This product has been discontinued by Hyundai.

Filter By:

Badge: GL Date Purchased: Dec 2004

Loved it for 10 years!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2016

We had a 2004 model.
Feels like a car to sit in, but it drove like a van! - Oh yeah... it IS a van.
Put 200 thousand ks on it and it was more reliable than anything else we've ever owned. (Holden, Ford, Nissan and Alfa - but that's not surprising).
Plenty of space and choices about where you put people and bags - all of the seats are removable!
Never broke down - not once. Never leaked oil. Always started. Always worked.
Electrically excellent - one headlight shorted a bit, but was easily fixed.
We bought it because it was relatively che
ap and we were going to just run it til our kids bigger - three young kids and all. We had a pretty low opinion of Hyundai back in 2006 and our expectations were not high. We just needed an easy car to see us through the tantrum years of our toddlers, but this car changed our opinion. We looked after it well - we're pretty gentle on our cars, but the Trajet was brilliant - it just kept on going.
Somewhere before 2004 that Korean car manufacturer really got their act together!
Nowadays I'd pick Hyundai (or even KIA) for reliability over Volkswagen or Toyota - never thought I'd say that!

Badge: GL

Unsure

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2016

I bought this car 7 months ago it's a 2002 model been really reliable until yesterday I was driving along and it started overheating then we smelled a burning smell and pulled over. The oil smells burned and now won't turn over not sure why ? Just had a service a week ago

A Close and Reliable Friend

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2015

When I bought the car in June 2005, it was one of the cheapest and most spacious MPV around. 9.5 years later, I found out that it is still the cheapest car.......... to maintain. However, despite the many places that I've driven it to and the loads it had to endure all these while, its engine performed admirably. But at some point, it has to give in. But don't get me wrong....this record is admirable as some other makes of similar specs would have buckled after 7 years or earlier. My Trajet showed critical signs of breakdown only 2 months back after 250,000 kms were spent accumulating memorable experiences.

I had initially thought of switching to a new car. However, a visit to my trusted mechanic changed all that. He did an extensive check on my engine and found out that the 'major' problems were actually minor ones which can be fixed by applying simple solutions. So after getting to know about it, I decided to keep my Trajet for another 5 years.

Right now today, I am still driving this wonderful brand of a car knowing that after 280, 000 kms, it is still working fine. The long journey continues...

Very great car

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2015

Very good to drive, good engine, good power, but the exterior looks ugly with my eyes and all of us also.

Purchased at: Hyundai Dealers

Hyundai rules

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2015

2005 model. 2.0 petrol. Never had any hassle. Look after it and it looks after you. So impressed I bought a Santa Fe with the same engine. No problems there either.

Generation: FO (2000-2009)

Do yourself a favour dont buy one

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2013

I purchased a 2002 trajet with 188000kms on the clock owned it for three months in this time it was on the road 2 weeks i paid $900 and was told it was fixed but the car had the same problem, the problem was put down to a unknown computer problem that the local hyundai dealer wanted nothing to do with do not buy one

+ Roomy car

Comments

YOU should find a better mechanic. ussually it's piece of cake

Trajet in Indonesia

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2013

We have a 2001 Trajet in the Island of Lombok and are so impressed with the smoothness and quietness of our vehichle. We replaced the joints on front suspension all ok. We have the 2 litre 16V engine and for our roads it performs admirably. It handles the hills and winding roads very well. Love it

+ Handling soft ride and smooth quiet motoring Economy is great but we cant drive fast here.

- Thin paint is easy to scratch but after 135 thou ks and 1 million motor bikes on the road still looks good.

Comments

great

• 1 review
  • 13 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2012

Mine is a 2005 model, owned it since 2006 and has not dissappoint me at all. Took it on some 'easy' unsealed road/ tracks around SA and QLD, and still ok. Good for picnic, fold the 2nd/3rd row seats to make a table. We tend to put things between seats as additional luggage area ... but that's okay, make sure all of your food for long distance trip are within easy reach

+ Is meets most requirement of a family, cheap to buy, plenty of space, 5 yr warranty, V6 engine, removable seats, aircon outlet for 3rd row, excellent value for money.

- original Michelin tyre is very expensive, not much luggage space left when all 7 seats are occupied, lap only belt on the middle of 3rd row.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

We traded our old faithful Mitsubishi star wagon in on a 2005 trajet and shortley after travelled half the country and I use it for work with all the rear seats removed and it has never let us down... read more »

grate car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2012

this car seats everyone . .3 rd hand. great car why haven i seen more of them on the road
the power plus is great CAR LOOKS FANTASTK
the only thing is you can not put extra children seets hook up points in the back row . as far as i know no engeneer will pass it to put them in .. LOVE THE CAR

+ looks fantastik

- boot spase

• 60 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2012

I am loving hear all these people bag the Trajet over the Kia Carnival. It makes me laugh because the Kia IS A TRAJET U FOOLS! Kia is made by Hyundai and is just a poorly made over priced version of the Hyundai Trajet!!! Do ur homework before u bag such a good car!

+ I hate vans but the Trajet is a great car to drive. Its fabulous if you have a few kids and if I didnt have the Hyundai Terracan the Trajet would be my choice!

- There is nothing to dislike about the Trajet! For the money in comparison to other car manufacturers and warranties, the Trajet is FANTASTIC!!!

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 68 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2012

+ (#2007 GLS model) Great turning circle for a PM. Excellent cabin space. Very competitive price, NCW until 2012. Relatively smooth drive. Economical (we are rural)

- Plastic - feels a bit like things may start breaking in the back, esp. with kids climbing all over (but to be expected) 3rd row seats tricky to replace after taking out.

67 people found this helpful, do you? Yes