Filter By:
  • 5 helpful votes

Shop Location: QLD, Logan

Pay and don't receive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

I purchased a stone kitchen top from ikea. I paid for it and unable to order as they cannot find my payment and did not send it on to the stone mason.
I now have a full ikea kitchen...paid over $5000... Without a top that I have paid for.
They do not like discussing these issues on the phone. Their feedback is just a general drop box, so you can't win there. They cannot handle problems as they occur as they won't reply for at least 48 hours. You cannot speak to store staff. This goes to the National Head office and again are mostly talking a listening to non human "support".

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Shop Location: VIC, Richmond

"Customer Service & Deliveries team" : A myth?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Purchased a couch in store, well aware assembly would be extra as well as delivery costs. Paid to have it delivered on Sunday 18th of June between 11am and 3pm.

Didn't happen, called IKEA at 3 asking why it wasn't delivered and the customer service person said "we'll have to investigate and get back to you in 24-48hrs." Couldn't re-book delivery, or get delivery refunded.

On Tuesday the following week I get a call from the couriers asking if i was ready to receive the goods, at 8.45am and with no prior warning and without even mentioning
IkEA just that a couch was booked for delivery.. I told him to deliver it the following day. IKEA then called to let me know "we're still investigating the soonest you'll receive it is Thursday" I told her that I'd rebooked it as the couriers had called, she had no idea and said she'd have to check with the deliveries team - again no info and couldn't connect me to this "delivery team".

The couch was delivered on Wednesday morning by the couriers. I then got a text from IKEA telling me i could expect delivery between 11am and 3pm on Sunday the 18th of June. Safe to say the customer service team and mysterious "deliveries team" is both completely useless and non-existent. The couriers however are to be commended for being able to resolve the problem quickly and efficiently.

With their products you get what you pay for - no surprises.

From a globally recognized company that would make deliveries every day that must have an army's worth of Customer Service people - I expected better. Extremely disappointed and honestly just amazed at the sheer joke of the company.

brisbane

Shop Location: QLD, Logan

IKEA lounges assembling

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2017

I looked at buying a lounge from IKEA, only to discover that I would have to assemble it from scratch, like putting together the frame, covering it, the works, and I'd have to pay another $400 if I want some one to do it for me, now I know IKEA generally means flat packs, but If im gonna spent $1700 on a lounge, I can do better quality and have it delivered already to use from elsewhere, IKEA needs to do better than that.

Shop Location: VIC, Springvale

Don't buy kitchen from IKEA

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Don't ever never buy any kitchen cabinets from IKEA
I bought one kitchen above $30000 and after one year problems with A to Z I brought back a damaged cabinet to exchanged it but they just not did that but they Belem me and the manager who's name is [name removed] talk with me like I steel .

Shop Location: NSW, Tempe

Home delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Delivery time is booking within 11am-3pm, finally the drive arrived at 5:30 pm, what's poor service?
Costumer service is unbelievable poor!!! Without sorry just ask me to wait?

Perth

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Zero support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

We have spent approximately $20,000 on kitchen cabinets and appliances from IKEA. Several issues with undecipherable instructions but we overcame them. Today, however I called their contact number to ask for specific info regarding the fitting of one of the appliances. I got through to someone sitting in a call centre who told me very bluntly that she could not put me through to a kitchen specialist as they do not take calls from the public. I told her that I knew this was not the case as I had heard a staff member take a call during my 2 hour consultation with a kitchen specialist prior to forking out the cash for the kitchen. She refused to put me through. I asked to speak to her manager, she also refused that request telling me that her manager would just tell me the same. I advised her that I would need to drive 3 hours to talk to someone (closest IKEA is 220km's away in Sydney). She told me that "Yes", I would need to do that. She was unable to properly answer my question. So so disappointed with IKEA Australia. They were happy to sell me the kitchen and appliances but not willing to provide the support required.

Perth

Shop Location: WA, Perth

Poor quality kitchens

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

We purchased our newly renovated house in 2012 now 5 years on every kitchen front is cracking or peeling only to be told the warranty remains with the original owner. Really it's a kitchen not a tv, it's should be with the house which they can see on the system but we weren't the original purchaser. So now we have a piece of junk IKEA kitchen that needs replacing

Shop Location: WA, Perth

Great Kitchen Installer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

We purchased a kitchen from Ikea (Perth store) and wanted it fitted into our new extension. We met Mr Jon White who we immediately warmed too. His knowledge and advice to two amateurs in kitchen installation made a complex job come easy. His skills as a carpenter and his finishing tips has drawn many good comments about the look that we wanted to achieve. We would be glad to recommend Jon to anyone and will use his services again when required. Jon is a credit to his trade and to the Ikea brand - great work and a great result.

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 2 questions

Shop Location: VIC, Richmond

Poor store experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Staff are unintelligent and have poor product knowledge. Loading goods into car a nightmare. Avoid Richmond unless you enjoy wandering around and around and lugging heavy products to car if you go shopping on your own.

Shop Location: SA, Adelaide

Service at merchandise pick up was non existent, waited 40 minutes for 1 item

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

Purchase made in store. Purchasing a breeze, waiting for merchandise was appalling. Asked after 20 minutes and told it was being selected. Finally called after a wait of 45 minutes. So much for customer service. Disgraceful.

Shop Location: NSW, Tempe

Ärenpris soft pillow gone lumpy after 1 month

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

Didn't expect this pillow to last long but after one month it's gone so lumpy it's not possible to use comfortably at all.

1 of 32 pages

Why does my year old cotton doona/duvet cover and pillow cases develop immovable stains?

Madge asked on May 20, 2017

Answer this

you sleep with your mouth opened.

I'd like to know why IKEA refuse to upgrade their planner software to include every IKEA kitchen and laundry product and be tablet friendly.as well as fix all the many bugs this very old software has? One would think the millions they save on Australian tax cuts they could afford it, and employ more than 1 person in the kitchen department at Northlakes. After all that's what the tax cuts are for aren't they? To employ Australians , yet every IKEA store I have visited in the past 10 years always have cues of people waiting for service at most counters....Not good enough IKEA!

Elwood Hindley asked on Mar 02, 2017

Answer this

What items are missing from the software? ONE person in the kitchen department at Northlakes? There are four in Canberra, five on weekends, in a much smaller city than Brisbane. There are certainly short queues on weekends in kitchens, I think the longest I've seen is two people ahead of me. Perhaps you need a tablet that runs Google?

The new IKEA kitchens range are not compatible with the previous FAKTUM system. Change occurred here in June 2015 and IKEA said they would supply parts 2 years THEY DO NOTthis is not have drawer fronts/doors (ABSTRAKT WHITE) Staff say they do not stock since the changeover. They only have the hardware for the drawers - no fronts. Spent $17000 on FAKTUM and feel abandoned by IKEA. This problem will get bigger for IKEA as people source parts for the FAKTUM kitchens. Staff said go GOOGLE for a custom made door company - is this good customer service. Over 5 years we have spent in $38,000 in IKEAIKEA over a 5 year period and it comes to over $38000. Finally to add insult, in UK they sell doors/panels/drawer fronts for FAKTUM kitchens via IKEA website not shipping to Australia. NOT HAPPY - Does anybody have a source of these IKEA products as the final stock could not have simply disappeared overnight or are they stockpiling for warranty claims?

AlinOz asked on Aug 22, 2016

Answer this

We had a similar problem with our Faktum kitchen, but as it was 25 years old and we now have a local store, we decided to do a complete refresh of the kitchen. SO glad we did, Metod is infinitely better! Faktum was great, we have re-used the cabinets and doors as storage in our computer room and as a semi-outdoor terrace kitchen. I guess change happens?