup the lost members from their ambulance downgrade mistake (one insurer I spoke to said they had taken many enquiries from Health Partners members looking to move because of the ambulance nonsense).

The one time I needed to speak to someone, the person spoke like a computer; refused to answer many of my questions and refused to put me through to a manager. I can well imagine how it would be with them if you needed to make a claim: and that was something I decided I never wanted to have to go through with them.

All in all these people may be not for profit but in every respect that I have experienced, they behave as if they were the least caring, greedy, unhelpful commercial insurer you could imagine. I have now moved to another fund.
My advice: stay away from Health Partners, there are better funds out there.

Great benefits and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I have gold extras with health partners and the benefits I get back are really good. 85% back on dental and unlimited is the highlight. The members services are great as well, very friendly staff. It is also very easy to make a claim or get into contact with members services. Very happy I picked health partners.

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Health partners optical-very expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2017

I have found the optician work and the prescriptions to be fine. However the prices of frames and lens appear to be grossly inflated-eg $700 recently for standard prescription sunglasses lens in my frames, of which I had to pay about $400. I could have got the frames and lens elsewhere for less than $400 in total. In my experience they are much too expensive, even with the insurance rebate.

Adelaide

• 1 helpful vote

Great resource

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

Customer support - Great
Value - Great
Have had over $5000 of dental work done for under $1000
Customer service is also great

Overall happy with my private cover with Health partners

Health Partners. Awesome Health Fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2016

We have been a member of Health Partners for many years . Services provided are top quality and we have never had a problem with any of them.
Had an issue with my front teeth over the weekend , rang first thing this morning for treatment and was in and out before lunch. Great Dentist and Dental Nurse. Very professional and friendly. I'm now as happy as ......
My adult children and their families are also members of Health Partners and would not go anywhere else.
Well done HP keep up the good work

Never had a problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2016

I've been with health partners for 2 years so far and I've always found them easy to deal with. My husband plays footy so is injured a fair bit and every time we have called to find out if he is covered, they are always so helpful.

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2013

I had an issue with my pregnancy cover and after being a loyal customer was directed to [name removed] who is classed as Manager Innovation & Service Quality
Senior Dispute & Resolution Officer. Absolutely terrible! Strongly discourage you from joining this fund. Worst customer service ever! This lady really doesn't care about trying to make members happy

- Supposed to be "not for profit health fund that is there for members" it's exactly the opposite

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

adelaide

• 8 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Health Partners Optical Over priced spin.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2013

I was told to day there were non profit.
The wholesale price of 1.6 ground lenses is around $80 pair.
The wholesale of the frame is around $55 at the very most.
Lenses are made by a contractor.

Why then is a non profit organisation charging me $560
$435 profilt

If I had their extras cover I would still pay $230 excess.
They claim its a service to members. Rubbish.

- Its corporate spin.